New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

"These tests hurt people, right?"

"He's called Omega, Jamie."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    A fair trade, indeed. Mist stands up for a moment, and unbuttons his coat, laying it down on the unoccupied seat next to him. Turns out he's wearing a pretty normal, tan, and short-sleeve T-shirt underneath it. He sits back down.
    Fair enough. Well, I know that the first Shift came when I was conscious. I don't remember what I was doing, except that I was alone in the woods. I had a headache, but I don't think I hit my head. Woods got bigger...greater somehow, if that makes sense. I met someone there. Don't remember how it went, except that He was a he, and something about a fox. Was He a fox? I don't remember, but it would make sense. I did something for him, helped him out with something. It's all blurry. He offered me a reward, but I turned him down, although I can't remember what it was or why I did, except that he laughed and said it was a good reason as any. Then he made some comment about a coat. I think he gave me a coat. It was all pretty weird. Then I left, and I must have Shifted again because it was all snowy all of a sudden and I was freezing to death. So I must have found a cave and put that coat on, because I woke up with the storm passed and me like this-
    he shudders, shifting into his fox form in about two seconds. He's usually self-conscious about changing in front of people, but Naku's helping him out and she deserves the whole story. He now has to look up at Naku a bit more since he loses height when he changes, but otherwise he goes on as if nothing happened. His voice isn't any different despite his completely different mouth structure.
    Then it took me about half a day to get to Inside, by which time I'd figured out how to change, and I've been scraping by ever since. That was...maybe a month ago?
    He scratches his chin. His nails are a bit pointier than before.
    Yeah, a month.
    "I see." Is about all Naku says right after his story concludes, though she's obviously thinking about all of it.
    "Well; you're not scraping by any more. I'll find work for you, you have full access to the food, drink, and if you need it, a room."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist smiles, flicking his tail a bit.
    I think I'll take that room offer just for the sake of travel times. My walks around Inside haven't been the most pleasurable experiences. Although maybe that's because I always go alone. Who knows?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh."
    Jamie, having totally missed when Omega was mentioned, blushes in embarassment and falls quiet.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #185

Mist smiles, flicking his tail a bit.
    I think I'll take that room offer just for the sake of travel times. My walks around Inside haven't been the most pleasurable experiences. Although maybe that's because I always go alone. Who knows?
    "Of course. Pick a room, label it yours, and I'll make sure not to rent it out."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing but good news. That's a change.
    Sounds good. Are they all different, or just numbered differently? Because I'm not too picky on that sort of thing.

7. - Top - End - #187

Nothing but good news. That's a change.
    Sounds good. Are they all different, or just numbered differently? Because I'm not too picky on that sort of thing.
    "Just numbered differently, but if it's your room, you're welcome to fancy it up however you like."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, then. Hm.
    He pauses for a moment.
    Number Nine, if it's not taken.

9. - Top - End - #189

Alright, then. Hm.
    He pauses for a moment.
    Number Nine, if it's not taken.
    "All right, come on." Naku says, waving him a 'come along' hand gesture, stepping out from behind the bar, and heading upstairs.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190

Post Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "That's OK, there just little scratches. Thanks though." She isn't about to put on some mystery ointment she gets from a little green stuffed toy. She honestly hasn't seen anything like him before and glances at Aiden raising an eyebrow. She wonders if he knows the little green guy.
    Aiden shrugs. He doesn't really know the small toy, but he's not about to just say that right there.

Meanwhile, there's a plotclone of Aiden at the bar, waiting for Naku.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2013-04-18 at 12:28 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "All right, come on." Naku says, waving him a 'come along' hand gesture, stepping out from behind the bar, and heading upstairs.
    Mist grabs his coat and follows, unaware that his tail is waving excitedly behind him. He's really going to have to get control of that soon.

12. - Top - End - #192

Mist grabs his coat and follows, unaware that his tail is waving excitedly behind him. He's really going to have to get control of that soon.
    Upon arriving, and after she finds the key, Naku throws the door to room 9 open!
    It's . . . Much like any other room.
    Somewhat spacious, with a double bed, an attached small bathroom, a nightstand, and a small desk with a chair.
    "S'all yours." Naku says somewhat grandiosely, stepping back out of the way, and making a 'please, enter' sort of bow at him.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist takes a few steps in, taking a look around. After a moment, he smiles again and tosses his coat onto the bed.
    Looks great. Thanks again.

14. - Top - End - #194

Mist takes a few steps in, taking a look around. After a moment, he smiles again and tosses his coat onto the bed.
    Looks great. Thanks again.
    "Of course. Would you like to get some sleep now, or get started working?" Naku asks, leaning against the door frame.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist doesn't stop to think on this one. After all, he's trying to make a good first impression.
    I'll be fine with the latter. I can never go to sleep this early in the day anyway.

16. - Top - End - #196

Mist doesn't stop to think on this one. After all, he's trying to make a good first impression.
    I'll be fine with the latter. I can never go to sleep this early in the day anyway.
    "All right. But if you do need sleep, by all means take a break. I understand being tired." With that, she pushes off from the frame with a shove of her shoulder, and turns to head back downstairs.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist nods.
    Understood.
    He actually is pretty good about judging his own stamina, which is one reason why he doesn't change back and forth often.

18. - Top - End - #198

Mist nods.
    Understood.
    He actually is pretty good about judging his own stamina, which is one reason why he doesn't change back and forth often.
    "Carry on then." Naku says, before hopping lightly back down the stairs, and heading back behind the bar.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist follow her downstairs and be available for whatever needs doing after just a quick rest, because his player just realized what time it is.

20. - Top - End - #200

Aiden happens to be in front of the bar, and he gives a short wave when Naku gets downstairs.

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden happens to be in front of the bar, and he gives a short wave when Naku gets downstairs.
    "Hey!
    What can I do for ya?"
    Naku asks with her customary frang-showing smile.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

"Actually, I kinda just wanted to talk," Aiden said. "Drinks might come later."

23. - Top - End - #203

"Actually, I kinda just wanted to talk," Aiden said. "Drinks might come later."
    "Absolutely. What's on your mind?" She asks, resting against the bar, smiling slightly.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

"So, you remember when I talked to you about heading to Mallside with me?" Aiden says, not entirely sure how to approach his intended subject.

25. - Top - End - #205

"So, you remember when I talked to you about heading to Mallside with me?" Aiden says, not entirely sure how to approach his intended subject.
    "Oh, yeah. I do remember that.
    Did you want to go do that, or are you bringing it up for another reason?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206

"Well, I wouldn't be averse to the former, but I am bringing it up for another reason," Aiden says. "Because I'm not gonna lie; that was partially a thinly-veiled attempt to ask you out." And there it is. Saying it was actually a bit easier than he thought it would be.

27. - Top - End - #207

"Well, I wouldn't be averse to the former, but I am bringing it up for another reason," Aiden says. "Because I'm not gonna lie; that was partially a thinly-veiled attempt to ask you out." And there it is. Saying it was actually a bit easier than he thought it would be.
    "Oh. Well . . . Um . . ." Naku, clearly at a loss for words and starting to blush ever so slightly, flails a bit for the right words, before finally settling on: "You coulda just said so earlier? I probably would have been happy to do it."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

"Yeah, I could've. Hindsight's 20/20 and I tend to be a bit of an idiot in this kind of situation," Aiden says as he averts his gaze. "I guess it's better late than never, at least for me."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2013-04-18 at 01:27 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209

"Yeah, I could've. Hindsight's 20/20 and I tend to be a bit of an idiot in this kind of situation," Aiden says as he averts his gaze. "I guessbit's better late than never, at least for me."
    "Nah, it's . . . totally fine." Naku says after another blush and pause.
    Then follows with: "Well. Are you actually going to ask me out now? Or are you just gonna leave it hanging?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground

The ointment looks liek the things you can get in any supermarket or whatever is common in the nexus. The small creature looks annoyed at the two, assuming he got judged for his appereance.

"I'm Mr. C. I know I look like a toy, but I have my own mind and sould."

He turns around to face Naku and shouts.

"Hey! Can I get my drink and pizza please?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK