New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Game of Thrones (IC Thread)

The old King has died, wounded in a hunt with a boar and succumbing to his injuries. His son, Joffrey I Baratheon has taken the iron throne, continuing the lineage of House Baratheon. However, his uncles, Stannis and Renly Baratheon, have declared his claim illegitimate, and are striving out to sieze the throne for themselves. In the north, the forces of House Stark are mobilizing to fight the forces of House Baratheon and House Lannister, seeking the release of Eddard Stark, and his two daughters, who are being held captive in King's Landing. The world is literally tearing itself apart at the seams, and soon nobody will be safe.

(Basically, this is the first turn. Now is the time to declare formally what side you are with, or delay.)
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Game of Thrones (IC Thread)

(Wow, I read He-Who-Sits-Below's introduction, and not to be beaten, I resolved to write something of a similar calibre)

The main hall of the Crow's Nest had always been cold. Mainly, this was because of the two large windows in the upper corners at the far end, the Lord’s End. Now, however, it was surprisingly warm. The only coldness was in the words of men. A messenger who had come with tales of death and despair and a new king. Those same windows that usually chilled the man too let the castle crows and ravens in to flit and fly about the hall cawing at moments they deemed appropriate. A caw brought him to his thoughts, now.

Before him, was his court, most of it, and most of that was seated. Letholdus and Charles, Mute and Grim, stared unwaveringly at him, from the left and right ends of the table, respectively. They were dark men, strong men. They had to be, for this house that he ruled had faced many a danger before, and it was the norm for odds to be stacked against them. He had not seen Fenris yet, his spymaster, with his wolfish grin, not since he had requested he remain out of site of any of their guests, as he preferred that is less honourable assets remained hidden. His liege lord knew of Fenris’ existence, yes, but his appearance, he did not know. His last council member, Nero Brune stood, to his side. He said something, some word of advice, and he nodded politely, musing on it, while staring at the end of the hall - looking past Tywin Lannister’s errand boy, who stood before them all - to one of the many house banners in the hall. It swayed lightly in the breeze, and almost seemed to flap its wings. Another caw sounded.

The errand boy was speaking. He spoke a lot, unlike Lord Crow, who had not so far. Why, was he nervous? Did his Lord of Lannister suspect betrayal? The Crows knew their place, and it was under the banner of the Lion. Even if it were not, it was certainly not under the Tully Fish, the Arryn Bird, or the Stark Wolf. The Starks… being grim and staunch leant them no advantage that their stupidity did not squander. The errand boy repeated himself, impatiently.

“… My Lord of Lannister, Lord Tywin Lannister, Warden of West, Grandfather of the King Joffery Baratheon ask that you declare for him,”

How drole this boy was, how simple. Still. Lord Rede Edwyrd Crow leant forward, before standing a mere second after, and placed his and on the arm of his own throne. He nodded simply, and spoke calmly. His words were not for shouting men to battlefields, not today.

“He has it, in earnest. Tell our Lord that I await his instruction. We shall send you off with a fresh horse. My hospitality would be yours, but in situations such as these, time is of the essence,”

He didn't want the stranger around for longer than he needed to be, just in case. He turned his head to Ser Letholdus then, while keeping his gaze fixed on the message boy, and muttered what he suspected to be one of his Captain's favourite phrases:

"Summon the bannermen,"
    Last edited by RylanC23; 2013-04-12 at 07:47 AM.
    My avatar, the OOTS version of Lord Crow, is by the magnificent Kymme!

War of the Five Kings (IC) Quotes
    27.5% of characters done!
    Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    Everyone in this world is a psychopath.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Ala sat in the great hall. Before her sat all the assembled personages of Stormhold and Storm's port; her 'cousins' Ser Ryce and Cleon, her base born brother, Jaime Rivers, her Marshall captain Word Griffson. Further down the long table sat the Maester, Maeron, and Septon Ussuf, and at the end Admiral-captain Kallen and Amber the mistress of ships.
    Young Ser Erwyn Mort was there as well and she had even had a carefully composed letter from her mother. Everyone's fate hung on her decision and each of them had pressed her to follow their thoughts. But they had to learn that she ruled Stormhold, it was her birthright, and she was not some figurehead that they could simply persuade to their thinking. She ruled in truth.

"I have received word from Edmure Tully at Riverrun. The Starks are coming south with thousands of Northmen and the river lords are rising to join swords with them. The Lannisters are no friends of ours and the Baratheons are split. We shall allow no king to take our fathers hostages: we deposed Aerys and we shall depose this despot."

"My friends,"
    at this point Ala's voice dropped to a whisper, "Gather your ships and your swords. We fight for the Starks, for Tully and for Stormhold!"

The assembled men began to beat the table heartily; "For the Starks, for the Tullys and for STORMHOLD!"
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Tiashan Kent

Ti rod into his keep at the head of the hunt. It had been a good day and he'd brought down the pretender and given the old stag another year to rule his herd. Maester Kal was waiting for him in the courtyard, tugging on the chain around his neck impatiently, "My Lord, news from King's Landing arrived while you were hunting. King Robert is dead and your lordship is instructed to attend King Joffrey for his coronation."

Hopping down from his horse he passed the reins to a stable boy, "I just got back from King's Landing, Maester, and frankly I'm sick of jousting anyway. The King's Hand and his bloody tourney cost me a fortune when I lost to Ser Loras Tyrell. I'm not going back if I can help it. We'll send our apologies and a gift. Given the distance I'm sure we won't be missed."

"There's more, my Lord," Kal Karstark always liked to hold a little back. Anyone would think he was a mummer looking for drama rather than a middle aged maester with a chain round his neck. "The Hand is imprisoned and the North is demanding his return, actually the return of Stark girls too. King Robert's brothers are both denying that the heir is legitimate and have claimed the crown for themselves. There's rebellion and war brewing."

"The last rebellion cost me my father, uncle Bran his wits and half our lands. I want nothing to do with it!" With a sigh he stopped in his tracks, "That's not an option, is it? Attend me in the great hall in an hour. Inform Gethan and Greff that I wish to see them and any of my bannermen that are visiting. I need to speak with Tam Lightbow and Redbrow. Whatever I decide I'll need information and our master of purse of my side. Find out what the Frey's are doing at the Twins as quick as you can. Crookback might know which way he'll leap but if he's true to form he'll do nothing and bide his time."

--

Later in the great hall Ti's men stood around him, giving their advice and arguing their own points of view. It all boiled down to geography in the end. The Stark's were closer allied by marriage to the Tullys. Kent lands were between the two and if the Twins opened for the Direwolf then they'd go south and could not leave a hostile force between them and the north. If the Twins opened for the boy, Joffrey, then Stark could not leave a potential ally of his enemy unmolested. Renly and Stannis were in the south with Joffrey's men between them and Stark. Lannister and Dorne were distant and so best left alone.

"I shall visit Robb Stark in person and pledge to his cause. Send the Lord of the Crossing my compliments by raven. I'll write a letter tonight to go overland. We must know what he intends. Someone needs to find out if the claims about Joffrey are true. If there can be a peaceful end to this then it hinges of the boy king not doing anything rash. Best to gather the banners sooner rather than later. Go, you all know what to do. I'll be practicing in the yard when you have news."

With that he left the hall, stripped off his shirt and began to go through his fencing exercises. They relaxed him and helped him to focus his mind. Before long his brother in law, Greth, joined him. Though of a height Greth was the bigger man, bulky and heavily muscled next to Ti's lean form. They sparred for an hour until both were drenched in sweat. Ti and grown to like the former sell sword, despite being lowborn, and hoped that his sister did too. Things were simple with him in a way that they were not with the other noble houses, even his family.

"I'm going to declare Nestor my heir," he announced as they washed by the blacksmith's water butt, "If anything happens to me I'll expect you to help keep my sister honest and out of trouble. If there's war I'll probably have to marry. I'm the right age, old for marriage really, and not sworn to anyone but until I can produce an heir of my own then Nestor is my choice. I can rely on you to protect her, can't I, to protect House Kent? I'll announce it when my banners arrive."
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aegar could almost hear the bells ringing for the dead king, that put a smile on his face. Please be dead. Rhaegar deserved a better death than from you. The rider from King's Landing didn't take long to get to Stingkeep, only about a mile down the goldroad. The rider was just some goldcloak but his message was important. "My lord, King Robert is dead, he was attacked by a boar whilst hunting and died earlier today. His true born son Joffrey I of house Baratheon is now king, pledage allegiance or forever be a traitor of the crown. What do you say?" Aegar doesn't let so much as a smile flicker on his face, he stares at the goldcloak for five long seconds. "I say that I would love to go to pledge my allegiance in person I will ride for King's Landing with my sisters and my squire, Martyn. Could you give me a minute to speak with my family about that?" The goldcloak turns and walks out of the castle.

Only then does Aegar allow a smile and when Visenya and Rhaenys Drex are with him he tells them what his plans are for King's Landing. "I shall pledge allegiance to this new King and give him my army to command, then after a night of complimenting him and his mother, I shall ask for a place on the small council as Master of Laws, now that Lord Renly's gone. I'll make sure Paxter Redwyne becomes Master of Ships and we'll be one step closer to control over Westeros. Summon Jake, I need to speak with him and Ser Adam." When all five of them are in the room he begins to divulge his plans, "With more power I can gain leverage of Westeros, Ser Adam how would you like to join the Kingsguard? Jake you will become Master of Whispers when the eunuch's gone and I will make sure the throne is loyal to me." It takes Aegar another fifteen minutes to prepare for going to the capitol. They take 500 veteran men with them including 70 knights. It doesn't take long to get there and Aegar immediately gets of his horse and ask Martyn to stable the horses and get his belongings together ass he meets with whoever is in charge.

He arrives in the Throne room with his purple Manticore flying above his head and Blackfyre at his side. It's good to see who's there, the boy King Joffrey is just as handsome as his uncle and his mother is sat there, beautiful as ever. Littlefinger, Varys and Pycelle are at his side. Aegar walks up to Joffrey and kneels and kneels at his feet. "Your Grace, how amazing it is to finally meet you. I have come to pledge my allegiance to you and your cause. The power and men of Stingkeep are yours to command and I will to do anything to further you cause. The manticore is always friends with the Lion."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

As Rodric watched the rider apear at his gate bearing the kings crest he turned to his mother and said "They have finally arrived, guess the king did die. Looks like I will be owing those two bits to Master Amir after all." Looking at his mother he waited for her reply. She sat doing Gabirals portriat on an ivory plauqe, chewing on a strand of here sabel hair as she painted the curls of his brothers hair. Muttering she said "You should not speak like that dear, last thing we need is that spy of the Lancasters over hearing you." Finishing the shading for a tree she continued "In either case I think I shall head of to the starks and offer ourselves to thier command, reswear the oaths as it were." Chuckeling he went to the door and motioned a servent over and whisphered his commands. "There" he said "now we can get down to real matter. Going to Kings landing. Last thing I want to do is swear an off to who ever will try to take that blasted throne, but want can I do..." stopping at a knock on his door Amir, head of the Mercinaries arrived in and laughed as he watch Gabiral squirming on the stool as Lady Maria finished the painting. "Everthing is already done and you will be able to leave on the marrow. Thank the gods you little foxes can hear a few days ahead of that bumbling oaf of a rider." Laughing now as Rodrics brother tackled his knees almost bowling him over. Continueing "In either case your Chamberlain sent a message to the Starks as you requested. Now you scoudral get off my legs and let me see what your mother has done now." With that he picked up Gabiral, squelling as he was tossed over the burly mans shoulder and walked over and began discussing her newest piece.

Behind him rodric heard the whispher of a door closing. Turning to the right he saw his Voice of the fox come in from behind a secert doorway. "It is done, I took the message from the man and sent him on his way. Last thing I need to deal with today is two spys. Fellow wanted to jion you on your trip to kings landing." sighing he contiued as he tapped on his masks nose "tabs more like. His is one of the cousions to one of the lesser houses sworn to the old king. Either way the troops are ready and a second detachment is being ready for the Lady." Smiling Rodric looked over the man. He wore a light gray robe with a hemp rope for a belt. His hands wore gloves made of fine leather and his face bore a mask made of painted wood. Carved in the relief of a red fox the only decerible feature to him was that there wasn't any. "Thank you and to our little friend, without him we would have been stumbling about for days." Turning back to his mother he siad "Well I have to meet with the House of commons today at noon; Gabiral why don't you take mother down to check her horse while I get ready for my trip." Of course brother. Was all ther reply he got from him as he ran laughing from the room with thier mother walking after him.

That morning both Rodric and Lady Maria left with thier Grauds. Rodric took a detachment of the Stormbolt mercinaries (500 veteran) and a quarter of his personal graud with him (100 Elite). Among all this was a small caravan belonging to the head of trade containing things for trade and hiding the Vioce of the fox and his staff (100 common, 6 spies) While his mother took the the troops of the House of Forick (1000 vetern), a minor Lord but close friend of the family, her own personal graud (50 elite), and her personal staff (4 spies).
    III'''MMMMMM BbbbaaaCCCKKKK
    From the worst 6 (or fewer lost count) months of (9)hells

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar created by GrlumpTheElder

Take a Peek

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Turn 1:

The Crow
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your words are sent to Lord Tywin, declaring for the rightful king, Geoffrey Baratheon, the first of his name. Your bannermen are summoned, bringing with them every able bodied soldier they can muster from the fields and private armies of your lands. It is a powerful force for your small house, but a drop in the bucket of the Lannister armies.

Lord Tywin has requested 2000 men and a commander for use in a dangerous attack against an army that is heading south from Winterfell. It is a dangerous mission, and likely your men will not return. (this is a request, you can decide how to respond to it, who to send, or to refuse it outright. You can also send more than is asked. Whatever you do, it will impact your relations with House Lannister)

Your relations with house Lannister are warm. The Lannisters see you as a good servitor, and not a threat to them

House Rind
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your declaration for the Starks, and the army of the North, is well welcomed by the young Lord Stark. Your military is gathered, and you realize that you have almost nothing that can be called a warship, just some merchant galleys and long-range fishing boats. Your armies fare a little better, 14,100 soldiers of various skill.

The Starks have asked for a force of 4000 men to occupy a key stronghold on a river. These men will be there for a long while, but will be vital to the setup for a strong push into the southlands (your men will be occupied for 3 turns, including this one). They have also asked for a strong military commander, and a supply officer to help with matters (a military banner and an economic or agricultural banner). [This is a request, you can handle it in several ways, refusing it, giving part, giving all, or giving more than what is asked. Your actions will impact your relations with House Stark].

Your relations with House Stark are warm. They see you as a loyal ally, and trust you to keep your bargains. They do not feel threatened by you.

House Kent
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your pledge of loyalty is well welcomed by the Starks. Your army is but a small drop in the bucket that is their forces, but surely every little bit helps.

The Starks have sent a request to you. They ask for massive supplies of weapons, armor, ammunition and soldiers to protect their supply convoys. You think you would need about 1000 soldiers to protect the convoys with a reasonable level of security. The logistics support would require the knowledge of 2 of your best merchants or quartermasters, and your economy would be devoted to the effort for the near future (this is a request. You can choose to ignore it, partially fulfill it, completely fulfill it, or go beyond the requirements. What you do will impact your standing with House Stark. They are asking for 1000 soldiers of any type, 2 military or economic bannermen (or a mix 1 of each) and 1 economic decision per turn to be tied up for the next 2 turns).

Your relations with House Stark are warm. They see you as a loyal ally, and trust you to keep your bargains. They do not feel threatened by you.

House Drex
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are welcomed into King's Landing as a loyal friend of the crown. As you enter the city you can see the massive preparations for war, grain stockpiled being brought in, every blacksmith in the area making and sharpening weapons, and every able bodied man being trained with a weapon of some sort.

A letter with the Queen's seal had requested that you provide some of your espionage talents to the crown. She has asked for a spymaster, and four spies for a delicate mission across the narrow sea. She gives no other information, but mentions that she would be in your debt for this. It would take considerable resources to keep in contact with your spies on the other continent. (this is a request. You can ignore it, partially fulfill it, fully filfull it, or give more than is required. It will impact your standing with the Queen and House Lannister. She is asking for 1 espionage banner, 4 spies, and 1 of your espionage actions to be used for 2 turns).

Your relationship with House Lannister and the throne is cordial. You are a respected underling, and one they do not consider a threat.

House Dunharrow
    Spoiler
    Show
    House Stark welcomes your support, and has a very interesting mission for you. It seems that they need information about how the Lannisters are deploying their armies. The mission will be extremely dangerous, but they require five spies, a group of 250 soldiers, a military commander, and a spymaster. (This is a request. You can refuse it, give part of what they need, give all of what they need, or give more than they ask for. It will impact your relations with House Stark. They want 5 spies, 250 soldiers, 1 military banner and 1 espionage banner.)

Your relations with Hosue Stark are cordial. They see you as a welcome ally and not a threat to their power.

World Acitivites (All can read)
    There is upheaval in the world, with factions forming and arming themselves. The price of grain has rapidly doubled as men make stores for sieges, and every able blacksmith has been hired by somebody. The price of Valerian steel has tripled, making weapons made of the rare material worth more than some estates. While no major battles have been fought yet, as the Starks would say, Winter is Coming...a winter of bloodshed and violence.

Note to all: You can feel free to use your actions at any time, but please specify what you are doing as clearly as possible. If you aren't sure what constitutes a single action or multiple ones, try it and I will let you know. Using banners in actions gives them more likelihood of success, but each banner can only be used for a single action per turn (and there are chances they can get injured, or killed when used). Any other questions, ask in OOC.

Also, any requests you respond to do not require actions unless they specify so.
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2013-04-17 at 11:40 PM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Game Master

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions

Military

Spoiler
    Show
    - Grimly, Lord Crow responds to the request by sending his Chief Strategist, Ser Charles the Grim, making sure to inform him he will be likely facing a superior force, and that while victory matters, glory does not, as well as a force of 4000 men (comprised of 200 elite, to serve as an honour guard to Charles, to protect him, 1800 Veterans, and 1000 common soldiers, and 1000 militia) double the amount requested. With this force, Rede sends Owain Nightworn, to assist the strategist in organising the force, and Fenris Wolfcourt, who is to be put in charge of 5 spies, who are to serve as scouts, and to assist in turning the potentially horrid odds in our favour. He gives instructions to Wolfcourt that he is not to take part personally in any missions, but to assist Charles with any information he can gather.

- Rede also informs Kyrion that, in the event of his death, his wishes are that he resume the regency, if he would not become his heir, if he were to die childless, or if his child, or Lucien, were still in infancy.

- Rede has Letholdus the Mute and the Bastardbane begin training my remaining troops.

Agriculture

Spoiler
    Show
    - Lady Morganna and John Brune, Lord Crow has organising and gathering and rallying more men to our cause.

- Gendry Ventus, and Lady Nightworn are to organise the storing of crops. They are given express instructions only to requisition surplus grain, and not seeds. 80% of this will be stored in case of siege, and 20% will be sold. When the stores are full, 95% will then be sold, with the remainder used to keep the stores at full capacity. 10% of the money gained from this will be given back to those farmers who had lost grain, as recompense.

Economic

Spoiler
    Show
    - Lord and Lady Wolfcourt are to see about buying better equipment, and perhaps specialised trainers, with the money gained from the selling of the grain. Gwyn Hill is to assist them in this.

- Nero Brune is to open any diplomatic links we may have with any Houses loyal to the realm. We need friends.

Espionage

Spoiler
    Show
    - Mary Crow is to be sent to King Landing with 2 spies. She is to court any friends, or powerful allies, wherever they may be found. I request that Camilla Nightworn join her. If she does, she will receive 2 spies also.

- One spy, Rede has send him a message by raven every hour, so that he knows if they are getting shot down or not.

- Four spies are to spread out across the realm, under the direction of Lord Kacer and Bren Nightworn, with instructions to gather any information, and relay it to Lord Crow.

- Alice Crow is to be made available for offers of marriage, though Rede expressly tells her that she has nothing to fear by this. It is unlikely she or Rede will accept any proposals.
    My avatar, the OOTS version of Lord Crow, is by the magnificent Kymme!

War of the Five Kings (IC) Quotes
    27.5% of characters done!
    Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    Everyone in this world is a psychopath.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Ala, Lady of House Rind

"A steep toll to ask," Ala announced dejectedly, "But that is to be expected I suppose."

"4000? So many?" Her mother queried, obviously concerned.

"Indeed, but this is war mother, a rebellion as large as Robert's when he took the throne it seems. All of Westeros will burn I'm certain, and even if the fires only focus on one place that will be here in the riverlands; we will need allies and this boy Stark has a great number. If the rumours are true and the Tyrells and Baratheons have risen up as well then we will only face Tywin and his westermen. Those are odds I am happy to take."

"I must go this boy, Robb Stark and show him our support. Hoster Tully is bed ridden and Lady Catelyn is the Stark boy's mother: he will be the key to power after this is done."

"I know all this as well as you, Ala," her mother gently chided, "And I won't waste time trying to persuade you not to go. I know you will. But you can't leave either of those 'cousins' of yours here."
    "I don't intend to mother, Ser Ryce will lead serve as Marshall-Captain Griffson's second. That is honour enough for him, but he will be far from here defending that river stronghold. Maybe he'll decide he likes it and make it his seat. If not, I'm sure Griffson will plant our banner there. And I will take Cleon with me to Lord Stark; perhaps we can pass him off to the northmen as a supply officer."
    Her mother gave Ala one of those looks but nodded, happy with her daughter's decisions.
    "And I will take Jaime with me."
    Ellien's eyes flashed with uncertainty: "Why Jaime? What will he do for you?"
    "Nothing perhaps, but I will not leave the only man with true Rind blood in Stormhold with my sister. He will come with me and I will keep an eye on him."

Ellien stepped through a sliding panel into the hidden walkways in Sotrmhold. After passing through a number of corridors and staircases she appeared in her work room.
    "What is it aunt?" Jaime asked from his stool by the fire. Something was simmering in a pot in front of him, but Ellien didn't bother to ask; Jaime's knowledge of poisons had far outstripped her own long ago.
    "Ala intends to take you with her to the Starks."
    "I know, I heard Ryce whinging about the unfairness of it all," Jaime replied with a smirk.
    "I need you to watch her back. There will be all kinds of men there, and many of them will work for their masters in King's Landing and Lannisport, not Winterfull or Riverrun. Guard her. Keep her safe."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ala will ride to meet up with the Starks. She will bring with her 1000 Veterans, led by Ser Affan Harbury (who she will give to the Starks as her 'seasoned battle commander) and also Ser Erwyn Mort. She will bring Cleon Rind as well as her economic banner, with 200 elites to guard her. She will also bring 2 banners of militia conscripts (led by Old Kell and Jorric). This will be a total of 3200 men.
    She is also bringing Jaime Rivers and Malla Spring, two spies.

She sends an army to the river Stronghold. 1000 elites lead by Marshall-Captain Griffson and Ser Ryce Rind. They will be accompanied by 3 agriculture banners, Sarran, Master Lothson and 'Lord' Kaspar.
    A total of 4000 men.

The rest will focus on increasing prosperity within Ala's own lands.
    Lady Ellien and her 5 other spies will set to work making sure Stormhold is firmly behind Ala and there is no dissent within her bannermen.
    The Lords of the land and other Economic banners will be set to firming up their stockpiles and providing a 'War tax' to fund their armies.
    The last of the agriculture banners will set to work bringing in the harvest.
    The Last of the military banners will set themselves to defending the boundaries of Rind land and ensuring that law does not break down in these troubled times.

Military (3 points)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ala, Lady of House Rind, leads an army to join the Stark army coming South. This is in accorance with their request for an able commander (Ser Affan Harbury) and a supply master (Cleon Rind). She will bring 2 military banners (Ser Affan Harbury and Ser Erwyn Mort, 1000 veterans) and 1 economic banner (Cleon Rind, 200 elites) and 2 agriculture banners (Old Kell and Jerric, 2000 militia) and two spies (Jaime Rivers and Malla Spring).

An army rides to hold the river stronghold. 2 military banners (Ser Ryce Rind and Marshall Captain Griffson, 1000 veterans) and 3 agriculture banners (Sarran, Master Lothson and 'Lord' Kaspar, 3000 militia).

Ser Horace Tor sees to the defence of Rind Land, strengthening the borders and enforcing the law (5 agriculture banners)

Economic (3 Points)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lords of the land provide a 'War tax' to pay for the upkeep of the armies (3 economic banners)

The merchants set to strengthening trade netwroks with other riverlords and Northmen, and sever ties with those in the south and west (2 economic banners)

Agriculture (3 Points)
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the approach of winter, the people move to the fields and begin to bring in the harvest and stockpile for the coming winter and hardships of war (3 agriculture banners)

Espionage (1 Point)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lady Ellien and her spies set to rooting out any spy networs within Stormhold or the surrounding area, and removing any such informants found in this way (6 spies)
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2013-04-22 at 03:28 PM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

For the GM:

Spoiler
    Show
    Aegar responds courteously to the Queen's offer, "Your Grace, I am more than delighted to be of service, you shall have your four spies and I will give you my personal spymaster Jake Vall. He may be young but he knows more about Westeros than anyone but your spider. I will send twenty men to escort him from Stingkeep with four of my spare spies, I think I have some spies to spare."

Actions and locations of men, banners and spies

Spoiler
    Show
    Total Armed Forces: 9300 men
    5000 Conscript Militia 4000 in the farms of Stingkeep, 1000 working in Highgarden with Garth Tyrell
    1000 Common soldiers 800 at Stingkeep, 200 given to Damion Lannister
    2500 veteran soldiers 500 at King's Landing, 1000 at Singkeep, 500 at Sandstone with Quentyn Qorgyle
    800 elite soldiers
    200 at Stingkeep, 400 at Qohor with Baeron, 200 being sent to Qarth to help protect Daenerys with Vertack
    20 Spies 4 with Jake going across the Narrow Sea, 3 with Aegar in King's Landing, 1 in Qarth spying on Daenerys, 1 in Harrenhal spying on Tywin Lannister, 2 on the Wall, observing, 3 in the Vale, observing, 1 in Lannisport, observing, 2 in Renly's camp, spying on Renly and Mace Tyrell, 2 in the Free Cities, traveling and observing, 1 in Oldtown spying on the Archmaesters.

Family:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baeron Drex Waiting in Qohor for Vertack to return with Daenerys, he is helping out with the Qohorik, whilst also trying to gain support of other generals and leaders who would fight for Daenerys, what kind of action would gain support be?

Visenya Drex Visenya will remain in King's Landing to help Aegar and train the men at King's Landing. She cares little for the politics but is instructed to make friends with Cersei, what action would making friends be?

Rhaenys Drex
    Rhaenys will train more men at Stingkeep for the war, that's her action

Household
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edd Dickson Will be sailing back and forth along the Blackwater, fishing for any ripe catches.

Maester Gerrald Gerrald is being sent on a ship down to Oldtown under the pretence of getting an apprentice Maester to train (which he will do) but he is also going to be discussing with Archamester Marwyn how to get help and information about the Dragons.

Ser Adam Thorne Will be helping Rhaenys train men.

Spymaster Jake Vall Is crossing the Narrow Sea with four spies on Cersei's command.

Septon William Will be trying to make the most of the bountiful harvest.

Martyn Lannister Is remaining in King's Landing and training to be a knight, he will also help in diplomacy with the Lannisters

Matthew the Farmer Is also going to be harvesting the new crops.

In King's Landing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gyles Left-eye Will be giving money to Aegar in King's Landing

Paxter Redwyne Will be dropping odd positive comments about Aegar and mentioning how helpful he could be to Cersei.

Around Westeros
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Highgarden

Garth Tyrell Garth will be keeping an eye on Mace and Renly and relaying that information to Aegar.

Harrold Flowers Is going to be sending his huge load to King's Landing for Aegar to dine on.

In Casterly Rock

Damion Lannister Damion will be observing Casterly Rock and sending a lot of messages to Tywin to ask about the war which he will pass onto Aegar.

Lucius Hill Lucius will be mining and selling gold as usual.

In the Vale of Arryn

Lord Horton Redfort Will be planting the seeds of the Targaryens coming back in the Vale

In the North

Harrion Karstark Will pretend to ally with Robb but actually be telling Aegar about what is happening in the North.

In Oldtown

Archmaester Marwyn Will be waiting for Maester Gerrald and teaching the novices and apprentices that the dragons and Targaryens were great.

In Dorne

Lord Quentyn Qorgyle Is going to Sunspear to talk with Doran and Oberyn for getting Daenerys back.

In Essos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magister Illyrio Is waiting in Pentos for Daenerys to join him again and help her get across the Narrow Sea

Petrandis Is teaching Baeron the art of face changing.

Vertack Frout Is going over to Qarth to assist Daenerys.

Zarrabellas the Drunk Will be making some more pear as a treat to Cersei and the Imp.
    Last edited by Thattaman; 2013-04-19 at 10:30 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

House of Kent

For the DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ti looks over the letter from Rob Stark with resignation but an oath is an oath even if it costs a fortune. He sends for Walder Frey and when the hunchback arrives he shows him the letter. "Walder, I want you to take all of your men and 200 of my own guard to Winterfell and obey the orders of rob Stark or his Castilian. Appoint a worthy second and make sure to split your forces where you can. Keep away from The Twins. You don't want your uncle making a fuss. He's staying neutral at the moment but we'll see which side he chooses soon enough I think."

Farder Snow is called next. "Snow, I want you to take your 600 and patrol the King's Road. Anyone not allied to Stark should be detained. Tax merchants travelling south based on what they're carrying. One tenth of what they're carrying should do plus all weapons and armours. I'll not have them arming the enemy. If they have proof that they're going to our allies allow them to pass."

He sends for the Maester too, "I want word sent to Illem Garg. His ships are to patrol for merchants taking from the North to the South and to seize their goods and vessels in the name of House Stark. He can buy the goods at cost or take them by the point of a sword as long as Tywin Lannister and the boy king don't get them. We'll sell the goods in the North and tax them as normal."

"Have Breye Wallwalker step up production in the mines. We're making weapons of war now. Ship some here and the rest north to the Starks."

"I want letters sent to the other Houses in the North. We'll need allies soon enough."

For Lords and Ladies in the North

A note is sent by raven to each of your houses and a longer version by rider in case the raven is lost.

Spoiler
    Show
    My Friends in the North,

House Kent has allied with House Stark to redress the awful grievance that Prince Joffrey has committed against them. We demand the return of the children to their mother. We demand the return of the King's Hand to Winterfell. We demand a full and open inquiry as to the allegations made by Stannis Baratheon before the crown is passed to another.

We wish the seven kingdoms to remain united under a common king and not an usurper born of incest. Our cause is with House Stark. We do not wish for civil war and will bow before the rightful king in the interests of peace. Join the cause of House Stark or be marked as an enemy of the north.

Yours

Tiashan of House Kent
    [/B]

For Lords and Ladies in the South

Nothing for you.

Another letter is sent to Robert's brothers asking for proof of the legitimacy of their claims.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

For the GM

Spoiler
    Show
    Lady Maria of course accepted the mission from the starks and has called for several of her banners to come and sevre. Futher more she had sent her on spies to scour the starks home for enemy spies within the house hold. (Sending

Rodric on the other hand is still traveling south to determine the claim of the throne for himself with his small group. Along the way he and his Vioce of the Fox dispatch spies into the gathering forces of the Lancastor army. All the while his own troops have began to spread out in to the hills around Kings landing in the case of betrayal.

--So ...

Followers of the Dunharrows:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Armed Forces:
    1000 Conscript Militia
    800 Common soldiers
    3000 veteran soldiers
    800 elite soldiers

Total: 5600 men

Agriculture Banners: 1 (1000 conscript militia)
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Head of Commons; Lily Fieldwright: Has began to gather what meager amount of grain and foodstuff from the surronding keeps and having each lord begin prepations for siege. Sending what militia there is to valkeep to be protected and to protect it. (1000 conscript militia)

Military Banners: 6 (3000 veteran soldiers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Speaker of the Noble; Richard Moore: Begins to gather the minor houses and thier armies at the borders of the Dunharrows land (500 Veterans )
    • Head of Mercenaries; Amir Dullic: Now acts as the Armsmaster and Champion of valkeep; Holding with a company of his own (The Wolfs Fang; 1000 veteran) and the suronding milita.
    • Kaleen Frop- Chief Mercenary of the Rouge wind: Called apon by the Lady Maria she know travels with her troop to the Starks land with a Detachment of spies. (500 veteran)
    • Lord Korick: A nobel with the largest gruad within the dunharrows land is now traveling under the command of the Lady Maria (1000 Verterans)

Economic Banners: 4 (800 elite soldiers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Chamberlain William: Is now having the border grauds increase thier patrols and perpare ambushes along the roads. (400 Elite Grauds Spread out along the boder in a circut and set up rockslides, pits and other devices to interfear with travel once the final command for war is given. So they are not yet active but will be ready in a moments notice when called upon)
    • Head of Trade; Jonathan Miller: Has called back all caravans back from the south, commanding them to gather as much grain and supplies as they travel back (300 Elite are dispersed among the ten caravans that are currently out. Except for rodric who has a seperate caravan.

Espionage: 8 (800 common soldiers, 16 spies)
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Voice of the Fox-Traveling with Lord Rodric and has sent 4 of the six spies he had brought with him into the Lancastors forces. The other two are with him and are order to gather information as they travel and report back. (6 spies)
    • "Lady" Maria Dunharrow: Has her handmaidens and personal servents (the 4 spies) go throughout the starks home and lands to find rebels and enemy spies. Further more see calls for one of the Lesser masters of the fow to come and aid the starks. (Has 4 spies)
    • Casey Fugcre: Lesser spy master that is now traveling north with Kaleen Frop to aid the starks as comanded ( 5 spies travel with her)

-the last spie stays at Valkeep to watchout for enemy spies and rebels. Send a raven each day to both Lord rodric (in code) and Lady maria. Reports to Chamberlain william and the Master of Mercinaires
    III'''MMMMMM BbbbaaaCCCKKKK
    From the worst 6 (or fewer lost count) months of (9)hells

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar created by GrlumpTheElder

Take a Peek