New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLV

"Wise man," Trent says, conveniently dropping some coins on the bar as he climbs back over it. (Hey, he is paying.)

Then he just walks over and tries to jam that dagger, with all its antimagic properties, into the Grandfather's chest. Stab stab. "You? Not so wise."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, by the time Trent lays his coin down, he'll notice The Grandfather disappears. He's attempting to teleport.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately, Trent can't do anything to stop that. He lacks teleport shenanigans, or anti-teleport shenanigans. "...Well."

He proceeds to put a laser shot each into the fallen guardians just to be sure.

"Boo. Oh well, can't be a doom cult without recruits."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess someone should notify Watchtower so they can get their cult-stomping boots on," Dipsnig says as his crossbow folds back in and he puts it against the bar.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Coconut Bee? I hope this island doesn't get his name for Coconut size Bee's." she sais to Atorre-Derek
    "No. The bees and coconuts are both of their ordinary size. The people who named it were not..terribly creative."

"Excuse me old man, but the way you tell it he is the god of destruction, since he only looks when to throw his cataclysm. You may tell him that caring for the seed may prevent growing bad."

She really dislikes distruction, but she can't stop it expect with words.
    Atorre turns to glare at Grandfather when he speaks. Two destruction cultists in one afternoon? He stands as the fight progresses, increasingly concerned. "I'll help you. Let-" But as he starts to walk, the man's already gone. He closes his eyes, and tries to reach outside of himself and sense what the man used to escape, and if possible, where it took him.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I don't like bee's either way, the noise they make drives me crazy. Hmm... maybe this is a reason why I stayed."

Then Mika covers behind the table, just to avoid getting into that fight. She looks shocked at Attore." You.. You wanted to help the old man?" She may be friendly to everyone, but people calling out destruction like an apocalypse are not on her list.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Atorre will find that the man had meant to teleport to somewhere in Outside, but due to his severe injury, didn't quite make it. He's outside of Trog's, in an ally, leaning on the wall and praying.

8. - Top - End - #308

"I don't like bee's either way, the noise they make drives me crazy. Hmm... maybe this is a reason why I stayed."
    "The bees stay in the jungle, except for a few days during swarm season. Nothing to worry about."

When he noted her hiding behind the table, Atorre'd have tried to stay between her and the cultists.

Then Mika covers behind the table, just to avoid getting into that fight. She looks shocked at Attore." You.. You wanted to help the old man?" She may be friendly to everyone, but people calling out destruction like an apocalypse are not on her list.
    He opens his eyes again. "He was clearly a crazy honorless piece of scum, but I didn't want him to die." Atorre-Derrik shakes his head. "Maybe you're right. I was going to go look for him. Maybe..." He pauses as his pendant flickers. "...keep this from happening again."

"Meet you by the docks in a little while, to show you the way to the island?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Atorre will find that the man had meant to teleport to somewhere in Outside, but due to his severe injury, didn't quite make it. He's outside of Trog's, in an ally, leaning on the wall and praying.
    If no one objects, the man will make his way out of the Tavern, to where he has sensed Grandfather.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Alley

The Grandfather finishes his prayer and grimaces as his wounds heal a bit, all though he's still hurt. That would have been the death of him. He stands up and coughs as the other man sees him. Come to finish me? It's sad you younger folk would so completely disrespect your elders... Who are you and yours to judge and condemn my religion, simply because your kind holds the majority? I wasn't hurting anyone...

10. - Top - End - #310

"I.. I don't say it was the best way to deal with him, but he ask for an apocalypse. Such people are teh worst around here."

Maybe Attore notice how much she dislikes this man only for one statement. At least Attore knows why she acts like this.

11. - Top - End - #311

[Just before Leaving]

Atorre pauses for a second, and nods slowly. "I understand". He thinks back to the apocalyptic cult that attacked his friends when he first came here, and nods again, quick, before stepping outside.

[Alleyway]

Atorre balls up a fist and swings at Grandfather. "Do you even hear yourself!? We all saw you lie to that man and attack him with your 'holy' spells." He punches at the man again, but clearly thinks Grandfather isn't worth trying to hurt.
    "And who do you think you're calling you? I've seen a hundred and forty years, you judgmental fool! Quite an act, too, to scorn our beliefs as lies, and then play the persecuted martyr."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-05-25 at 10:06 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Alley

The Grandfather is on is feet, and dodges the punches. He's pretty fast, and very agile for someone his age. Lie to that man? What did I lie about, hm? And, my child, I've been around much longer than you have. I can call mostly anyone here child, save Gods and other immortals. I live forever! Until I am killed... Pulveris is a good and giving god, and gifts his most loyal servant with immortality... Proof once more he is a righteous god! I payed the price once more from a corrupt society... How can side with that clearly insane veteran, instead of a preacher of a humble church?

13. - Top - End - #313

[Alley]

"Out of breath? You were afraid." Atorre approaches him, slowly, all hint of violence gone suddenly.
    "Are not the demons in hell and other servants of evil immortal, as you? Some proof. You are not humble. Pray no one more exacting calls you on the use of the word. I suspect that the day you will be killed is fast approaching."
    "Let the end Pulveris brings come in its own time. Try to usher it in, and your faith will be ground to dust, until his very name is forgotten. I'm going to let you go; looks like your healing factor will take care of you. Don't waste this chance."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Alley]

"Out of breath? You were afraid." Atorre approaches him, slowly, all hint of violence gone suddenly.
    "Are not the demons in hell and other servants of evil immortal, as you? Some proof. You are not humble. Pray no one more exacting calls you on the use of the word. I suspect that the day you will be killed is fast approaching."
    "Let the end Pulveris brings come in its own time. Try to usher it in, and your faith will be ground to dust, until his very name is forgotten. I'm going to let you go; looks like your healing factor will take care of you. Don't waste this chance."
    The Grandfather nods and speaks slowly. I was out of breath, and afraid. I was attacked for no reason. See, son, angels live forever as well. Am I a demon or an angel, my child? I have done nothing wrong, and I have never injured anyone who didn't attack first. I have nothing to fear, I have authority on my side. I've done nothing wrong.

His end is coming, sir. But not until society has completely fallen. Your existence is teetering on the edge of a sharp knife. For he is judging you, every one of you, always. My child, I do not usher anything.
    his words are buttery, and has the effect of a suggestion spell.

15. - Top - End - #315

As Atorre heads outside, Mika heads for Trent and Dispnig.

"Excuse me," she says a bit intimidated by the scene that just happened. "My friend here went out for that 'Grandfather' man. Could you please take a look after him? I fear he might get killed by this old man and his silly thoughts."

16. - Top - End - #316

"He could tell your fear and the deceit behind it. You were attacked for your lies."
    Atorre laughs at the buttery words.
    "He is judging me? What of? I judge him, your Pulveris, and find him sorely wanting. You are a demon to be sure. But it's not my place to hunt demons when they're cowering in a dark alley. Just see that you stay here."
    Then he turns to walk away. The man is too persuasive, even when he shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-05-27 at 09:27 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

There's that mad glint in Trent's eyes again. "Did he now? Where exactly did he go?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #318

"He walked outside, but I didn't followed him. I don't want to et this old guy again."
    She points at the door Attore went, which should lead right outside of the Tavern.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Trent sighs as if disappointed. "Ain't anything I can do unless I know where exactly the bastard teleported off to. Since your friend didn't share, 'fraid I can't do crap about it. Would if I could. Freakin' teleporters can go right to hell."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #320

"Oh." Mika looks down sad feeling that she did something wrong there. "Just thought since he rush it couldn't be far away."

She then bos slightly. "Excuse me for wasting your time." and heads back to her drink, slowly niping on the glass.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

The Grandfather sighs and speaks. What lies? I did not lie, my boy. Yes, he is judging your soul, your good deeds... Measuring everyone's good deeds over bad... And when the majority of people's deeds are evil, and criminal... He destroys them all. What can't your young mins grasp, boy? I am the Pope of my religion, the leader... The idea!

22. - Top - End - #322

Atorre keeps walking away, and with just a laugh at Grandfather, is gone around the end of the alley.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

The Grandfather is very much unhappy with how this all turned out, and decided to take out a bit of his anger. Humilis viri orpotet abeo in Pulveris' appello. Flamma accipere suus animositas! Extermino! He'll walk around the back and sides of the wooden inn, slowly... and quietly. No one should be able to see him. He appears to have summoned oil in a bowl he takes from a pocket. This was his scrying bowl which he usually filled with water. This time, it is filled with magical oil, which refills. He drips it at the sides of the inn before moving away into a separate alley. He casts a spell of normal Hellfire, which burns very hot. It lights up the inn, so those inside who want to roleplay a building burning down will suddenly feel the temperature rise...

On the Trog's Tavern sign, the words in fire read "Decessus ad maleficus!"

He'll then teleport away.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-05-28 at 06:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324

[Entering]

Atorre-Derrik returns, looking annoyed but unharmed.
    "He walked off down the alley. Hopefully we won't see him anytime soon, but I don't think he learned anything by almost dying. Stupid fanatics. He didn't even seem to notice that his two followers died." It's just appalling. He goes to slump back into a chair, and asks for another drink. Nothing alcoholic, but the glass helps with feeling bitter.

Then he looks up to Mika. "You're right. People like that are simply the worst."

((Probably he'll notice the heat in a post or two, as this would be about the same time or a little earlier than Grandfather's arson. But maybe it'll be right away)).

The cowled barmaid delivers a glass of juice, and looks around curiously once she gets back behind the bar. The place feels a bit warmer than it should. Eh, probably just Nexus weather.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #325

Well, since poring enougth oil around the building should take time, Mika won't feel the heat for several turns, but as the oil gets dripsed Mika looks up and smells around.

"It smells different. Like someone spill oil around."
    Mika says. After all she is a Kitsune so her cent is much better then humans have.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

Somebody else enters the tavern. They're a man with dark brown hair and green eyes wearing a red shirt and brown trousers, with a polished steel crow bar thrust through a belt loop. On his wrist is a Pipboy personal computer with a large green screen and polished aluminium case. The man will find somewhere near the bar and sit down.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig undeadtimes, having moved to the non-smoking section, which is unaffected by the fire.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #328

"Oil? Where from?" Atorre takes in a deep breath of the Tavern air, and doesn't manage to smell anything.
    "Hah. I can't notice it yet." He does start to look around curiously, as though he would see the source of the smell.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Somebody else enters the tavern. They're a man with dark brown hair and green eyes wearing a red shirt and brown trousers, with a polished steel crow bar thrust through a belt loop. On his wrist is a Pipboy personal computer with a large green screen and polished aluminium case. The man will find somewhere near the bar and sit down.
    Krayger the minotaur is still sitting at his table with an ale at the Non-Smoking section, which is very close to the bar. He gives a friendly wave to the man as he walks in, as he tends to do.
    He's currently dressed as he usually is, just a pair of think black pants, his brown-furred chest bare. His prominent muzzle is very much a bull's head and looks somewhat natural, rather than the twisted face some worlds' minotaurs have. He might be able to hear the slight clopping of his hooves tapping on the floor.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

Bramble, the red-clad man, will smile and wave back at the minotaur, before deciding to move and sit with the bull-man. "Do you mind if I sit here?" He seems a bit nervous, but more of his surroundings than of Krayger.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!