New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "...yeah. We just want to be friends," Jamie says, although she does look slightly crossly at her other friends for trying to pull Sasha's hood down. That was mean! =|
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    It was quite mean. They even pressed the point after displaying a clear inclination for it not to be pressed. The shadows relax slightly, but little girl remains hunkered down for now.

"Omega."
    "Friends?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Friends are people who like each other and help each other, if I remember correctly."
    The little ghost gives Jamie a sheepish smile. "Mhmm! Friends are those whom you trust and can be with."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

"We're friends," Jamie declares, offering what she hopes is a reassuring smile. "And, teasing aside, we'd like to be your friend, too. Friends do things together, they help each other, and they stand up for each other."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magtok scowls, rising from his seat as he peers down at the sopping mess that has become of his robe. Such a wretched, disgusting little monster, that Marciano.

"Check, please. And a dry washcloth, if you can spare one."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok scowls, rising from his seat as he peers down at the sopping mess that has become of his robe. Such a wretched, disgusting little monster, that Marciano.

He presses the logo, and he's gone, but not without raising his middle finger and attempting to spit in Magtok's eye.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-04-07 at 08:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125

Naku heads back over to the table with a sigh, "I'm sorry for his behavior. Have a towel, the drink's on the house." With that, she offers Magtok a small towel.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    A tiny stuff animal in a golden armor.

"True. I think my example was totally missing your point. I still think positiv about my future. I have survived for some time now and I don't see anything that will break me."

Actually everything can break him in physical terms. Beeing only a few inch tal is very dangerouse in the Nexus.
    Aiden listens, looking towards the spat between Magtok and Marciano for a moment. He sips his soda before replying to the stuffed animal. "Maybe, but there aren't many who share that view."

7. - Top - End - #127

"No no, it's fine, I was expecting worse. You don't go from plotting the enslavement of all mankind and then just turn right around to being anything other than terrible without some middle stage first, and it's been way too soon for any sort of a transition to even begin to happen."

Magtok, the only reason you ordered anything was because you were expecting to have to make an impromptu fire, which you then did. I don't think it's fair of you to be claiming any sort of etiquette-based high ground here. Anyways, the cyborg dries himself off and refuses the drink. Honestly, he's surprised he's even welcome in here, given what happened the last time a Magtok was in a tavern. Maybe news travels a little slower around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

The little creature nods, wvwn thought Aiden isn't looking at him.

"That's right, but it's not that bad right? I mean if everyone is optimistik, none would make a police or any other kind of defence. We better hope that optimistic people remain in their small number."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

"Friends are people who like each other and help each other, if I remember correctly."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    The little ghost gives Jamie a sheepish smile. "Mhmm! Friends are those whom you trust and can be with."
    "We're friends," Jamie declares, offering what she hopes is a reassuring smile. "And, teasing aside, we'd like to be your friend, too. Friends do things together, they help each other, and they stand up for each other."
    So many different definitions! The only shared factor seems to be help each other. Sasha's not sure she trusts them though. Some of them seem kinda evil...
    "You want to help me?"
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #130

So many different definitions! The only shared factor seems to be help each other. Sasha's not sure she trusts them though. Some of them seem kinda evil...
    "You want to help me?"
    "Yep!" Cerise gives Sasha what she thinks is a reassuring smile. Unfortunately, it comes out to be rather psychotic, in a cute way. "That's what friends are for! Oh, and they're fun too!"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #131

"You want to help me?"
    "Sure, if you need help." Tavlii's expression doesn't change much, just a hint of a smile. She's not very good at expressions.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #132

"No no, it's fine, I was expecting worse. You don't go from plotting the enslavement of all mankind and then just turn right around to being anything other than terrible without some middle stage first, and it's been way too soon for any sort of a transition to even begin to happen."

Magtok, the only reason you ordered anything was because you were expecting to have to make an impromptu fire, which you then did. I don't think it's fair of you to be claiming any sort of etiquette-based high ground here. Anyways, the cyborg dries himself off and refuses the drink. Honestly, he's surprised he's even welcome in here, given what happened the last time a Magtok was in a tavern. Maybe news travels a little slower around here.
    "Faaaair enough," Naku says, nodding once at the explanation, "in that case, fifteen copper, please."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

[Magical Girls, Etc.]

Jamie nods emphatically.
    "Yeah! Well, I mean, if you want to be helped, or need to be," she adds, smiling.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "Yep!" Cerise gives Sasha what she thinks is a reassuring smile. Unfortunately, it comes out to be rather psychotic, in a cute way. "That's what friends are for! Oh, and they're fun too!"
    "Sure, if you need help." Tavlii's expression doesn't change much, just a hint of a smile. She's not very good at expressions.
    [Magical Girls, Etc.]

Jamie nods emphatically.
    "Yeah! Well, I mean, if you want to be helped, or need to be," she adds, smiling.
    Yes. Sasha is so incredibly in tune with the world, she can tell the difference between a psychotic smile, a hint of a smile and an empathetic smile. Honest.

"So you won't struggle when I kidnap you?" Sasha asks, sort of standing up again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #135

Yes. Sasha is so incredibly in tune with the world, she can tell the difference between a psychotic smile, a hint of a smile and an empathetic smile. Honest.

"So you won't struggle when I kidnap you?" Sasha asks, sort of standing up again.
    Well, you have to be pretty in tune with the world to make its shadows move around, right?
    "That's not exactly what help means." Step away, goes Tavlii.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-04-11 at 08:25 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

"Friends don't kidnap each other. I mean, sometimes they say they are, but that's in fun," Jamie says, looking at Sasha curiously, and a little cautiously, now, her hand sliding into her pocket.

What has she got in her pocketssss....

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, you have to be pretty in tune with the world to make its shadows move around, right?
    "That's not exactly what help means." Step away, goes Tavlii.
    You tell yourself that if it helps you sleep at night.

"Friends don't kidnap each other. I mean, sometimes they say they are, but that's in fun," Jamie says, looking at Sasha curiously, and a little cautiously, now, her hand sliding into her pocket.

What has she got in her pocketssss....
    "Oh." Sasha says.
    Guess they can't be friends after all.
    Sadness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #138

You tell yourself that if it helps you sleep at night.

"Oh." Sasha says.
    Sadness.
    Nothing helps me sleep at night. Doesn't mean one can't try.

"Why would you want to kidnap us? We only now met." It can actually think of a number of reasons. This Sasha itself would be quite interesting to detain and study, and there are any number of things out in the Nexus that have a greater need of living captives rather than corpses, no mind the source. But what will Sasha say, is the question.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-04-14 at 11:19 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #139

"Oh." Sasha says.
    Sadness.
    Nothing helps me sleep at night. Doesn't mean one can't try.

"Why would you want to kidnap us? We only now met." It can actually think of a number of reasons. This Sasha itself would be quite interesting to detain and study, and there are any number of things out in the Nexus that have a greater need of living captives rather than corpses, no mind the source. But what will Sasha say, is the question.
    "Hypothetically speaking, where, or who, would you be taking us to if you did kidnap us?" Cerise pipes up with a curious look on here ghostly visage. She flicks her eyes over to Jamie, frowning slightly. In her experience, anyone surreptitiously digging around in their pockets is bad news...

20. - Top - End - #140

Songdancer cleared his throat before sitting down at his recently rented piano.
    And then he began to play.
    "It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
    The Regular crowd shuffles in
    There's an old man sitting next to me
    Makin' love to his tonic and gin

He says, "Son, can you play me a memory
    I'm not really sure how it goes
    But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
    When I wore a younger man's clothes."

La la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

Sing us a song, you're the piano man
    Sing us a song tonight
    Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
    And you've got us feelin' alright

Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
    He gets me my drinks for free
    And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
    But there's someplace that he'd rather be
    He says, "Bill, I believe this is killing me."
    As the smile ran away from his face
    "Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star
    If I could get out of this place"

Oh, la la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

And the waitress is practicing politics
    As the businessmen slowly get stoned
    Yes, they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
    But it's better than drinkin' alone

Sing us a song you're the piano man
    Sing us a song tonight
    Well we're all in the mood for a melody
    And you got us feeling alright

Now Paul is a real estate novelist
    Who never had time for a wife
    And he's talkin' with Davy, who's still in the Navy
    And probably will be for life

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
    And the manager gives me a smile
    'Cause he knows that it's me they've been comin' to see
    To forget about life for a while
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer
    And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
    And say, "Man, what are you doin' here?"

Oh, la la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

Sing us a song you're the piano man
    Sing us a song tonight
    Well we're all in the mood for a melody
    And you got us feeling alright"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

A man in blue with a coppery pocket dragon on his shoulder wanders shuffles in as Songdancer starts his song. He recognizes the tune immediately, and reaches into his cloak pocket as he sits down. Out of it comes a shiny harmonica, which he passes up to the little dragon. He plays it at the appropriate parts, and pretty well, but not too loudly, because playing too loudly when you're not the musician is rude. But it has to be done, because Piano Man just isn't the same without the harmonica.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    A man in blue with a coppery pocket dragon on his shoulder wanders shuffles in as Songdancer starts his song. He recognizes the tune immediately, and reaches into his cloak pocket as he sits down. Out of it comes a shiny harmonica, which he passes up to the little dragon. He plays it at the appropriate parts, and pretty well, but not too loudly, because playing too loudly when you're not the musician is rude. But it has to be done, because Piano Man just isn't the same without the harmonica.
    "Can I get you anything?" Naku asks the newcomer after the song finishes.
    You know, what with being the bartender and all.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

The man smiles as his familiar flips his musical instrument into the air and back into the cloak pocket.
    "I'll take one of those ham steaks and whatever drink you recommend that won't knock us out cold."
    The dragon makes a hissing sort of snicker.

24. - Top - End - #144

The man smiles as his familiar flips his musical instrument into the air and back into the cloak pocket.
    "I'll take one of those ham steaks and whatever drink you recommend that won't knock us out cold."
    The dragon makes a hissing sort of snicker.
    "Would you prefer alcoholic or not?" Naku asks, kneeling to get access to under the bar.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

The two exchange a look.
    "Alcoholic is fine, as long as it's not 'knock you on your rear in one sip' kind of drinks."
    In the Nexus you always have to be careful not to accidentally order something on Dragon-Blaster levels.

26. - Top - End - #146

The two exchange a look.
    "Alcoholic is fine, as long as it's not 'knock you on your rear in one sip' kind of drinks."
    In the Nexus you always have to be careful not to accidentally order something on Dragon-Blaster levels.
    "Of course." Naku says, knowing exactly what to get them. She stands back up to her impressive slightly over 6 foot height with a very nice bottle of wine, pours them each a glass, and hands the glasses over.
    "Enjoy."

The wine is a very smooth, very fruity elvish, if taste is anything to go by.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace (as that's his name) takes a sip. "Thanks."
    His familiar, on the other hand, apparently wasn't expecting to get his own glass, gives an appreciative chirp and reaches his head into the glass with his long neck to take a few laps. He appears to be going to wipe his snout on his wing before he gets a sharp look from Jace, and uses a napkin.

28. - Top - End - #148

Jace (as that's his name) takes a sip. "Thanks."
    His familiar, on the other hand, apparently wasn't expecting to get his own glass, gives an appreciative chirp and reaches his head into the glass with his long neck to take a few laps. He appears to be going to wipe his snout on his wing before he gets a sharp look from Jace, and uses a napkin.
    Naku chuckles at the dragon using a napkin. After all, that stuff is fairly adorable.
    "Lemme know when you're done, and I can get you two refills, should you want."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The little creature nods, wvwn thought Aiden isn't looking at him.

"That's right, but it's not that bad right? I mean if everyone is optimistik, none would make a police or any other kind of defence. We better hope that optimistic people remain in their small number."
    "Yeah, well I don't hope for that," Aiden says. "I'm sick of everyone here thinking that killing each other is the first and best option."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground

And thus Colin and Mist return!

Well that was fun.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf