Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark

1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Dark

Astrid:

Connor looks slowly behind Astrid and his grip tightens,

"..... there's a man following you ....."
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-04-08 at 08:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nya's mention that the police were hear asking for her confused Alana a bit. She hadn't done anything illegal, and since her network wasn't up yet, she hadn't called them yet. Still, she was curious as to why they were here.

"Nya, have they given the reason for their visit?", said Alana as she scoured through her closet for something better than the t-shirt and shorts she had on.

Having selected a better shirt, blues jeans and sneakers, Alana headed to her bathroom.

"Well, might as well make sure they are straight forward with me.", she said as she changed. Code was created and executed instantly. The familiar magenta lines dashed from her core towards her neck, ending on her head. Neural pathways were rejiggered as she finished prepping up.

Spoiler
    Show

-Falsehood Detection Protocol
    Power: Detect(Lies), Acute, Analytical, Accurate- 4 Ranks- 4TP

-Neural Firewall
    Power: Enhanced Trait(Will)- 1 Rank- 1TP

25/ 30 TP

Tech Roll
    (1d20+20)[38]

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"What's a warrior without weapons, eh?"
    "A warrior still!"
    —Quickstrike totally underestimates Dinobot.

"Face it, Dinobot! You're old technology, obsolete. What could you possibly do?"
    "Improvise."
    —Megatron is about to find out that Dinobot has one more trick up his sleeve.

Dinobot: Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the good and the bad, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Eldain was about to respond to the doorman, when the police intervened. Biting back his annoyance, he gave a polite smile and answered their questions briskly. "My name is Eldain Owlheart, also called Phase Knight. I'm a registered superhero working for SHIELD." He called his wallet to hand, and withdrew his Security Clearance Badge for their perusal. "My sister was kidnapped earlier today, as best as my current information can tell me, by someone named Vessler. Mr. Shepard is an old associate of my father's, to whom my father previously lent a device that I need to help me discover her whereabouts."

He glanced at the doorman, meeting his gaze for about a second, before turning back to the police and saying, "As I'm sure you understand, time is of the essence here. I would appreciate whatever assistance you can give me in my investigation. I understand, however, that you have your own problems to attend to tonight, though, so I assume the best way we can all help each other currently is to let one another conduct our respective business unimpeded. Agreed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    And just in case, routine checks (total 20) on Expertise: Law and Expertise: Government to see what I know about whether or not they actually can legally cite me for loitering, and to see where SHIELD ranks compared to local law enforcement in terms of jurisdictional hierarchy.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

"Okay, lets go." she says in an almost panicked voice. She moves through the station, hoping to loose him. Homing in on where there is large groups of people.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not to sure what to roll here but I'll let the GM take care of that.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It feels...weird, Noah began as he felt his breath fog up around him. He didn't think he'd ever truly get accustomed to it. The coolness of the air, and the freedom of it all. There looking down whilst soaring high above the sky, like a star in the night, his war torn city looked so peaceful; so beautiful. It was moments like these, starring down at his city; that he truly felt it was worth it. All the secrets, the arguments, all the pain, and the fighting, and the sleepless nights, the unkind words, hard work and fears. All of it just seemed so worth it when he witnessed things like this; lay of the land around him, as beautiful as an artisans beloved painting, but one of his many rewards of his unsung task.

What troubles you Noah? he felt the spark with him him inquire, almost seeing the majestic creature raising it's head from its rest and staring at him curiously within himself.

The young champion viewed the twinkling lights below, artificial and spiritual nearly indistinguishable from those height; blending into one another like a swirling color pallet, yet each shone with a brilliance all its own. Alas that aura he'd spotted earlier still ominously hung over the island city; staining the picturesque view with it's darkening haze. [COLOR="Red"]Being out and about like this I suppose,[/COLOR] he breathed out, it amused him how the night air seemed to duel with his heated breath at times, as he looked for it whatever it might be, for so many specters to have begun to gather...he was certain something was going to act out tonight.

A year ago we'd still be scurrying around the alleys trying to keep warm while looking for the ghoul of the week, without getting cops on my case, he mused softly, turning his head westward as he felt something in the air stir.

Yet now we soar openly beneath Luna's soft embrace within her starry night. Certainly a more befitting arrangement than hiding like mice, he humored good naturedly as the ill wind started to blow around them, Though I must ask once more, are you certain of this choice? The old man may have only approved due to dreams of yester year and his flights of fancy; however, know that this is not our duty. This is something you need-not do, reminded Leo, Noah sensing something odd within the beast's timbre.

I know...but It's something I ne, no, something I want to do, he corrected himself, having learned that lesson quite well from Leo. He could feel him quietly waiting for him to continue, fierce eyes locked on him. We've done a lot of good and we've helped a lot of people, we could probably keep doing what we've always done; but unless we can truly help things out there in the Light, we're just going to keep fighting the symptoms. With the Avenger's gone, and so many other heroes recovering from the registration fiasco or busy with bigger issues... the world needs all the help it can get, he awkwardly explained as the symphony of sirens began to sing their tender melodies of panic and mayhem, slowly weaving their songs into the fading dreams of those who lived below.

This is not a door that will close once opened. The world today has changed greatly from the past even in so short a time. The last time you acted was in the heat of the moment, Emily was endangered yes; but few saw you. Rumors have spread yes; but they may fade as well. Act now and you accept a burden not your own; once you cross into the Light, you will never be truly forgotten. Your peace will be theirs, and your life forfeit to them; but their joy shall be your own, and your victories theirs. This is your last chance fade back in to the mist and continue our duties in peace. elaborated Leo in a grave tone, he could feel his hairs standing on end and his pulse quickening in response even as he watched the dozens of glimmering red and blue lights funnel the down the veins of Manhattan slowly gathering towards the grand central area. "So I ask one final time; is this truly the path you wish to walk young Noah?"

The young man stayed silent for a moment as he turned his gaze heavenwards and took in the chilling night air in a slow breath, holding it for a few heartbeats before releasing it back out in a long scalding breath. "Yeah; I am," he declared, as he clenched his fists and readied himself for the next big step in his life. So be it young Noah, rumbled Leo as he stood at attention, We have much work ahead of us; go forth, and never look back! with that final roar Noah darted towards Grand Central, giving chase to the police cruise from high above, and hopefully the source of the ill-will spreading in the area. With any luck he might be able to track down the source of the commotion unseen
    Last edited by Regalus; 2013-05-02 at 08:49 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

6. - Top - End - #96

Inspired:

Nya responds,

No, just that it's an emergency, ma'am? I'll let them know you'll be with them directly."

Alana hears the maid's footsteps scamper down the hallway ....

Phase Knight:

One of the cops eyes Phase Knight suspiciously and keys the radio mic on his jacket collar,

"Dispatch, this is Level One, 10-84. Possible 10-50 claiming S.H.I.E.L.D. credentials, first: echo-lima-delta-alpha-indigo-november, last, oscar-whiskey-lima-hotel-echo-alpha-romeo-tango - copy?"

A female voice confirms transmission and there's a pause - the cop keeps his eyes on Phase Knight, while the other officer places his hand on his holstered handgun .....

The female voice clicks back across the mics,

"Level One, 10-77."

The cop releases his mic,

"I apologize, Mister Owlheart. Anything we can do to help your investigation, we've been ordered to do. But, right now, we have our own matter to resolve with the Smiths. Please, accompany us inside ...."

The two cops go inside the home, which is very regal and inviting. Everything seems golden and new. Walking to the end of the short foyer, they enter a wide lobby area, where the other two officers are waiting.

Astrid:

Moving into a crowd of about twenty strangers, who are huddled near a ticket station, Astrid finds some limited concealment, although most of the people seem preoccupied with smart-phones. If she looks around, Astrid will see 30 or so people walking around the station, talking, reading or taking calls. She also notices an older African-American man in catholic priest attire staring at her from about 40' feet behind her.

As her hand begins to nearly go numb, Astrid realizes Connor has a death-grip on it - the boy is physically-shaking as he stares down at his shoes .....

Nova Leo:

Closing on Penn station, the shining champion sees an amazing display of flashing police lights. Red, white, and blue lights flash and circle the night time streets of Park Avenue as an army of cops dash around the area, clearing pedestrians! There must be at least 50 police cruisers parked around the terminal and well over 100 officers scouting the streets!

Two police helicopters with search-lights buzz the area, panning the surrounding streets and alleyways for signs of the escaped felons. Several news media helos try to get over the police zone, but the police helicopters make sweeps in their path, blocking access, so most of the media aircraft settle for hovering a few blocks distance.

Other than police cruisers and S.W.A.T. vehicles, Park Avenue and surrounding areas look free of pedestrian traffic. NYPD is doing their job, as usual - all except for a large transfer trailer truck bearing the "USMart" logo. The big eighteen-wheeler rig is trying to move south on Park Avenue and is blocked occasionally by police vehicles. A verbal dispute between the driver and police officers is in progress as cops try to wave the rig into the next lane - the driver's clearly frustrated!

Last edited by buddy; 2013-04-09 at 04:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

"What's wrong? Connor talk to me."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"Much appreciated officer," Eldain said as he followed them in. If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to let me know. I'm hoping to have my sister home and safe in somewhere under fifteen minutes," he added with a confident grin, privately hoping that such optimism was warranted. "And if my phone's constant beeping is anything to go by, something serious seems to be going down tonight, so as soon as her safety is assured, I will be at your disposal."

Yeah, it might mean cutting his prep time out of the evening's schedule, but he'd deal with that if it became an issue. Some things were more important than meetings.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

9. - Top - End - #99

Astrid:

Connor's entire body shakes violently as he stares downward and a small line of drool falls from his lips,

"...... he's coming ....."

with that, he vanishes and Astrid is left clenching air!

Her head explodes and Astrid sees a flaming figure of a man stalking towards her! The figure screams her name over and over as it stumbles forward, then the flames turn to blood, washing across the floor of the train terminal!

Spoiler
    Show

The Burning Man is a mental image.
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-04-09 at 06:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Once finished her preparations, Alana headed towards the Lobby. Upon arrival she noticed the 4 police officers and the young super. This certainly aroused her curiosity.

"Well, this is an interesting group. I am Alana Shepard. What can i do for you gentlemen?"

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"A warrior still!"

"Face it, Dinobot! You're old technology, obsolete. What could you possibly do?"
    "Improvise."

Dinobot: Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the good and the bad, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.

11. - Top - End - #101

Astrid & Inspired:

The cops step somewhat back a bit and all of them speak in unison (!),

"You can come with us."

The officers' eyes glow red with crackling energy ......

Spoiler
    Show

PK acts first, then Inspired, and finally, your "cop" foes;
    Cops Initiative: 1d20+5=8
    PK Initiative: 1d20+8=23
    Inspired Initiative: 1d20+4=15

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Leo quietly scans the area; hopping to find some sign of the apparent escapees, if only by the mix of paranoia, aggression and the thrill of the escape in their aura. If these people were causing that much of a commotion, their emotions should be shinning like a beacon in the night; thankfully the lack of property damage was a good sign. If they could get to them before they started wrecking things, this might go smoother.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Eldain's reaction was instantaneous. He pulled his visor down, extending it into a helmet, and vanished from his position, blinking back and forth between the two androids furthest to the left to hammer them with his mind blade.

In between attacks, basically appearing, striking, saying a word, and vanishing again, he called to Alana, "Evil. Androids. Attacked. Before. You fight?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Change Psionic Focus Array to Phase Strike.
    Move Action: Teleport adjacent to the two droids furthest left.
    Standard Action: Phase Strike, taking a -2 penalty to the attack roll to attack both with Multiattack. This attack does not receive the normal Multiattack damage bonus, and crits on a total result of 25+. Toughness DC 25.
    Droid 1: (1d20+8)[18]
    Droid 2: (1d20+8)[25]

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

It was confusing at first. Was it one of her dreams again? No, it was much more familiar, psychic intrusion. Something she knew how to handle. Her mental defenses went up and she focused her mind, then looked around for the stalker.

"Connor," she whispered, "Keep yourself safe and follow me if you can. Don't be afraid, they won't hurt us."

Spoiler
    Show

Focused Mind
    (1d20+13)[30] perception
    tower of iron will
    Will = 15

Last edited by shugyosha; 2013-04-09 at 08:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Nova Leo:

From above GST, Nova Leo spies two figures that crawl out onto the roof of the great train terminal, both in red jumpsuits: a Caucasian male, just under 6', medium build, brown hair, and a female, just shorter than the male, Caucasian, well-built, short-cut red hair ..... a police helicopter scans across them then fixes on the two scrambling figures high above Park Avenue ....

the helicopter PA rings out,

"Surrender yourselves! Lie face-down and await New York police forces! Any other actions will be met with deadly force! You are surrounded - submit to this order!"

While they stand, staring at the helo, the two escapees look at each other and back at the helo, seemingly unsure of their next action .....

Phase Knight:

Phase Knight's twin attacks strike home! The first blow draws dark-red fluid from the target and the cop falls to the ground, laying still!

The second attack slashes across the cop's chest and face, driving him back as sparks fly from his physique! The cop shudders and falls to one knee, then collapses to its face, inert!

Astrid:

Astrid moves forward, her best action, as the terminal crowd shifts around her at random .......

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After hearing the young super say that they were androids, Alana jumped with glee internally. This was one time she was glad she hadn't gone public with her abilities. If these people thought that they could use technology to get at her, well they had another thing coming.

"Keep'em busy but don't wreck them! BRB!", said the girl as she headed out of sight.

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"A warrior still!"

"Improvise."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

She continues cautiously through the crowd toward the correct platform. Who ever was following her must be psychicly hidden like that woman, she thought. "Connor, if you can help me, it would be good. Tell me where he is and what he looks like..."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nova Leo watches the events unfold quietly; readying himself to strike the two down if they tried anything funny. Though it seemed as if all might go well, maybe they would see the light and he would not be needed tonight.

Spoiler
    Show

So yeah, readying and action to blast'em if they try anything funny. For now, he's just observing.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Phase Knight:

The two "cops" still standing watch Alana flee the area, then turn to Phase Knight! One turns and runs after the woman, while the other's eyes glow red with crackling energy .....

Spoiler
    Show

Feint (1d20)[8]
    PK's Insight (1d20+5)[17]

Astrid:

Connor responds,

"He looks like ....... fire ....."

The priest walks towards Astrid from across the station as the Public Announcement system calls out the train to Manhattan .......

Nova Leo:

The male felon on the roof of GST moves very quickly - grabbing the female and dashing out of the spotlights! When they find them again, they're on the rooftop across the street, running for the far edge!

Nova Leo hears a loud, vibrating explosion! Down below, where the USMart truck is, the back doors have been smashed from their closed position and two tall, well-built men dressed in red prison outfits emerge from the long cab! Police gunfire erupts on the street as officers look to take-down the assailants, but the duo walks through the hail of bullets!

20. - Top - End - #110

Spoiler
    Show

Phase Knight is up.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Phase Knight could admit it, he was curious. Kinda went against his instincts to fight for containment rather than victory, but he was up to it.

"Stick around, man!" he called to the robot chasing his new ally, attempting to teleport him back onto this side of the battle - in fact, aiming for five feet above the other cop's head. Teleporting an unwilling and moving target wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but he'd concentrate his efforts on it.

Spoiler
    Show
    If necessary, Move action to teleport so I can see the chasing robot.
    Free Action: Change Psionic Focus Array to Targeted Teleportation.
    Standard Action: Targeted Teleport on the chasing robot. Attack check: (1d20+14)[28]. Will DC 16 to resist (not mind-affecting). This attack has Multiattack, and crits on a natural 20 (total result of 34).

If I do not have to take a Move action to target, I'll spend the extra Move action to make this an Extended teleport. No change to where I send him, but it results in the target being Dazed and Vulnerable for one round if the teleport succeeds.

Effects of him appearing five feet above the other robot's head are left entirely to GM discretion.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

22. - Top - End - #112

Astrid:

As the priest gets within 10' of Astrid, she gets a strong psychic impression from him - he wants the boy. He also seems to be a powerful psi - more powerful than Astrid. The priest looks around, then at Astrid,

"Give me the boy and you just might make your train ...."

Phase Knight:

Spoiler
    Show

Teleport attack target's check
    (1d20+8)[27]

While focused on the other droid, Phase Knight is attacked by his first droid he thought was downed & the third! Streaks of scarlet force cut through the air at the hero!

Spoiler
    Show

Droid beam attacks
    (1d20+8)[24]
    (1d20+8)[13]
    DC20 Will check for hits

Nova Leo:

The police helicopters veer away from the rooftop felons and come to hover over the USMart truck, where two more large felons emerged from! The felons, dressed in Ryker's trademark red jumpsuits, each grab a side of the large truck, then toss it in the air at the police officers! One of the escapees is a Caucasian male, blonde hair, massive build, and the other looks African-American, male, same kind of over-developed musculature!

The two felons seem to be laughing ....! Both men seem connected right wrist-to-right wrist by a 5' metallic cord ....

Spoiler
    Show

Toss
    (1d20+3)[10]
    If it misses, the huge rig slides into a nearby series of stores, causing a massive explosion that sends the police scattering for cover!
    If it hits, several police officers are seriously wounded as the rig smashes into them!
    Nova Leo can act as the rig sails through the air ......
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-04-11 at 06:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Spoiler
    Show

PK misses the droid pursuing Alana. The two attackers miss as well.

Inspired:

As she makes it to her destination, Inspired hears footsteps approaching at a very-fast pace ......
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-04-12 at 08:17 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

Her mind was racing. This was the man chasing her. It didn't seem right. It didn't make sense.

There were too many by standers but she didn't have much of a choice. "Conner, don't be scared..." she whispered to no one. Then in her mind "Combat mode zero" Her clothes shimmered away revealing a silver mesh armor.

"HELP!" she screamed then pushed the priest away with all her might.

Spoiler
    Show

armor goes to close combat. Tower of Iron Will up.
    (1d20+6)[23] to hit (mostly pushing away) DC 27

So far I really like what's going on. The more I don't know the more fun when I find out.
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2013-04-12 at 01:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Noah has his attention wrenched away from the fleeing duo just as he was about to give chase, by the serenade of gun fire that rang out from the street below him. He studied the pair for a moment, their boons quite apparent after their display of force; though once he spotted them lifting the truck he flew to action, a short curse escaping his lips as he flew into position.

With Leo guiding him he raised his arm angled from above and called his inner flames to surge forth, releasing a mighty cry as a mighty pillar of golden flames light up the streets for the briefest of moments with the suns radiance. The tower of flames knocking the truck away a safe distance from the civilians and buildings, before engulfing a large portion of the street before him where the pair of escaped convicts stood. When the flames vanished not a blade of grass was singed, yet the pair which dared to threaten the lives of those around them were not as fortunate.

Noah flew in place confidently, his form a glow like dim star as he waft from him in the cool night air in the wake of his attack; the young champion keeping his arm in place aimed towards the offending pair, his presence now revealed to all but the blind. Noah glance at the gathered officers and civilians to see how they were fairing, "Is everyone alright?" he inquired to the officers, Leo's voice rumbling from his frame, before turning his focus back to the escapees.

"You who would dare to harm this city and the good people who live within it; surrender now, and submit yourselfs peacefully to the authorities. Otherwise be subdued by force, the choice is yours to make," he proclaimed confidently, his posture ready to battle.

Spoiler
    Show

Solar Flare: Selective 60ft cone
    Damage rank 10, DC25 Dodge check for half damage.

I'm guessing I should roll for Initiative just in case these two decide not to take his offer. (1d20+5)[19]
    Last edited by Regalus; 2013-04-12 at 12:27 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Astrid:

Catching the priest off-guard with her sudden maneuver, Astrid pushes the creep back! this draws the attention of everyone inside the terminal, but most the people just stare ..... except Transit Security. An officer was standing next to the metal detector checkpoint talking with a citizen, but now the uniformed and armed agent begins walking briskly towards Astrid.

The priest appears surprised by Astrid's sudden transformation and the push, stumbling back a step,

"Who are you!?!"

Spoiler
    Show

[IMG][/IMG]

Nova Leo:

An incandescent blast of light catches the truck trailer in mid-flight, blowing it in half with a loud explosion! The two sections, rather than crashing into the line of squad cars and officers down the block, instead hit the ground and spin to stop - just yards away from the gauntlet!

Nearly lighting-up the entire block next to GST, Nova Leo is met by a mix of stares and guns pointed in his direction! The police are on edge at first, but lower their weapons when the hero expresses concern for public safety. An officer walks to Nova Leo, squints his eyes against the sudden brilliance radiating from the hero's form, then points at the escapees,

"Not sure who you are, pal, but your timing is outstanding! Hammer and Anvil must 'a been hiding in the truck - trying to slip away! Our heavy artillery is 30 seconds out ...... you think you can handle those guys 'til then?"

Seeing the blast and the severed trailer, the two muscle-bound thugs stop laughing and turn to look at Nova Leo,

"Is that Captain Marvel, or, the Torch?"

"Dat 'aint either one of 'dem smucks. That, my friend, is a dead man!"

Hammer and Anvil, still connected by the 5' metallic cord, begin walking towards Nova Leo ......

Spoiler
    Show

Phase Knight:

The droid attacks just miss Phase Knight as the hero evades piercing bolts of energy at the last moment! His target for "relocation" avoided the attack, moving faster than Phase Knight had anticipated! Now, he faced two "cops", while the third, which had been felled, now starts to get up,

"You cannot evade us forever, mutant. Submit or be neutralized!"

Spoiler
    Show

Inspired:

The door is kicked-open! One of the "cops" stands in the door frame glaring in the room,

"The Dark is upon you, Alana. Do not fight what cannot be overcome."

Spoiler
    Show

Inspired has the 1st action.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I'll do what I can to keep'em busy until the cavalry arrives," he replied, sighing a little when the pair seemed to have decided to be difficult. Though their taunt was a bit too on-the-nose for his tastes.

"Close but not quite. I'm just a guy trying to do the right thing; you boys should try it sometime," he quipped as he flew up 15ft into the air before releasing another torrent of brilliant flames after moving 20ft forward. He had to play this safe, if he could keep the pair put for a bit all would be well.

Spoiler
    Show

Moved to a more tactical position

Solar Flare: Damage 10
    Hammer and Anvil must make a DC25 dodge check to resist.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Phase Knight only smirked, standing ready before the three androids. "You think so eh? Well, let's see you hit me then!" He challenged, prepared to meet their assault. Any attacks upon him he would respond to by teleporting projectiles back at them, or opening short-lived portals that melee blows would pass through to strike them back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Change Psionic Focus Array to Phase Block.
    Standard Action: Defend using Phase Block. Total DC required to hit Phase Knight becomes (1d10+25)[29] until next turn. Any attacks that miss Phase Knight are Reflected back at the attacker with a +10 attack bonus for their normal damage (suggesting GM roll reflected attacks for speed of play).

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

29. - Top - End - #119

Nova Leo:

Both hoods drop to the ground as Nova Leo unleashes another blast! The wide-angle flame burst engulfs the area around Hammer and Anvil ......

Spoiler
    Show

Both made the check, which is DC20, since it's an Area attack.
    The damage is cut from 10 to 5 and both are Impervious to that rank.

..... as smoke and the smell of burning asphalt rises upward from the blast zone, the two crooks stand, the tops of their jumpsuits burnt away! The villains themselves seem uninjured and look up at Nova Leo,

"Now you done gone too far. You burnt our favorite suits!"

They make an amazing leap, in tandem, up towards Nova Leo, attempting to catch him mid-air ....!

Spoiler
    Show

Two misses! NL is up ...

Nova Leo, far more maneuverable than the twin ogres, flies out of the way as the thugs grasp at thin air and drop back down to the ground,

"Blast it! Why is it the superheroes can always fly!?!"

Phase Knight:

The droids, all three of them, discharge a flurry of energy bolts at Phase Knight,

"As you wish, Dr. Owlheart!"

Spoiler
    Show

PK's being attacked from three directions, so the multiple attacks constitute one Area attack. Deflect doesn't work on Area-based attacks, so PK would need to make a DC18 Dodge check. Success requires a DC14 Fortitude check, failure bumps the DC to 18;

success! now the DC14 Fortitude check;

Success! PK feels woozy, but it passes quickly & he's up ...

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Those suits were surprisingly fragile,
    Indeed, though I believe they were designed to withstand tearring; not incineration by divine flame,
    Point! Though this does upon up new options for us,

"Had you surrendered neither of you would have been subjected to the loss; I remind you you yet have time to do so, before you suffer anymore," he commented as he avoided his nude assailants, " The heavens grant wings to those who shepherd their flock," he quipped before launching a bolt of wild flames at hammer.

Spoiler
    Show

Purging Pyre:Damage 10
    (1d20+10)[11]
    On a successful hit thr golden flames cling to their target, who must resist the damage of the attack again on the next round.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2013-04-13 at 12:37 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show