New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: What Am I Doing To Myself? Let's Try and Play Fire Emblem: Thracia 776!

Othin, Fergus, Karin, maybe Homer again?(Unless he needs some sleep or something), + others.
    ~ZA

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: What Am I Doing To Myself? Let's Try and Play Fire Emblem: Thracia 776!

Let's see these fellows shall we?
    Robert
    Karin
    Dean
    Asvel
    Homer
    Nanna
    Fergus

Othin
    Homer

Delayed but accounted for!
    Spoiler: RobertWatch: Episode 5 - When Stars Align, Wishes are Granted
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Chapter 14x: Another Fine Mess

It's time to promote everyone's favorite archer...

Though, while he's enjoyed some popularity here, there's a lot about his character that's a mystery.

+2 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +2 Spd, +2 Def, +1 Con, +1 Mov
    Just who is this Robert we're watching?

While I ponder mysteries, I make the world less mysterious:

Now that I've opened the pandora's box of Robert speculation, it teases at me with every action. I mean, when you get down to it...Do we even know how old Robert is? Did he ever really know the old order of Lenster, even a little? Or is it all faint recollections of his childhood, at most?

This is a good question about all of the younger knights of Lenster, even the ones we know more about, like Carrion: is their hope for something real, or something imagined?

While I'm thinking setting details... Robert has exactly two lines: one for his escape, and one for his death (He's also got an epilogue, but shh. Spoilers). I forget his escape, but I think his death might give us some clues: "Lady Selphina...I wish...I could be of more...use..."

What do I think of that? Well, for one, that sounds kind of like the boy has a self-esteem problem, if that's what he thinks as he's dying. He shares a class with Selphina: maybe she trained him personally? That makes me think that even among the trainee knights, he might be a little younger than the rest. Just my guess, anyway; 15, 16, maybe?
    Last edited by Javan; 2014-08-21 at 04:10 PM.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -A.C. Clarke

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

I agree with Javan. Sorry I haven't been on; just started college again.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I agree with Javan. Sorry I haven't been on; just started college again.
    I like it when people agree with me.
    I just started again as well. (Good luck with the veterinary school applications)
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -A.C. Clarke

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, you listed Homer twice. I guess you really, really like him.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-09-01 at 07:08 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oops, so I did.
    I was going through and doubling up Zelt's votes with the remainder of mine.
    Missed that I had already listed him.

Edit: Or I just subconsciously really, really like him.
    Last edited by Javan; 2014-09-01 at 10:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307

Quote Originally Posted by Javan View Post
    I like it when people agree with me.
    I just started again as well. (Good luck with the veterinary school applications)
    Thank you! I hope to have everything in by the end of the month. I mean, I have to because that's the first due date.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you! I hope to have everything in by the end of the month. I mean, I have to because that's the first due date.
    Having done all my grad school applications over the summer, I know the feeling.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Best of luck! I'll try to sit down and actually play the chapter this weekend.

Edit:

I've been thinking about my life re: time and projects, and thought I'd do a formal taking stock. While I'd be equally enthusiastic to work on all my projects, there's simply not enough hours in a day or energy in my body to do that. So, I thought I'd turn to my audiences, since these are all public projects (my private projects are non-negotiable). Put simply, all other things being equal, I want to spend my energy on the things that people enjoy most.

Check Here

To that end, I have made a poll! It has all my active projects, an inactive project or two, and a hopefully joke option, and I'll generally adjust how I work on these in accordance with the results, with some things taking precedence where perhaps they did not, or coming into or out of inactivity -- or maybe, all will continue as before. I don't really know what the poll will show, though I think I can be confident about a few things. Though, I should add, the results are not the sole predictor of some matters, either; the projects themselves are slightly "weighted" in terms of effort and other factors. Nothing's getting totally thrown away, though -- I'm promising that now.

Also, for this thread, I should mention that Thracia 776 is probably one of the more favorably weighted projects -- to the point where it almost didn't appear in the poll at all. I just felt you guys might mind it not showing up.

I hope you forgive some self-indulgence, and should you vote, thank you for your time, this helps me a lot!
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-09-05 at 09:07 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #310

Number 6 needs a suggestions box.

Like more Fire emblem. Or another game.
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

So, this did unexpectedly well in the poll. Which means that this is going to get an update, and I will try to update more often, because you don't want to know how deeply I underestimated the readership of this LP. Way to be come-from-behind-to-decent-second-place underdogs, you guys!

Chapter 15: It Shall be Engraved Upon Your Soul!
    Spoiler
    Show

Alrighty, we've got our crew...

But that seems a little sparse, doesn't it? I'm going to slip in Tina, since we have the room...And...Hm. I was a little torn for a minute between Marty (who is owed a promotion) and Lara, who would multiply the force of our current units.
    I went with the latter, but reluctantly.

While doing my inventory clearing I, um...

Appear to have hit the convoy's stuff cap. Woops.
    I spend a lot of time shuffling inventories about, nothing thrilling. A few sales, a lot of stuff moved out of storage. I turned Tanya into a medicine chest. I figured she wouldn't mind.

First things first, let's send up a few people to the middle ring. The faster we get Marita there, the safer I'll feel, and Homer could use some EXP, being the only non-promoted, non-Tina other than Leaf and Marita on this map, so up they go!

Everyone else will start going East; the brigands to the West will just have to catch them.
    Note to self: Be prepared for that, wouldja?

At the end of the first turn -- or, to be more apt, the end of the first enemy phase -- a new scene emerges.

"I will protect the children with my life. But what about you, Lady Amalda? If the Empire finds out about this, you will be in danger..."
    Man, the idea of someone other than us protecting kids feels somehow foreign and alien. You do a good job, Mr. Priest. Don't make me come back here and rescue them!

"I am ashamed...I am ashamed that I cannot properly help the children, despite being a knight of Freege."
    I thought she reminded me of Olwen, but maybe that's just narrative resemblence.

"Hundreds of children are being captured and sent to the Imperial capital daily, but all I can do is rescue a handful of them. I keep trying to convince his Majesty to reconsider, but to no avail... "
    Frankly, she's lucky no one's knifed her in the back for her rebellion. And by rebellion, I mean ordinary questioning of bad policy.

"Yes... The world will lead to destruction if we do not do something about it."

The Blagi Tower is a place you actually go -- well, less to and more "near" in FE4. You don't really go to any non-castle locations, just sort of pass near or through them, with maybe a visit to a church or village or the like. Exactly how it works is never fully explained, but prophetic voices are about how it rolls.

I forget if Claude's come up here or not; he was a character in FE4, had major Blagi blood, and was as such the most important person in the Blagi church who we ever got to meet. "Bishop" implies there might be someone more important, but if that's so, well... None of them tried to get involved. When we met Claude in 4, he'd gone to the tower to uncover the truth about the situation going on in the game at the time.

Look, when the blessed dead say you move, you move.

...This scene isn't ending any time soon, is it?

"I see...I'm sorry, Ralph."

And so now we have Ralph and Amalda as NPCs. They'll do a decent enough job of protecting villages that you can take the long way, if you need to.

Oh, man, he's gonna wreck it!

Or not. Missing both his attacks.
    Way to go, Ralph.
    I got one chance to make that joke, bro. One chance.

Amalda does better. Or worse, because kill-steal.

Let's take a look at them, shall we?

Ralph is alright, I suppose. There's nothing really to say about him. Competent enough for now...

While Amalda can heal him and attack. With her flipping brave sword (essentially) that she's inclined to burn through like mad. (These screenshots were taken later, when I had some presence of mind.)

We clearly have to stop them before they take all the good EXP.
    We'll drop our mountain-crossers...

And Othin gets the first kill.

And second, on the enemy phase. Actually, he gets a lot of kills right here, as almost all the available enemies rush him and are wrath'ed into oblivion.

It's all fairly boring otherwise...

And Ralph does not actually help with the group of enemies getting uncofmortably close to the houses. Thanks, Ralph.
    Well, it's up to our gang, then.

Homer makes an explosive appearance onto the chapter's stage...

+1 HP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Bld
    Meh. Skill's nice.

Marita takes out our closest opponent, as well.

We take out the bandits on this side. I was hoping for some damage for Tina to heal, but oh well.
    We're too beastly.
    ...Well, thinking about the stuff coming up, it's more that the game is giving us some rest.

We're sending Dean out to that other village...My big thought is "What should Karin do? Should she fetch Leaf? Help out? Rescue villages?"
    ...Rescue villages. Yes, that sounds good.

I don't know why, but I find this line charming. I feel like he's trying to flirt with her. Or me. Whatever.
    Or maybe he's just acknowledging that his whole universe exists for my amusement, during the span of time that I'm playing. Whichever!

Uh, yeah. That's not just for Karin. That's not for Karin at all.

After an uneventful couple of phases, it's time to send Dean to one of those villages!

OOh, ooh, is it a present?

No, no, it's mine!

The Ulir Scroll! It grants +10% to Skill, Speed, and Luck. It's a decent all-rounder, and helpful for character like Dean...If not a total character-saver like the Dain scroll.
    Ulir is the bow-wielding crusader, whose weapon was Ichival...Well, depending on the localization. While there are a couple of characters with Ulir blood in Geneology, there's only one character with any connection to the family that appears in Thracia 776 -- and we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Let's get dangerous.

Really dangerous. I will regret it all.
    You see, the boss won't move until you enter his range. Entering his range...
    Looks exactly like that screenshot up there.

Swordyes.
    I need more swords so bad. It's a drought of regular, every day, common-use swords up in here.

...Armorslayer.
    I just want, like, I dunno. A steel sword! Does that even exist?
    It does, I've just never seen one.

Homer misses this guy...

But the name of the game being "dogpile on Homer" is quickly obvious.

He ends up with 96 EXP. A frustratingly evil amount of EXP.

Every turn, more bandits to kill.

Ooh, a killer lance. Not bad!

I dislike Homer getting hit. He's not like other people. He doesn't like pain. It hurts him.

+1 HP, +1 Magic, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk
    Very nice! If he can get a few more points of magic, he'll be all set.
    Because that sage promotion does not mess around.

Look at that.
    A 1% hit chance.
    Magical.

...Oh sweet mercy, I forgot he had a ranged weapon.
    It's been a while since I made the preamble.
    PANIC! PANIC!

BAITING WAS THE PLAN, BUT NOT THIS BAITING!

Y-n-Maybe?!

It missed. It missed. Good.

She just barely has a chance to double him, and no immediate counter-attack.
    This is as probably a good a chance of taking him out as we'll get.

Beautiful. Nothing like a crit when I need one.

You don't understand, Mr. Bandit. It was pretty great.

+1 Skl, +1 Luk
    Well, that, not so much. But promotion time's a-coming!

I buy a couple of door keys. Because someone was offering to sell door keys, and I find this frightening.

Homer's running low on his tomes. Both of them. It's a bit distressing. I need to find some mages to beat up.

+1 HP, +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk
    Verrah Good.

Marita starts moving into position...

And I let Dean harrass stragglers.

While I'm attacking dudes, Leaf enters the center. Everyone else will be coming right along: Leaf got carried a bit.

You know what I'm wondering?
    Why doesn't this map have more dudes? Like, strategically-placed guys. It needs some.

Leaf, due to not being able to reach Ralph, actually gets to do something this turn!

Results are predictable.

Yadda yadda, brigands.
    Honestly, this map is pretty solidly filler, which is always a bit of a let-down. Some of the stuff up ahead's pretty interesting, though. Interesting and/or evil.

Hey, Ralph! Quit running!
    I need to talk to you!

Hey, those guys finally caught up! The ones Dean didn't kill, anyway.
    Time for brutal slaughter!

Finally, we can talk to this guy.

You know, Leaf, people can just want to do things. I mean, really. We don't all have to be freeing the homelands of our fathers and restoring our divine right to rule.

Joining our army is always alright!

Really, if we needed a reason more complicated then "want to bash some Empire Face," I think we'd lose a decent stretch of army.

Ralph joins the party! "Now to have him talk to Amalda and she'll join up, too!"

Uh, no.
    Actually, that's not how it works.
    We're about to see how it works.

But not before these guys show up. Two thieves and a swordmaster. These are important, and when they show up, it means you need to have Marita in range NOW. Maybe even last turn. This is turn 11, if you're curious.

Here's how it works:

Amalda's going to ditch us.
    We can't recruit her here, so we have to let her go. See you, Amalda.

Meanwhile, we have this swordmaster to deal with... You might think he's pretty tough, since they saved him for a last-minute reinforcement.
    Well...

I neglected to screenshot his stats, like a dummy, but...

It's that guy from Tahra, our Sham-Shanan.
    And we have been waiting all map for this guy!

Given the chance, he will just book it out of here, denying us a most precious thing.

To get this thing, Marita needs to talk to him.

Oh, come on, Marita! You're not going to buy this guy, are you?

Bought it like it was on sale.

"Please teach me the way of the sword!"

Uh, good luck with that, buddy.

"Really? Thank you!"

"Yeah, that sounds plausible and not like I am a giant fraud."

I don't have much to say, but assume I'm giggling to myself this entire sequence.

We cut to a battle scene.

Shanam takes a swing...

Marita gets some green sparklies and begins her counter-attack, swinging...

Once...

Twice...

A third time...

A fourth...

And a fifth.

A nice animation touch I noticed going through the screenshots is that she sort of pushes Shanam back.

Because the real one has about 50% more flips and dashing across the screen. You'd never see a Meteor of 5 non-critical hits.
    Or because he has no clue.

You want to know who she is? You want to know who she is?

SHE IS A GODDESS OF TERROR AND DEATH!
    Let's talk a bit about how Meteor (Or Starstrike or... OK, we're calling it Meteor from now on, since I have something to refer back to now) actually works. Well, when it activates (skill%), she attacks 5 times. If this weren't good enough, it's worth noticing they are completely normal attacks, and follow all the rules of normal attacks. They can get Lunar Sword or any skills she might have from her weapons or suchnot. And, and here's where it gets scary, they also get PCC applied where applicable. Which, if it happens on the first hit, will be all hits after the first one. On the second, all hits. Skill% chance of 5 critical hits, some of which may ignore defense.
    I'm not sure, but I suspect it's possible for attacks with Meteor to, themselves, trigger Meteor -- but I've seen nothing absolutely one way or another.

I will say that I just ran a pretty sedate damage calculation and determined that, before taking defense into account, Marita could -- in a very plausible scenario, no BS involved -- do about 500 damage on an enemy with infinite HP. I'm sure if you wanted to imagine more fun math, you could.

I have just one thing to say to summarize all of this:
    MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, right. Homer does stuff, too.

+1 HP, +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd
    It's not Meteor, but I guess it will do. You can't spend all day giggling as you imagine sparkly green death.

Well, I could, but apparently this LP has a lot more fans than I thought. So I shouldn't. Updates need to happen.
    (Nyahahar)

I want some more swords. I need swords. Time to catch this guy.

...He is unsatisfyingly un-caught.

And sword!

And level!
    +1 HP, +1 Luk
    *shrug*
    Not a lot of real options.

Nearly everyone tries to catch this guy, but only Leaf succeeds.

Yay, Iron Swords! They don't keep the poison, I guess because Leaf's not evil about his methods of warfare.
    Or because there's a limit to what toys the player is allowed to have, and killing the enemy after scratching them for no damage once and hiding in a corner was deemed unacceptable.

Shanam flees, as expected. You really need to hustle if you want to be death, destroyer of worlds.

Amalda leaves, too. Time to get while the getting's good, I guess.

Marita takes this guy out for a final level in her before-promotion class...

+1 HP, +1 Str, + Skl, +1 Luk, +1 Def
    With a beautiful level with her own natural defense. Truly, it is time.

The next set of reinforcements are a Mercenary with a killing edge and some more thieves. I want a killing edge.

You jerk.
    Fine!
    I don't need you.

Karin can get levels.
    +1 HP, +1 Skl

And Marita can promote!

+2 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +3 Spd, +2 Def, +1 Mov and +2 Sword Ranks
    More stats! Now she's a very difficult to kill death machine.
    And she don't work for nobody but me.
    She's just a death machine.
    An Astra-Critting fiend.

...Anyway, I was going to try and get a killing edge, but I decided eh, screw it.

I can't check their ranges, and they keep suiciding.
    I'm sure I can find more somewhere.

Let's just reach our goal.

One reason to go with the church: we get a reward.

More status healing!
    Boy, are we gonna need it.

"Now, I can take you part of the way to Lenster with this Warp Staff. There are two paths. One is through the forests of Melfiye that lead to the south of Lenster. The other is to head East along the coast, passing through Fort Norden."

Route split made easy.

If we pick Fort Norden, we are taken to Chapter 16a, The Norden Line. If we pick the Forest, we go to 16B, the Dark Forest.

It turns out we cannot simply have both right now -- reloading the savestate reverts the saves as well. I may have to do this chapter all over again when the time comes to do the other side.
    But I will be doing both sides, and which one is canonical will depend on your votes when both are done.

So...
    Which path is this path? Path A, where we follow Dorias's advice and take a symbolic stand through the well-guarded fort? Path B, where we follow August's advice, and take the stealthy path through the confusing wood?
    Picking this path doesn't make it the more canonical, or we'd be talking features and elements now; we'll see them both, and weigh them both honestly. You'll even know the levels. Don't sweat that too badly.

Growths
    Spoiler
    Show

Ralph
    HP: 60%
    Str: 35%
    Mag: 5%
    Skl: 30%
    Spd: 20%
    Luk: 15%
    Def: 35%
    Bld: 35%
    Mov: 1%
    PCC: 1

I actually forgot we got Ralph. Ha, how funny is that? Well, it's probably indicative of some stuff about him, to be honest.
    ...Ralph's not very good. Yeah, we don't have a mercenary/hero yet, but that's because you're looking at our promoted units. Othin promotes to Hero, and he'd do a better job. So does Havan.
    I'm dubious about our Machua doing a better job, but eh. I've seen it work, you know? Ralph does not work. There's nothing to reccomend him, and his limited capacity to do anything outside of his numbers -- which are really much too shaky for a character who's not going to be getting a lot of levels due to being promoted, and can't rely on promotion growths to help, either. No particular weapons, skills, or PCC. In short: Ralph's Wrecked.

Last edited by Deme; 2014-09-08 at 03:43 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

I chuckled multiple times while reading this.

And 2nd in votes, a lot more readers than voters.

13. - Top - End - #313

Same here.

Also, my reaction to the new toy of Astra is much the same: maniacal laughter. Oh, and as for the route to pick, I choose stealth. Stealth is good.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also, my reaction to the new toy of Astra is much the same: maniacal laughter. Oh, and as for the route to pick, I choose stealth. Stealth is good.
    Oh, yeah.
    I agree with both statements here.

15. - Top - End - #315

I ship Deme, and random NPC! OTP!

Stealth's fine.
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I haven't been very good about posting in general since starting classes again, but I definitely enjoy this one. *joins the chorus of maniacal giggling*

Stealthy path works for me. Sure, it probably means more fog of war and status effects, but at the very least probably fewer ballistae.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 16B Preamble
    Spoiler
    Show

Alrighty, you guys have said! We're going to the forest first! Because August is a smart guy, and we want to start off by doing the smart guy thing.

"However, reaching Lenster via this route, would prove difficult."
    Double-typo alert, everyone. Well, OK. A typo and a comma splice, which may or may not have been a typo.
    ...Well, it's hard to blame them. It's a big patch, though it's got issues of our own.

"The Liberation Army must pass through the thick forests of Melfiye.
    Why Melfiye was called 'The Dark Forest'... Why travellers avoided this region...
    Leaf was about to find out..."

Dramatic sting, anyone?

Welcome to the B route, everybody!

" If we can head through to the northeast, we should be right in front of Lenster."

And now it's time for the traditional cut-to-villains!

...Are you saying we're stupid? Believe it or not, this is the less stupid plan!

...Welp. Good job with the stealthy thing. We find creepers not five seconds in, who've already spotted us.

That laugh is well-placed.
    My response? Mournful groaning.

We'll talk more about Beserk in a bit.

If I were an enemy with a Beserk Staff, I'd be having fun, too.

...Manfroy. Her grandfather is Manfroy. Like, "That guy we saw at Evil Game Night with Julius and Berdo and them" Manfroy.
    Her grandfather is head of the evil religion at the center of the current political arena. That's Mafia Princess taken to the umpteenth.

Our map! Horseriders might be better switching to foot, which isn't great news.
    The normal enemies on this map are all packing amazing weapons: we want to capture everything we can. Take everything.

The upper left features a Sleep Sword, some silver weapons and...

This little surprise. It's Shanam, straight from last time!

Since I didn't catch it last time, here he is! ...Yes, I know he looks useless, but we'll have to pick him up.

The lower right features, among other things -- including a Devil Axe and a Master Bow...

A spare Pugi axe. A must-have for all friends of Othin.
    Also, all these guys here have Wrath. *twitch* Fun, right? So much fun...
    Oh, sweet mercy, why?

The guys in the upper right have a Wind sword, a Master Sword, and...
    A lunar manual. Verrah Nice. Do want.

The guys clustered around the boss have either Rewarp or Physic -- Physic's in back, Rewarp's in front.

...There's one other surprise to the map, but we'll talk about it when I can show it to you. It's...very special.

Ok, so, the boss.

Which really means "So, Beserk."

Beserk is a status effect that makes a unit just attack whatever's nearest. They can be attacked, counter-attacked, and captured (this is good for neutralizing if you have restore). Put it other words, any unit with a magic below 12 (in this case, since that's his magic stat) has a 99% chance of being a bomb that will kill or be killed (or captured, thus neutralizing two units, effectively) by your team. Ruining everything. This effect cannot be waited out. It lasts until map's over, or it's restored away. It's incredibly frustrating, and might happen as a surprise for you.
    What I'm saying is: Remember when I said there were better things than poison to use restore staves on? Well, I meant it. Beserk is one of those things.

Sadly, you can't normally beserk bosses; things like thrones and gates provide, in addition to boosts to defense and evade that are just unfair, status immunity. And, of course, one enemy unit going beserk won't make a huge difference to the enemy...Mostly. So while we can have it, it's much less fun for us than it is for them.
    ...That said, we still have 3 turns to try and get it, and I want it. Because why not?

Ok, so...Slots. 12 slots, counting Leaf's. I'm giving Homer a stamina drink and sending him out to recruit Shanam, so you have 10 slots. I want a flier, and at least one person who can use a Restore Staff, which is a C-rank, usable by Safy, Nanna, Linoan, and Seram.
    There's not a lot our thieving types can steal, as much as we might want them to, so that's a thought. Also, I still want to get Tina EXP, so expect me to bring her up a lot, even though she doesn't serve any particular function here.
    We want some capturing weight, too, especially since relying on horses in the heavy forest is bad (flying mounts are OK.)

I won't be updating our lists, because of the Trousers of Time.
    Fatigue List:
    Robert: 16/36
    Fergus: 20/41
    Karin: 9/35
    Dean: 20/37
    Lara: 3/32
    Othin: 7/43
    Marita: 19/38
    Tina: 3/15
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

To be fair to Leaf and company, they were only spotted due to a scrying orb. This is hardly fair.

1] *Leaf*
    2] *Homer*
    3] Safy
    4] Tina
    5] Othin
    6] Karin
    7] Dean
    8] Asvel
    9] Linoan
    10] Marty
    11] !Robert
    12] !Fergus

Do stats drop when dismounted or is it only move and weapon that change? I don't remember, it is in a post somewhere...

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Stats do drop when dismounted (or, more accurately, raise when mounted.) I believe that stats that are maxed will still be maxed, but I'm not sure.
    Exactly how severe these penalties are is pretty variable, since different classes have different penalties. For example, do not bring Dean to an indoor map (Or Eda, but let's be serious here for a second. You wouldn't be bringing Eda to an indoor map.) The penalties for dragon knights and riders is the steepest (I mean, we're talking no -1s, only -2s, -3s, and a whopping -5 defense). Fergus, on the other hand, barely even notices it, especially after his promotion: -1 defense, -3 Mov (greatly alleviated by our Fergus's luck with his move growth), and that's it. Everyone else is somewhere between the two.

Since pretty much all of Thracia 776's endgame is indoors (the section, not the chapter. The chapter is entirely indoors.), this sort of thing can be important to think about. It's a big point in the favor of Fergus and our other future Forrest Knight (Or whatever your translation du jour) how little they're effected, but it's not likely to hurt a lot of our other favored non-flying mounteds in a dramatic way: Carrion's pretty beefy, and can build his sword-arm; Olwen, Robert, and Nanna are all back-liners (so they won't notice the defense drop too dramatically) who can still use their favored weapons (Magic, for Olwen and maybe Nanna, isn't even effected). Our fliers are much worse off: Karin will struggle, and Dean is just boned.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-09-19 at 09:57 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey Playgrounders!
    We need to make sure Deme doesn't forget this exists!

It did finish 3rd on her poll after all.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

I haven't forgotten! I've just been running all over the place; I hope to do the chapter sometime this week, if my birthday doesn't get in the way.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

This was a BUMP attempt to see if anyone else would vote for characters, which by now may be to late. :/

So I should wish you happy birthday everyday this week and eventually I'll figure out which day it is... Happy Birthday!

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

hi dere, this is awesome

my votes
    1] Leaf
    2] Homer
    3] Safy
    4] Tina
    5] Othin
    6] Karin
    7] Dean
    8] Asvel
    9] Linoan
    10] Marty
    11]Robert!!!! the best
    12]Fergus

24. - Top - End - #324

Happy early birthday! I haven't really posted because I've been running around with stuff myself.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Javan View Post
    This was a BUMP attempt to see if anyone else would vote for characters, which by now may be to late. :/

So I should wish you happy birthday everyday this week and eventually I'll figure out which day it is... Happy Birthday!

...It's Friday.

Also, my impending birthday *is* slightly getting in the way of things at the moment, but we'll do our best.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-10-15 at 04:02 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Happy Birthday Deme!!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hey, deme how's it going, its been more than a week since anyone posted

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

You just need to have patience. She can't update all the time.
    At one point she didn't update for two months.
    Just be patient, she'll update when she can.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

I have been meaning to explain where I've been, though, since I've been absent from all my threads for a bit. In addition to my birthday on the 17th, I had last week a stretch of rather grueling freelance work analyzing papers and explaining an entire rubric for the charter school my sister-in-law works for, and that (not to mention doctoring the papers where I couldn't find examples to explain the rubric) took me pretty much every spare bit of energy and time for that entire week, possibly because it was a job that might have been only achievable with me doing it, given the reactions of my sister-in-law and her boss. That's now done, so I'm finishing up what I meant to do last week.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-10-28 at 02:09 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sounds like... fun?
    Definitely sounds like money.
    Good job being impressive!