New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Mist has, at some point, gone back to the human shape he left with.
    Yeah, it was. Thanks.

Meanwhile Jace is in the middle of some Master/Familiar banter, which may be odd to watch considering there's no sound, just gesticulations and the occasional chirp.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Amelia walks into the inn carrying her suitcase and looking like a ghost. Not literally but she is very pale and looking pretty weak. After escaping the gunfire and car crashes she had managed to get back to her old hotel room. She had managed to change out of her bloody clothes, and with her healing magic she managed to heal most of her wounds. She has a few scrapes on one side of her forehead. She manages to make her way to the bar. One shaking hand resting on it to help support herself. She doesn't want to sit down, she doubts she would be able to stand up again.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "Yeah, well I don't hope for that," Aiden says. "I'm sick of everyone here thinking that killing each other is the first and best option."
    "Hey!" the little stuff animal shouts after Naku. He still wants to place his order and turns back to Aiden.

"That sound a lot badder then it really is. The nexus is a dangerouse place, but I still think not everyone thinks of killing anyone."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Can't say that's what I've seen," Aiden says, taking another pull from his soda. "Pointless violence is pretty popular."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

[Incipient Kidnapping]

Jamie stays quiet at first, but then smiles softly at Sasha.
    "...we can help you so you don't have to kidnap people, you know," she offers.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia can't help but smile hearing the discussion about pointless violence. She could do with less pointless violence in her life at the moment. Actual she just wants to collapse in a bed sometime soon. She leans on the counter watching whoever is behind it helping people.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #157

Amelia might be even more confused by one of the people in the discussion. It's a green stuff animal wearing a golden breast plate.

"Pointless Violence." he says slightly annoyed "You can only understand that while beeing kicked, smashed or in every other way hur without anyone even notice you."

8. - Top - End - #158

"Well, maybe you should be doing more to make your presence known," Aiden says without skipping a beat. "Then people won't step on you."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Nothing helps me sleep at night. Doesn't mean one can't try.

"Why would you want to kidnap us? We only now met." It can actually think of a number of reasons. This Sasha itself would be quite interesting to detain and study, and there are any number of things out in the Nexus that have a greater need of living captives rather than corpses, no mind the source. But what will Sasha say, is the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "Hypothetically speaking, where, or who, would you be taking us to if you did kidnap us?" Cerise pipes up with a curious look on here ghostly visage. She flicks her eyes over to Jamie, frowning slightly. In her experience, anyone surreptitiously digging around in their pockets is bad news...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Incipient Kidnapping]

Jamie stays quiet at first, but then smiles softly at Sasha.
    "...we can help you so you don't have to kidnap people, you know," she offers.
    "Master wants interesting people for subjects." Sasha explains.
    Of course she has to kidnap people! It's what the Master wants.
    Mustn't displease the Master...

Though no one mentioned anything about 'us'. Only one of the three would be kidnapped.

Sasha tilts her head everrrrrr so slightly at Songdancer's song. Probably not even noticeable.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-04-15 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #160

The small creature suddendly wears a robe, he waves with his hand upwards and lightnings appear coming from his paws. The sound of thunder cna be heared, still not very loud. This should draw attention, since the lightning seem to stay as they are. Everyone taking a closer look will reveal that they are only striplight, blinking in a bright blue light. And the sound comes from a small beatbox behind the creature. Where did he got all that so fast?

"I try, but beeing this size doesn't help at all."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Though no one mentioned anything about 'us'. Only one of the three would be kidnapped.
    "What does he do once you kidnap them? They must be subjects for something. He might get more by asking." It's probably something no one would volunteer for, but politely asking for research subjects or...anything doesn't seem like Sasha's strong suit.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

"And who is 'Master'?" Jamie asks, curious now.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #163

Well, should anyone need drinks, Naku's behind the bar, humming a quiet song to herself, passing the time by wiping at a stubborn purple stain on the bar.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Mist doesn't need a drink (he's underage), but he did come here specifically to talk to Naku, so he'll go over and sit down at the bar, presumably with Colin in tow, giving his best awkward smile.
    I'm back again, as you can see. Um...you said something earlier about staying here and the possibility of work?

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Well, Mist doesn't need a drink (he's underage), but he did come here specifically to talk to Naku, so he'll go over and sit down at the bar, presumably with Colin in tow, giving his best awkward smile.
    I'm back again, as you can see. Um...you said something earlier about staying here and the possibility of work?
    "I think I did, at that.
    Though, to be honest,"
    Naku admits, cringing slightly, "I could hire you, but I honestly have no idea what you'd do. We already have a chef, a few waiters, and the . . . entertainment," with that, she waves a hand at 'Dancer's stage, a slight lack of warmth in her voice, "though I suppose would could use someone to clean?
    You know, gather the dishes from the tables, make sure the rooms are all cleaned, changing the sheets on the beds, and so on.
    Off the top of my head, that's about all I can think of, if you'd be interested."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "I think I did, at that.
    Though, to be honest,"
    Naku admits, cringing slightly, "I could hire you, but I honestly have no idea what you'd do. We already have a chef, a few waiters, and the . . . entertainment," with that, she waves a hand at 'Dancer's stage, a slight lack of warmth in her voice, "though I suppose would could use someone to clean?
    You know, gather the dishes from the tables, make sure the rooms are all cleaned, changing the sheets on the beds, and so on.
    Off the top of my head, that's about all I can think of, if you'd be interested."
    Mist smiles. There's a few unpleasant memories from back home, but not enough to make him regret that he's done this before. Work is work.
    I was a bus-boy for a year and a half before I was thrown here. Cleaning stuff I can do. And anything else you can think of. I don't want to intrude, though. If you don't have room, it's no problem.
    He's not exactly desperate, but this is the best offer he's gotten in a long time, even if it is a bit ambiguous.

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist smiles. There's a few unpleasant memories from back home, but not enough to make him regret that he's done this before. Work is work.
    I was a bus-boy for a year and a half before I was thrown here. Cleaning stuff I can do. And anything else you can think of. I don't want to intrude, though. If you don't have room, it's no problem.
    He's not exactly desperate, but this is the best offer he's gotten in a long time, even if it is a bit ambiguous.
    "All right, you're hired, then." Mostly Naku was just entirely too nice to turn anyone away when they were needing a job. To the point she'd make work for him if she had to.
    "Now tell me: What brings you here? If you work for me, you owe me stories." She informs him, leaning against the bar, her chin propped on her heel.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

A fair trade, indeed. Mist stands up for a moment, and unbuttons his coat, laying it down on the unoccupied seat next to him. Turns out he's wearing a pretty normal, tan, and short-sleeve T-shirt underneath it. He sits back down.
    Fair enough. Well, I know that the first Shift came when I was conscious. I don't remember what I was doing, except that I was alone in the woods. I had a headache, but I don't think I hit my head. Woods got bigger...greater somehow, if that makes sense. I met someone there. Don't remember how it went, except that He was a he, and something about a fox. Was He a fox? I don't remember, but it would make sense. I did something for him, helped him out with something. It's all blurry. He offered me a reward, but I turned him down, although I can't remember what it was or why I did, except that he laughed and said it was a good reason as any. Then he made some comment about a coat. I think he gave me a coat. It was all pretty weird. Then I left, and I must have Shifted again because it was all snowy all of a sudden and I was freezing to death. So I must have found a cave and put that coat on, because I woke up with the storm passed and me like this-
    he shudders, shifting into his fox form in about two seconds. He's usually self-conscious about changing in front of people, but Naku's helping him out and she deserves the whole story. He now has to look up at Naku a bit more since he loses height when he changes, but otherwise he goes on as if nothing happened. His voice isn't any different despite his completely different mouth structure.
    Then it took me about half a day to get to Inside, by which time I'd figured out how to change, and I've been scraping by ever since. That was...maybe a month ago?
    He scratches his chin. His nails are a bit pointier than before.
    Yeah, a month.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-04-16 at 11:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

A pale and extremely tired looking Amelia is standing unsteadily at the bar. She is holding a suitcase in one hand, probably looking for a room. At the moment it seems like she has zoned out and is staring blankly at the bar in front of her.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #170

Aiden is about to respond to the stuffed animal pulling a magic show when he notices Amelia staring off into space. He waves off the animal and approaches her. "Hey, you alive?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia blinks a couple of times and looks up at Aiden confused. "What? I'm sorry I was zoned out there. Do you work here?" Aiden might notices some scrapes and cuts on one side of her forehead, small but noticeable. She is leaning on the bar for support and looks ready to fall down.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #172

"What does he do once you kidnap them? They must be subjects for something. He might get more by asking." It's probably something no one would volunteer for, but politely asking for research subjects or...anything doesn't seem like Sasha's strong suit.
    "So you kidnap people for this Master?" Cerise tilts her head to the side, curious. "Where do you bring them?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

23. - Top - End - #173

"No, just a regular customer." Aiden glances around at the cuts. "You alright? You look like you need a bandaid or five."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's been a long day. I could really use a hot shower and a bed to fall in." She doubts she would actually make it to the shower. Probably just go straight to sleep. "I'll be fine. Thanks though." She manages a small smile.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #175

The little creature looks very sad now, neither the barmaid or the person he talked to seem to notice him. Either way he walks over to Aiden and Amelia, putting a ointment in front of them. It's half used.

"Maybe you need this first?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "So you kidnap people for this Master?" Cerise tilts her head to the side, curious. "Where do you bring them?"
    Now they're bombarding with questions again! Make it stop!
    "Tests."
    Of the lethal, highly illegal mad SCIENCE! variety.
    She's already said the Master's name earlier and she's not supposed to say where they go. That's a thing the Master does not want.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-04-17 at 07:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The little creature looks very sad now, neither the barmaid or the person he talked to seem to notice him. Either way he walks over to Aiden and Amelia, putting a ointment in front of them. It's half used.

"Maybe you need this first?"
    Amelia looks down at the little green stuffed animal and his ointment. "What is it?" She sets down her bag and takes a seat at the bar, If she isn't going to have a conversation she is going to sit down.

((I'm picturing Zefir's character walking on the bar?))
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #178

Yep. The little creature is only a few inch in size. Strangly the ointment is human size so as big as the creature. Handy haversack help you so much.^^

"It's an ointment. For the scrathes in your forehead."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That's OK, there just little scratches. Thanks though." She isn't about to put on some mystery ointment she gets from a little green stuffed toy. She honestly hasn't seen anything like him before and glances at Aiden raising an eyebrow. She wonders if he knows the little green guy.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #180

Now they're bombarding with questions again! Make it stop!
    "Tests."
    Of the lethal, highly illegal mad SCIENCE! variety.
    She's already said the Master's name earlier and she's not supposed to say where they go. That's a thing the Master does not want.
    "Did this Master perform tests on you?" Cerise mutters, leaning in slightly. "And if you can't tell us, could take us there?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.