Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default The Restless Dead (and dying) - IC

Hello and Welcome players and lurkers all! This game will be starting as soon as I get all the links hammered out and we give credit to the games and their authors/designers.

Act 1: The Haunting of Harrowstone by Micheal Kortes
    Act 2: Trail of the Beast by Richard Pett
    Act 3: Broken Moon by Tim Hitchcock
    Act 4: Wake of the Watcher by Greg A. Vaughan
    Act 5: Ashes of Dawn by Neil Spicer
    Act 6: Shadows of Gallowspire By Brandon Hodge and Jason Bulmahn

LINKS:

Out of Character Thread
    Campagin Wiki
    Pathfinder SRD

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Restless Dead (and dying) - IC

Act 1: The Haunting of Harrowstone

Part 1: The Last Will and Testament of Petros Lorrimor

Spring may be in it's first week but the cold bitter hand of winter tries to hang on as you follow the trail pointed out to you by the locals. The storm from earlier has pasted but the thick gray clouds remain, and everything is still covered in a small thin layer of fresh snow. The dreary day reflects each of your dreary moods as you have not come to Ravengro to celebrate but to mourn.

The weather had almost made you miss the funeral of your late friend Professor Petros Lorrimor, but as it is you are not the only one to reach the cemetery (called The Restlands by the locals) just in time. A few others seem to have just arrived and from their look they are neither locals, common workmen, or soldiers, but like you they are a bit... more than they seem.

Almost as one you approach the gates of the cemetery and the people waiting there with the same caution.

Standing near the gateway is a cart with an ornate and finely crafted black coffin inside. A group of obvious locals stands across the path huddled in a circle talking quietly, and a young woman in her twenties stands near the cart alone.

She appears to have been crying by the redness of the eyes she turns in your direction. Straightening her dress and patting the bun atop her head, she stands before the coffin and cart as you approach and when she sees each of you more clearly through the puffiness of her eyes she almost nods to herself as if she expected you.

"Good day to you," she says in a dry voice that has probably done nothing but cry for some time, it's dryness plain. Swallowing she continues, "My name is Kendra Lorrimor, daughter of Professor Lorrimor. You must be the friends of my late father that I have been expecting. I am glad you received my letters. Now if I could have your names good sirs?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Descriptions of yourselves is a must but you can also describe your trip or anything else you want. Have fun with your Opening post.
    Last edited by GamerJB; 2013-03-26 at 12:54 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sig stops and straightens his back as the cemetery comes in sight. Watching, taking in the scene, he removes his cap to comb his hair back with his fingers. His attempt at grooming, made that morning before leaving the inn, had been spoiled by rushed pace he had needed to arrive on time. Pulling his hands through his long and greying hair, he tugs out a few matted areas before wiping the sweat and oil on his travelling cloak. Were it not for the sorrow on his face, Sig would hardly look the part of respectful mourner; mud-splattered boots and shirt soiled by sweat at the armpits. Ailson always said he looked like a tramp; she used to like it though.

Arriving at the gate, he lets his eyes rest on the coffin. Petros was in there. Too young. Taken too soon. His daughter still needed him. The frown he carries deepens as he turns to the orphaned young woman.

"Not a good day at all, my dear girl, but thank you for saying. Sig Kindler, a friend of your father's. I haven't seen you since you were this tall..."

His words produce small clouds of steam in the chill air; the moisture condensing onto his long and poorly kept beard. Tasting of last night's liquor, his breath is quickly absorbed by the cold. He has removed his hat, which he holds in one of his large hands. Large hands which seems inconsistent at first. Upon closer inspection, tattoos can be seen running up Sig's hands and forearms into the sleeves of his jacket. The symbols and holy worlds of several righteous deities crisscross his skin beneath knots of scar tissue, leaving very little flesh unmarked.

As he talks, his brow remains furrowed. Time's wrinkles bear testament to the life he has lived, and his eyes are sunken beneath bushy brows and heavy bags. Through his conversation with Kendra, he keeps his eyes on hers, never wavering. Once his condolences have been offered, he moves next to the coffin and spends two minutes in silence before his friend. "You will be missed Petros."

Finally, he offers greetings to the other mourners, seemingly all of whom are strangers to him.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spells Prepared
    0-Level
    - Enhanced Diplomacy
    - Spark
    - Stabilize

1st Level
    - Domain: Cure Light Wounds
    - Cultural Adapatation
    -
    Wearing his woolen cloak, flanel shirt and thick boots, Guttgrim walked up to the gates of the restlands. Seeing the fine coffin and the procession, he recognized the crowd as the ceremony for Professor Lorrimor. The poor weather and dirt roads had frustrated his journey to the funeral. He had hoped to appear in his clerical vestments, that he may be dressed appropriately for the occasion. The rain and bad weather had prevented this, as he did not want to ruin his good boots or clothes in the mud. Now he walked with the clothing appropriate for the weather, but not the ceremony, a morningstar and scimitar affixed in his belt, and backpack heavy with equipment slung over his shoulders.

He knew he was underdressed, but he figured that many of the people would probably be upset with his presence anyway. He was a half-orc, so he doubted the varisians here would be particularly pleased with anything he did. He had prepared as well as he could, though. His goddess had given him the spells that could bring him some aid if he faced difficulty. Besides, he could always change before the reception.

Walking towards the young lady, he saw the tears in her eyes. Fearful as he was of task that might be laid before him, he did his best to hide his feelings. With a modest smile he extends his hand and removes his hood, revealing his face. His raised nose, and tusks, and red eyes revealed him to be a half-orc. I'm am Priest Guttgrim Grigore, servant of the Everlight, Sarenrae.

As she meekly extended her hand to greet him, he surprised her, bringing her into a warm hug. It is an honor to meet the family of the man who saved my life and showed me to the faith. I hope that today we can properly celebrate his accomplishments and mourn his passing. Letting her go with a toothy grin and earnest eyes, Guttgrim nodded towards the others approaching, and headed to the group of mourners.

He had little to say to the 'umies, but introduced himself with a smile. Quite a few spoke Varisian around him, but he did his best to engage those that would speak to him in common. He had trouble offering more than trite responses to any who asked something of him, his mind was focused on different tasks. What is the professor going to ask of me? No matter what it is I cannot refuse. Could the man who saved my life ask me to lose it for him now in exchange?

His thoughts were interrupted when he bumped into the man who introduced himself as Sig. He seems troubled beyond simple mourning. Apologizing for the accident, Guttgrim stood next to him and placed his a hand on the mans right shoulder. It is a good man we bury here today. Let us lift our spirits with the joys he gave us in our lives, as he is judged by Pharasma in Purgatory.
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-26 at 02:50 PM.
    Agenda

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Striding gracefully up towards the restlands the dashing and friendly young nobleman from brevoy seems somewhat subdued, pausing briefly to re-colour the white feather in his wide brimmed hat black to better reflect the somber mood and clean the mud off his practical, though also fashionable, clothes before reaching the cemetery threshold.

Once there he follows the local tradition of drawing a spiral over one's heart in honour of Pharasma before turning to face the young lady who spoke a moment ago and giving her a deep bow.

"Aramon D'Peridot, at your service milady" he says to her, his words clear and distinct dispite the small tusks protruding from either side of his mouth. Straightening he gives her a sad smile his grey eyes slightly damp with unshed tears "Your father spoke highly of you, i only wish we were meeting under better circumstances"
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

6. - Top - End - #6

MindFlayer

Standing with crossed arms, eyes lost in the distance, Sig barely notices as the half-orc arrives next to him.

"True, a very good man." Sig turns to face the stranger, straightening up his back but not yet looking Guttgrim in the eyes, he gently slides his shoulder out from under the youth's hand. "I thought I would meet the Lady of Graves before him, that he would be happy here in retirement while I would inevitably return to work. I suppose he was though; happy I mean. I always meant to come. See him and Kendra. Never did though; too caught up in a world of fiction."

Guttgrim is right to suspect Sig's attention is elsewhere; the way his eyes drift back into the distance as he talks makes that perfectly clear. Sig seems to catch himself however, and turns his gaze to the cleric before him. "Sig Kindler. Well met. A friend of Petros' then?"

Sig offers the cleric a hand, which Guttgrim may notice bears a tattoo of a sunburst and dove. And now a second half-orc in attendance. Unusual to see such willingness for conversation from half-orcs, seeing as most men carry some grudge against the sons of Belkzen. As much as any friend of Petros is a friend of his, Sig still keeps an eye on the pair of half-orcs. Being the victims of prejudice can do things to people and it was the least he could do to make sure nothing untoward happens as a result of past wrongs.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Guttgrim is annoyed by the man shaking off his hand without returning the gesture, but he has grown accustomed to people's treatment of him. The memories of the professor bring a smile to Guttgrim's face and a tear to his eye. Not a friend, no. I didn't know him long enough. Only for a few weeks, but I owe him everything. 7 years ago, I was a still a young boy, and I made a grave mistake. Guttgrim slows down, making sure not to say too much. The professor was able to save my life and introduced me to the Healing Light. He put his faith in me, and charged me with somehow returning this favor one day.

Although the smile stays on, his face pales somewhat. Now I am here, and I expect I must pay this debt in some way that I do not yet know. Guttgrim pushes back his fears into the recesses of his mind as he brings his hands to meet the one offered to him by Sig.

But what kind of orc would I be if I let such petty fears stop me from holding true to my word? I am Guttgrim Grigore of Vieland, cleric of Sarenrae. Noticing the symbol on his wrist, Guttgrim shakes Sig's hand and then unceremoniously turns his wrist to get a better look at it. A sunburst? Mr. Kindler, would you happen to also be a servant of the Everlight?
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-26 at 12:53 AM.
    Agenda

8. - Top - End - #8

MindFlayer

"Seven years. Then you saw him more recently than I. Its good to hear he was still helping people after we split ways. He never mentioned you in his letters, but I could be right to assume that was out of respect for you."

Sig smiles beneath his beard at the half-orc's curiosity, allowing his marking to be inspected before taking back his hand. "That could be said. The Dawnflower has been gracious to me as well. Petros brought Her light to you eh? I'm glad to see my amateur missionary work made an actual difference, though I'm curious: did he mention the Others to you as well? "

9. - Top - End - #9

Vearl waits quietly for the rest to finish talking before he speaks. His eyes are focused on Kendra, quickly darting to the ground whenever she looks at him. Eventually there is an awkward silence as the others wait for him to introduce himself.

"Hello, Kendra. Its good to see you again." He can barely look her in the eyes as he speaks. He was never any good at talking to girls, and always felt out of his element around her. To make matters worse, he holds her in the highest regard for her intelligence and for the fact that she is now all that is left of the man he idolized. "Im so sorry to hear about your father. You know how much I respected him." He begins to hold out his hand but quickly withdraws it and begins to scratch the back of his neck.

He is so focused on trying to hide his nervousness that he cant even begin to decide how to address the group of strangers before him.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2013-03-26 at 01:22 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Vearl?" Kendra asks with the slightest of smiles. "Vearl Ingsleigh is that you? Oh I'm so happy you came."

She looks to Aramon and introduces the young man to the half-orc since it looks like he is still the shy boy she knew.

"Aramon D'Peridot this is Veral Insleigh one of my father's favorite students. Or so he said always and often."
    Last edited by GamerJB; 2013-03-26 at 01:40 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"A pleasure to me you sir" Aramon holds out his hand for Vearl to shake while continuing "I'm afraid i only met the late Professor briefly though i do recall him mentioning you favouribly once or twice" he gives Vearl a charming smile that seems ever so slightly odd because of his tusks.
    Last edited by Burnheart; 2013-03-26 at 01:55 AM.
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tellen wanders into the cemetery. He is covered in mud of the road and some blood from a fight that hasn't quite washed off. Most of his gear was lost in his last fight. Someone among the people he protected from the zombies was a thief, but it is no matter. He does not do what he does for appreciation or gain.

He ignores everyone else and walks up to Kendra, his piecing eyes looking into her soul. With a small nod of his head he says simply, "I am Tellen."
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

I broke my arm, so I may be a bit slower!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Guttgrim shakes his head at Sig. No, Professor Lorrimor did not introduce me to those deities. Professor Lorrimor's connection with my faith is more complex than proselytizing. It is a long story, best told in a warmer situation than this.

The short version is that he introduced me to two people. Priestess Celria and the Orc Shaman Xurek. Through her I was able to achieve atonement for my past sins in the Healing Light. Through his teachings I learned more of people and strengthened myself for the road ahead of me. Guttgrim's expression warms as he remembers his foolishness in his first meeting with the Professor. He had been one of the few humans besides his mother who had ever shown him any true kindness.

Guttgrim looks over the crowd, and quickly notices that another one of his kind is here. Taller than he, and wearing little more than garish clothing to go along with a fancy sword. 'e look like a damn 'umie lover, that one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Dude View Post
    Knowledge Religion check to identify Tellen as a member of Gorum's Clergy.

(1d20+4)[9]
    Yeah, I'm just going to assume a good ol' fail on this one.
    Next to him was a human carrying a greatsword. Guttgrim thought he recognized him as some member of a clergy, but he must have been mistaken.

Guttgrim looks back down and refocuses on his discussion with, Sig.It seems like I've been doing all the talking here, Mr. Kindler. Why don't you tell me more about yourself, or the deities you serve. I must also admit I'm a stranger here, and anything you could tell me about the other guests would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-26 at 02:48 PM.
    Agenda

14. - Top - End - #14

After a moment or two Tellen looks towards Kendra and says, "If there is anything I can do you have but to ask. He was a good man."

"May I ask how he passed?"
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

15. - Top - End - #15

Vearl shakes Aramon's hand. "Its a pleasure to meet you. You might say the professor was the reason I entered into my field of study. Its an honor to consider myself a student of his. Over the course of my four years at Leipsdat University he was very generous with his time and knowledge. We became friends, and I became a better person for it."

Vearl looks around seeing many sad faces that reflect his own feelings. As he gets talking he begins to gain a bit of a stride and sheds his nervousness. "Petros was a good man, and his passing was truly unexpected and before his time. He must have touched all of your lives in a profound way, that is the kind of man he was... So how are you holding up Kendra?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tellen notices the slight fear in Kendra's red eyes when he addresses her. The girl was probably just surprised by the size of the man and his sword.

Before she can answer Tellen or Veral's question one of the men from the group of locals moves over and clears his throat.

"Ahrmp, hrmp. Miss Lorrimor, are these the men mentioned in your father's will?" a large dough faced man with three chins asks.

"Yes, yes they are Councilman Hearthmount," she says with certainty.

The councilman gives each of you a quick glance before turning back to the professor's daughter.

"Then perhaps they would consent to be the pallbearers we seem desperately in need of." he says with a look to the small group of mourners. "They seem better suited than the rest of us."

The group can see that the councilman is correct in his assumption. As they scan the group of mourns they see an older stooped man, a short old woman only an inch taller than the thirteen year old boy beside her. The last man is perhaps strong enough (though not by himself), although most of his muscle has gone to fat over the years.

Kendra looks at the mourns along with the group then turns back to them with a little hope on her face. "Please could you help? We cannot take the cart into the cemetery." she says looking to the coffin forlorn.

Spoiler
    Show

If everyone (or at least four of you) consents then the progression into the Restlands will start. Kendra will go first -escorted by a party member if you want only four carrying the coffin. The pallbearers will come next, followed by the group of mourners.

This is a little heads up you can use in your upcoming posts.
    Last edited by GamerJB; 2013-03-26 at 09:56 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Tellen winces at the fear in Kendra's eyes, but when spoken to by Heartmount nods and moves to a position to the left rear of the coffin in preparation to lift the coffin.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking over to Kendra, Guttgrim raises a hand to Sig. Looks like you'll have to tell me more about the others over some drinks another day. Patting Sig on the back, Guttgrim raises his arm and volunteers them. Why of course, Kendra! Mr. Kindler and I would be honored to be the man's pallbearers. Guttgrim heads over to the cart, walking up to the old man. Guttgrim extends his hand to the coffin with a stoic face. Please sir, would you do me this service, that I may bring the dear professor to his final resting place.
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-26 at 10:52 PM.
    Agenda

19. - Top - End - #19

MindFlayer

Sig nods at Guttgrim's eagerness to learn. Least thing he could do for Petros would be to pick up where he left off. "That I will lad."

The youth's quick reaction catches him off guard, but he steps forward without hesitation. Tracing a spiral on his chest, he steps up to the coffin. Sig takes his place and waits for Kendra to begin, smiling through his beard to offer encouragement. The girl was doing so well, being strong for her father.

20. - Top - End - #20

"It would be my honor to help. I must say though, the mention of his will is a bit jarring. Professor Lorrimor does not owe me a thing, in fact I feel that it is quite the other way around." Vearl takes his place at the side of the coffin.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Turning to face the coffin after a brief observation of the other mourners Aramon notices the others have already taken postions around the coffin "Since the others have already volunteered to serve as pallbearers perhaps the lady would like an escort?" he asks Kendra with a slight bow.
    Last edited by Burnheart; 2013-03-27 at 01:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gladly Kendra takes Aramon's arm and moves towards the gates leading into the Restlands. She pauses to draw a spiral before her chest and then with her head held low and sadness on her face, she leads everyone into the old cemetery.

As the procession moves along the Dreamwake, they round a corner onto a path called the Eversleep. Ahead they find that the way ahead is blocked by a dozen surly looking locals. The tallest of these toughs is an elderly but wiry man with his beard shaved to the local fashion. He speaks out as soon as the group is noticed—

“That’s far enough. We been talking, and we don’t want Lorrimor buried in the Restlands. You can take him upriver and bury him there if you want, but he ain’t goin’ in the ground here!”

Kendra is swift to respond, her sadness swiftly transforming into anger.

“What are you talking about?” she cries out. “I arranged it with Father Grimburrow. He’s waiting for us! The grave’s already been...”

“You don’t get it, woman. We won’t have a necromancer buried in the same place as our kin. I suggest you move out while you still can. Folks are pretty upset about this right now.”

Spoiler
    Show

group skill check time: Diplomacy DC 20

I need one person to be the main checker and everyone else who wishes may attempt an aid another(diplomacy) roll. If you wish to try something else "thinking outside the module" you may, but please note that this is time sensitive and there is only a small window (say 1 minute tops) to try anything.

23. - Top - End - #23

MindFlayer

Sig's sunken eyes erupt into fire as the man insults his friend. Ignorance is a common vice in Ustalav, but bringing such allegations against Petros here and now will not stand.

"Folks are upset. Petros Lorrimor was a good man and his only daughter is here to mourn his passing. You can and you will respect her grief. Any questions can be taken to Father Grimburrow."

Spoiler
    Show
    I think Sig and Aramon have the same diplomacy modifier.

(1d20+7)[13] Too bad. Gonna need a lot of Aid Anothers to pass this.
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2013-03-27 at 10:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Guttgrim has no time for this foolishness, and does not mince words when trying to help Sig.

A funeral and a burial is not for the dead, it is for us, the grieving. Let the people here have their piece, and the deceased be judged by Pharasma. Please leave us be, little 'umie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another Diplomacy Check

(1d20+2)[19] That's one aid another
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-27 at 11:49 PM.
    Agenda

25. - Top - End - #25

Tellen shakes his head. "Step aside. This is not the time nor place."
    Last edited by Smileybastard; 2013-03-28 at 12:11 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Vearl seethes with anger at the mans disrespect. He would like nothing more than to put down the coffin and attack the villager, but such would do nothing to honor Petros.

"Sir, calling this man a necromancer is the farthest thing from the truth. His research has made leaps and bounds toward the cause of destroying the foul evils that reanimate the fallen. For all you know he may have been the only thing protecting you from hordes of undead."
    Spoiler
    Show
    aid another (diplomacy): (1d20-1)[16]

27. - Top - End - #27

"You live in a land beset by evil and you seek to battle with a dead man and his daughter? A man who was one who sought to protect you. I have sworn my life to fight the fiends of these lands, do you thing I would carry the coffin of a man who consorts with the legions of undead?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Do you fine people not trust your own priest? He has allowed this, do you think you know better than he the will of the Pharasma?" Aramon asks them in a careful, reasonable tone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid another diplomacy check:
    (1d20+7)[13]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think with this being pbp I will add in my first small house rule.

Posts based off of roll bonus.

This will be a small bonus given to a player when his post and roll coincide. I think players should be reward for creative posting.

Not sure how it all will work out for everything (will learn as we go), but for this I see a post that should bring the DC down by 1 as the locals begin to have a few doubts.

Those men behind the speaker look unsure for a moment, and even the speaker has a look of doubt in his eyes.

Looking past Kendra the obvious farmer notices the men carrying the coffin and more so the weapons they carry and he waves off the others.

Grumbling to himself before leaving he to slips off between the headstones and soon the progression is free to move once more.

+1 trust
    600xp

Gathering her composer Kendra turns to the group and says "Thank you. All of you I don't know what any of that was about."

Sighing she touches her bun before retaking Aramon's arm and starting forward once more.

Without further interruption the progression is able to make it's way to the grave plot and lower the coffin into Professor Lorrimor's final resting place.

Father Grimburrow gives a short sermon in time with the two gravediggers, so by the time he is done so are they. Kendra keeps her sobs quiet as the sermon and burial take place and is asked by the cleric if she wishes to speak. She does try but the pain of her loss (and perhaps what the locals said about her father is still to fresh) chokes out the words.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time for a few PC's to save the day...

Eulogies: Each PC may give an accounting of some time in the past he spent with the professor. Along with the post please make a DC 15 Diplomacy or Perform check - each successful check will add +1 Trust to the groups Trust Score

Good Luck
    Last edited by GamerJB; 2013-03-28 at 06:03 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Guttgrim pondered on whether or not he should speak. A half-orc may be able to use his strengths to influence a Varisian 'umie, but they wouldn't want no one wit orky blood speakin' bout their professor. His lips curled into a thin smile. To hell with em, then.

Guttgrim walked up to the pulpit to say his eulogy. When he was infront of the crowd, he held up his holy symbol of Sarenrae for the people to see. Dear Sarenrae, please aid me in helping these people forget the slanderous remarks made earlier. His symbol glowed as he cast enhanced diplomacy.

Professor Lorrimor was not just a good man, he was a savior to me. As a young boy, I made a mistake and was destined for the gallows. The professor not only saved my life, but made sure I would not return to path of meaningless violence I was headed down then. He showed me to the Everlight and dear Celria, that I may forgive myself and learn to forgive others.

His job not done, he showed me to an Orc Shaman. There I learned what it meant to be an orc, and what it meant to be a half-orc in this country. Do not put any faith into those mens' wild claims about our Professor Lorrimor, put your faith in the truth that he saved a young boy's life. He was more than just a teacher.

Guttgrim suddenly broke into orcish. Li waz a gooj nam, amj li wehh bi nezzij. Rari ivejimqi tlat mot ahh nim ari qruih to tlier lahf-orq brotlirz. {He was a good man, and he will be missed. Rare evidence that not all men are cruel to their half-orc brothers.}

Thank you. Bowing and with tears running down his cheek, Guttgrim stepped down from his podium. He took his place in the crowd next to Sig. Thank you, Petros The crowd had accepted some of his speech, but the random aside into orcish seemed to have alienated many of them as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Check
    (1d20+4)[8] (+2 Charisma +2 competence from spell)

Nope, oh well. At least I didn't waste a spell doing this.
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-03-28 at 04:24 PM.
    Agenda