New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: "Under the Red Sky" IC Pathfinder E6

After Tysalat heals people, and explains what happens. You all retire for the night. You wake up the morning and go down into the common area there is a few patrons and the innkeeper serving people.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

My homebrew:

Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

(PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BarnabasBailey View Post
    Maechus dropped a pair of coppers, honestly surprised at how much cheaper it was than he thought, and retired to his room to change into sleeping clothes. Maechus knew from experience that trying to sleep in leather armor tended to chafe.

As he removed his shirt, he winced as the leather moved over his arm. He took a moment to glance down at the gash on his arm, which apparently still bugged him after the fight. How come he did not notice it up until now? It must have been all the excitement that allowed him to...

He was brought back to reality by a knock at his door. Quietly, he moved to open the door. "Mister Tysalat? Come in, come in." He stepped aside to allow the cleric in, clutching at his arm absently. "You spoke to the Keeper? What did they say?"
    Tyslalat

Tyslalat sees how Maechus is holding his arm. Let me take care of that first.

Tyslalat invokes the healing of the lord and touches his arm. That should do it.

They didn't say an awful lot. They were thankful and spoke of some legend of creatures that call themselves the messengers that work for the banished one, but we can speak of this tomorrow.

They also gave us some gold and I will share that with the party tomorrow.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Caelain groans and rouses himself from his rest.
    Well at least I was not woken by Tybalt seeking breakfast... Oh no...
    Caelain rushes over to the corpses and discovers that a good chunk of the rats' innards are missing.
    I guess I should have expected that... Stupid cat.
    Caelain stumbles over to the furry lump atop the wagon and prods at it a couple times. Tybalt opens one eye and regards Caelain with a bored expression for a moment before stretching and slinking down from his ersatz bed.
    I suppose I should meet with the others... I need to stop doing this; I am exhausted... At least I have good notes.
    Caelain staggers out into the pale morning light, headed for the inn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like one, that on a lonesome road
    Doth walk in fear and dread,
    And having once turned round walks on,
    And turns no more his head;
    Because he knows, a frightful fiend
    Doth close behind him tread.
    The Rime of the Ancient Mariner -- Samuel Coleridge Taylor

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274

Goblin

Kona emerged from her room in a far better state than that in which she had entered it; her flames were burning high and with them her spirits. She entered the common room with a wide smile on her face, obtaining breakfast from the innkeeper and intercepting Caelain as he staggered into the room.
    Morning! How did things go with the keepers? And whatever it was you were doing with that kobold? All well, I hope.

5. - Top - End - #275

Tyslalat

Good morning Kona. You look well rested and in high spirits...Caelain, I wish I could say the same for you. What happened?
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

6. - Top - End - #276

HalflingRogueGuy

Upon hearing Kona and Tysalat, Caelain's head jerks up from the ground and he manages to get out of his stupor... kinda.
    I'm fine... I learned a lot from my dissections... Just a bit tired... Please tell me this godforsaken place has coffee...
    Caelain stumbles past them in the general direction of the counter. Tybalt throws a reproachful look at Caelain and begins to wind around Tysalat's and Kona's ankles purring, as if in apology for his companion's lack of social grace.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277

Tysalat

Tysalat smiles at the cat.

I informed the keepers of the events, our actions and findings and they were thankful and presented me with 200 gp and said there was some legend about something called messangers, but they were unsure of more.

Tysalat puts the bag of gold on the table. 40 gold each i assume.

8. - Top - End - #278

HalflingRogueGuy

Caelain slowly walks back over to the party with his hands wrapped around his coffee cup.
    Although my mental capabilities are still functioning somewhat below capacity, I receive the answer fifty upon dividing the two-hundred gold pieces amongst the four of us that were present in the crypt.
    Upon saying this, he bends down to pet Tybalt. Tilting his head back up towards Kona, he continues.
    The dissections went well, thank you for asking. Is the food here any good?
    He ponders his half-empty cup for a moment before murmuring,
    I will need more coffee, too...
    Last edited by White_Drake; 2013-05-21 at 04:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

"So the messengers are some kind of organization?" Maechus flipped to the next page of his book without looking up. "That makes about as much sense as the ghoul being a literal messenger, I suppose. Especially since they did an awful job conveying any actual message other than 'die.'"

The chapter on maintaining proper stance and footwork; just what he was looking for. Perhaps it had some sort of provision for being attacked by the undead. "So, what's the plan, then? If nobody at the table knows about the messengers, and the Keepers do not know, is it even worth asking arou-oh, so that's what they meant by that..." He looked up, closing his book. "Sorry. Like I was saying, perhaps our time would be better served if we continued on our way to New Orcus. It's more likely to have information on something like this. Not to mention, we still have a caravan to bring in."
    Totally awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

10. - Top - End - #280

HalflingRogueGuy

I agree with Maechus. We gain nothing by remaining here, and the people in New Orcus go hungry. Perhaps once we reach the city we can check its libraries for any mention of these "messengers".
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281

Tysalat

They didn't say organization as I recall, but I agree that we should move on for now.

12. - Top - End - #282

Goblin

Kona had to fight to stop her jaw from dropping at the figure Tysalat named. She'd been given three gold and a mess of silver on setting out and it had been more money than she'd seen at once in her entire life and here they were speaking casually about ten times as much. She found her eyes lingering on the coin pouch as she spoke, images of massive piles of gold passing strangely through her mind.
    Yes, right. We should move on. Of course.

13. - Top - End - #283

Tylsalat

Tylsalat takes the coins out and forms them into four piles of 50 coins each.

Take your share then lets eat and prepare ourselves and head out.

14. - Top - End - #284

HalflingRogueGuy

Caelain looks mournfully at the small stack of gold on the table before sweeping it into his purse.
    Well, it's nothing compared to what I had back in Oston, but it's a start.
    With the caffeine working in his system, Caelain has finally regained some of his usual composure. He strolls up to the counter.
    Barkeep! I will have whatever dish you are serving for breakfast, and another cup of coffee.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285

Goblin

Kona scoops up her pile of coins almost immediately and deposits them in various places in her backpack and coin purse.
    I'll get the carts ready to travel.
    Kona heads out to the stables to make ready.

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Saidoro View Post
    Kona scoops up her pile of coins almost immediately and deposits them in various places in her backpack and coin purse.
    I'll get the carts ready to travel.
    Kona heads out to the stables to make ready.
    You find the carts where you left them. The horses are being tended to by a group of Keepers. When they see you approaching they tell you that the horses have been fed and groomed, and are ready for travel.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

My homebrew:

17. - Top - End - #287

HalflingRogueGuy

Caelain meticulously wipes his fingers clean with a pocket handkerchief before replacing it in his coat and rising from his seat.
    Is everyone prepared for departure?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

Tylsalat

I am ready.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Maechus had his nose once again buried in his book, reading up on the points he had already pored over many times since his adventure began. "Ready as I'll ever be, I suppose. I'll suppose I'll be taking the reins once more."

Maechus stepped out to the stables, giving the horses a quick glance before moving up to one of them. "We'll be in New Orcus soon. I'd appreciate it if you would behave until then." With a sigh, he alighted the cart, taking the reins. "Shall we be off, Miss Briggs?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ride check: (1d20+5)[17]

20. - Top - End - #290

Goblin

Absolutely.
    Kona climbed aboard another of the carts and took up the reins.
    Let's get going.

21. - Top - End - #291

Tylsalat

Tylsalat walks towards the front of the caravan keeping an eye out for danger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness (1d20+4)[15]

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by BarnabasBailey View Post
    Maechus had his nose once again buried in his book, reading up on the points he had already pored over many times since his adventure began. "Ready as I'll ever be, I suppose. I'll suppose I'll be taking the reins once more."

Maechus stepped out to the stables, giving the horses a quick glance before moving up to one of them. "We'll be in New Orcus soon. I'd appreciate it if you would behave until then." With a sigh, he alighted the cart, taking the reins. "Shall we be off, Miss Briggs?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ride check: [roll0]
    The horses do not give you a problem as you direct them with skill.

My homebrew:

23. - Top - End - #293

As we submitted the hill, my eye fell on the city New Orcus for the first time in the morning sun. For the first time I saw beauty in the ways of the surface dwellers. No words of mine could truly do justice to the dazzling display of New Orcus in the early hours of the morning. Lights danced and colors without name came to life and died unnamed. New Orcus our last line of defense against the enemy. Hopefully the lights of the city will not blind those within as the enemy reaches their gates.
    -High Emperor Tomack of Abany

Your journey south is met without challenge. You travel through the forest and up a hill coming to the top you see below you the City of New Orcus. It is mid-day now. You see a beautiful city with huge white walls. Three skyscrapers stand out amount the city. You make your way down the hill. As the hill levels out you see metallic post spaced out at 50 yard intervals that do not seem to have a purpose.

You pass between them and reach the outline farms of the city. The farms are small and the fields dirt is dry and cracked.

You finally reach the gates just before dinner time. Their is a squad of blackblades guarding the gates. They do not take an interest in you carts as they roll through.

You see the a bustling city of all sorts of people walking about. People selling wares just inside the gate. You are struck by the noise of people haggling, chatting, and debating about local politics.

My homebrew:

24. - Top - End - #294

HalflingRogueGuy

Caelain smiles; he is back in his element.
    Do we have any specific location this shipment is to be delivered unto?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Goblin

As the city came into view Kona stared in open amazement. It was by far the largest city she had ever seen. On seeing the small farmlands she is torn between pity for their sorry state and pride that her home was so much larger and more productive. In the end her petty side won out and she bore a large grin as she passed through the fields. Within the gates her point of focus is in constant motion as she tries to absorb everything about her. Caelain's speech
    does recall her attention though, as she remembers that there are still tasks to complete.
    We could ask around. Vaul likely had some sort of contact who he was meant to deliver to, it can't be too hard to find who it is.

26. - Top - End - #296

Tylsalat

Tylsalat looks at the city laid out before them. He has yet to be in any settlement nearly this size and wonders what it will be like.

That sounds like a good idea, though I am inclined to believe we should avoid telling people Vaul is dead at first.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

Maechus rubbed his eyes with one hand. Finally, New Orcus. The end of this whole rigamarole was in sight. Maybe now his luck might turn around, and his quest might take a few right turns. "I disagree, Mister Tysalat. We gain nothing by hiding Sir Vaul's fate, and it occurs to me that perhaps we should bring ourselves to the authorities as soon as possible and let them know the caravan's fate. It is more than likely that they should be able to help us locate our employer, or at least point us in the direction of where the trade caravans do their business. Frankly, the sooner we can unburden ourselves of this contract, the sooner we can get on with our lives."

28. - Top - End - #298

Tylsalat

I am simply concerned with people trying to take advantage of the situation.

29. - Top - End - #299

Goblin

Kona hadn't considered deception on the part of whoever they asked, but on consideration it fit perfectly with all the warnings her family and neighbors had given her about the city.
    Wel we should be safe enough asking the Black Blades, right? We could start there.
    Kona gestured to the nearest guard as she spoke.

30. - Top - End - #300

Tylsalat

Tylsalat ponders this for a moment. That seems a good idea.