New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout: Now With Slow-Mo Headsplosions

Dear Vengeance -

Unfortunately, not all weaknesses can be overcome, and if you ever leave the DC area you will unfortunately find yourself facing a fierce foe named Damage Threshold. A foe I can easily overcome, and in a very glorious manner.

But don't feel bad. All of us have our weaknesses. In my case, its desiring a steady diet of weapon repair kits.

Sincerely,
    The Tesla-Beaton Prototype

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Dear TBP,

A pretty light show doesn't equate to brilliance. I've seen you take an hour to zap one bug. I can do it without the bug ever knowing it's anything but a splatter on the windshield of life.

Sincerely, AMR.

---

Dear Everyone,

Once a day, I'm partial to a scorched earth Policy.

Sincerely, C-Finder.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Dear AMR,

Size isn't everything.

Sincerely,
    A Light In Shining Darkness

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dear AMR:

Remember how those lovely people at the Gun Runner's sold you on that suppressor thing? Said it made you look so nice and slim?

They're lying to you.

I thought it would be nice to go hunting with you one last time, for old time's sake. There's a nice warren of deathclaws; you know the one, just a bit north of Cottonwood Cove?

Well, I tucked the suppressor in your muzzle; after all, no use making a bit of noise that would get us all killed, right?

I lined up a bead on the first deathclaw I saw: a nice big fellow, standing next to a buddy.

I swear, you're louder than some miniguns I know, even with the suppressor! Now I have to figure out a way to get away from six pissed deathclaws, plus two momma deathclaws and an alpha male.

Thanks.
    Puck.

PS: the answer was ~ coc Novac.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Dear Puck,

That'll teach you to try and trade me in.

Sincerely, AMR.

---

Dear Light Shining in Darkness,

Size isn't everything, but it still counts downrange.

Sincerely, AMR.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

In this thread: what Nightkin hear all the time.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2013-05-09 at 09:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    In this thread: what Nightkin hear all the time.
    He wins.

In all seriousness, though, why use the AMR? The suppressor makes it so that it's only as loud as a regular rifle--still enough to get me noticed.

Plus, it's not even the best weapon for burst damage. The unique Gauss rifle, the YCS/186, does more base damage, has just over seven times the DPS, a greater critical chance multiplier, and has the added benefit, with the Meltdown perk, of acting like a rocket launcher to those in the immediate area of your victim.

Let's not forget that in order to get an Anti-machine rifle lighter than the Gauss rifle, you'll need to spend a couple thousand caps on carbon fiber parts, and have the heavyweight perk.

(Or you could cheat, use console commands to get The Faderator, and just go to town on anything and everything with your scoped, fully automatic, MFC generating Gauss shotgun...)
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

I play with WMX, so I can make my own Carbon Fiber Parts, plus an improved recoil dampener, and something else.

Also, it's a sniper weapon, I don't shoot close enough for them to hear me. And if I'm that close, I'm using a Minigun.

Scopes? What's the cheat in that? I TGM, and use my custom made 12ga Minigun.

Really, if you're going to use Console Commands, go balls out.

9. - Top - End - #189

The cheat isn't really in the scope; it's more the fact that it's a fully automatic Gauss-shotgun. Each shot fires three pellets, each of which do 120 damage. It does this 198 times per second. It's DPS is somewhere past 25k.

You need no ammo, since it generates ammo faster than you fire it. If you have even one cell of a special ammo type, it will fill itself with that type. In fact, it's possible, by shooting it into the air, to collect more drained energy cells than you use.

It's not that I don't like it, or because it's cheating. It's because I feel bad when I use it. At least they have a fighting chance the other way around.

Also, 12g minigun? Want.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I made it originally to fire large numbers of Illuminating Flares from the Light My Flare mod. So I can create my own minature sun. Of course, using it to chew through a Deathclaw is pretty awesome. It's got no original model though. I keep meaning to upload it.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

So in trying to install WME/WMX and also make it work with Project Nevada, I've screwed up my game. I can't fast travel and when I boot up NV via NVSE or steam it crashes if I have Project Nevada and it's modules active in FOMM. What is the best way to go about cleaning up my game without uninstalling all mods or deleting all the files and downloading it again? HOW DO I PROCEED BELOVED PLAYGROUND.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Uh... you start by uninstalling all your mods to see if that was the problem, then adding them back on one by one until you find the one that messed up your game. If it doesn't work even after uninstalling your mods, you'll need to verify the integrity of the game cache.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by matt321miller View Post
    So in trying to install WME/WMX and also make it work with Project Nevada, I've screwed up my game. I can't fast travel and when I boot up NV via NVSE or steam it crashes if I have Project Nevada and it's modules active in FOMM. What is the best way to go about cleaning up my game without uninstalling all mods or deleting all the files and downloading it again? HOW DO I PROCEED BELOVED PLAYGROUND.
    Just to make sure, you're only running one of WME and WMX, and you have the right patch for that one, right?

Could you post your load order?

You might have more success posting on the Nexus troubleshooting forum.
    Last edited by Bryn; 2013-05-14 at 01:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Step one: Ensure that your Project Nevada files are all active. This is a glitch of some kind and caused me no end of problem.

Step two: Use FNVEdit to check your load order. This will tell you if a master isn't loaded before a file that relies on it.

Step three: Download and install Unified Hud Project to ensure there's not a HUD issue. That's a common cause of crash on start up.

Step four: Go to GophersVids channel on Youtube and watch his New Vegas Tutorials, and see if you missed something.

Step five: Redownload and Reinstall to ensure you didn't get a corrupt download.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

When you say uninstall the mods, do I just uncheck them in FOMM or do I have to manually find all the files for them in the Data directory?

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Did you install them using the package manager? If not, you'll have to hunt through the Data folder and remove them all. It might be flat out faster to just uninstall NV, then reinstall it from Steam.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Yeah I think I will just make a fresh install of NV. Thanks for the help anyway.

18. - Top - End - #198

You know you might be playing too much Fallout when:

• You see two bottlecaps sitting on an abandoned table, and pocket them without thinking why.
    • playing D&D, you investigate whether any body has loot, down to and including dogs and centipedes.
    • You play Skyrim, and can't help thinking that shotguns would make the game a lot better.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    You know you might be playing too much Fallout when:

• You see two bottlecaps sitting on an abandoned table, and pocket them without thinking why.
    • playing D&D, you investigate whether any body has loot, down to and including dogs and centipedes.
    • You play Skyrim, and can't help thinking that shotguns would make the game a lot better.
    • When ever you drink ouf of bottles in real life you add the cap to your growing collection
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    • When ever you drink ouf of bottles in real life you add the cap to your growing collection
    Remember kids, the economy of post-apocalyptia starts with you!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, looks like I can't mod weapons. I installed the weapons mod menu, so that may have something to do with it, but even if I deactivate it it doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. The WMM also includes XML files to integrate the menu. Have you tried uninstalling the WMM completely, by deactivating the FOMOD in the Package Manager or deleting the files if you installed it manually? You could also try deactivating and reactivating the FOMOD, overwriting everything, to make sure you have the changes from the WMM.

I'm sure you do, but just to check, do you have up-to-date NVSE?

You may have better luck asking over at the Nexus website than here.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

What is the Playgrounds opinion on the Nexus Mod Manager vs FOMM?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

I prefer to use FOMM, since it makes it easier to add my own installation scripts to mods and it supports Premade FOMod Packs. I have heard some mods with installation scripts don't work correctly in NMM. I found FOMM's what-overwrites-what/installation order control to be better than NMM when I tried NMM, but that was ages ago.

In the guide I wrote a while ago, I wrongly said NMM can only install files from the Nexus. I just checked Gopher's video, and apparently it can also add a mod from a file.

You'll probably be fine with NMM if you're not adding scripts to mods. However, I'm not sure exactly which mods can't be installed with NMM, just that it's been causing some acrimony in comments sections of NMM-related news posts on the Nexus.
    Last edited by Bryn; 2013-05-17 at 06:46 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Both work, from what I can see; I've got both installed. FOMM loads more quickly, uses mods from more sources more easily, and supports more features.

NMM, on the other hand, has ease of use going for it. Plus, it supports things like Skyrim, etc.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

That said, you're better off using Wrye Bash or Mod Organizer for Skyrim if you're trying to do something complicated like the STEP, as it allows you to re-order your installations to control overwriting - you can update without reinstalling everything in order.

I haven't tried using Mod Organizer for NV, but it looks quite promising.
    Last edited by Bryn; 2013-05-17 at 09:25 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

I really like FOMM, because I can use the package manager to add FOMOD packages to them without having to repackage the entire mod, and thus break connection to the Nexus.

On the other hand, I can one click download mods, and then don't have to pay attention until it's finished.

@thorgrim:If you're having trouble installing weapon mods, run FNVEdit to see if there's any conflicts. I had one occur where WMX was in the wrong place in the load order. IE it was coming after one of it's patch files. I couldn't see it, but FNVEdit will stop when it comes to the error and throw up a message, instead of NV's solution of just plain crashing.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Deathclaw Hateclaw

Fallout love my friends who wants another game
    I do

What we need is
    The love given to Farcry3 & Skyrim to the next Fallout without pushing it out the door and without all the pointless textures that eat memory
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know. I kind of like the holes in the world. Gives the modders something to do.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I just installed (After about an hour-long install process) the mod "Tale of Two Wastelands." It combines New Vegas and Fallout 3 into one "Super-Game" more or less.

I'll be trying it out starting tonight, and I'll let you guys know how it turns out. ^_^
    3DS Friend Code: 1907-9395-1731
    Pokemon X Info: Modern Pattern Vivillon & Flying-Type Friend Safari (w/ Farfetch'd & Swanna)

Avatar: Thanks to asdflove for my avatar. ^_^