New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep III - Girls Gone Modest

[Sitting Room]

"I guess." Cessie remarks before glancing at Cora and Laela again. "Don't you feel weird looking at our children playing together? It feels like it was just yesterday we meet at trog's and now here we are. Both mothers."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

"I know, right. So much has changed in the last couple years. That day in Trog's feels like ages ago now." Sakura smiles at the memory. "It's kind of amazing we connected like we did. I still remember how scandalized you were by what I wore. Or what I didn't wear I should say."

Laela continues to struggle against Cora. She pushes back and tries to roll over onto Cora. Hah!

[Into the Trees]

Xavier looks down at her body, for a moment too long. He seems to realize this, as his eyes snap back up to her face. "That's unfortunate that the cold is a problem, but if you don't mind me saying, you look quite pretty." The pixie's cheeks colour a little.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

Laela manages to wrestle Cora over. Oh no! The dragon girl is pinned!
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Trees

"Well, thank you. I put a lot of work into staying in shape." Kirin stops, and then turns her head away from Xavier. "That's... an interesting smell."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Trees]

Xavier is distracted from trying to decide if that was a successful compliment by whatever it is that grabbed Kirin's attention. "Oh? Something you've never smelled around here?" He asks curiously.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Trees

"Yeah... it smells... that's really weird." Kirin will head off in a direction, sniffing. If Xander follows, after a minute or two he'll smell a slight whiff of some sweet scent.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Trees]

Xavier does indeed follow, and pauses when he smells it himself. "I smell it too. What is that?" The pixie continues following, wondering what it could be.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Trees

"I don't know; I've never smelled anything like it." A bit further on, the smell is much stronger. "Bluh, it's like someone stuffed cotton candy into my sinuses. I don't see anything... it must be a very strong-smelling thing." Kirin stops and rubs her nose.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Trees]

"Yeah, that's really strange. I wonder where it is." Xavier can smell it, though not nearly as strongly as Kirin. It's odd, though. He starts to look around for the source.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Trees

"That way, I think. Let's go, I'm really curious..."

Kirin leads a bit more, until she sees a green stem heavy with pink bell-like flowers. "That's it!"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Trees]

Xavier goes and kneels down in front of the blooming plant. "It's quite a pretty little thing. Such a strong smell, though." He puts a finger under one flower and lifts it a bit to examine it. "I don't think I've seen one quite like this."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Trees

"The smell is... diffrnt... hrrr..."

Kirin passes out. Oh dear. In fact... if Xavier stays here, he might start to feel a little drowsy, too...

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Trees]

"Kirin? Kirin!" Xavier turn and goes over to where the catgirl collapsed. He makes sure she's lying comfortably and kneels down next to her. Well that's odd. It takes him a moment to realize he's feeling drowsy as well.

"Odd." His eye go back to the flower. Perhaps that's it. He goes over to the flower and snips it off at the base of the stem. He takes a brown, putty-like substance from his bag and puts it around the cut end of the stem. He then stows it away in a sealed plastic bag. Hopefully that'll solve the drowsiness issue. He's feeling a little unsteady by now.

With that taken care of, Xavier picks up Kirin bridal style and starts carrying her back toward the keep. It's a good thing she's so light, as he isn't very strong at all.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Trees

Really, really light... Kirin wieghs about forty pounds; way, WAY too light.

Happily, the drowsiness effect does go away after it's put away... but it still smells REALLY sweet.

Like someone was pushing cotton candy up your nose, even.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Keep]

Xavier carries Kirin into the Keep. He's feeling better already now that he's got some fresh air. Once inside, he goes and lays Kirin on the couch. He leaves her for just a moment to get a damp cloth and put it on her forehead. He'll sit on the couch at her head until she wakes up.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Keep

A couple minutes later, Kirin wrinkles her nose and rolls over. She can still smell the sweet scent (and maybe the sleep scent?), and does not like the assault on her nose as the first thing that happens when the comes to.

"Whaaa..."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Keep]

"Oh, Kirin." Xavier kneels down next to her again. "How are you feeling? You passed out in the woods." He explains. He sounds worried, but at least she looks to be okay.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Keep

Kirin buries her face in the cushions. "Could you get rid of that plant? I can still smell it! It smells very strong... could you just put it somewhere else?"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Keep]

"Oh, I'm sorry. I sealed it in a plastic bag..." Xavier hurries and put his bag out of the front step. The breeze should carry away the bulk of the scent now. "Is that better?" He asks as he returns.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Keep

"Yeah... I bet that bag will reek when you next open it." She sits up and shakes herself awake. "I just passed out? Maybe it was that smell."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Keep]

"I was feeling pretty drowsy myself before I got you out of there. It must have been it." Xavier explains. It's the only explanation that makes sense. "You're feeling okay now, right?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Keep

Kirin stand up and stretches a bit. "Yeah. I've heard about these kind of things before... but I wonder why a plant would make a trap like that. It didn't attack you? A lot of plants with traps like that are carnivorous, and eat their prey after incapacitating it. It certainly didn't look carnivorous."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Sitting Room]

"I know, right. So much has changed in the last couple years. That day in Trog's feels like ages ago now." Sakura smiles at the memory. "It's kind of amazing we connected like we did. I still remember how scandalized you were by what I wore. Or what I didn't wear I should say."

Laela continues to struggle against Cora. She pushes back and tries to roll over onto Cora. Hah!
    [Sitting Room]

"I can barely remember why I started talking with you to be honest. Or did you start to talk to me? I can't recall honestly. I do remember spending a night in a tree however. That was rough." She could still feel the soreness the morning afterwards. >.<

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sitting Room]

Sakura laughs. "That was fun! Well I guess you never liked the morning after. I dunno if I could do that anymore myself, though. I think I'm got too used to a soft bed." She gives Cessie a look. "This is clearly all your fault."

Laela flops on top of Cora and grabs at her arm. She gums at the other baby's arm.

[Into the Keep]

"No, I never saw anything." Xavier stands as well. "I'd examined the plant a bit more, too, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Keep

"Well... probably the thing to do is to take it to Cessie and have her look at it in the lab. It doesn't seem to be too dangerous, but I bet she would still like to look at it."
    Kirin then gets out a granola bar and takes a bite out of it. She didn't feel like going all the way to the kitchen to solve a case of being mildly peckish.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Keep]

"She might have more ideas and methods than I do. Let's do that." Xavier will go to get his bag, and then return to accompany Kirin up to the lab. She might want to plug her nose.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Keep

Kirin does cover her nose, and head toward the lab. If she can, she will seal the flower in a proper receptacle and leave a note for Cessie on the flower. Xavier may note that Kirin goes into a lot of detail; she knows that details can be important in any experiment or investigation.

In addition, Xavier may notice (and Kirin certainly notices) that despite the fact that the flower is in an airtight container it can still be smelled strongly!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Keep]

"I can still smell it. That is so strange." Xavier peers at the flower through the container Kirin put it in. He really doesn't know what to make of that. "It's unlike anything I've ever seen before. It must have some purpose."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Into the Keep

"Yeah," Kirin agrees. "No idea what it could be, though." She then heads out of the lab. "That was a nice walk, Xavier, and I liked talking to you, but I think I should get back to my work."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-03-31 at 01:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Into the Keep]

Xavier gives her a broad smile. "I really enjoyed talking with you too. We'll have to do it again sometime. Have a good day, I'll see you later." Xavier heads off then, humming happily to himself as he goes.