Default Across Azeroth 3.5 OOC

{table=head]Player|Character|Race|Class
    DrunkenMists|Thuum|Tauren|Orac//Sum
    Draken|Zalsar'jin|Jungle Troll|Tinker//Arc
    Holocron Coder|Daelus|Human|Crus//WC Pala
    Dayaz|Delkuru|Human|FavSoul//Malc
    [/table]

IC Thread

Things you guys need to do: Pick a chat colour (Red and DarkRed are mine as DM :p) and repost any pertinent information from the recruitment thread (backgrounds, houserules in place for your character etc.) over here for reference and stuff.

Sometimes I'll mark spoilers with specific names - these are for specific people so don't go peeking! I could do the entire thing in named spoilers since we're all in different locales, but I'm lazy and I think I can trust you guys not to metagame this. Plus it allows you easier commentary on each other's goings on OOCly. It's a shared sandbox, after all.

You also need to make clear exactly where you'd like to start off so I can set the IC scene for each of you.

Battlemaps will be done by myself in Maptools, then screenshotted, cropped and uploaded. As such I'll need Token pictures for your characters - if you don't provide one I'll just find a semi-matching picture (probably from Dungeons and Dreamboats thread).

IC thread will be up once I write it (which requires you, again, to tell me where you wanna be starting).

I think that's all for now.

Edit: Remember to subscribe to this thread and the IC thread when it's up.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Across Azeroth 3.5 OOC

"Zalsar'jin gonna speak in royal blue, mon."

I shamefully can't really find a good picture.

Zalsar'jin would most likely be around Lordaeron at this time. He deals a lot with the forsaken, and would be based on Tarren Mill or the Sepulcher.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"Delkuru reporting in with all that thur Purple"

I'm in class so I'll find a pic later, and I'm not too sure where Del is atm, gimme an hour or two

EDIT: Either in Burning Steppes, trying to find a Black Dragon to talk too or wandering around Dragonblight in Northrend if that's not to high level a place. And I can't find any good pictures for a low-ish level lock haha
    Last edited by Dayaz; 2013-03-26 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Green is the color of the earthmother.

I think hanging around in Northern Barrens would be fitting'

Thruum SpiritWalker, Tauren Oracle//Summoner
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=537728
    Spoiler
    Show

Backstory: Thruum; even in his youth, was always one to wander endlessly, far from the land of his birth, mulgore. He has led a simple life, and though time has passed long since, he spent quite alot of it lost in long discussions over many a barrel of ale and mead with many races. The faces blur in his mind, but many of the conversations still rattle about now and then. It was during his travels he's learned a form of magic he could call his own. He enjoyed the natural world in many ways; but was more fascinated with the creatures in it; As time went on, he's learned to be able to call them upon times of need, and even to use them to mimic thier strength into a personal protector during his wanders. He's come to respect the power of the sun, and the power of the moon, much in the way a night elf worships elune. He's taught himself, at least he thinks he did, to channel the energies from the astral cycles into healing and other such forms.
    Even for a Tauren, Thruum is exceptionally easygoing and polite; as long as life continues to show him new things, and new places. Seeing war and battle has been an unavoidable sight during his times, but seeing deliberate suffering tend to bring out the darker bull inside.

Eidolon:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=538539
    Spoiler
    Show

Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show

Char:
    Armor: Mithral Shirt 1100 gp
    Weapon: LongSpear 5gp
    Eyes: DeathWatch Eyes (Ultimate Equipment) 2000gp
    Spell Component Pouch 5gp
    Bag of Holding Type 1 2500gp
    • Bedroll 5gp
    • Canteen x2 2gp
    • Chalk 1cp
    • Compass 10gp
    • Cooking Kit 3gp
    • Fishing Kit 5sp
    • Flint and Steel 1gp
    • Gear Maintenance Kit 5gp
    • Silk Rope 10gp
    • Healer's Kit(10uses) 50gp
    • Explorer's Outfit 10gp

Scrolls:
    • 2 Scrolls of Warding Weapon 400gp

Potions:
    • 18 potions of Cure Light Wounds

Trained Riding Kodo 2000gp
    Equipped on Kodo: Exotic Mount Saddle: 36gp

Total Spent: 9042gold, 7silver, 1copper
    Leftover; 957gold, 2silver, 9copper

Last edited by DrunkenMists; 2013-03-27 at 01:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's see what Silver looks like. That too hard for anyone? Can change, if necessary.

As for starting locations, it would depend on timing, but likely he'd want to confront him some undead, either in northern Lordaeron (since he's from Ironforge) or up into Northrend if that's the appropriate time period instead.

Pertinent Information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Daelus Arcturus
    Male Lawful Good Human Crusader // WC Paladin
    Level 5, HP 47+5/47
    Init +2, Speed 35
    AC 22 (+9 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect, -1 Misc), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20
    Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +8
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Base Attack Bonus 5, Mana 110
    +1 Earth breaker +9 ((2d6+5)*1.2, 20/x3)
    Judgement (Usable every 2 rounds) +7 (5d3, --)
    Exorcism (30 mana) +7 (5d6, --)
    Condition None

Background
    Spoiler
    Show

Daelus was raised in a small town in Khaz Modan, near the capital of the Dwarves, Ironforge. Since his family were merchants, Daelus often had the opportunity to visit the capital and speak to the dwarves that lived there. He ended up spending much of his time there with the paladins of the church, learning about the Light and the duty of paladins to protect the peoples of the world from demonic threats. As he grew older, Daelus ended up spending more and more time during their visits to the capital, neglecting the lessons his merchant parents were teaching him in favor of those

One man in particular, a retired paladin by the name of Father Teddris, stood out as a mentor for the young Daelus. Eventually, with his parents grudging agreement, Daelus moved into the barracks in Ironforge and began to train with the paladins. Many years passed and the undead plague passed through the land. When word first reached Ironforge, Daelus was adamant that their chapter of paladins should join in the fight against what was likely a lead into a demonic invasion. The local order disagreed and forbade Daelus from interfering. Angry, but obedient, he listened to his elders and simply kept a distant eye on the events of the north.

One fateful day, Daelus heard the news that a small horde of undead had reached the villages in the foothills below Ironforge. Fearful for his family, he headed to the town where his family was based. Nothing remained but undead. Infuriated, both at the undead and the order that had kept him from acting, he slaughtered the remaining undead, burning them to ash with holy power. As the last fell, he wept, knowing his family was gone. He returned to Ironforge and petitioned the order yet again to move against the undead hordes, now a clear threat to Ironforge.

The council began deliberating. However, before much could be decided, the Prince Arthas turned and betrayed his own mentor. Uther the Lightbringer had fallen, and the Knights of the Silver Hand were disbanded.

Seething with righteous fury over his family, and way of life, having been taken from him, and no longer constrained by the order that had forbade him from acting, Daelus took up his hammer and, with Father Teddris's blessing and encouragement, went to join the fight against the undead menace.

I'll try to get an image that you can use, soon.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

IC Thread is now up. Remember to subscribe.

In addition, tokens!

Left to right: Daelus, Delkuru, Thuum, Zal.

Not really happy with Delkuru's, but finding blonde human evil-looking spellcasters was surprisingly annoying. Either that or I was looking in the wrong place. I was tired at the time.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

More undead than he looks like right now but I like it!

Now I want to see the whole picture, in fact.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    More undead than he looks like right now but I like it!

Now I want to see the whole picture, in fact.
    I actually just searched 'undead troll' on google images and nabbed the first one that looked good. You can see it here.

Rest of them were off Deviantart as I recall, so chances are I couldn't find them again if I tried >_>

9. - Top - End - #9

The portrait for my guy is acceptable I'll let you know if I find anything that you agree is better. But I tend to be busy and forget to look for pictures

Off to the IC!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I like mine plenty ^^ and srry for not being around yesterday I was much grande sick @.@ still feeling a bit under the weather but i can at least sit up and mess with my computer today haha
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Technology, you fickle bitch.

UTD roll for delay malfunction, it looks like. And how long it is delayed in case of success. A 20 on the roll averts the malfunction entirely. DC for this check is 17.

In case of failure, the malfunction is pretty non-threatening. The weapon should just jam.

[/roll]1d20+12[/roll]
    Delays for (1d3)[3] rounds.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Roll failure. Ho ho ho.

(1d20+12)[23]

Crisis temporarily averted. Shot still misses, however.

In retrospect, delay malfunction doesn't do a whole lot for this gun since it doesn't take any special damage from malfunctioning, it just doesn't work, kinda like a normal natural 1, but twice as likely to happen.

Well, can always make it not work in a comical fashion.
    Last edited by Draken; 2013-03-30 at 08:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Does Del at least find someone willing to give him a ride to the bottom of the shrine?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dayaz View Post
    Does Del at least find someone willing to give him a ride to the bottom of the shrine?
    Yes, a red drake will give you a lift back down

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sorry for the Lack of Replies, Offline has been taking my time up.

I'll post later tonight.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[15]

(1d20+4)[17](1d6)[5]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[23](1d6)[2]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

I guess all rolls will be here then? Does make posting easier!

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[11]
    Crit: (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage: (3d6)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

So, just asking since there's a chance Del won't survive this many enemies, what happens if a character dies? Do we just get to roll up a new one or are we out of the game?

19. - Top - End - #19

So, just asking since there's a chance Del won't survive this many enemies, what happens if a character dies? Do we just get to roll up a new one or are we out of the game?
    Er, that's comforting... 'course, I suppose my character should roll some of knowledge to figure out if it's something he can take on or not I kinda assumed that he could, but if I'm that off about power level...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

They're planned to be challenging, but not impossible. I hadn't planned on killing off your characters in the first quest (hell, the first encounter!).

In the unlikely event that the dice utterly hate you, you can roll up a new one though.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Delkuru's mission appears to me that it would have been best approached as a stealth mission (which looking at it, he is utterly incompetent at). His next best choice then is to cast that Disguise self and try to pass for a scourge agent. His bluff is pretty good, at least.

I can't really imagine Daelus having too much trouble since he is quite tanky, does a lot of damage and has self-healing.

For comparison, Zalsar'jin, far as I gathered, isn't really going to meet any kind of noteworthy resistance from his 'trash'. His armor is all but immune to rogues and archers (which it looks like he is fighting), after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Delkuru's mission appears to me that it would have been best approached as a stealth mission (which looking at it, he is utterly incompetent at). His next best choice then is to cast that Disguise self and try to pass for a scourge agent. His bluff is pretty good, at least.
    Possibly! I don't advise diving into the main excavation, I'll say that much

For comparison, Zalsar'jin, far as I gathered, isn't really going to meet any kind of noteworthy resistance from his 'trash'. His armor is all but immune to rogues and archers (which it looks like he is fighting), after all.
    They might surprise you

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Amnestic View Post
    They're planned to be challenging, but not impossible. I hadn't planned on killing off your characters in the first quest (hell, the first encounter!).

In the unlikely event that the dice utterly hate you, you can roll up a new one though.
    I think I can do with challenging. The amount of healing the paladin can pull off can be fun, especially with being somewhat hard to hit and the damage output... plus access to Stone Power and Steely Resolve 10 to essentially have DR 10/- and DR 2/- for the encounter... Might be slow, but should happen

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I didn't think they were, but he is kind of sitting on an abysmal 15 hp because I had terribad rolls and I suck at point buy. I have some buffs I could cast and a few healing spells, but I figured I'd ask.

And thank you for the Disguise Self idea, Draken <3

Post will hopefully be up in the morning.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

just so everyone knows, i'm semi-vanished this weekend because it's my last week at my job and i have a history quiz to study for, a math quiz and 6 sections of math homework, and i have to find 4 sources for my English research paper and annotate them all by Tuesday.

On Tuesday, or Wednesday if my brains have melted out of my head, I will be back and mostly going strong, so I thank you for your patience.

26. - Top - End - #26

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post
    So...

Wassup?
    Sorry, I'm still here. I've had a weird past...week where my sleep pattern is just not there so I haven't really been on-the-ball enough to really get my creative juices flowing. I'll try to get something up later today.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[12](1d6)[1]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[16](1d6)[3]

(1d20+4)[17](1d6)[1]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[12](1d6)[3]

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Amnestic View Post
    Sorry, I'm still here. I've had a weird past...week where my sleep pattern is just not there so I haven't really been on-the-ball enough to really get my creative juices flowing. I'll try to get something up later today.
    That's cool. Just wanted to check in since it had been quiet a while.

Now off the IC! -goes!-

30. - Top - End - #30

Spoiler
    Show

Rolling for Crusader Maneuvers

1 - Crusader's Strike
    2 - Stone Bones
    3 - Charging Minotaur
    4 - Leading the Attack
    5 - Forehammer
    6 - Mountain Hammer
    7 - White Raven Tactics

(5d7)[2][2][6][7][1](18) First non-repeating 3.
    Stone Bones
    Mountain Hammer
    White Raven Tactics

Neat.