Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [OOC] The Restless Dead (and dying)

A Carrion Crown AP brought to you by the boys at paizo. Ok I guess this spot is for rules questions, notification (if real life starts getting in the way of our fun), and such.

Going to link in a few things here and use the next post as a link page to In-Game post that are key to the adventure for easier reference. Just remind me to re-post them before the yearly expiration.

LINKS to STUFF:

In Game thread

Campaign Wiki
    Pathfinder Wiki
    Pathfinder SRD
    My email jakeburker@gmailcom if needed.
    Recruitment Thread

{table=head]Character|Player|Class|Description
    Sig Kindler | Angstrom | Divine Hunter Paladin | Human, aged, Archerdin

Aramon D'Peridot | Burnheart | Shaitan-Blood Sorcerer | Half-Orc, Gish, Aldori Dueling Sword

Vearl Ingsleigh | Gamblerjoe | Crypt-Breaker Alchemist |Human, Skills and Bombs

Tellen Kavinah| Smileybastard | Inquisitor of Gorum | Human, Melee Striker

Guttgrim Grigore | Squirrel Dude | Cleric of Sarenrae |Half-Orc ,Restoration and Day Subdomains[/table]

Everyone please put in a placeholder post for yourselves and use it to keep links, questions, builds, etc.

Big Sixteen
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Pathfinder.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Set in Golarion, specifically Ustalav.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4-5. I will take a few alternates just in case.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

GiantITP Forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1, 0 XP using the Medium XP track.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Take the average starting wealth for your character class or roll. Once you roll you must take the result, you cannot opt for average after the fact.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

No homebrew or 3rd party materials and no Gunslinger.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

No homebrew, "Eastern" races and no 3rd party. Try and use the traditional races but some from the Advanced Races Guide are allowed but no Svirfneblin, Drow, or anything with a fly speed. Also, Aasmiar recieve a -2 Constitution.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Characters will be built using 25 point buy.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

No alignment restrictions but play your alignment accordingly and your character must be able to work within the group without being too disruptive. Evil actions can have legal consequences, plase keep that in mind.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Multi-classing works as per the standard rules.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Players roll for active checks I will roll for everything else.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

2 traits, one of which must be a campaign trait chosen from the above list. Summoner eidolons, Druid/Ranger animal companions, and Cavalier/Samurai mounts all have average hit points for all levels including first, ie they do not recieve max hit points for their first racial HD. Alternatively you may roll their HD but once you roll you cannot go back and take the average.

Summoner eidolons are limited to the number of attacks per round listed on their advancement table even when using manufactured weapons. In other words don't make something with a million arms with multiweapon fighting, I wont allow it.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes, a character background is required. You have been invited to the funeral of your friend Professor Lorrimor in the city of Ustalav. So your background should conclude with your character reaching the city. I also want a physical description of your character as well as a rough outline of their personality.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

All of the above.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

You may use anything from the SRD that isn't flagged as fan made or 3rd party but no Rich Parents trait.
    Last edited by GamerJB; 2013-04-05 at 07:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] The Restless Dead (and dying)

Placeholder for Finding Stuff:

Experience Tracking
    Last edited by GamerJB; 2013-03-28 at 06:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Placeholder Post
    Character Sheet: Guttgrim Grigore
    Updated Character Portrait: He's half-orc, not all orc.
    Spoiler
    Show

Speaking in Sienna
    Thinking in Italics
    Casted spells in Bold
    Spells Prepared in spoiler tag at the top of a post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spells Prepared
    0-Level
    - Enhanced Diplomacy
    - Spark
    - Stabilize

1st Level
    - Domain: Cure Light Wounds
    - Cultural Adapatation
    -
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-26 at 12:51 AM.
    Agenda

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Placeholder Post
    Tellen Kavinah

I am having a tough time finding a picture that captures Tellen well.
    Last edited by Smileybastard; 2013-03-26 at 06:42 AM.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

I broke my arm, so I may be a bit slower!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Placeholder Post
    Sig Kindler

Speaking in Navy.

I don't mean to offend anyone with Sig's slightly racist monitoring of the half-orcs. I figure that's just the most believable way to go about it. For him to know that racist stereotyping of them is unwarranted, but still expect them to be the ones to act poorly as a result of the state of prejudice. It won't be an issue in the campaign, but I want Sig to start out flawed so he has some room for growth.
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2013-03-25 at 09:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Placeholder Post
    Aramon D'Peridot

A very Magenta sort of a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

7. - Top - End - #7

Vearl Ingsleigh

ready to tear it up.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2013-03-25 at 10:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

And that is everyone then. Looks like we have a fine group and great posters from what I have seen so far.

9. - Top - End - #9

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerjoe View Post
    Vearl Ingsleigh

ready to tear it up.
    Good to be playing with you again. Gotta say, your alchemist appears quite different from mine.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I am already greatly enjoying our character's interaction, Angstrom.

Note on my character: If you've read through my posts you may have already noticed that he is pretty hands-on when it comes to character interaction. I gave a bear hug to Lady Kendra, placed a hand on Sig Kender when I knew neither. I've also turned a handshake into a tattoo/scar inspection. If you feel this is too much, and that their character would resist such moments, let me know and I'll tone it down.

@Our Kindly GM: I suspect you changed Kendra's speech color from magenta to light blue because Aramon will be using that color with his speech as well. But please not that light blue, it seriously hurts my eyes to read it.
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-25 at 11:20 PM.
    Agenda

11. - Top - End - #11

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Dude View Post
    I am already greatly enjoying our character's interaction, Angstrom.

He is pretty hands-on when it comes to character interaction. f you feel this is too much, and that their character would resist such moments, let me know and I'll tone it down.
    Same here. Don't worry about the touchy thing. Sig is happy to silently judge such behavior as inappropriate and liable to get Guttgrim in a fight with some agressive locals, and will quietly let such 'youthful exuberance' be.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm assuming that "by the others" you mean the other good-aligned deities of Golarion? I ask OOC because I don't want to devote 3 in-character posts between us to answering this question.
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-26 at 12:17 AM.
    Agenda

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

NP - How's the Royal Blue?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Much better. Thank you.
    Agenda

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post
    Good to be playing with you again. Gotta say, your alchemist appears quite different from mine.
    always nice to see a friendly face i love how diverse the alchemist class is. i was actually thinking about how my character is more compatible with another alchemist than a rogue.

16. - Top - End - #16

im always cool with how people roleplay their character. even negative reactions in game can be just a part of the game and part of the fun.

a while back i was in a game that was a survival horror setting. my character was an arrogant misanthrope. at one point i got into an argument with an npc that almost resulted in an all out fight to the death. he was the toughest thing around and my character gave him flack for not being tough enough to protect his village, whether or not it was true. that is how i felt my character would have acted and the DM did a fabulous job of roleplaying the situation. i felt that it fit perfectly into a game. in a survival horror, its only natural for characters to be at eachothers throats and for emotions to run high, be it a movie or game. it fits the tone, and it causes problems to compound themselves which is kind of how that genre works.

the game fizzled because of rl stuff the dm had to deal with, but after that little "scene" i was more enthralled than ever.

not that i think there will be anything terribly negative in this game, just an example of how bad can be good and how roleplaying is just roleplaying. im not any more of a misanthrope irl than i am a female when playing a female character.

17. - Top - End - #17

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Dude View Post
    I'm assuming that "by the others" you mean the other good-aligned deities of Golarion?
    Quite right.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Knowledge Religion check to identify Tellen as a member of Gorum's Clergy.

(1d20+4)[9]
    Agenda

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Update after I get back from dinner. Just want to see if Veral wanted to respond to Aramon.

One thing I don't like about pbp so far is wondering when it's ok to post. I don't like the feeling of interrupting players who are talking to each other.

Guess I'll learn as I go.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

On the issue of interrupting. Don't worry about it too much. For me, interparty is something of a stalling act. Especially in PnP games, it's there to help give the GM time to reorganize for the next game section. You're kind of waiting for the GM to give you a cue that it's time for the next part of the adventure to begin. It's a bonus when it's enjoyable.

Basically, when you're ready to move the story on, just give me the cue, and I can wrap up my conversation.
    Agenda

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks for the advice Squirrel_Dude.

And sorry Smileybastard but I figured from your description of blood and mud and your character's normal 6-2" 18 STR persona that you probably intimidate without knowing it. LOL

22. - Top - End - #22

lol has anyone seen the episode of The Venture Brothers where Brock, Underbheit, Dr. Venture, and Pete White have to be pallbearers. I picture Vearl as one of the ones who can barely hold up his end.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by GamerJB View Post
    Thanks for the advice Squirrel_Dude.

And sorry Smileybastard but I figured from your description of blood and mud and your character's normal 6-2" 18 STR persona that you probably intimidate without knowing it. LOL
    No need to be sorry, it was perfect.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellen, roll diplomacy to aid another. It can't hurt you.

Now excuse me while I go curse at myself for not quickly using any spells, when I had prepared them for exactly this type of situation.

Still, got one aid another down. And with gamblerjoe suceeding, that's 2 down.
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-28 at 12:19 AM.
    Agenda

25. - Top - End - #25

woot, got it w my -1. gonna need all 4 assists to hit the mark.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Okay so we're at 19, we just need an aid another success from Smileybastard to solve this peacefully.
    Last edited by Burnheart; 2013-03-28 at 03:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

27. - Top - End - #27

Dimpomacy (d20+1)[6]

28. - Top - End - #28

Didn't help either :(

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

It's alright, we only had a 15% chance for all of us to succeed on that aid another check. But someone said the right, so go overeaction go
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-28 at 09:55 AM.
    Agenda

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes congrats all on your first successful "encounter" and don't fret if you wanted to test your characters in combat you'll get more than your share when you finally get to the prison.