New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Legends

1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Future Legends

Caeradwyn HP:15/15 AC:19

Caeradwyn begins heartily laughing almost hard enough to fall off his stool at the woman’s self-righteous speech before calling out, “Ah doon’t dooght that you be moore skilled than oor rag tag band here but noot by too mooch oor the ooracle wooldn’t have had yoo dismissed like a beggar in the same loot as oos!”. He once more breaks into uproarious laughter, then takes a sip of ale an continues to laugh but at a more civil level.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hiroshi

Hiroshi moves and sits down at the head of the large table with his back to the stairs. He sits patientlly watching the events unfold infront of him.
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Jade whirled on Caeradwyn, but before she could go off on another tangent her pale-haired companion caught her elbow and yanked her back into her seat.

"Jade, we're wasting time. Just ignore them and then we'll go," she said rationally.

Jade grumbled something unpleasant but began whispering again with the now thoroughly bewildered old man. The old man wrote something on a slip of paper and slid it across the table to Jade. Jade frowned slightly and shoved the paper away to the other woman without looking at it. She took it and unfolded it, nodded once, then thanked the old man and pulled Jade out of the tavern, Jade throwing dark looks at everyone she passed.
    Rest peacefully, Grandma. We'll miss you.
    3/13/07

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel watches the women leave, confused as to why they were so unnecessarily hostile. Giving a shrug, he turns to the old man and smiles. "I hope I wasn't... interrupting anything too important?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Halfling in the Playground

Basura AC:12 HP:9/9

Basura stands up and after collecting her mug and the pitcher she walks to the table of the old man and sits down calmly. “I have heard that you might know of some form of work that we might be of use in.”

[ Gather Info check; 1d20+7 =23]
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=783635

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bartimus looks around, a very confused expression on his weather-worn face. "Oh, they're gone..." His eyes seem to unfocus for a moment before he realizes that he is being spoken to. "Oh no, nothing tha' impor'ant. Sorr' 'bout Jade. She ge's a bit fiesty at times. I woul' know, if ya know wha' I mean," he says, nudging Basura and winking tipsily at Bastiel. "But, if'n you be wantin' work, I may be in th' know of some. Bu' I don' give such val'ble in-fer-may-shun out to jes' anyone who asks it of me. I got to make a profit out o' this too ya know," he says, eying Basura's pitcher of ale, then Basura herself. Whatever he saw in the small woman clearly didn't impress him though, because he wrinkled his nose in an almost childlike manner and turned expectantly back to Bastiel.
    Last edited by Theeon; 2006-12-18 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Theeon tried to go over TIki's head
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel grinned widely, sitting in the other now-vacant seat, leaning over to reach into one of his pouches. "I like your style, Mister; forward and to-the-point! I think I have just the remedy for Tight lip-itus, though..." He produces a modest 15 gold pieces and lays them gently before the old man. "A common cure for a common ailment."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patrick

Before Patrick walks over to the table where his friends are gathering, he orders a full pitcher of ale, and carries it over to the table with him and his gear.
    "An' why don' I throw in drinks all-a-roun'? A stomach full a' ale, an' a purse full a' coin. You need nuthin' else. What say you?"
    He then smiled heartily at his companions and the old man.
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...
    http://narutodnd.jconserv.net/index.php

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton turns to the halfling, acknowledges him, then turns back staring toward the wall he says:
    I'm sorry small one, i was deep in thought, trying to anticipate just how the conversation was going to end, I hope I did not come across as rude. I feel very uneasy in a place like this and i was hoping to reassure myself, get my barings and understand the situation.
    He turns to to halfling pats him on the shoulder and smiles shyly
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

The halfling returned the smile. "I dont believe I caught your name," he said with a smile, "and seeing on how it looks like we will be traveling together fo a while, it might be useful information to have. My name (incase your thoughts did not permit you to hear it before) is Ziad, but you can call me Scrud." Ziad finished his statement by giving his new friend a friendly pat on the back, hoping to wake him from any daydreaming he might still be doing.
    If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn stands slightly awkwardly while collecting the empty mugs and with a crooked but still coordinated swagger approaches the table, setting the mugs down and swings his gear to a rest against the end of the table where he stands giving Basura a confidant smile before turning to the old man and adjusting the coat over his arm. “Ah hoope with a fooll purse and stoomach yoo might be ready too help oos oot?”

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Bartimus's eyes gleamed as he took in the offering before him. "Aye, now tha's wha' I'm on abou'." He hastily wiped the coins into his palm and vanished them somewhere in the depths of his cloak. He then helped himself to a mug of ale, from which he drank deeply before divulging. "Now. I gather ye be after th' same type of 'work' what Jade an' Gabrienne be after. Where I sent them may be over th' heads of the likes of you, but I've go' some someplace for ye an'way. There's a dwarven establishment jes' south of here, bu' no one 'as heard a thing from it for nigh on a fortnight. There's suspicion tha' it's been overrun, but by wha' we can't say. More'n likely tis goblins or some other such nasty buggers. But tha' little dwarven camp was gettin' to be a pretty big supplier roun' here and t'would be a great help if you coul' jes mosey on over there and checky it out. It may be tha' it's jes nothin' but it woul' be good to know fer sure." With that, he buried his face in his mug again, guzzling greedily.
    Rest peacefully, Grandma. We'll miss you.
    3/13/07

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton turns to Scrud and states: I'm known as Knoton, and again i apologize, i hope i did not offend.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground

Balthazaar shot a sideways glance over to Ziad for a moment, then gave no further aknowledgement. He was watching and listening to the old drunkard talk about work.

When it appears the man is done speaking, Balthazaar gets up from the bar, and procedes to leave the bar. When he passes by Caeradwyn and any others, he says softly: Looks like we are going south.

He will wait just outside the place, leaning next to the doorframe to be able to listen to any possibley important talk still to come.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel hmm's, not finding anything unusual about dwarves being overrun by goblins; he had never even seen a goblin. "Hmm, sounds like a squabble down there... sounds a good an opportunity as any!" He grins and turns to his new, strange companions that had joined him at the table with the old man. "Without further ado, eh?"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton gets up and follows Balthazaar out of the building.
    When outside he turns to Balthazaar
    Draconic: So we're going to kill goblins.....Atleast we know what we have to do. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to use their their corpses for your experiments.

17. - Top - End - #137

Balthazaar smirks slightly, his mouth barly visable from under the hood's shadow, but it fades again. He talks calmly.
    I always look forward to relieving the curse of life, especially something so wretched as goblins.
    He tilts his head somewhat in Knotten's direction.
    And in the future, don't speak of my (Draconic:)"Experiments" in public.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel turns to whomever of the eight who left the tower together remain inside the tavern. "I suppose we may as well follow Tall, Dark, and Moody's example? I'd still like to know all of your names and what you can do, but I suppose we have plenty of time to get to know one another..." Nodding to Patrick, he heads out.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

"Hey!! Wait up!" Ziad yelled as he scrambled after knoton. He decided he might as well try and stay somewhat in the middle of the crowd. far enough away from danger but close enough not to fall behind.
    If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patrick

Patrick catches Bastiel's nod and returns one of his own. "Thank ye' kindly ser. Tis greatly apprecia'ed." With that and a bow, he shouldered his pack and headed out the door.
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...
    http://narutodnd.jconserv.net/index.php

21. - Top - End - #141

Basura AC:12 HP:9

Basura stands and addresses Vist as she heads to the door "Come on the group is ready to leave so we ought to go about our way." She walks out the door and nodding to those already out there speaks to Knoton "As quiet as you are you are a man of nature and so I ask if you would guide us to this camp."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton turns to Basura "If the others have no objections, i have no problem with that. But if one of them thinks they know better, then let them lead."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Overhearing Basura's and Knoton's conversation, he turns to them with his usual smile, albeit with a more sheepish look than normal. "Well, I for one haven't had the... um... experience of the out of doors all that much... I say this fellow is as good a guide as any... but I don't believe we have your name, Mr...?"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn nods in agreement and heads outside "Let's get oonderway since we all seem ready too goo, lead oon, Knootoon, Ah believe it was.?."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton smiles shyly, then says: It looks like i'm stuck leading the way, lets head out the way we came in, i have to find a friend outside the city, then we can get headed in the right direction, any objections?

26. - Top - End - #146

Lets go already. Just start.

Balthazaar sighs, making his dark cloak expand and contract.

But, no, no objections here.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bartimus

You know if you guys dont get leaving soon some one else might beat you to the cave... or the problem could just get worst.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

(double post i know but it needs to show up)
    Knoton

Knoton walks out of the tavern and heads north to the main city gates (in the opposite direction you need to go) once out side the city he starts making a wierd whistleing sound and waits for the other party members to show up.
    Last edited by Theeon; 2007-01-09 at 11:59 AM.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn follows Knoton closely and watches curiously as he begins his whistling.

30. - Top - End - #150

Basura AC:12 HP:9/9

Basura follows Knotons lead and intently watches the druid as he goes about his business. She wonders if this has to do with animals shes heard follow some people of the wilderness.