New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Legends

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Future Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Caeradwyn Filiadir View Post
    “Ah doon’t think it be a line boot rather a randoom selection process to see who geets to see the Ooracle. Ah’d expect half these people be leavin’ aroond night fall foor the taverns”
    Turning to the speaker, Hiroshi is forced to look up to address the tall elf.
    Excuse my presumptions, Sir Elf. Mostly one has to wait in line to see people of importance.
    Looking around sheepishly, Hiroshi says,

But where are my manners. Allow me to introduce myself properly, My name is Hiroshi Hatori of The Order of the Crimson Flame, I humbly meet your acquaintance. with that he bows low.

Then the commotion from the rather decadent group of nobles draws his attention away, and he turns to watch as the guard takes the noble away. Sighing and shaking his head, he says to the elf,
    These nobles see nothing beyond their own petty desires; some things never seem to change.

OOC
    Ok to keep things from getting too confusing. Hiroshi is my character’s first name. I’m writing it last name, last to keep it simple.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn Hp:15/15 AC:19

Caeradwyn responds to the noble with his usual mirth
    “Nice to meet yoo Hiroshi, Ah be known as Vist and Ah agree, but when the man oof impoortance has the sight like the Ooracle be said to have, it leaves him oopen to choose the person he sees as most urgent oor most interesting since hee proobably knoows each oof our names and purpooses.”
    Caeradwyn looks around intently before his gaze settles on a pretty woman setting on her backpack.
    “Ah suggest we folloo soot and get comfortable, we might be here awhile.”
    He begins strolling through the crowd to where the two mages are at.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Balthazaar Elogian

Balthazaar tilts his head up slighty, allowing the hood of his black cloak to shift off of his face a little, showing his full features for the first time. Most noticable is his very pale skin, as well as the large dark bags under his eyes. Anyone that looked could also see his dull green eyes. He shifted to the common tongue as the girl he was talking to did.

"I thought you would have assumed that already, as most are so eager to do. Yes, I study the "Death magic" as you call it, but it is so much more. He squints his eyes and spits the next part out as if it was poisen. And those who think it is "wrong" are doomed to weakness."

Balthazaar pulled the hood back over his face when he was done.
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2006-11-21 at 02:02 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Once again regaining his comfort, Scrud removed his hood a second time. His eye fell on a short woman (Basura) who appeared to be in some sort of arguement with a taller dark cloaked figure (Balthazaar). Although the tall one gave him a nervous vibe, he decided to approach the woman.

Halfling: Its nice to see another halfling her....

He cut himself off in mid sentence as he realised that she was not a halfling at all. "I deeply apologise!" he pleaded in embarassment.
    Last edited by deadpony; 2006-11-21 at 12:20 AM.
    If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I suppose you're right... but it seemed the oracle picked that noble based solely on looks... from the grumblings I heard, there were some who've waited here longer than he..."
    Sighing slightly, he unshouldered his pack and shield, letting it rest at his feet. He hummed to himself, as if considering something, but then shook his head at whatever thought might have popped into his mind.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patrick Hp: 14/14 AC: 19

"Eh, ye could be right. One can never be sure when these mystic types ar' concerned."
    He paused for a moment, thinking, then looked back to the man in front of him.
    "I forget mahself," He extends his hand to his listener. "My name be Patrick...Patrick Flannigan. Pleased to meet ye."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel's gloomy expression lightened, and he heartily takes the former stranger's hand in his own, giving it a shake. "Ah! Yes, of course. Nice to meet you, Patrick! I'm Bastiel Perral, and I'm at your service, at least until the oracle sees one of us."

8. - Top - End - #38

Balthazaar Elogian

Balthazaar speaks to the little man in his native tongue:
    Halfling: "Do not apologize, little one, apologies are nothing but a waste of breath."

He shifts himself to find the darkest area possible while staying relativly close to the others he is talking to.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Scrud flinced at Balthazaar's words as if he was about to be struck. It was the mans distinct sinisterness that made him hard to trust just yet. None the less the halfling turned shily back to the woman he had approaced, and in an attempt to make akward conversation managed to spit out "M-my names Ziad. But you can call me Scrud." He blushed as he held out his hand almost childishly so.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground

Basura AC:12 HP:9/9

Basura responds to the comment on her height with a fleeting look of annoyance that returns to her usual composure instantly before she returns “As short as I am I have never met a Halfling who was more than shoulder height to me” and with a slight laugh “The name you may call me is Basura. And it is a pleasure to meet you, I hope.” She states with an exaggeratedly obvious patting of her pouch.
    Turning to Balthazaar [Draconic]: ”I do not dislike the Necromantic arts but rather the fact that so many who follow them practice them on good people”
    In a statement to the general gathering”I hope you are not insulted by my inquiring to the reason that you have traveled to this Oracle, a trip that merits a good purpose and not just a whimsical choice.”

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ziad (Scrud) Sneekyfoot

Ziad's face brightend and his posture relaxed as he let out a small sigh of relief. "Ive alwayse had this ambition... its kind of stupid really, he began to explain to Basura, I dont want to bore you with my story.... His face showed that he was hiding something, more from embarrasment than from dishonesty.
    Last edited by deadpony; 2006-11-21 at 01:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn HP:15/15 AC:19

Caeradwyn arrives at the group just in time to hear the latest inquiry and resonds
    “Ah coome to learn the quickest way that Ah be able too live as loong as an elf,” then after a cautious pause, “And hoow to reclaim my birth right.” Caeradwyn undoes a buckle on his chest and swings his whole bundle one handed to a soft rest on the floor in front of him and sets down casually, still holding the massive coat at his side. “Hoow aboot the rest oof you?”

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel raises an eyebrow at the gathering around the darkly-clad one, frowning slightly. He nods in their direction, speaking to Patrick, "I hope they're not gonna cause any trouble..."

14. - Top - End - #44

Balthazaar Elogian

"Hah, long life. If you want long "life", then I will raise you when after your inevitable fall... I'll be around long after you, anyway."

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I think they not be about ta' cause trouble in a place like this. Besides, I been watchin' them for quite some time now, and all they are doin' is talking. but I'm rather curious as to what they be talkin' about. Wish to join me in findin' out?"

Patrick bent to pick up his pack and waited for his companion's response.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Once again the oak door at the far end of the hall swung open to reveal the white-cloaked man. Without looking around the room this time, he turned to the tall guard and held a whispered conversation, handing him a thin scroll of paper. Then he turned swiftly and left the room as abruptly as he had come. The guard unraveled the scroll, reading it swiftly before rapping the butt of his halberd loudly on the stone floor to silence the hum of conversation buzzing through the hall. In a booming voice he announced:

"By order of the Oracle, the following people will come forward and enter the room to my right," he said, indicating a previously unnoticed door obscured by a large purplish plant with spiky leaves. "Henna Vareel, Patrick Flannigan, Balthazaar Elogian, Bastiel Perral, Delan Moorakish, Hiroshi Hatori, Arielle Perkinson, Knoton Silverwing, Ziad Sneekyfoot, Gabrienne Raisson de Kaventh, Caeradwyn Filiadir, and Jade Kordron." When he was finished, the guard rerolled the parchment and strode into the the room, followed immediately by a tall, black haired woman clad in black with a raven perched upon her shoulder who had been standing near the concealed doorway.
    Last edited by tikitiki1; 2006-11-22 at 12:55 AM.
    Rest peacefully, Grandma. We'll miss you.
    3/13/07

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nodding in agreement, he bent over to start picking up his own things. About to reply, he stopped himself as the door swung open. Straightening back up as the list of names was rattled off, he raised his eyebrows to hear the name of both himself and his new companion being called out. Turning to look at him, he shouldered his equipment. "Fate awaits, my friend!" He then heads towards the indicated door.

18. - Top - End - #48

Balthazaar snorted loudly when his name was called. Before the list of names was even finished, he turned sharply, sending his black clothes flowing. He made his way to the entrance of the tower, and left for a short moment.

When he returned, before all the others had made their way in, he was carrying a large, gnarled stick with 2 knob handles upon his back. Near the top, a long curved leather slip was attached to the stick. He walked quickly and with a purpose through the crowds, not saying a word to anyone, and entered the doorway they were beckoned into.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

As Balthazaar passes the strange plant near the door, it rears up suddenly and snaps at him, trying to reach him with its short razor teeth even though he is several feet out of range
    Last edited by tikitiki1; 2006-11-23 at 12:04 PM.
    3/13/07

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn HP:15/15 AC:19

Caeradwyn replaces the bundle of gear he so recently removed and works through the crowd toward the doorway where he goes through the door and into the following chamber.
    Last edited by Visturon; 2006-11-23 at 03:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patrick Hp: 14/14 AC: 19

Patrick nodded to Bastiel as the list was finshed. He made his way towards the door beside his companion. But the dark one that Patrick had noticed earlier got there first, and Patrick was grateful that he had. As the dark wizard passed the potted plant, it sprang out and attacked him. Had it been anyone else, Patrick would have helped, but he got the worst feelings from the man, and he came to the conclusion that the world would not be harmed too greatly by his passing. As cautiously as he could, he skirted the outside range of the plant and to the door, where even now the half-elven warrior from the dark wizards group was reaching for the door.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton like the rest, gathers his stuff and walks toward the door way, on his way he makes an obvious attempt to avoid contact with anyone.
    Last edited by lvl27FreakShow; 2006-11-23 at 01:25 PM. Reason: edited because of planty thingy removed
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So because she edited her post before i could come up with the actuall movement and tactical speil of the plant heres what we are going to do. The plant does, and never did, exist. you may all go on your mary way and i ask that we just forget this ever happend. (more in the ooc) comence posting
    Last edited by Theeon; 2006-11-23 at 03:25 AM.
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground

Basura AC:12 HP:9/9

Basura stands and once again shoulders her pack before working her way through the crowd to the doorway where she follows those who rushed ahead in going through it.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Ziad was suprised to hear both his and his new companions name called. Although overflowing with exitement, he took his time and waited to see who the other names identified. He made sure got a good look at everyone who moved toward the door, then satisfied with who he was entering with (with the exeption of the dark cloaked wizard) he pulled up his hood and made his way through the door.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Hiroshi Hatori

Surprised to hear his name called so soon, it takes a moment for his body to start moving, but when it does he quietly makes his way over to the door the guard pointed out. He takes his time to avoid being noticed by the nobles present. Just in case someone recognizes him, the last thing he wants to do is cause a scene.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

so as not to confuse people here is the map
    Map
    oh and the big brown thing is a table the yellow are light sources and the ugly things are couches. and here is the legend. I had to use # because you people seem to like to start your names with B's.
    1.--Balthazaar
    2.--Ceadwyn
    3.--Bastiel
    4.--Patrick
    5.--Hiroshi
    6.--Knoton
    7.--Basura
    8.--Ziad

np=npc
    G=guard

This will be the numbering system from now on. Note numbers chosen based on when you were accepted not on favoritism.
    Last edited by Theeon; 2006-11-28 at 08:26 PM.
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

As the last of those whose names had been called trickled into the indicated room, the tall guard entered and shut the door quietly. Wordlessly He turned and surveyed the group gathered in the small room.

"The Oracle has called for every one of you by name. It has been Seen that each of you is destined to play a key role in the fate of the Oracle. Unfortunately, all of you, and therefore your futures, are too weak at this time to See anything more specific than that. In order to fulfill your destinies, you must become stronger so that the Oracle may guide you." He waited for a moment to make sure everyone understood. "Now, if there are no questions, you are free to leave," he said, pointing back toward the door they had just come through.
    Last edited by tikitiki1; 2006-11-27 at 09:43 PM.
    3/13/07

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel blinked twice. "..Wait, what?" Stepping forward - but immediately regretting it, as he felt out of place at the center of attention - he spoke out. "So how are we supposed to get stronger? I mean.. I'm sure I speak for most of us here when I say we're fairly confident in our physical, and mental, prowess...!" He didn't like the thought of having yet more sleepless nights.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patrick HP: 14/14 AC: 19

"I don' git it'. That's it'? We jus' have to be stronger? Tha's nah too hard."
    Patrick looked around the room to see if anyone else shared his sentiments.
    "Soun's like this Oracle person needs more'n than the 'straight from the fiel's" inexperianced people. Makes sense..."