New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Ménage à 3 IV: It's All Coming to a Head

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    The Oral Rapport. Gary shall assemble a harem of beautiful women through the magical powers of the swirly. Together they will fight crime. Similar to Charlie's Angels, except in this case "charlie" is sleeping with all the girls.
    With a perverted old man as a mentor/surrogate-father figure.

...I'm not seeing any downsides here.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-05-06 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Instead she is now seizing on an incredibly flimsy excuse to have sex with somebody else.
    You say this as if you don't notice that she's really, really drunk.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    With a perverted old man as a mentor/surrogate-father figure.

...I'm not seeing any downsides here.
    Obviously that man will be Yuki's dad, right? I'm just not quite sure if he will allow Yuki to be part of the squad.

Yeah, this should work out great. Though we could just call it "Gary's Devils" in reference to the original show.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Indeed.

Also... Miss "Not Lesbian" wants to Scissor all night? I think we have seen some genuine character growth there
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2013-05-06 at 03:32 AM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Being drunk is an excuse, not a reason or a justification.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Being drunk is an excuse, not a reason or a justification.
    No, you got it wrong.
    Being drunk is an explanation, not an excuse. Being drunk never excuses any kind of behavior, but it might explain it.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Wasn't it not long ago when Zii was giving Gary trouble for simply assuming she'd want to sleep with Amber, as if she had no say in the matter?
    ...Isn't she doing pretty much the same thing here, simply assuming Gary will want to have sex with a drunk DiDi?

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    Wasn't it not long ago when Zii was giving Gary trouble for simply assuming she'd want to sleep with Amber, as if she had no say in the matter?
    ...Isn't she doing pretty much the same thing here, simply assuming Gary will want to have sex with a drunk DiDi?
    Except im pretty sure she is aware of the fact that he DOES in fact want to sleep with her. By combination of simple observation, and the fact that she knows he has male genitalia.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Except im pretty sure she is aware of the fact that he DOES in fact want to sleep with her. By combination of simple observation, and the fact that she knows he has male genitalia.
    You know, I'm not sure that is the case anymore.

In less than a week Gary has been used and dumped by two different girls. Now Zii wants to throw a third girl at him that basically just wants him for sex.

If gender rolls were reversed, and Gary were a woman, and two men had used 'her' for sex and dumped her, and Zii brought a 3rd man over that just wanted sex, people would be shrieking about how sexist and offensive it was.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #70

NecromancerGuy

You know, I'm not sure that is the case anymore.

In less than a week Gary has been used and dumped by two different girls. Now Zii wants to throw a third girl at him that basically just wants him for sex.

If gender rolls were reversed, and Gary were a woman, and two men had used 'her' for sex and dumped her, and Zii brought a 3rd man over that just wanted sex, people would be shrieking about how sexist and offensive it was.
    People have complained about it, but because he's a man it mostly entails a fair bit of victim blaming and incredulity at his lack of agency.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #71

SwashbucklerGuy

So it's wrong for Gary to presume Zii (a bisexual woman with loads of unrestricted libido) would like to have sex with Amber (with whom she did, in fact, used to have a sexual relationship), but it's not wrong for Zii to presume Gary - at this specific point in time - wants to sleep with a drunk DiDi simply because he's a man and he finds her attractive?

Or was that tongue-in-cheek? Sorry, I couldn't tell. :-)

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    So it's wrong for Gary to presume Zii (a bisexual woman with loads of unrestricted libido) would like to have sex with Amber (with whom she did, in fact, used to have a sexual relationship), but it's not wrong for Zii to presume Gary - at this specific point in time - wants to sleep with a drunk DiDi simply because he's a man and he finds her attractive?

Or was that tongue-in-cheek? Sorry, I couldn't tell. :-)
    Well its mainly the fact that its hardly a secret that gary finds didi really really hot. Now, that being said, it is possible he wouldnt want to right now, but something tells me that if they had come into his room and Didi had made that offer, I dont think he would have said no, but the difference between what zii did and what gary did back then was I think gary just ASSUMED zii would be into this girl, while zii knows that yes, gary really has shown sexual interest in didi.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #73

Well its mainly the fact that its hardly a secret that gary finds didi really really hot. Now, that being said, it is possible he wouldnt want to right now, but something tells me that if they had come into his room and Didi had made that offer, I dont think he would have said no, but the difference between what zii did and what gary did back then was I think gary just ASSUMED zii would be into this girl, while zii knows that yes, gary really has shown sexual interest in didi.
    Except, didn't Gary know that Zii had already slept with Amber?
    Of course, my memory is possibly fallible on this matter.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Gary seems more like the kind of guy that would say, "Hey DiDi, why don't you sleep it off instead, we'll pick this up when you aren't falling down drunk."

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Gary seems more like the kind of guy that would say, "Hey DiDi, why don't you sleep it off instead, we'll pick this up when you aren't falling down drunk."
    Yeah... still, I wouldn't hold it against Zii for a few reasons mentioned already (being drunk, Gary being Gary, DiDi being DiDi, her basically doing both of them a favor, whatever)
    But Gary's not around so not much use in crying over spilt milk or however the saying goes.

Anyway, apparently... Sonja's logic beats alcohol corrupted Zii's reasoning. I guess we'll have to see how Eric reacts, if he ever finds out. (I feel like Zii is going to be honest about it, though. Unless she chickens out and is too emberassed to ever contact him again)
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, so the guy knows Eric... I am both surprised and not surprised at all.
    (So that's one more person on the list of people with issues in need of addressing (possibly on-screen.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

17. - Top - End - #77

SwashbucklerGuy

Well its mainly the fact that its hardly a secret that gary finds didi really really hot. Now, that being said, it is possible he wouldnt want to right now, but something tells me that if they had come into his room and Didi had made that offer, I dont think he would have said no,(...)
    Really? After being basically used for sex by both Yuki and Sonya, you just presume he'd like to repeat that with DiDi?

(...)but the difference between what zii did and what gary did back then was I think gary just ASSUMED zii would be into this girl, while zii knows that yes, gary really has shown sexual interest in didi.
    Actually, Gary KNEW Zii was into Amber, considering she had told him herself (and even shown a video) that they had already had sex.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

I doubt Gary would be that articulate in such a situation.
    Truth resists simplicity.

19. - Top - End - #79

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Huh, so the guy knows Eric... I am both surprised and not surprised at all.
    (So that's one more person on the list of people with issues in need of addressing (possibly on-screen.)
    Either that or Eric's powers and the situation caused them to form the Bonds of Men.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Either that or Eric's powers and the situation caused them to form the Bonds of Men.
    Probably more likely, otherwise he would've reacted earlier to seeing him sitting on the table beside his.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the latest comic just cements it for me. I think at this point the only way Zii is going to have character growth is for Eric to dump her.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Well, the latest comic just cements it for me. I think at this point the only way Zii is going to have character growth is for Eric to dump her.
    I'm not sure why character growth is necessary, especially in a comedy. For example, Seinfeld was on for about 10 years and the four main characters had no character growth--at the end of its run, the characters were just as shallow and superficial as they were at the start.

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    I'm not sure why character growth is necessary, especially in a comedy. For example, Seinfeld was on for about 10 years and the four main characters had no character growth--at the end of its run, the characters were just as shallow and superficial as they were at the start.
    Yeah but that wasnt a series with a single coherent storyline. In a show where there is no timeline, it doesnt matter if there is growth. But in a series like this where things change over time, it makes characters look stagnant when everyone is changing but them.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

I always knew she was good at languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

25. - Top - End - #85

NecromancerGuy

Surely they can't all be craz-err-wait, nevermind....
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    While I think character growth is overrated often here I'd say... yeah, he characters should and did grow. And it's mostly a good thing.

Surely they can't all be craz-err-wait, nevermind....
    Yeah... Poor Peggy got sucked into the parallel dimension of crazy... Let's hope she gets out safe.

Also, how long have they been in there/how skilled is Zii to finish Sonya that fast?
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, this page at least illustrates something: With Peggy being there as the "layperson", she highlights the general crazieness going on for humor. Clever.

(Also yes, they can't have been in there for more than two minutes. Three maybe. You gotta pace yourself to get solid fun out of this, Zii/Sonja...)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Firbolg in the Playground

So... why would Gary have left half a basket of dirty laundry?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    This makes less and less sense, so we'll have to wait and see.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I'm still going with my original theory - he's gone to Japan to apprentice with Yuki's dad. Since he left in moderate hurry, he probably simply didn't have luggage space to take everything. Maybe he'll call them and have them mail them to him later.

Or maybe he just missed them when he was packing. Dirty clothes aren't exactly high on people's priority list.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-05-09 at 08:31 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!