Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Mahou Shojo Chaos Princesses (OOC)

This is the Out of Character thread for the Mahou Shojo Chaos Princesses (Magical Girl) game.

IC thread found here.

First things first for Players, post in here and choose your speaking in character color. The following colors are reserved:

Red For most Npcs.
    White For direct messages from Mezon.
    Plum For direct words from Lethon.
    Bolding is the voice of Sazhon.

The In Character thread will be posted once I get the introduction sorted.

Other things:

Current Player chart:
    {table=head]Player|Character|Role|Time Zone
    RunicLGB|DM|DM|GMT-7
    A Rainy Knight|Lily Lancaster|Melee/Charger|GMT-4
    Gem Knight|Uri Shirei|Buffer/Healer|GMT-7
    Chillingsworth|Olivia Faulkner|Necromancer/Minion Maker|GMT - 4
    Salbaizer|Shirakawa Yuuki|Melee/Defender|GMT + 7
    Ravanan|Itoshiki Mei|Debuffer/Sumoner|GMT-7
    Togath|Midge Janalie|Damage Dealer/Mobile|GMT-8
    [/Table]

Campaign setting:

The Prime Plane: Where Mortals Dwell
    Spoiler
    Show

The Prime Plane, or Prime Material Plane as some call it, is the center of the infinite multiverse. While all the other infinite realms are made of spirit and thought, the Prime plane is physically real. Within this Prime plane there is the planet Earth, and on this planet, Humans. Humans are unique among the creatures of the Prime plane, they alone are linked to the Infinite Realms beyond. Their imaginations and conceptions shape the Infinite, and their spirits drift there after death.

Within the prime no one (except magical girls and any opposite numbers they have that work for the enemy) knows or suspects the existence of the infinite. Some "crazy cooks" "new age" types and other assorted occultists (some of whom might be former magical girls or their friends and loved ones,) know or suspect something. Those that speak about such things publicly are treated as eccentrics at most and dangerous cultists at worst, depending on their conduct

Though you don't have to have been born there, by some means or another each of the PCs have found themselves now living in Havenport. Havenport is a coastal city in a nondescript location. ITs position as a trading hub and immigration center have casued the city to grow a section for practically every modern culture. It has metropolitan areas, suburbs, and large wildernessy parks. Essentially any terrain except for tundra can be reached within 2 hours of driving from Havenport. "Common" is spoken throughout the city, but many people are multilingual within their own cultural groups.

Havenport is not stated to be in any realworld equivalent country, or even continent, due to the "Earth" not really being the real world Earth. The city is a blank slate to be formed by our imaginations and descriptions as we play.

While on the Prime plane the Girls are far weaker than their magical girl selves. The following stat changes are in effect:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Girls on the Prime plane have their Ability Scores dropped thusly:
    Strength and Dexterity, - 6, to a minimum of 8 or your normal score, whichever is lower.
    Constitution and Charisma, -4, to a minimum of 10, or your normal score, whichever is lower.
    Intelligence and Wisdom, -4, to a minimum of 8 or your normal score, whichever is lower.

Skills: Prime selves use only 1/4th their normal ranks for all skills except Knowledge(any),Balance(Tumble, but only for balance purposes), Climb and Swim.
    The Reason:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The transition doesn't change what you know, but you might not have the expanded consciousness and magically boosted intellect that magical form brings, hence the drop to Int but not Knowledge skill ranks. Swim and climb ranks represent muscle memory for those tasks, which also doesn't fade even if the body becomes less capable. Tumble and jump can produce what are relatively superhuman feats when at full rank, so they are reduced.

Feats: Prime selves cannot make use of any feat except weapon proficiencies.

Other stuff: Prime selves have their normal HP. Rather than physical durability, HP in Prime form represents a sort of reservoir of luck, you avoid most blows narrowly, but still take HP damage. At lower HP, you'll start getting minor cuts/scrapes/and bruises. At critically low HP wounds become truly serious.
    Base attack bonus and base saves also do not change.

The Infinite Realms of Spirit: Where idea is reality
    Spoiler
    Show

The infinite realms are as their name implies, an endless expanse of worlds incorporating every possible reality. All spirits originate here in the infinite, and return after death on the Prime Plane. Moderating and protecting the infinite are the council of the Eternals, ancient entities that originated before any other memory or History.

In antiquity The Eternals were Nine:
    Mezon, White of Warding.
    Lethon, Violet of Viewing.
    Parfon, Indigo of Inciting.
    Kralon, Blue of Birthing.
    Faenon, Green of Guiding.
    Estelon, Yellow of Yearning.
    Brashon, Orange of Owning.
    Depson, Red of Ruling.
    Sazhon, Black of Binding.

Eons ago, Sazhon betrayed the others, slowly destroying his kin as his power allowed, only those who were close to him in their hierarchy. To this day he has managed to eliminate all but two, Lethon yet eludes him, and Mezon cannot harm or be harmed by him so long as Lethon remains hidden.

The reason for his rebellion and fratricide, was to eliminate those who would oppose his true plan, the dissolution of the Prime material plane and incorporation into the infinite realms, an act which would unmake all the physical worlds, and kill every spirit there residing.

Mezon yet stands against him, rallying her own forces to beat back Sazhon's legions.

The Dollemn: The Girls who live in many Realms:
    Spoiler
    Show

To populate her armies with elite soldiers, Mezon reached out empathically to Prime plane, calling on the the spirits therein to defend their world. When Mezon connects in this way, she encourages the connected individual to take a leap of faith, and face a mortality that they would otherwise be to fearful to confront.

In the moment of greatest peril, the boundary of life and death dissolves, and Mezon can stabilize both. She brings the spirit to the Infinite realms and empowers it, for nothing is stronger than the living soul. To complete the link between The Infinite and the Prime, Mezon crafts a Dollemn, or Doll as they are frequently called, which serves as the chosen one's bridge to the Infinite.

The Girl, for they are all invariably Girls, is then returned to the Prime plane and instructed to find a safe place where they would rest. Once resting, they are called on by Mezon, and by holding the Doll close their spirit can transcend the Prime plane to the Infinite, and take on the undiminished form of their Naked soul.

In the Infinite, the girls learn to fight to defend the Prime plane from Sazhon's forces and machinations. Due to the nature of the Infinite, vast amounts of time can pass there, whilst only hours or minutes pass in the Prime. When the Girl's complete their tasks, they return to the Prime to awaken from their rest, and live their lives unhindered.
    Last edited by RunicLGB; 2013-05-06 at 02:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mahou Shojo Chaos Princesses (OOC)

I thought we were working for Mezon?
    And that Lethon was in hiding?

Mind you, I'm alittle more spacy than usual due to a medication I was started on last Tuesday, so I could easily be misremembering.

On another note:

Yay! The Game's Starting!
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-04-29 at 04:55 PM.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    I thought we were working for Mezon?
    And that Lethon was in hiding?

Mind you, I'm alittle more spacy than usual due to a medication I was started on last Tuesday, so I could easily be misremembering.

On another note:

Yay! The Game's Starting!
    All true. But they will definitely still have character within the game, si I'm reserving their voice colors for when we reach that point.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Excellent, I've been looking forward to this.

Lilly will speak in Royal Blue.
    Beautiful avatar of peerless beauty by Kasanip!
    Sigatars by Prime32 and Kasanip/me.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Dangit Rainy, why must you be so smart?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, thought we already claimed colors in the recruitment thread.

In case not, I'll be grabbing teal.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

6. - Top - End - #6

DarkOrchid if you please for me

Also @Chill; looking at the pics the Asuka one was closest, but I was thinking something that looked in appearance more like Mamimi from FLCL, that range of hair length at least... I don't usually bother with Character pics unless they're required (Or I by chance stumble across something ideal). it's like on Gaia I loath Post Formats... it's about the role play, imagination, and while yes I understand the images can sometimes stimulate other people, I work just as fine without them; building the whole thing in my head from description.
    Update: My connection is unreliable, but back. I will connect as I can but may miss a day here or there.

UPDATE 11/8/2013- My little baby is here, I will post as I can.

"Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Fair enough, Gem.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

8. - Top - End - #8

Claiming the color Navy if its allright

Runic, I don't think white for speech color is a good idea. I miss Lethon's at first. Maybe it would be better if you underline it or maybe use grey instead.
    Last edited by Salbazier; 2013-04-29 at 07:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    Runic, I don't think white for speech color is a good idea. I miss Lethon's at first. Maybe it would be better if you underline it or maybe use grey instead.
    Oh man, I just realized that Mezon was actually on that list. I guess it makes sense since Mezon's thematically tied to white, but you'll need to be careful that we don't miss anything she says because we can't see the text like this.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Oh man, I just realized that Mezon was actually on that list. I guess it makes sense since Mezon's thematically tied to white, but you'll need to be careful that we don't miss anything she says because we can't see the text like this.
    Well, that explains it!

If you want to use white, maybe put it in quote tags?Or maybe pink? No, Pink is too hard to see as well...

maybe pale turquoise?

Or light blue?

No, none of those colors work well, either.

Has anyone taken Magenta?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

I seem to have a lot of Indigo characters.

Regardless, curse girl reporting in.
    Avatar by Prime32. Seriously, his stuff is awesome.

Fridays are pretty much no-post days.

Current Games:
    Datashe Helian, Pixie Barbarian Last to Fall OOC (IC)
    Alyard Rethe, Tiefling Gestalt Dweomerkeeper/Chameleon Mistfall OOC (IC)
    DK179 Ogre Mage Gestalt Warblade The Balance Changes OOC (IC)
    Tsuisoku Sakura Pixie Tristalt Martial Adept Sandbox OOC
    Anre Dalan, Mithra Red Mage Hope Springs Eternal OOC (IC)

Requiescat en pace
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dead Games:
    Seika Viola, Pokemon Breeder

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, now we just need to hear from Togath.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

IC will be up in a min.

As for Mezon's voice: One of the strange things about it is that the words are nearly imperceptible yet the meaning strike clearly. You won't need to worry about "listening hard (read: highlighting)" to catch the meaning of what she says, but you might have to strain your ears (read: highlight) to actually hear the actual words.

For instance, a Message from Mezon might go like this:

"Fair princesses of Southhaven, your pressence and power are needed in the infinite. Seek your Dollemn and prepare for your journey."
    A sudden clarity enters your mind, and you now that within moments Mezon will call your spirit out to the infinite.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sorry for double post but making sure this is seen by all:

IC Thread is UP!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... that's actually quite effective.

When you put it that way, the flavor definitely justifies the difficulties.

(though you might want to note when she's sent us a message at least until we get used to it.)
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, Mei and I would be in junior high rather than highschool, at least going by US standards. By, say, Japanese standards, Lilly, Mei, and I would all be (I think?)

Or does the Southhaven school system have six years of high school?

(sorry, my father has worked in my state's department of education for the past seventeen years. I grew up with education minutiae as dinner table conversation.)

I'll also be using this post to hash out my opening IC post.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-04-30 at 01:34 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Well, given "Give me the average morning for you, and how it leads to school of whatever type your character attends." from the spoiler, I think Runic accounted for that.

Also, probably yes given the source material, but are there school uniforms?
    Last edited by Ravanan; 2013-04-30 at 12:12 AM.

Current Games:

Requiescat en pace
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dead Games:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

I'll have Midge talk in olive, and I'll work on getting something up in the IC(I need to head to sleep soon, but I should be able to in the morning)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sawagakure: Village Hidden by the Valley Marsh
    OOC: I, IC: Team 1(I), Team 2(I)
    Lereth: Stormport
    OOC: I, IC: I
    Verden
    OOC: I, IC: I
    Homebrewer's Link(+PBP)

Modding in the Playground ^w^

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravanan View Post
    Well, given "Give me the average morning for you, and how it leads to school of whatever type your character attends." from the spoiler, I think Runic accounted for that.
    Derp. Yeah, I hope I adjust to this med soon.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yes to school uniforms and yes to middle school ages being for middle school. Southhaven high is just the default location, if you are too young or homeschooled describe that situation please.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Well now, that's a hard act to follow, Rav!

Nice.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

22. - Top - End - #22

Hehe, I'm not usually in the habit of writing long posts, but this seems like an appropriate enough time. I'm interested to see what everyone else comes up with, too.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

If I get my head in the game and stop feeling like crap I ought to at least manage a long starter post... anyway.. ugh...
    Update: My connection is unreliable, but back. I will connect as I can but may miss a day here or there.

UPDATE 11/8/2013- My little baby is here, I will post as I can.

"Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I did better than I expected.

Also, I tied Lilly into my story, Rainy, as we discussed.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

25. - Top - End - #25

Well, I did better than I expected.

Also, I tied Lilly into my story, Rainy, as we discussed.
    Yup, I saw. I didn't put anything like that in mine since I wanted to get a bit of a better feel for your character before I started coming up with stuff, but I'm quite happy with what you included.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Glad to hear it!

Alright, so once we hear from Sal, everyone will have gotten to school.

Also, I think I just came up with a history for the country we're in (of course feel free to can it, Runic, just putting it out there.)

Spoiler
    Show
    (Rough) Real World Analog: England/UK

The Nation of Haven consists of two primary regions, North Haven, and South Haven. Each region hosts a megacity by the same name. The country as it is presently constituted formed when the ruling families of two regional city states were joined by political marriage. The resulting child was heir to both cities and unified the dominions.

In the following centuries, political developments and civil wars led to a system of parliamentary government. Further agitation for civil rights led to universal suffrage and has resulted in a constitutional monarchy with great respect for its citizens' individual rights and freedoms and a vibrant economic and technological base.

However, as an island nation, Haven is not able to produce enough to feed, house, and clothe all its citizens. Therefore, it has established trading partnerships with many disparate entities. Some of their efforts to secure sufficient resources have led to conflict with other powers. For the most part, the occasional (but frequently brutal) wars experienced by this country are a result of these conflicts.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-04-30 at 07:15 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

27. - Top - End - #27

Oh, Chiling, just one more bit of backstory it might be nice to work out before we get into things - do you think Lilly and Olivia should already be aware of each other's identities as magical girls, perhaps even having had combat experience together, or should it be a surprise for them both when they meet each other in the other world?

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Oh, Chiling, just one more bit of backstory it might be nice to work out before we get into things - do you think Lilly and Olivia should already be aware of each other's identities as magical girls, perhaps even having had combat experience together, or should it be a surprise for them both when they meet each other in the other world?
    Well, that depends on if the group has met in the other world or not. I believe Runic said that we had, and had all been in training together in preparation for our first real mission.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

29. - Top - End - #29

Well, that depends on if the group has met in the other world or not. I believe Runic said that we had, and had all been in training together in preparation for our first real mission.
    Whoops, you're right. Never mind, then!

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Well now, that's a hard act to follow, Rav!

Nice.
    Thank you.

I hope I managed to convey that this character would probably be quite terrifying to know, being obsessive, massively creeper-ish, and kind of sadistic, but at the same time kind of carefree.

Current Games:

Requiescat en pace
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dead Games: