New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: "Under the Red Sky" IC Pathfinder E6

Quote Originally Posted by White_Drake View Post
    Caelain looks nonplussed for a moment, and slowly responds to Tysalat. ...I had not thought of that. I'll see if I can find the leader of this place. Although it galls him to have to ask permission to conduct his experiments, Caelain doesn't find the prospect of another mob calling for his exile pleasant. He strides out into the twilit compound, headed for the large building near its center.
    The building is a large wooden temple with simple cravings depicting different Warden Images and Myths. People wearing blue robes are milling around preforming different day to day task, herding farm animals, preparing food, etc . There is a large double door that's open leading into the temple.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

My homebrew:

Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

(PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

While Caelain goes to ask permission for his experiments, Rupert heads to the inn. He's spent a good part of his life in establishments like this, and right now he want little more than a stiff drink on someone else's tab, and the attention of his peers.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Caelain strides through the temple's open doors, looking around for someone who appears to be in a position of power.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like one, that on a lonesome road
    Doth walk in fear and dread,
    And having once turned round walks on,
    And turns no more his head;
    Because he knows, a frightful fiend
    Doth close behind him tread.
    The Rime of the Ancient Mariner -- Samuel Coleridge Taylor

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Maechus nodded, getting the horses free of the carts and leading them to the stables. Finally. The end of the day was in sight. Just a few more mundane little chores to do, a few more loose ends to tie up, and he would be safe. Well, safe-ish. It... was probably best for his sanity if he could just forget the dangers that lurked in the woods around them. At least, not while he was in the state he was in.

With the horses securely away, he was off to the inn. He needed... something. Food, water, somewhere to fall down and sleep for a week? Probably best to get all that done in order. He took a moment to look about the in, coming in a moment or two behind Rupert, to see what kind of accommodations he was looking at.
    Totally awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

5. - Top - End - #125

Goblin

Kona heads back to the carts, making sure everything is covered in case of rain before returning to rejoin Tysalat in the courtyard.
    Probably best to find your dinner now, they won't be keeping much warm this late and the others are already headed that way. Sounds like we can't do the funerals for a bit anyway.

6. - Top - End - #126

The Inn: The sign outside displays a golden Boar. On the inside is a large common area much like ones you've seen before. It is busy, large amount of people are sitting around drinking, or playing cards. The bartender is busy serving drinks to people. The are stairs going up to a balcony that has many doors on the second story.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

My homebrew:

7. - Top - End - #127

Caelain strides through the temple's open doors, looking around for someone who appears to be in a position of power.
    The inside of the temple is much different than the humble outside. Inside looks like it has been converted into a war room of sorts. There is a large table with maps displayed in a disorganized manner. The furniture looks expensive and a banner of blue with a green orb that represents the Keepers is hanged from every wall. At the head of the table is an elf woman dressed in fine blue robes. People seem to be reporting to her.

My homebrew:

8. - Top - End - #128

HalflingRogueGuy

Walking up to room's main table, Caelain waits for a pause in the conversation before interjecting his piece. Excuse me, I am a traveler staying at the inn, and I need to know the local laws on a certain subject.Turning to the elf woman, he continues. You seem to have the requisite authority to clarify the matter.
    Last edited by White_Drake; 2013-04-21 at 10:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tysalat

Tysalat nods to Kona and smiles. You're right. Lets go and see about some food.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Rupert approaches the bartender and orders an ale, and then does his best to engage the patrons in conversation, recounting the story of the ambush, with especial emphasis on the heroics of Maechus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten on Perform Oratory, for a total of eighteen, trying to convince the bar patrons to buy Maechus drinks.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Maechus sat down at one of the nearest tables. What a day. He looked around, spotting Rupert talking with a group of people. Well, at least he was enjoying himself. Maechus seemed to remember Rupert calling himself a bard or something during the trip. That sounded like a nice job. Telling stories, entertaining people... it all sounded so...

Wait. What was he talking about? Was he... talking about Maechus? Playing him up like some kind of hero? Maechus' face burned as he hopped to his feet. "No. No, no, no..." He strode over to Rupert, mortified. "Stop that. I didn't... Mister Hawkins? Mister Hawkins!"

12. - Top - End - #132

Goblin

Kona nodded to Tysalat and set off towards the inn, keeping stride with the taller man. She turned slightly to face him as she walked and began talking.
    So, do you guard caravans for a living or were you just getting some coin on the way to New Orcus?

13. - Top - End - #133

Walking up to room's main table, Caelain waits for a pause in the conversation before interjecting his piece. Excuse me, I am a traveler staying at the inn, and I need to know the local laws on a certain subject.Turning to the elf woman, he continues. You seem to have the requisite authority to clarify the matter.
    The elven woman pauses and regards you for a long moment. When she speaks she speaks slowly, and with a voice of authority. "I am the Head Keeper of this camp. You may ask your question."

My homebrew:

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by JackRose View Post
    Rupert approaches the bartender and orders an ale, and then does his best to engage the patrons in conversation, recounting the story of the ambush, with especial emphasis on the heroics of Maechus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten on Perform Oratory, for a total of eighteen, trying to convince the bar patrons to buy Maechus drinks.
    People seem impressed with your tale of heroics, and a couple of people offer to buy you a drink for more stories.

My homebrew:

15. - Top - End - #135

Tysalat

Tysalat smiles at Kona. I seek to travel in general, learn of the world and protect people, but coin is always useful.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

16. - Top - End - #136

Goblin

Kona half leads the way into the inn, keeping up the conversation while ambling towards the head of the room.
    That it is. You seemed really on top of things after the attack so I thought you might have done something like this before. I was along for about the same reason, I needed to get to New Orcus for some family business, but they couldn't give me much money, just supplies, so I couldn't pay my way as a passenger.
    Reaching her destination, Kona turned from her comrade to face the bartender.
    We just got in and need some dinner. What have you got?

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Saidoro View Post
    Kona half leads the way into the inn, keeping up the conversation while ambling towards the head of the room.
    That it is. You seemed really on top of things after the attack so I thought you might have done something like this before. I was along for about the same reason, I needed to get to New Orcus for some family business, but they couldn't give me much money, just supplies, so I couldn't pay my way as a passenger.
    Reaching her destination, Kona turned from her comrade to face the bartender.
    We just got in and need some dinner. What have you got?
    "We have a mutton stew. It's not the best, but it's what we got." Replies the bartender."

My homebrew:

18. - Top - End - #138

HalflingRogueGuy

Caelain takes a moment to carefully arrange his response. The caravan I was hired to guard, a shipment of food to New Orcus, was ambushed by kobolds. We suffered losses, and the rest of my party is at the inn. I have two cadavers--one kobold, and one dire rat, which they were using as an attack animal--which I intend to study. In view of your hospitality, I thought it best to bring the matter to your attention, and to ascertain whether you had an objection. Also, I hoped to ask where such a matter could be carried out. I doubt that any possible stains would complement your inn's décor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy (1d20+2)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

"And in addition to his other virtues, it seems he's modest, too," concluded Rupert, as Maechus interjected. He pushed one of the drinks offered him towards the swordsman, and turned back to his audience. "So I'll take my next tale from a more historical genre. How many of you have heard the tale of Count Vasron's Construct Wife?"

Without waiting for much a reply, he launches into the bawdy, innuendo laced tale, usually a favorite with a drinking crowd.
    Last edited by JackRose; 2013-04-22 at 05:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Caelain takes a moment to carefully arrange his response. The caravan I was hired to guard, a shipment of food to New Orcus, was ambushed by kobolds. We suffered losses, and the rest of my party is at the inn. I have two cadavers--one kobold, and one dire rat, which they were using as an attack animal--which I intend to study. In view of your hospitality, I thought it best to bring the matter to your attention, and to ascertain whether you had an objection. Also, I hoped to ask where such a matter could be carried out. I doubt that any possible stains would complement your inn's décor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy [roll0]
    She takes a hard long look at you. After a long pause she speaks "are you a doctor?"

My homebrew:

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

"Mister Hawkins! I..." Maechus started to protest, but stopped when he saw the drink in front of him. He could swear his face was raising the temperature of the room as he took the mug. "Um... Thanks, that's..." He spent a moment nursing his free drink, then piped up again. "Mister..." It came out hardly at all, so it was no surprise he was drowned out by Rupert going into another story.

Maechus scowled, turning over to the bartender. "I'll have some of that stew, please."

22. - Top - End - #142

Goblin

Kona nods at Maechus as he approaches and speaks to the bartender after he orders.
    The same for me, thanks.

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by JackRose View Post
    "And in addition to his other virtues, it seems he's modest, too," concluded Rupert, as Maechus interjected. He pushed one of the drinks offered him towards the swordsman, and turned back to his audience. "So I'll take my next tale from a more historical genre. How many of you have heard the tale of Count Vasron's Construct Wife?"

Without waiting for much a reply, he launches into the bawdy, innuendo laced tale, usually a favorite with a drinking crowd.
    The crowd seems to enjoy the story hooting at all the right points.

My homebrew:

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by Saidoro View Post
    Kona nods at Maechus as he approaches and speaks to the bartender after he orders.
    The same for me, thanks.
    The bartender hurrily takes your order for you both and moves on to the next customer. Moments later a barmaid comes out with your stew.

My homebrew:

25. - Top - End - #145

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    She takes a hard long look at you. After a long pause she speaks "are you a doctor?"
    I can provide healing to those in need.
    Last edited by White_Drake; 2013-04-29 at 03:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

Tysalat

Tysalat orders the same dish as well and joins the group at the table.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Maechus managed a smile in Kona's direction as he set about eating his stew. "Well, this has turned into a fine adventure, hasn't it?" He tried, and failed, to keep the heaviness out of that statement. "Fine one moment, in mortal danger the next. Now... here we are, safe as we were when we started. Such is the nature of the job, I suppose."

Mentally, he checked himself. He was starting to bring himself down with talk like that. Perhaps if he changed the subject. "So, Miss Briggs, Mister..." He paused for a second; he could not remember ever getting Tysalat's last name. "...Tysalat. You are both headed for New Orcus for something other than this job as well, correct? Would you mind if I asked what? I don't mean to impose, that is, but... well, I figured it might be nice to ask. For conversation's sake and everything."

28. - Top - End - #148

I can provide healing to those in need.
    A long pause as she looks thoughtfuly passed you. She turns her attention back to the pappers as she addresses you "I'm sorry if you misunderstood the question. I'm not looking for a man that can heal. We of the Keepers can heal when nessary." She look up at you "However we have a bit of a mystery on our hands here, and by the nature of you question I figure you might be able to help out." Another long pause. "As it stands we of the Keepers believe that a body must be intack or at least as much as possible for the person to return to nature, but I was thinking maybe we could exchange favors by looking the other way, if you could look into something for us that's beyond our expertise."

My homebrew:

29. - Top - End - #149

Goblin

Kona tested the soup with her thumb as Maechus spoke, indicating assent at the appropriate points. She lifted the bowl to face level and blew across the stew's surface, steam suddenly rising from the bowl as she did so. The girl began to stir the stew and spoke.
    My family sent me off to deal with some politics in the city. I need to find someone to talk to about the upcoming Keeper distributions.
    Having said her piece Kona turned back to her stew, blowing once more across it, sending a small cloud of steam at those she was eating with in doing so, and then taking a large mouthful of the near scalding liquid directly from the bowl.

30. - Top - End - #150

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    A long pause as she looks thoughtfuly passed you. She turns her attention back to the pappers as she addresses you "I'm sorry if you misunderstood the question. I'm not looking for a man that can heal. We of the Keepers can heal when nessary." She look up at you "However we have a bit of a mystery on our hands here, and by the nature of you question I figure you might be able to help out." Another long pause. "As it stands we of the Keepers believe that a body must be intack or at least as much as possible for the person to return to nature, but I was thinking maybe we could exchange favors by looking the other way, if you could look into something for us that's beyond our expertise."
    As he picked up on the meaning behind the Keeper's words, Caelain resisted the urge to grin. People were always the same. I have made my life a study of how the body works. Might I be so bold as to inquire to the nature of your question?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show