New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLV

Cal takes one more pull from his drink before standing up and helping to support the barmaid (has she said her name yet?). It's bad practice to waste good beer, after all.
    He really hopes the flames don't singe his duster. Oh, and that she's okay, that too.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-04-16 at 11:19 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Thank you." The bartender, who has not given a name yet, tries to stand on their own, but ends up leaning heavily on them.

Although it's slow, it's pretty apparent that as the flames at her feet go down, and are replaced with unnatural dark flames, she's getting worse. Leaving might not actually be the best plan.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Iamar slows up a bit. "What is your condition?" she asks upon noticing the flames at the barmaid's feet changing. "Perhaps you should sit down."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Cal looks worried, and just a little helpless. "I think so, too. You're going to have to help me out to help you; where I come from people aren't on fire on a regular basis and I'm kinda at a loss here."

5. - Top - End - #35

The barmaid does stop and sit down, at his suggestions. "Right. It's fairly uncommon where I'm from also. I thought I was just ill, but the flames are...they are wrong." She sounds terrified by that concept.
    "My condition? These flames are attached to me. We depend on each other. If I'm hurt they're dim, and now the reverse?, but nothing should be able to effect them."
    The barmaid holds out a hand, palm up. She clearly expects something to happen...but it doesn't.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for skipping you Orchestrahc, but Marty notices something important.

He sees the barmaids fire at her feet, normally he would ignore the weirdness that comes out of Trog's, but...black fire. He stands up and reaches into his coat extremely fast, Elio might not get to react in time. He speaks. You! Wielder of dark fire! BLACK fire! HELLFIRE! Your kind did this to me! His hood falls back revealing his horribly gruesome face, and he pulls the pistol from his coat, immediately firing at her chest.

7. - Top - End - #37

Elio may not react to Marty pulling out a pistol, but Iamar certainly does. She is more than quick enough to put herself in the line of fire between him and the barmaid, and the stealth armor beneath her robes is able to block the shot. "Lower your weapon and give yourself up!" She shouts, grabbing the hilt of her sword with one hand and preparing to extend her hidden blade.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunfight! Back in his element!
    Cal actually ignores his heavy rifle and goes straight for the revolver at his hip; he's got a pretty fast draw. His .45's barrel is trained directly between Marty's eyes. His face is not much worse than the Ghouls he's talked to.
    "How about we all take a step back from things and calm down? You don't know this woman, and you've got nothing to prove that she has ANYTHING to do with the sap who nailed you. So just take a second to think about this before you get yourself killed."

9. - Top - End - #39

"What the <censored> are you talking about?" The barmaid thought she left had behind the days when people randomly shot at her long ago.

She sort of fails to dive out of her seat, behind Iamar, and ends up falling. Looking around desperately, she remembers the little-used fireplace of Trog's, whose flames immediately flare up, threatening to escape their little enclosure.

"There's no one of my kind except...something's happened to my family, hasn't it? That's why the flames are hurt."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-04-17 at 12:10 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie continues to sit at the bar. She also tries to instantly calm Marty by draining any anger or negative emotions from him temporarily. She doubts that she will be able to drain it all, but maybe enough to calm him down some and stop him from shooting. She does eye the flames nervously.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mika shakes off her deadtime and waves at the people in the bar. She stops as she notice that most people are caught in another fight and just nips on her Nuke Cola
    Mika appears as a young human woman, but some things are different. The obviously is that she has no human ears. Instead she got fox ears on top of her head and a tail on her back swings left and right. Maybe people know what a Kitsune is, because she is one.

Last edited by Zefir; 2013-04-17 at 06:40 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #42

Dragon table

Um, okay, that still doesn't tell me where you got the dragon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

13. - Top - End - #43

Surprised at Marty's outburst, Elio is unable to stop the initial bullet. "Marty!" Elio is on him immediately. Ripping his hat off his thinly covered head he attempts to block the gun with the his hat, he very much doubts any mere bullet will go through. He also attempts to seize Marty by the arm, and very firmly tells him to "Calm the hell down."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty shoots the gun, and I suppose it never gets past Elio's magical hat! The bullet fires into the hat, and probably rolls out harmlessly. Marty breathes in heavily and looks at the men with weapons pointed at him. He speaks out. Y-You d-don't understand. Those f-flames are unique. Black fire, Fearblaze. A special fire that feeds on the fear of the v-victim. It did this to me. He points the butt of his pistol at his face. He also raises his arm, showing the tavern the skeletal hand. Y-You're kind?! Witch, you will not speak to me with your lying devil tongue. He glares hatefully at her, his blue eye looking over her figure with hatred. S-She deserves to burn. That flame is Hellish, demonic....wretched, an affront to nature. She d-deserves to BURN! He'll attempt to walk closer to her.

15. - Top - End - #45

Iamar, who wasn't pointing any weapon at Marty, now draws her sword and holds it at the ready. "I give you one more warning. Drop the weapon and give yourself to Remnant," she says.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Cal looks incredulous to say the least.
    "Uh, so you're threatening to shoot her because her magic fire happens to be black? Did it ever occur to you that maybe someone capable of producing fire from nowhere could change its color without being hellish? Not one more step! You got a problem, you can talk about it, but you do NOT shoot people when I'm around."
    Admittedly, pyromancy is such a stretch to him that changing its color seems like nothing. Which in a way it is.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Dragon table

Um, okay, that still doesn't tell me where you got the dragon.
    Dragon table

Well, wouldn't he wear a mask he would look confused.

"Are you listenening to me? I said I don't have one. It's just easier to ask it this way."

It's really confusing. He knows that she wasn't reading his mind and the mask should prevent detecting his lie by mimic.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Alusien walks in, slightly confused. He's a lightly built young man (perhaps twenty-five) with blond hair and unusual orange eyes - a sign of excessive arcane use.

"Well, I don't think that I've been here before. Heck, I haven't given much of a thought about this whole Nexus business, except when I was Outside collecting some of this."

He pulls a vial of a thick green fluid out of his pocket, and then puts it back in.

"Could someone quickly explain what's going on here? I decided to stop by before I get to my lab back home, get a bite to eat, you know."

19. - Top - End - #49

The barmaid would make a joke, but this is kind of a humorless situation. It probably wouldn't be well received.

"I've never seen this flame before just now. Since you have, how about you try to help me, and not try to kill me?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #50

Meanwhile, in a strictly non-scuffle timeline, Orrin enters the tavern, probably followed by Dolores.

"Well, least the bars look familiar," he says as he glances around the tavern.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Desmond, a disheveled young man, sits in a corner, clutching a glass of a foggy brew and watching the door. When Alusien enters, he sits up.
    "You don't know what's going on here? Great, neither do I. In fact, I don't even remember arriving here." He hastily downs the rest of drink, then stands up slowly.
    "Your question... Do the answers really matter? We're here, even if we don't know where here might be." Desmond pauses, seeming lost for a moment, then returns his attention to the scene arouind him. "But I'm speaking nonsense. I think I heard you say something about a lab?" He asks, staring curiously at Alusien. "You have one?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Meanwhile, in a strictly non-scuffle timeline, Orrin enters the tavern, probably followed by Dolores.

"Well, least the bars look familiar," he says as he glances around the tavern.
    Indeed, Dolores follows him inside. Since this is a new thread again, I should probably keep up with the description.

Nah, screw it. I'll just link a picture of what I'm describing anyway.

Anyway, she's armed with a .44 Revolver in a holster at her hip in addition to a 12-Gauge Automatic Riot Shotgun slung across her back. She's hardly about to take either of them out, but it's enough of a warning to keep the riffraff away.

"Yup. Serve a lot of the same drinks, too. Even Nuka-Cola! Which is good, because I actually would like to try a version of the stuff that isn't totally flat.

Anyway, do you want to try getting some info out of the barmaid, or would you rather I did the talking?"

Her voice is still gravelly and deep, like a victim of Smoker's lung despite the fact that she's never lit tobacco in her life.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie's face darkens as Marty starts to act more threatening. She figures to hell with subtlety and just tries to dampen all his emotions. Hopefully that will calm him down. Also would she notice a spell on him to make it so he doesn't feel sadness? I would think as an Empath that would be fairly obvious.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #54

Actually Marty's bullet flies into a storage unit where it strikes against a suit of armor, goes through an autographed sketch of Gandalf the Grey (very intentionally placed next to an autographed picture of Sir Ian McKellen), hitting an Indiana Jones pinball machine, bouncing off against a concrete wall rolling out of his hat. Effectively the same result, but with that added bit of flavor

Marty might not be going anywhere, even if Elio's grip, previously mentioned but never confirmed or denied, doesn't hold, he magically pulls a few chairs into the air and blocks off Marty's path to the barmaid, as well as Iamar's route to Marty

"Hold on Ma'am, we'll be surrendering in just a moment," He says to Iamar before turning his attention back to Marty. "Marty, as your friend, I recommend that you put down the weapon and surrender. Remnant probably has access to the best medical technology you could ask for and I'm sure they'll help you. That girl has nothing to do with your attack, let her be. Please."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Alusien turns his head and focuses on Desmond. "Indeed I do, albeit a small one. I've been studying various materials and lifeforms with it. The problem is, I'm not used to this specimen."

He shows Desmond the vial of green liquid.

"Now that I think about it, I don't really care why I'm here. I just have this odd feeling that I've been put here for a reason."

He pauses, not knowing what to say next.

26. - Top - End - #56

Iamar does not let up, keeping the point of her blade pointed and ready to pierce Marty's heart if it comes to that.

"I'll get us some drinks. What do you take?" Orrin asks, more than ready to judge Dolores based on her choice of alcohol.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

"There are plenty of reasons, but you've got to choose them for yourself. Maybe a reason can be to help me out."

Desmond abruptly shifts his attention to the vial in Alusien's hand. He stares into the green liquid intently. "Do you have any clue what it is? Is it alive?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Well, I'm not sure," says Alusien regrettably, "but I think there's something inside. Let me try something."

Alusien whirls the vial around. Sure enough, a black sphere is whizzing around the inside, and settles when the vial stops moving.

"It's been giving off very high energy levels. It seems like it's some kind of nourishment or food for...something. Whatever's inside."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Desmond looks up from the vial and looks curiously at Alusien.

"These high energy levels, could they be used somehow? Harnessed?" He frowns. "Well, you probably don't know, you've got to study it in your lab first. Hmm... wonder where it came from."

Seeming to forget Alusien for a moment, Desmond returns to his table and retrieves a satchel from beside the chair. He pulls a flask out of the satchel, then turns back to Alusien with a slight grin.

"So, what would happen if we opened it up in here?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Meanwhile, Dolores is confusedly staring at the drink menu. She's slipped her helmet off again, to get better visibility. She figures that if she hasn't been shot by now, nobody here's about to shoot her for looking like a zombie. There are weirder-looking people here anyway, like poor lonely tentacle-beard in the corner over there.

"What the hell is an Ichor Liquor? Why the $@#! would anyone want to drink blood? And that doesn't even rhyme unless you pronounce it wrong!"

Yeah, it might be a moment.

"Oh, screw it. If it has enough alcohol in it to not be water and isn't a lethal dose, I'll drink it. Hard to be picky after the fall of civilization and all."