New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: D&D in M&M-- a new approach to rebalancing 3.5/PF

My request: the drow race. And an explanation how TWF would work.

I'd like to see the ToB classes, too. We can worry about maneuvers later.

What about PrCs? Can they be converted at all?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Needle View Post
    This is so nice <3 I love how the spells are done, and the possibility of having "weaker" versions of the "big ones", seems they'll work nice~ though I guess some game testing would polish things
    Glad you like it. Not sure what you mean by "weaker versions of the big ones," though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zireael View Post
    My request: the drow race. And an explanation how TWF would work.

I'd like to see the ToB classes, too. We can worry about maneuvers later.

What about PrCs? Can they be converted at all?
    Drow- 36.5 points (!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Ability and skill mods
    • Agility +1
    • Intellect +1
    • Presence +1
    • Stamina -1
    • Occult 5 ranks

Racial Powers
    • Senses 3 (Darkvision, Extended 1 vision, Extended 1 hearing)
    • Immunity 1 (Sleep)
    • Spell Resistance: Immunity 20 (magic), Unreliable
    • Darkness: Concealment 4 (all visual), Attack, Ranged, Area Burst

Two-Weapon Fighting: M&M has no rules for this. By default, I think you can hold a weapon in each hand, and attack with either of them as you action. To get fancier, though, check out the powers I wrote for the Ranger and Fighter (they're the same) and a new one I made up right now:
    • Double Weapons: Damage X, Strength-based, Split 1, Easily Removable (1 point + 1 point/rank)-- This is a pair of weapons as a Device. You can attack one target with "both," making a single attack roll and dealing full damage, or you can attack two targets, making an attack roll against each splitting the damage up between them however you choose.
    • Split 1, Variable Descriptor 1: any melee attack-- This works as above, but lets you grab any two weapons and go. Or any one weapon, I suppose.
    • Multiattack, Variable Descriptor 1: any melee attack-- Multiattack is the modifier used for flurries, such as machine gun bursts. You either do extra damage to a single target if your attack roll is good enough, or you can attack lots of extra targets. This simulates the "tons of attack roll" aspect of TWF pretty well. The actual bit about using two weapons is a descriptor, nothing else.

PrC's can't be converted wholesale-- M&M's point buy doesn't really work that way-- but individual class features, or even the set of class features, can be converted.

I'll work on the ToB classes. I might ditch some of the boring "+number" effects like the Swordsage's Discipline Focus, though-- those sorts of things rarely translate well into M&M.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Tome of Battle now moved to the front page.
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2013-04-11 at 10:12 PM.
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.

Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

WOW! wowowowowow. Impressed.

Currently reading everything with glee.

So, one question...how would you do PrC's? and that's on the second page....my bad.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-04-11 at 12:25 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

*bows to Grod_The_Giant*

Thank you, sir!!!

(starts thinking of other awesome stuff that can be done with M&M...)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Colossus in the Playground

Hmm. I'm still wondering a bit how the more complex abilities would be handled. Say, something like the binder or some of the more creative homebrew PrCs. But I guess with creative application of drawbacks, pretty much anything can be made.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zireael View Post
    *bows to Grod_The_Giant*

Thank you, sir!!!

(starts thinking of other awesome stuff that can be done with M&M...)
    You're welcome.
    (I've also done Exalted, albeit in way less detail than here-- I had rules for anima and castes and stuff, but I never converted charms. I should probably go back and revise a bit now that the campaign's wrapped up)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Hmm. I'm still wondering a bit how the more complex abilities would be handled. Say, something like the binder or some of the more creative homebrew PrCs. But I guess with creative application of drawbacks, pretty much anything can be made.
    It is somewhat harder to do complicated stuff because M&M doesn't just make up new situational rules whenever it wants, like 3.5 does. But you can probably make things work.

The binder, for example, would probably work via a big honking array of vestige powers. No, maybe Metamorph? No, you know what, Variable would probably work best for the Binder, truth be told. So you'd have, oh,

Soul Binding- Variable (Vestige Powers) X, Limited: must take entire packet at once, Slow. 5 points/rank.

And then you'd work out all the various vestiges, like so:

Acererak- 26 points + 1 point/rank of affliction + 3 points/rank of healing
    Spoiler
    Show

• Sign- Feature 1 (a gem replaces one of your teeth)
    • Detect Undead- Senses 3 (Detect Undead, Ranged, Analytical)
    • Hide From Undead- Concealment 10 (all senses), limited to Undead, Resistible (Will)
    • Lich's Energy Immunities- Immunity 10 (cold damage, electricity damage)
    • Paralyzing Touch- Affliction X (Impaired -> Disabled -> Paralyzed, resisted and overcome by Fortitude)
    • Speak with Dead- Comprehend 2 (Objects), limited to Corpses
    • Undead Healing-- Immunity 5 (negative energy damage); Reaction (struck by negative energy) Healing Y, Limited to Self, Limited to rank of damage effect

The influence part would best be handled as complications.

In unrelated news, remember how I said I didn't want to convert ToB maneuvers because I didn't want to go through another huge long list right after doing spells? It turns out that I want to pay attention in class even less. I did select maneuvers from the first 6 schools this afternoon-- I'll post them with the base classes.
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2013-04-11 at 02:50 PM.
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

Yeah, that's one thing that never really made me happy about M&M.

I love abilities that take an entire page to write up in the rulebook and change depending on circumstances. They are the best abilities and often have the most flavour.

It's an amazing system, no doubt. But somehow, I can't imagine ever having a serious, involved game with it. More a sort of fun, beer and brezels kind of thing. Probably one-shot, too.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2013-04-11 at 02:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

It's an amazing system, no doubt. But somehow, I can't imagine ever having a serious, involved game with it. More a sort of fun, beer and brezels kind of thing. Probably one-shot, too.
    To each his own. Personally, I loved the M&M campaign I ran. The characters had plenty of versatility-- without requiring players to remember pages of spells or maneuvers, I might add-- everyone contributed effectively in combat, combat was fast and fun, pretty much everyone could contribute out-of-combat as well. And, you know, good RP and story, but those are system-independent.
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Oh, absolutely. But I find that some mechanics just lend themselves more easily to certian kinds of flavour. I mean, running M&M as a gritty, lethal survival game where you have to scavenge for resources is just unnecessarily difficult, to give one of hte worst possible examples.

My problem is just that I fail to see the inherent flavour in M&M, if it has any. It would be difficult for me to run a good campaign in it.

Plus, superheroes are a totally foreign territory for me, thoug hyou can run other things in the system, of course.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, absolutely. But I find that some mechanics just lend themselves more easily to certian kinds of flavour. I mean, running M&M as a gritty, lethal survival game where you have to scavenge for resources is just unnecessarily difficult, to give one of hte worst possible examples.
    True. It is very much a cinematic action game. But D&D has never been good at gritty either, soo...

My problem is just that I fail to see the inherent flavour in M&M, if it has any. It would be difficult for me to run a good campaign in it.

Plus, superheroes are a totally foreign territory for me, thoug hyou can run other things in the system, of course.
    I suppose you could pick up DC Adventures, which is M&M 3e set in the DC Comics universe. (Actually, I think DCA came first and 3e is the same system with the paint peeled off, but whatever). But I'm a total comics geek, so...
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Oh, I like comics. A lot. But American comics are a pain to get over here, I have to order single issues and pay shipping cost and taxes. So I tend to focus on buying a handful of big collection paperbacks a year. Usually self-contained stories. Combine that with zero superhero exposure as a kid, and it's just not something I ever got into. I've read the odd Batman comic and one or two superman stories (though I still don't like any of them), but that's it for me.

As a kid, comics meant French, German and Italian comics. Tintin, Lucky Luke, Asterix and the monthly 300 page Disney fantasy/science fiction/adventure paperback. So that's what I know, pulp and high fantasy. These days, I just read a lot of Vertigo.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2013-04-11 at 03:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

But American comics are a pain to get over here, I have to order single issues and pay shipping cost and taxes.
    There are... methods... such as cannot be discussed under forum rules... if you know what I mean... (this IS the internet we're talking about)
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2013-04-11 at 03:22 PM.
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

I can't find it for the life of me, but there was a website that publishers sent their comics to. You could buy them for $1 or 2 online. But there is also Comixology if a bit more expensive than the one I can't remember.

You also have to keep in mind copyright and trademark laws. Do your research first, but I don't believe it is illegal to view products on certain sites if they aren't licensed in your country.

To ban, prevent, or go after, you from viewing them, when you can't access them through normal commercial venues in your native language (forgive me, I don't know if it's English or not), in your country is technically a form of censorship and it may actually be against American laws for them to do so.

Of course just buying them online is easier than all the research to see whether or not it is legal to do so. And the licensing issue varies from from country to country. For example, I know it is perfectly legal to view Japanese manga in America if it isn't licensed in America, but I don't know if it works like that vice versa with American comics.

I had to take a class on copyright for my web degree and learned just how wonky some international copyright and trademark laws are. Some of them just don't make any sense at all.
    Last edited by eftexar; 2013-04-11 at 04:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

I knew you had it in ya!

I'll see if I can convince some people I know to "playtest" this...
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

16. - Top - End - #46

There are... methods... such as cannot be discussed under forum rules... if you know what I mean... (this IS the internet we're talking about)
    There are. But I don't like reading on screen. Especially not comics.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As a kid, comics meant French, German and Italian comics. Tintin, Lucky Luke, Asterix and the monthly 300 page Disney fantasy/science fiction/adventure paperback. So that's what I know, pulp and high fantasy. These days, I just read a lot of Vertigo.
    You, sir, have excellent taste.

Though if you want more exposure to American Comics, would it be more difficult to just get the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series on dvd? I've never found a comic book that rocked as hard as those shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Aaaaaannnnd that is the last of the ToB material. Phew! I've moved it all onto the front page, along with copies of my fulfilled requests.

So! What would you like to see me convert next? (Please, for the love of Pelor, no more complete sets of spell-esque abilities!)
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2013-04-11 at 10:17 PM.
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

How about centaurs as a race? Tieflings? half dragon?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

20. - Top - End - #50

Templates would be a good idea, yes.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

This is actually quite a fascinating take on D&D conversion, at the very least it looks good on paper for M&M 3e.

Might it be too early to request PrCs? I was just recalling one PrC from True Scoundral (Battle Dancer I think it was) which wasn't really too good in 3.5e in part due to the system's limitations it had on Rogues. I was wondering how well it might translate to this variant.

Outside of PrCs though, I don't really have any sort of suggestions. Considering you did ToB already, I'd rather not put you through something like Psionics for the sake of, say, Soulknife. So I'm pretty good with the classes presented here and the monsters list you linked.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    How about centaurs as a race? Tieflings? half dragon?
    Templates would be a good idea, yes.
    Ask and ye shall receive!

Centaur- 19 points
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Modifiers
    • Agility +2
    • Stamina +2
    • Intellect -1

Skill Ranks
    None

Powers
    • Growth 4 (Permanent, Innate)
    • Speed 4
    • Senses 1 (Darkvision)

Tiefling- 23 points (v1) or 11 points (v2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Modifiers
    • +1 Agility
    • +1 Intellect
    • -1 Presence

Skill Ranks
    • +4 Deception
    • +4 Stealth

Powers v1
    • Senses 1 (Darkvision)
    • Darkness- Concealment 4 (all visual), Attack, Ranged, Area Burst

Powers v2
    • Senses 1 (Darkvision)
    • Environment 2 (Visibility 2) 4 points

Half-Dragon- 32 points + 2 points/rank of breath weapon
    Note: Feel free to increase the ranks of the Scales, Claws, and Flight powers
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Power|Effect|Cost
    Ability Modifications|Strength +4, Stamina +1, Intellect +1, Presence +1|14 points
    Scales|Protection 2, Obvious|1 point
    Claws|Strength-based Damage 2, Obvious|2 points
    Breath Weapon||Damage X, Area (cone or line)|2 points/rank
    Wings|Fly 2, Wings|2 points
    Senses|Senses 2 (Darkvision, low-light vision)|2 points
    Immunities|Immunity 10 (sleep, paralysis, one type of energy damage)|10 points[/table]

Half-Fiend- 42 points, +1/rank of Toughness, + cost of spell-like abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Modifications|Strength +2, Agility +2, Intellect +2, Stamina +1, Presence +1|16 points
    Wings|Fly 1, Wings|1 point
    Claws|Strength-based Damage 2, Obvious|2 points
    Spell-Like Abilities|Pick one or more from the list of spells: Darkness, Poison, Blasphemy (as Holy Word, but works against Good), Summon Monster (Limited to fiends, -1 point/rank), Slay Living|Varies
    Senses|Sense 1 (Darkvision)|1 point
    Immunities|Immunity 2 (poision); Immunity 20(acid, cold, electricity, fire damage), Limited to half effect|12 points
    Spell Resistance|Immunity 20 (Magic), Unreliable|10 points
    Damage Reduction|Impervious X on Toughness|1 point/rank, to a maximum of Toughness[/table]

Half-Celestial- 46.5 points, +1/rank of Toughness, + cost of spell-like abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Modifications|Strength +2, Stamina +2, Awareness +2, Presence +2, Agility +1, Intellect +1, |20 points
    Wings|Fly 2, Wings|2 points
    Daylight|Environment 2 (Light 2)|4 points
    Spell-Like Abilities|Pick one or more from the list of spells: Protection from Evil, Aid, Cure ____ Wounds, Holy Word, Summon Monster (Limited to celestials, -1 point/rank)|Varies
    Senses|Sense 1 (Darkvision)|1 point
    Immunities|Immunity 1 (disease); Immunity 17 (acid, cold, electricity damage; poison), Limited to half effect|9.5 points
    Spell Resistance|Immunity 20 (Magic), Unreliable|10 points
    Damage Reduction|Impervious X on Toughness|1 point/rank, to a maximum of Toughness[/table]

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    This is actually quite a fascinating take on D&D conversion, at the very least it looks good on paper for M&M 3e.

Might it be too early to request PrCs? I was just recalling one PrC from True Scoundral (Battle Dancer I think it was) which wasn't really too good in 3.5e in part due to the system's limitations it had on Rogues. I was wondering how well it might translate to this variant.

Outside of PrCs though, I don't really have any sort of suggestions. Considering you did ToB already, I'd rather not put you through something like Psionics for the sake of, say, Soulknife. So I'm pretty good with the classes presented here and the monsters list you linked.
    I can do PrC's. Were you by any chance thinking of the Cloaked Dancer? It has three semi-magic dance effects (beguiling, wearying, and frightful), along with advancing Sudden Strike.

I wouldn't mind doing the Soulknife, since, you know, it doesn't actually get psionic powers.
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2013-04-12 at 10:13 AM.
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

SwashbucklerGuy

I can do PrC's. Were you by any chance thinking of the Cloaked Dancer? It has three semi-magic dance effects (beguiling, wearying, and frightful), along with advancing Sudden Strike.

I wouldn't mind doing the Soulknife, since, you know, it doesn't actually get psionic powers.
    Yeah I believe it was the Cloaked Dancer. It's effects and Sudden Strike are definitely what I thought it was.

I'm mainly interested in Soulknife here due to it being an unforgivably terrible class in 3.5. By that extension I'd also be interested in Samurai and Truenamer but Samurai is essentially Fighter with additional/similar abilities and Truenamer has it's own broken magic system which is probably too much effort to bother with right now.

Also, if I want to play races for this like, say, Minotaur or Wereboar, I can just go to the link with monster creatures and use those as sort of a Race template, right?

EDIT: I probably should have taken a closer look at the monster list before noticing the equipment that most of them come with.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-04-12 at 10:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I believe it was the Cloaked Dancer. It's effects and Sudden Strike are definitely what I thought it was.
    Fair enough, I'll see what I can make of it. Sudden Strike is just Sneak Attack by another name (aka, difficult to convert well), but the dances should be fun.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm mainly interested in Soulknife here due to it being an unforgivably terrible class in 3.5. By that extension I'd also be interested in Samurai and Truenamer but Samurai is essentially Fighter with additional/similar abilities and Truenamer has it's own broken magic system which is probably too much effort to bother with right now.

Off the top of my head, the Soulknife strikes me as having exactly the right amount of stuff to make a good M&M character. One or two main schticks, with a decent set of alternate effects based on them. You no longer suffer from limited BAB, and you can erase the move action activation on psychic strike. With throwing, you get both ranged and melee attacks, and you can put as many points as you want in skills. Add that to magic's lack of dominance...

Also, if I want to play races for this like, say, Minotaur or Wereboar, I can just go to the link with monster creatures and use those as sort of a Race template, right?
    Yup!
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Soulknife shouldn't even be that hard, really. A pretty standard blast power with alternate powers and whatever mobility upgrades you want to give it.

26. - Top - End - #56

SwashbucklerGuy

Fair enough, I'll see what I can make of it. Sudden Strike is just Sneak Attack by another name (aka, difficult to convert well), but the dances should be fun.
    Alright, should be good then! I'm not sure how prerequisites will work in terms of PrCs for this kind of system, if they'll be implemented at all. Still, best of luck with the conversion and thanks for being able to work on it.

Off the top of my head, the Soulknife strikes me as having exactly the right amount of stuff to make a good M&M character. One or two main schticks, with a decent set of alternate effects based on them. You no longer suffer from limited BAB, and you can erase the move action activation on psychic strike. With throwing, you get both ranged and melee attacks, and you can put as many points as you want in skills. Add that to magic's lack of dominance...
    Yeah I've always thought Soulknife could work REALLY well if it wasn't such a blunder as it stood in vanilla 3.5e. If you want to go for it go ahead, I wouldn't mind either way.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Badabing, Badaboom!

Cloaked Dancer
    Spoiler
    Show

Skills
    • Acrobatics
    • Athletics
    • Deception
    • Expertise (Dance)
    • Investigate
    • Persuade
    • Sleight of Hand

Advantages
    • Fascinate

Powers
    Sudden Strike|See Sneak Attack|See Sneak Attack
    Beguiling Dance|Affliction X (Dazed -> Stunned, resisted and overcome by Will), Limited Degree, Area Perception (sight), Selective|2 points/rank
    Wearying Dance|Affliction X (Fatigued -> Exhausted, resisted and overcome by Will), Limited Degree, Area Perception (sight), Selective|2 points/rank
    Frightful Dance|Affliction X (Impaired -> Shaken -> Compelled, resisted and overcome by Will), Area Perception (sight), Selective, Quirk -2: can only compel targets to flee|3 points/rank -2 points[/table]

Soulknife
    Spoiler
    Show

Skills
    • Acrobatics
    • Athletics
    • Expertise (Psionics)
    • Perception
    • Stealth

Advantages
    • Defensive Roll
    • Improved Aim
    • Precise Attack
    • Throwing Mastery
    • Agile Feint
    • Hide in Plain Sight

Powers
    Mind Blade|Damage X, Strength-based|1 point/rank
    Throw Mind Blade|Damage X, Ranged, Strength-based|1/rank up to Strength score, then 2/rank
    Psychic Strike|Enhanced Strength, Limited to Damage, Sustained|1 point/rank
    |Affliction X (Dazed -> Stunned -> Incapacitated, resisted and overcome by Will), linked to Mind Blade power|1 point/rank, plus the cost of Mind Blade
    |add Penetrating X to Mind Blade power|1 point/rank
    Psychic Strike activation|Add Activation (Move), Triggered (hit with a mind blade attack)|0 points
    Shape Mind Blade|add Variable Descriptor 1 (any physical) to Mind Blade power|1 point
    Speed of Thought|Speed X|1 point/rank
    Bladewind|add Multiattack to Mind Blade power|1 point/rank of Mind Blade
    Knife to the Soul|Weaken X (Intellect), Alternate Effects for Weaken (Awareness) and (Presence)|2 points + 1 point/rank, plus the cost of Mind Blade
    Multiple Throw|add Multiattack to Throw Mind Blade power|1 point/rank of Throw Mind Blade[/table]

Mind Blade Enhancements— all should be Linked to basic Mind Blade power. Be sure to take the original as an Alternate Effect
    Defending|Enhanced Advantage: Defensive Attack|1 point
    Keen|Enhanced Advantage: Improved Critical (Mind Blade) X|1 point/rank (max 4)
    Lucky|Enhanced Advantage: Luck|1 point/rank, to a maximum of ½ PL
    Mighty Cleaving|Enhanced Advantage: Takedown|1 point
    Psychokinetic|Move Object X, Close, Instantaneous Duration, limited to Away|1 point/3 ranks
    Sundering|Enhanced Advantage: Improved Smash|1 point
    Vicious|Enhanced Strength, Limited to Damage, Side Effect: on every hit, take damage equal to half the bonus from this power|1 point/2 ranks
    Collision|Move Object X, Close, Instantaneous Duration, limited to Away|1 point/3 ranks
    Mindcrusher|Weaken X (Psionic effects)|1 point/rank
    Suppression|Nullify X (magic), Broad, Simultaneous, Reduced Range|2 points/rank
    Wounding|Weaken X (Stamina)|1 point/rank
    Bodyfeeder|Reaction (hit with Mind Blade) Healing X, Limited to self, Temporary|3 points/rank
    Soulfeeder|Affliction X (Impaired -> Disabled ->Dying, resisted and overcome by Fortitude)|1 point/rank[/table]
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

SwashbucklerGuy

Badabing, Badaboom!

Cloaked Dancer
    Spoiler
    Show

Skills
    • Acrobatics
    • Athletics
    • Deception
    • Expertise (Dance)
    • Investigate
    • Persuade
    • Sleight of Hand

Advantages
    • Fascinate

Powers
    Sudden Strike|See Sneak Attack|See Sneak Attack
    Beguiling Dance|Affliction X (Dazed -> Stunned, resisted and overcome by Will), Limited Degree, Area Perception (sight), Selective|2 points/rank
    Wearying Dance|Affliction X (Fatigued -> Exhausted, resisted and overcome by Will), Limited Degree, Area Perception (sight), Selective|2 points/rank
    Frightful Dance|Affliction X (Impaired -> Shaken -> Compelled, resisted and overcome by Will), Area Perception (sight), Selective, Quirk -2: can only compel targets to flee|3 points/rank -2 points[/table]

Soulknife
    Spoiler
    Show

Skills
    • Acrobatics
    • Athletics
    • Expertise (Psionics)
    • Perception
    • Stealth

Advantages
    • Defensive Roll
    • Improved Aim
    • Precise Attack
    • Throwing Mastery
    • Agile Feint
    • Hide in Plain Sight

Powers
    Mind Blade|Damage X, Strength-based|1 point/rank
    Throw Mind Blade|Damage X, Ranged, Strength-based|1/rank up to Strength score, then 2/rank
    Psychic Strike|Enhanced Strength, Limited to Damage, Sustained|1 point/rank
    |Affliction X (Dazed -> Stunned -> Incapacitated, resisted and overcome by Will), linked to Mind Blade power|1 point/rank, plus the cost of Mind Blade
    |add Penetrating X to Mind Blade power|1 point/rank
    Psychic Strike activation|Add Activation (Move), Triggered (hit with a mind blade attack)|0 points
    Shape Mind Blade|add Variable Descriptor 1 (any physical) to Mind Blade power|1 point
    Speed of Thought|Speed X|1 point/rank
    Bladewind|add Multiattack to Mind Blade power|1 point/rank of Mind Blade
    Knife to the Soul|Weaken X (Intellect), Alternate Effects for Weaken (Awareness) and (Presence)|2 points + 1 point/rank, plus the cost of Mind Blade
    Multiple Throw|add Multiattack to Throw Mind Blade power|1 point/rank of Throw Mind Blade[/table]

Mind Blade Enhancements— all should be Linked to basic Mind Blade power. Be sure to take the original as an Alternate Effect
    Defending|Enhanced Advantage: Defensive Attack|1 point
    Keen|Enhanced Advantage: Improved Critical (Mind Blade) X|1 point/rank (max 4)
    Lucky|Enhanced Advantage: Luck|1 point/rank, to a maximum of ½ PL
    Mighty Cleaving|Enhanced Advantage: Takedown|1 point
    Psychokinetic|Move Object X, Close, Instantaneous Duration, limited to Away|1 point/3 ranks
    Sundering|Enhanced Advantage: Improved Smash|1 point
    Vicious|Enhanced Strength, Limited to Damage, Side Effect: on every hit, take damage equal to half the bonus from this power|1 point/2 ranks
    Collision|Move Object X, Close, Instantaneous Duration, limited to Away|1 point/3 ranks
    Mindcrusher|Weaken X (Psionic effects)|1 point/rank
    Suppression|Nullify X (magic), Broad, Simultaneous, Reduced Range|2 points/rank
    Wounding|Weaken X (Stamina)|1 point/rank
    Bodyfeeder|Reaction (hit with Mind Blade) Healing X, Limited to self, Temporary|3 points/rank
    Soulfeeder|Affliction X (Impaired -> Disabled ->Dying, resisted and overcome by Fortitude)|1 point/rank[/table]
    Wow, the Soulknife actually looks competent now. Of course it all matters on how it fairs in practice but I'll get to that hurdle when my time is better organized.

The Cloaked Dancer also looks really good; I always did feel that it's abilities could be put to good use. I'm guessing prerequisites won't be involved for now or is that something you have planned for PrCs in the future?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Glad you like 'em.

I'm guessing prerequisites won't be involved for now or is that something you have planned for PrCs in the future?
    You have guessed correctly-- I see no reason to distinguish between PrCs and base classes. No reason to distinguish between classes at all, really-- the lists of powers I've done here are more like suggestions-- "here's how you emulate 3.5 most closely." Want your barbarian to be able to jump a hundred feet while raging? Want your paladin to grow wings? Want your fighter to be able to turn peasants into warriors? All are possible-- that's the beauty of M&M.
    Hill Giant Games
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Please elaborate on the "turning peasants to warriors" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!