New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: What Am I Doing To Myself? Let's Try and Play Fire Emblem: Thracia 776!

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    I never liked Dancers much; always preferred one more slightly-less-powerful unit rather than an extra move for my best unit and a squishy unit tied to their tail. But a Dancer that can cover the thief role? That's worth using.

...Pahn might be competing with Colm for the combat-competent-thief title, too. Thracia's less mean to its thieves than it seemed.
    Volke kinda blasts them both out of the ring though, doesn't he?
    ~ZA

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: What Am I Doing To Myself? Let's Try and Play Fire Emblem: Thracia 776!

Oh, man, Volke :D ...Yeah, he pretty much does, but I might rate Pahn above Colm, though I haven't used Pahn yet. I mean, Pahn self-heals and has a 1/4 chance of moving twice in a round, in addition to crit bonus.

What's interesting is that, if you think about it in terms of archetypes, Pahn is our Rennac: prepromote, plug-n-play, worse potential stats, but easier to handle and reliable. Except that Pahn's much, much better at it due to his innumerables.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-06-11 at 09:14 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #243
    Colossus in the Playground

I love Volke. Matthew wasn't bad either!

I will agree, that dialogue left a bad taste in my mouth.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 13 Preamble
    Spoiler
    Show

We're finally at Tahra, which I remind you has been our goal since, if not the end of 2x, when Safy alerted us, then at least 5, when we rescued Nanna, or 6, when we escaped prison. We've been on this subplot for ages, and this will be the first major non-running-for-his-life based battle based battle in the history of the Liberation Army.

Had always been doing its best to protect against the Empire's evil deeds.

Tahra's situation was looking increasingly grim. Tahra had maintained its freedom by promising never to oppose the Empire, but that freedom seemed short-lived now...

Post prep screen, which I'll be getting back to shortly...

We open on General Paulus and his second-in-command. Or whatever this guy is. Today's boss. That's what he is.
    Paulus: " I see... Baldack should be arriving soon with his 8th Legion."

Paulus leaves.

Of course the enemy won't be polite. Or patient.
    "All troops! Prepare to attack!"

Oh. You're going to regret this, captain tealhair!

Hey, it's Selphina's husband and Fin's best buddy! And some guy (speaking) we've never heard of!
    There. Now I've done my duty as LPer.

There is no way she'd be able to do that.

Oh, now they're telling us about aerial combat some more. You know...Long after we've learned all valuable lessons (Maybe they figured Karin may have died...?)
    But, hey, at least Karin isn't relegated to being told to watch out for archers 50 million times.

By the way, Eda here is actually one of our elite book candidates -- she's our "not-Karin," who didn't win.

He actually will. That's just embaressing.

Wait, Shanan's here? Heck yes!

Shanan's a playable character from the second half of four, having made appearances as a child in the first half. He's the prince of Isaac, inheritor of the Odo bloodline, weilder of the Balmung and the Shooting Star Sword technique, and is generally pretty darn cool.
    In fact, he might be too cool.

(Glade) "Why does he refuse to help?"
    To protect continuity? Sety helping is cool; in 4, Sety joins during the part of the game that connects most directly to this, so that connects, but the rest is dubious at best.
    But Shanan's searching for his holy weapon right about now, somewhere in the desert.

Something is certainly afoot. Like all mysteries, it will be solved!
    "...We have no choice. We will have to fight on our own."

I didn't screenshot it, but Glade and a bunch of generic mounted units ride out of our representation of Tahra.

But we cut to Leaf, first.
    "...This isn't good. The Empire's attack seems to have begun."

Read: We're only giving you a handful of units this map.
    "Also, I see ballistas among the enemy lines. It's too dangerous."
    ""I know it's dangerous, but we have no choice. Tahra's demise will mean our demise as well."

"If we lose their support as well as our troops, all that is left is our destruction."

Alrighty, then. Let's check our map!

Alrighty, blah-blah, stitch job, forgiveness, usual...
    Map!
    It's a fairly large map, so it's not a bad place for our mounted units to go nuts, especially as our objective is escape.

We've got ballista, which means Karin's going to be suffering. However, we also have houses that only Karin can access. Thanks, Thracia 776. Thanks so much.

Ranged bishop, for ranged suffering...But he'll likely also be Karin's problem.

Rist isn't too bad, especially when you factor in the fact that he doesn't get a throne or a gate to increase his defenses, and we'll be able to go at him with an armorslayer or a hammer or something. We will, though, want to give his opponent a scroll or make him switch to his bow before facing him, but other than that, pretty managable.
    He's got the Shield Skill, which sometimes nullifies the damage from some attacks, so that's a thing to be handled with caution...But who knows; maybe we'll be lucky.

Glade can take care of himself, pretty much...

But his generic troops, who we are stunningly given total control over in a complete departure for the series, cannot.
    But it's fine, because in another total departure, we gain or lose nothing for their survival. We'll basically have them give their weapons to Glade and use them as a wall of meat.

By the way, I have no set plans for either the Wrath book or the Charge manual, if anyone has some ideas about those.
    In terms of healers, given the size of the map and the ballista, I reccomend Nanna for this one over either of the Priests, though I suppose Seram or Asvel could take a few shots to bring the healing as well.
    I'd sadly not reccomend Robert, since we are bringing a mandatory archer this map. I know. You may hold your sorrow.

Selfina and Karin are mandatory, and we max out at 8, so vote for 5 units from our active character list.
    I've updated said list.

This'll likely be EXP-heavy, so if you'd be willing to grant me permission about who on your vote list that's level 16 or above it'd be cool to promote if they get in range this map, I'll pack a few goodies. (You can say "All," "None," or "Tell Me About Their Promotions.") We've got a couple of units who are within spitting distance of level 20, so it's worth asking. We have 6 Knight's Proofs, and we'll probably be having a serious talk about them soon.

Only Lara's Fatigued Enough To Matter
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-06-13 at 04:28 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #245

Marita this map or next, with the elite sword of course, and all the un-benched mounted units! All of them, I say! How many does that leave us with?

We might want another healer. Maybe Asvel since he can fight damn well too? It might be fun to try out the dark Mage too. Is there anything worth stealing?

Please tell about their promotions.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

We'll be getting the +30% defensive growth scroll at the start of the next map, so Marita might want to wait until then, though she doesn't have to by any means.

Anyway, bringing all the unbenched mounted characters leaves us with... negative four slots. We don't have space to bring all of them, particularly since Chapter 10 has us with guys like Bryton and Hicks not on the bench yet, so actually go back through the list and pick some like a reasonable person.
    If you want my recommendation for mounted units, I'd bring Fergus and Carion, naturally, Nanna for the heals... Uh, Fin, I guess, if you want to go all-mounted... There's space for Olwen, but you could use that spot for one of the mages and have access to extra staves that way, too.

There's nothing particularly worth stealing.

Of the people on your list (That is, mounteds) who are in the zone where promotions might be thought about...

Fin promotes to a Duke Knight, like his buddy Glade there. This offers him +2 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +2 Spd, +2 Def, +1 Con, +1 Mov, +1 Lance Rank, the last of which doesn't mean anything to Fin. Not great, but Fin's starting to lag; he'll need these to keep up. For Fin, this is probably the point in the game where you decide whether you're with him all the way, or whether he's about served his purpose. It's a hard thing to face, but that's life.

Fergus promotes to a Forrest Knight, a class he shares with exactly one other unit.
    In terms of stats, +2 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +3 Spd, +2, +1 Con, +1 Bld, +1 Sword Rank, the sword rank being irrelevant to Fergus.
    Forrest Knights (Uh, you sure you've got that right, Serenes?) suffer the lowest dismounting penalties in the game -- just the movement penalty (and with his boosted move, you wouldn't even notice it on Fergus. He moves as fast as a regular foot soldier off his horse) and a -1 penalty to defense. That's pretty handy, since the endgame is a series of entirely indoor maps. The stat gains are slightly better than Fin's (by 1 point), but on a unit whose doing all-around better to start with, and has better weapon options as the game goes on as well, and into a slightly better class, too: by the time he gets to level 20, those bonuses may well catapult Fergus into striking range of maxing a few nice stats, without ever having to do much in the name of all-scroll arena-grinding. And that just puts a smile on my face.

Carion promotes into a Paladin (Male). Well, it's not that male and female paladins are different. It's that someone coming to Paladin from Cavalier gets a different promotion than someone coming to it from Troubadour, like Nanna. Anyway, stat gains are +2 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +2 Spd, +2 Def, +1 Con, +1 Mov, +1 Sword Rank. Someone knows his place in the world is to tank, and Tank. He. Shall. That strikes me as being the best thing about this promotion compared to some of the other ones, though Carion sure could use more sword rank. Like Fergus, he stands a good chance of having a good many things capped, though he's had a lot more help getting there.

Robert Because you asked about mounteds, although I'd not recommend him here, since it'd be hard to cover for not one but two archers, Robert promotes to a Bow Knight, with +2 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +2 Spd, +2 Def, +1 Con, +1 Mov, +1 Bow Rank bringing him to A Rank Bows, and who knows what else. His spread is basically just like Carion, although, really, while he gets proportionally more from the defensive boost, he's also less inclined to use it, except maybe for wall-sniping battles (very possible).

Since she's coming, here's Karin's...

Karin promotes into a Pegasus Knight, for gains of +2 Str, +2 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Bld, +1 Mov, +1 Lance Rank. Simple and well-rounded, though she hardly needs the speed. Still, the rest of it won't be missed at all, even if it is rather dull. Pegasus knights are, on the whole, less impressive than dragon knights stat-wise, but also take less of a giant penalty come dismount time.

Also, since you were interested in spare healers, I will mention Safy's as well, though I think this is more for future reference: she's squishy enough that I don't want her in more ballista-filled maps, please thanks.

Safy promotes to a High Priest, with stat gains of +3 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Mov, +1 Staff Rank, +1 Light Magic Rank. To be honest...Safy, our Safy, would not get a lot. She's a single point away from maxing speed. We don't own any light magic yet. She's an A-rank staff user. She's maxed magic and skill. Basically, she would max speed, get a point in defense and move, and would get the ability to try and keep raising her Luck, Move, and Defense (the latter of which are pretty unlikely).... And get to hurt people, althought hopefully only people who'd never try to hurt her with anything but magic. When we get tomes, anyway. It strikes me that, as miserable as it feels to run someone who gets no EXP from taking actions, when we need a staff rank and/or a heck of a lot of magic on a healer, we can just use Safy perfectly as she is and not notice the difference until we get more Knight's Proofs, and use other staff-users, maybe train up our Elite Manual holder and Tina or the like when we want people besides Nanna in the meanwhile. I leave it to y'all's discretion.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fergus
    Carion
    Asvel
    Nanna
    *Someone not Robert* :(

I say we line Fergus and Carion up for the promotions.
    And Deme, for the last vote slot in mine you can pick someone you would like to see promoted and toss them in the mix.
    Last edited by Javan; 2014-06-14 at 08:16 AM.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -A.C. Clarke

8. - Top - End - #248

Ah, okay. Thanks! In that case:

Fergus
    Carion
    Asvel (with a spare staff)
    Nanna
    Olwen! With Ambush!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

My vote list is the same as Coffee's, this time. For promotions, Karin and Fergus, and I wouldn't object to Carion either.

Also, may I mention that with Karin being both mandatory and ballista-prone, this might be a good time to use that Shield Ring?
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

10. - Top - End - #250

Ooh yes, let's promote all three of them!

Another reason I like Olwen (and Marita) is that this game's low, universal caps means that most end-game units will end up with around the same stats, especially with scrolls. This means that a far better way to distinguish between units is through innate abilities like skills, weapon access, and PCC. It's interesting, though I'm not sure how much I like it.

Anyway, that's why I like Marita and Olwen so much. Their innate abilities are beautiful.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2014-06-15 at 08:31 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, liking Marita means you have functioning brain cells. That girl is dynamite.

It certainly is an interesting design philosophy, and one you see very rarely in the series in this point onward. I'd say that the only games where things besides the numbers (and maybe class) are super-relevant after this are the Tellius games (which I've always held as the successors of this game, in terms of stuff like map design philosophy. No, really. Go look at them again. They're Thracia 776, but modern and not evil.) and maaaaaaybe Awakening, with all their class-set stuff. And even then, it's much less extreme than it is here, which is probably a good thing. I think, here, that there might not be enough value on the stats.
    But you about hit it on the head: Stuff outside the immediate row of numbers becomes increasingly important as the game goes on.

Which is why it might be a good idea to come up with some plans for that Wrath book. I'm not sure what to do with it, but there's not a character coming up who I think would be better than who we have: I'd recommend a character who could use an edge, something fun, but who otherwise has a use.
    Someone who's going to be attacked (so not a priest or archer), and who needs a damage boost. We're looking for someone with a PCC below 3 (so they aren't already critting constantly), as well, so someone like Marty, Karin, Fin ...Maybe even Leaf, since the enemy loves attacking him? Of course, Leaf's about 4 levels from sitting around like a useless lump until his promotion in chapter 18, so that's a thing. I'd say Marty doesn't need the help, personally, which makes me think Karin might be a good choice, particularly if we enjoy deadly fliers. (If you do not enjoy deadly fliers, you, sir, are lying.)
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-06-15 at 10:01 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #252

MindFlayer

I'm in favour of anything that lets Karin murder more people.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

13. - Top - End - #253

I am always a fan of making Karin even more of a killing machine. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is the inevitable Wyvern rider, but I don't know his/her stats offhand.

Anyway, thanks! And yeah, I agree. Especially with the Radiance games. So many fun ways to combine Vantage, Adept, Resolve, and Wrath. But those games and Awakening did a great job at balancing stats and skills, I think.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2014-06-15 at 04:55 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I've already shown you one of our two Wyvern riders: that's an elite book candidate, and we all seemed to agree we had no interest in her.
    The game gives us 2 dragon riders/dragon knights and two Pegasus rider/Pegasus knights, tops...
    I'm not sure I'd recommend Dean, Eda's older brother and one of the guys we saw chatting in the preamble, for the wrath book, for reasons we'll see in a map or two, when he joins. I'm not sure I'd recommend the other Pegasus Knight for anything.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #255

Wrath Karin it is then! At least from me.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Wrath Karin it is then! At least from me.
    I'll jump on board this ship.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -A.C. Clarke

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Works for me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 13: It's Promotion Season!
    Spoiler
    Show

Alright, we're all inventoried and ready to rock!

Rocking will commence shortly! Half of our army has to get on their horses.

While Karin has...Other things to do. Things like learning how to be death on wings, bringing untold suffering unto our enemies.
    Sticking close to Nanna while she takes out that Ballista is probably Karin's best bet: Leaf's too slow to offer good protection, but Nanna's got Charisma, meaning she'll be boosting Karin's dodging, and Karin and Fergus have their supports, so that'll help her a bit as well. Supports aren't yet something you build, in case I haven't explained it thoroughly enough; a character that supports another grants a 10% bonus to accuracy, avoid, critical and critical evade when the other character is within a 3-square radius. Here, the effect isn't mutual unless the other character supports back. Karin and Fergus do support mutually, so this is her best chance of getting in range to take out the ballista.

Olwen gets Ambush going as well. Yay, skills!

And, somehow, Olwen is a more attractive bait for the ballista. Or Karin's inside the ballista's range bubble. Whatever.

The only other action this turn is a squad of horse archers. They do about two HP worth of damage to Fergus, and that's about it.

Ballista #1, down.

Lance rank! Yaaay!

Fergus takes out a horse archer for the first level of the map!

+1 Hp, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Luk
    Minimal, but full of essential vitamins and nutrients.

The generic allies will be giving all of their supplies to their commander. Lenster and the Liberation Army thanks you, boys.

They stand there in bafflement, wondering why their commander -- or, perhaps, their god -- would be so cruel as to order them to be left weaponless in the face of such a great foe. Perhaps they already know: with weapons or without, they wouldn't have stood a chance.

...Dang, that's bleak. I'm sorry.

You know what cheers me up? Murder!

Taking out the rest of the archers is pretty easy. I leave one alive, I think more because half the squad is promoted and I like EXP than out of mercy or pragmatism.

The Lenster meatshields stand ready to face their certain fates.

Ow. But, eh, it's not Karin. She just has to deal with the surviving archers!
    Neither of whom hit her.

Ballista #2 taken out. How did these guys get up here, anyway?

Asvel gets a healing level!

+1 Mag, +1 Luk, +1 Def
    Oh, excellent! Good work, my boy!

Carion and Leaf handle the remaining horse archers, hopefully once and for all...

Fergus gets a movement star, which means he can charge ahead to try and capture a guy!

Aand done.

The Lenster guys do a decent job of lasting, if only because their opponents do not hit. Except this guy.

Karin finishes off this reinforcement...

And Fergus clears a bridge.

The Lenster army sadly begins to fall quickly. You were brave and noble soldiers...Who were completely irrelevant to everything.

Fergus takes some hits.

As does, actually, Karin. That arrow did less damage than I thought it would.

Karin weakens this guy as part of, you know, general foreward progres...

And Olwen clears the path for our boys.

Here's the status of our castle. Poor, poor Lenster knights.

There will be archers coming out of there presumably forever. Or at least until we're over the bridge.

Man, he is hanging in there like a trooper!

We're starting to get to the zone of enemies...

So Fergus is going to sit down at the edge of the boss's range and bait him out. He's got some scrolls, so he's protected from killing weapons. Let's do this.

Also, another Ballista bites the dust.

Selfina visits a village.

"Here, take this Hammer. I'm sure you could always use more weapons."

Hammers are always nice! The game assumes you hate enemy armors as much as the game hates your armors. Your one armor.

Carion takes out one of the two guards for that former ballista.

The trooper finally leaves this world. Goodnight, soldier.

And the final generic soldier falls.

Pushing Glade and Fergus into the fray.

Fergus is basically swarmed by ranged attackers, which does produce some very strange things...

Like this mage getting killed because he has no choice but to close-range attack Fergus.

Leaf's been taking on some of the endless reinforcements and actually helps take one out. Good for you!

The boss tromps up to Fergus, forced to come in close range...

Something I am sure he will deeply, deeply regret.

All the regret.

And on the turn following, after a little healing...

We say goodbye to our boss for this map.

Really? That's what you go out on? What a petty little man.

+1 HP, +1 Str, + Skl, +1 Def
    Ooh, defense! He doesn't get a lot of that!
    Though Fergus may well run into trouble if he doesn't get some healing in him right quick.

Selfina: Attempts to take an action, gets doubled. Never again.
    Never. Again.

Karin clears out another ballista.

I plunge Carion into the action...

For a lance rank. Not bad.

Olwen clears out an archer, and all I can do now is bunker down and hope.

Oh, surprise! Reinforcements!

...The enemy flees. This is confusing and distressing.

So I just start randomly breaking into the cluster of fleeing opponents, hoping to gain levels in the process.

Karin finally gets to using that Shield ring someone voted onto her. I went with it because I agreed.

I hate bolting guys. This fella is Karin's next target.
    ...It sounds like she has a hit list.
    She does.

We start working on that hit list.

And miss both times. Dangit.
    I really hope he doesn't get the bright idea to try attacking Karin up close, allowing her wrathed-up self to kill him, denying us his stuff. That is probably what will happen.

Meanwhile, I try and send the boys into battle, to hopefully make some sense out of what is going on here.

And Nanna blocks a line of escape.

At this point, I really do not know what is happening. I mean, I get most of it. The regular troops retreat when the boss is killed. But how do I tell the difference? Who will attack me, and who will not? What's going ON?!!

And so on. It's all gone strange.

My concern re: that guy? Totally accurate.

+1 HP
    My level? Totally disappointing.

Karin visits the house to make up for it, though.

"Take this Knight's Proof. Make good use of it."

Wooh! Knight's proof!

Leaf finally takes out the final horse archer, who chased him all this way.

And movement stars, so free staff for us!

A problem: Carion's been hurt, but there's people between him and healers. Now, I could embark on an elaborate scheme...
    Or I could remember I have a physic staff.

I'm a little dissapointed by lack of scheme.

So dissapointed I forget all about it in the next five seconds and then am forced to use the scheme, but with less resources.
    ADHD: Bad for tactical strategy, as it turns out.

+1 Mag, +1 Luk
    Ooh, honey! Look at that Heim scroll!

The scheme being to clear a path using Carion, use the mounted's kill and move feature, and then rush Asvel to him.

Success!

Ah, counter-killing. The American Thracian Dream.
    We just sit back and let everything swarm.

+1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Luk
    We're getting close, folks!
    Also, that's a pleasant, if sparse, level.

By the way, if I haven't said what Glade's been doing, like, ever...
    Uh....
    This is it. He dodges. He rarely hits, because I had him switch his silver weapon for an iron one to give the boys EXP. That is the whole of his experience.

Selfina visits the last house.

Thanks for the warning, game.

Still working on pretty much the same stuff as before.

+1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 Bld
    Carion, gaining pretty dang solid levels!

The last escapees escape, making this map much clearer and easier for me.

Karin finally returns to the action!

We send Carion to take that side...

And Fergus to clean up Leaf's failures.

At this point, you probably do not need the play-by-play. It was pretty repetitive. The enemies were the same. My units were the same. It was all the same.

Oh, though it is fun to note that Karin fears nothing from Armor Knights now.

Let's get to the levels.

+1 HP, +1 Skl
    As one of his final levels before becoming a paladin, I'm going to say...That's really a bummer, dude. Step it up for the next one. Give us a nice cap.

+1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Skl, +Spd
    Now, see that? That's a cap!

+1 HP, +1 Str
    And Karin follows up with a lovely, if very minimal, level of her own.

But this means it's...Promotion time for Fergus!

Double-headed horse!

+2 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +3 Spd, +2, +1 Con, +1 Bld
    MMm.....Maxed strength.

Also, I see the patch goes with "First Knight." Whatever. He is, though, fatigued for next map, so...I may have gone a little overboard here. Heh.

Before we show more levels, we actually have some conversations to go through! Glade's a popular guy!

You know, he could be surprised because it's been several years, and I don't know about you, but a person doesn't have to grow into a teenager for them to be barely recognizable to *me.*

"That's right, Glade. We will return to Lenster. We will save our people from Imperial oppression, and fly the flag of the Gae Bolg from Castle Nova once again!"

"Now that King Calf and King Cuan are deceased, you are our only hope. Please fulfill your father's wishes!"

I'd be more bothered that this conversation was sort of dull, but it was just so enthusiastic. Leaf is a total figurehead, but everyone's so happy and desperate to have one, and I think it is nice to give Dorias some more screen time, I suppose.

Selfina also has a conversation with her husband.

Glade is deeply unimpressed.

See, Dorias? I was right!
    "It's already been 10 years since I saw him at Alster...He's already 15 now."

First thing you do when you meet up with your spouse in a war zone: gossip about your boss/children of old friends.

Naturally, they only have this bit of the conversation if Leaf talked to Glade first. It's totally worth a slightly meh conversation to make this one so much cuter.

No, no, it would have been incredibly dumb to bring not one but two toddlers into a war zone, across a desert. Honestly, the fact that she did not bring him with her to her death probably saved his life.
    But I'm sure she missed him. Which is not the same thing.

Awww. That's really a very sweet image -- though, from this perspective, it's melencholy at best. Altena doesn't recall Leaf in the slightest, now, or her mother.

In which we learn that Selfina can be distracted from the fragility of her dreams, and the horror of the world around her, by shinies. Or so her husband believes, and he's probably right.

No, Glade. Don't be silly. She will never be using it.
    It belongs to important people.

The brave bow works like the other brave weapons: two attacks, four if you double. it's not locked to Selfina, so under no circumstances will she ever use it.

Carion gets a sword rank.

+1 HP, +1 Skl, +1 Def
    And his final level as a Cavalier.

Which means....It is time. For a promotion!

Cue the pillar of light.

Summon the double-headed horse.

+2 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +2 Spd, +2 Def, +1 Con, +1 Mov

He's truly a worthy knight of Lenster. Glade, get out of here.

I basically jettison all non-essential personell: all people not healers, heavy defenders (Carion and Fergus), Leaf, and Carion.

Karin gets her penultimate level as a pegasus rider.
    +1 Str
    I can't decide if I'm disapointed, or if that's all I really want.

Leaf even gets a level!
    +2 HP, +1 Str, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk
    A very nice level! Good boy, Leaf!

Karin gets a lance rank.

Asvel levels, showing how much fighting is going on here...
    +1 Skill, +1 Luk
    Which is dissapointing indeed.

Let's hope for better for Karin's final pre-promotion level...?

+1 HP, +1 Skl, +1 Def
    No. But there is defense!

Which leads to our final promotion for this chapter.

+2 Str, +2 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Bld, +1 Mov

Not a bad promotion, though Karin'll probably need a stamina drink next chapter. Well, we'll see.

+1 Mag
    Aand Nanna gets a Heim-scroll aided level...

+1 HP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Bld
    And one from Leaf that's rather nice to see us out.

Let's get out of this place.

Oh, what about my kindness? I'm the one who brought him here!

"I'm sorry, Linoan. I should have come earlier."
    "I was in prison."

"He was not afraid to give up his life to make way for a new world. I am proud of him. His death saddened me... and Imperial oppression was harsh... but I lived though it hoping I would see you again.
    But now...I have put thousands of Tahra's people in danger. I...just don't know what to do anymore..."

The options are difficult: submit to the empire, as most other leaders have (those who have survived), and Tahra's people suffer through things like the child hunts, and you've shown that, no matter what they do, you'll fold in the face of that superior force. Don't submit, as Linoan's father always had, and well... Superior. Force. They're an empire. You're a city-state. You're boned.

"It's alright, Linoan. Don't worry."

Alright, Leaf...But that's a mighty tall order.

Growths and Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

Glade
    HP:60%
    Str:45%
    Mag:5%
    Skill:35%
    Speed:35%
    Luck:35%
    Def:30%
    Bld:15%
    Mov: 1%
    PCC: 1

Glade's basically Fin, except worse in almost every conceivable way. His one plus is that he has an authority star, but if you're looking for one of those...Uh. Fin. The guy you've had for ages, and is in the same class group, probably with better stats, if only due to having more growing room compared to his bases and starting level (and that Fin still has his promotion gains ahead)... If this goes on, this will start sounding like a tract supporting Fin, which isn't quite what I'm trying to do. The point is is that calling Glade second-rate is really stretching it. He's third-rate, tops. He's average at his best.

Dean (Joins at the Start of Next Chapter, But we saw him in the preamble, and I was already talking about him above)

HP: 75%
    Str: 55%
    Mag: 5%
    Skl: 50%
    Spd: 30%
    Luk: 40%
    Def: 30%
    Bld: 30%
    Mov: 1%
    PCC: 3

We'll talk more about Dean when we see his bases next chapter, but he's a pretty solid guy for a pre-promoted unit, and certainly one of the game's better choices in the flier department; he'll likely be our go-to guy for scenarios where Karin can't come for whatever reason. His growths are quite good, though he's already promoted, and doesn't have as much growing room as some; his PCC is solid; he gets a unique weapon with a brave effect (that I dread getting); a movement star; and he has solid weapon ranks, too. He's pretty competent, though whether he's good or great seems to depend on whether you're willing to put the time into his sister and just matter of opinion.

Eda
    Hp: 65%
    Str: 40%
    Mag: 20%
    Skl: 35%
    Spd: 60%
    Lck: 30%
    Def: 20%
    Bld: 5%
    Mov: 3%

I've already talked about Eda during the Elite Book vote... Since we're not taking the time to baby her, she's not really going to measure up: she starts very low, and takes a while to get running. If allowed to run on her own, without scroll abuse, she might end up pretty OK, but I think that we, at least, are good.

Bonus: A Conversation I Forgot
    Spoiler
    Show

If we had brought Fin, he'd have had this conversation with Glade. I forgot to post it initially, probably due to fatigue. My bad.

Fin: Glade! You're all right!

Glade: Fin! It's been a long time.

Fin: Ever since the battle at Alster... It's been 10 years now.

Glade: Yes, a long time indeed... You have protected Lord Leaf well all this years. I must thank you.

Fin: You also deserve thanks. You rescued Count Dorias and built up the Lansritter. If it weren't for them, Lord Leaf would never had made it this far.

Glade: We made a promise that day, that I would protect the flag of Lenster, and that you would protect Lord Leaf. ...With our lives.

Fin: Yes... And now, that promise has been fulfilled. But, Glade, this is just the beginning. We still have a long way ahead of us.

Glade: Yes, we must return to Lenster and restore the flag of the Gae Bolg... That's when we can finally have a drink together again. Anyway, take Lord Leaf into the castle. An enemy legion is approaching. It's dangerous out in the open!

I don't really have further comment on it. Maybe I didn't forget it at all. But I do like the image of them having this long-promised drink.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-06-24 at 01:04 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

I always like right after a unit promotes, it feels like something new, yet familiar. Like an old friend you haven't seen in a long time.
    Then again, it's nothing like that. But that's what it feels like.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

It's a nice moment, yeah, though I think the effect is more dramatic on some than on others.

Chapter 14 Preamble
    Spoiler
    Show

There is no world map: we are plunged down without preamble. However, I will save the map, and a full explanation of all the sorrows ahead of us, for when we've had some amble to precede us.

Did you see that guy's build? Do you honestly think he was worth a use of the sleep staff to capture him? Aw, heck no.

"Rist directly went against his commander's orders. He only got what he deservered."

Poor fella. I honestly feel some sympathy, if only because he acknowledges that the choices that have led him here aren't good, but...As with his incompotent followers, they're his responsibility. He can't pretend they were someone else's fault, and I respect that.

And, anyway, it's not like there's any getting off this train he's on.
    Wait. That's another game.

Did someone say double bosses? Someone said double bosses!

Paulus: "Yes, I will send my forces to aid you once they are ready."

Fuuun.

Standing in the city, it looks li--

Or not. I guess "Whatever units I have scattered about" counts as "the other commanders"? Or do we assume these scenes happen in some other timeframe?
    Because I just randomly select units for these; I am not sure Tina should be a commander, she is probably, like, 12.

Dean is actually, on the map, at the south gate; it's a lovely touch.

"After my father was killed, our mansion was taken away, and for two years I was unable to even go outdoors freely. The cruel surrogate would constantly threaten me to tell him where the prince was. The thought of that abuse still sends shivers down my spine...
    But then... Dean rescued me from that nightmare. He protected me from the Empire's assassins, and always cheered me up when I was about to break down. He always laughed it off, but I was sure he was a well-known mercenary. I never knew he was working under Lord Arione..."

I forget if we discussed Arione the last time he might have come up, but we probably will very soon, so I won't talk about him much here.

Nah, we've voted, you're not doing anything, Eda. (One of my guides takes a moment of editorial to describe her as "At least she's better than Ronan. Ouch, guide-maker. Ouch.)

Map!
    This is an unusual one, given that it's a Defense map! Our first map of a whole new objective, at least as I can recall. We have to hold out and prevent people from getting inside the inner city, where Leaf is now, for 10 turns. We'll be getting pretty much non-stop waves of armors from now until then, making our jobs difficult, but also profitable for, say...Marita, possibly. That's the plan.
    We've got about 4 choke points -- the side gates, which'll open, and the broken walls, which'll....um, break. Sady, those are a bit covered by my map: you can juuuust barely see one of them around the bottom terrain info text boxes, though the other's rather clear. Ballista abound for those who get too close to the sides of the map.

The number of houses is strange: some are visatable, most don't offer rewards. However, we need to visit a number (at least 3, but as many, ideally, as 6) of them to get to the bonus chapter. The outer houses, annoyingly enough, are pretty key visits: one will eventually contain a lance for Dean...

And it's guarded by Paulus, who's a formidable threat with some great gear, including the best normal wind tome in the game, and, with his 4 gosh-darned authority stars, is going to be a pain in the rear. He's accompanied by a variety of enemies to make it even trickier.

Baldak has some nice gear, including a brave effect weapon in the Master Lance...that we'd never really be able to take from him. (Tina good, but I'd not call it worth it.)

On the plus side, we have a few new fliers...

Eda, who is useless to us...But this is OK. We have Karin, and...

We have Dean, who is pretty solidly not useless to us. That scroll he's carrying is what Marita's been wanting: +5% Str, -10% Spd, +30% Def, +5% Mov. Defense for Marita!

Alrighty!

I'm brining Safy for staff shenanaigans, Nanna for recruiting someone, Lara for assisting, and Marita for leveling. We have a whopping 14 total slots, so pick 9 more characters!
    On musings, it'd be possible to capture Paulus (with staff shenanaigans) with Seram's sleep staff, though that's not vital, and I'd be willing to stamina drink Karin, because movement would be handy, but I'd also call it not essential. It's a rough map, but I think it can be done.

Fatigue
    Karin is Fatigued
    Fergus is Fatigued
    Carion 34/43
    Nanna 15/29, but she's coming anyway.
    Olwen 5/25
    Asvel 11/32
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #261

Seems like Othin, and maybe Havan, would be good choices for this map.
    ~ZA

22. - Top - End - #262

Lara to be sacrificed on the altar of. "Why didn't you tell us you could dance earlier!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Othin
    Asvel
    Pahn (for solo house-visiting)
    Shiva
    Tina (may as well start getting her some levels)
    Robert
    Olwen
    Last edited by Sallera; 2014-06-25 at 05:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Fergus is fatigued, so he can't come.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

I was even looking at that list, too; not sure how I managed to slip him in there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

1) Robert
    2) Asvel
    3) Shiva
    4) Marita Marty
    5) Olwen
    6) Othin
    7) Carion (I forget can they reach the fatigue limit mid-map? If so make this Marty)
    8) Pahn
    9) Tina
    Last edited by Javan; 2014-06-25 at 08:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

They can *reach* fatigue limit, but it doesn't matter. Heck, they can surpass it by an infinite (theoretically) margin. Fatigue is only relevant when deploying units: hence you have scenarios like the end of last map, where Fergus and Karin were both fighting well past fatigue point, and by the end of 14x, Lara was about 3 times as fatigued as she has to be to sit out a map, but within the map, still perfectly capable of dancing or whatever I wanted her to do. When a character's as close as Carion is, it's just a matter of sitting out this map, or the next one, because he'll have to sit out at least one. Pick your battles.

Fun Fact: a character sitting directly on the limit, that is, 48 fatigue out of 48 hit points, or whatever, can still go. It's only when that character gets 49 fatigue that they get Fatigued, and can't be deployed.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

This is a two-parter, since I have come down with something, and it turned out to be at least 300 screenshots long.

Chapter 13, Part 1: The Reign of Terror Begins
    Spoiler
    Show

I apparently did not get a picture of our crew, but I believe I can take everyone who recieved a vote! Hooray!

By the way, I've calculated Marita's scrolled-up growths: I'm having her carry the Fala, Hezul, Bala, Neir, and when we get it, Dain, scrolls first... Which make her growths look like this:
    110 HP
    95 Str
    20 Mag
    80 Skl
    85 Spd
    55 Lck
    65 Def
    20 Bld
    8 Mov
    Sometime, after she maxes out some things, I will need to switch in some luck-boosters. And maybe some magic. Just for everything.
    She's got the elite sword, and we're already bringing Safy. I'm hoping we can have...Fun.

And by "Fun" I mean DESTRUCTION FOR ALL THAT OPPOSES! LET US GIVE RISE TO A GODDESS OF DEATH, PROVIDED OUR ENEMIES DON'T TURN HER TO CHUNKY BITS!
    Tina will be carrying the rest of our scrolls. Except for Odo, which is riding with Marty today.

Let's do this.
    To be honest, I'm a little terrified of this map. I can't even explain why, exactly. I'm just chilled.

Anyway, first off, let's have Nanna -- and only Nanna -- visit this house.
    I'm, uh, not sure if it counts for the qualifications. Probably not? Probably?
    *shrug*
    I know the two other houses you get things from do not count.

For the record, he'll shoo away men and children (which I think probably just means Tina), and tell non-Nanna women to essentially get in line. Class act.

"And you're just sitting here drining in broad daylight...You should be ashamed!"

It takes a special sort of person to smack a guy and give him a good talking-to, apparently while crying and evoking sympathy. Nanna has achieved maximum Disney Princess.

Homer (Called Homeros by anything with more room, but since I'm stuck staring at Homer, Homer he shall be to me) here's a bard, one of the prize classes of the SNES fire emblems -- unlike the GBA bards, who are basically genderswapped dancers, bards are mages who can use any non-dark magic (save staves) before promoting into sages (which means, yes, Homer gets the incredibly over-the-top sage promotion. In fact, it might be *more ridiculous* than mage->sage, if such a thing is possible.)
    He may be weak, but see, Homer's got a trick up his sleeve...
    I mean, besides the stamina drink. He was probably planning on using that for his own purposes. Yeah, that's going in the pile.

Homer has Elite naturally, and his doubled EXP will soon wipe away all concerns about his being low-leveled, as will his fine growths. Light magic rises about the magic triangle, so it's just a natural advantage, and he's one of the candidates for the really good light magic tomes.
    He's pretty fantastic.

Anyway, I get Dean to hand Marita the Dain scroll, take a deep breath, and send her outward.

...And have Marty visit a house.

"If this city is going under their control, then I have no reason to stay."
    I see.

Can't blame you, dude that Asvel visited.

The east and west gates open.

The ballistae begin to fire, which leads naturally to...

...That is how unfair this map is. That's just...how it is.
    I EXPECT YOU ALL TO GET USED TO IT!

Reset Counter +1
    Total: 29?

I'm sorry, I'm losing count. Let's all pretend this is an accurate number until I can fix it.

Good news: no one got hit by the ballista in alternate that-round!

Bad news: Now, I knew the walls broke.
    I did not know what they did was opened, like gates or doors.
    I thought the enemies would chip them down, like breakable walls in later games.
    WRONG.

THEY JUST WALK UP TO THEM AND BLAMMO, HOLE.
    This is unlikely to screw you, but I feel an unpleasant surprise.

Alrighty, let's see some action!

That was so fast it felt anticlimactic.

Pahn visits a house,

and gets to go to Tina for healing...

Which misses. Lucky for us all, Tina gets a movement star. Oh, movement stars.

Nanna visits what I think is the second-to-last house.
    Future Deme: I am wrong.

...Anyway, we have staff antics to get to, so let's, uh, get to those. This is one of the more frustrating bits of the map, honestly.

First, we need Safy to warp Dean to this particular house.
    Which he will visit.

Dun-dun-duuuh!

Honestly, I feel like every time she gets this close to Leaf, the space-time continuum should start feeling a little scared. Which is why she and Trabant and co keep popping up -- they're too important not to appear, and too important that continuity with them is super important.

Dragonlance? So he's a DND nerd, but he still ends up dating a girl like Linoan... Not bad, Arione!
    ...I kid, I kid.

Dean. It's time to introduce you to the first rule of the Liberation Army:
    Never. Refuse. Stuff.

Also, there's a pretty big gap between Princess and Queen. And, you know. Every other reason that won't work.

Really? Because it sounds like you agree with her.

Oh, man! The dragon lance!
    The dragon spear is a great weapon, giving a brave effect and the ambush skill, with a might of 16!
    If the game equiped it right here, right now, everything would be fine.

As it stands, the area around Dean will murder him in 2 seconds.

So, for my next trick, I'lll be pulling a dragon knight out of a death trap!

With the aid of my lovely assistant...

And a wave of this magic wand...

Abracadabra, we're not boned!
    As it turns out, I play the map agressively enough that maybe, juuuust maybe, this wasn't necessary. But I was cutting it close enough that I was glad I still went about it the sort of standard way -- I couldn't have been sure of it.

Defense being the name of the game, let's talk positions for pushing forward. Marita will be trying the risky tactic of advancement through devouring wave after wave of enemy. Carion will be funnelling dudes toward her, or cleaning up rifraf, and Nanna and Leaf (+ King Sword) are on Charisma duty to help her.
    Othin and Shiva are blocking chokepoints, while I move Marty into position.

Robert tenses and readies his greatbow, preparing to fire on anything that threatens to overwhelm Marita.

Everyone else hides as best they can. Asvel will try to make his way back to the fighting which will soon break out.

So far, so good.

My plan has some small kinks. Marita needs more power than the Elite Sword provides... Maybe if I alternate?

By the way, in case you thought to yourself "Oh, hey, a defensive map with little movement! This'll be the perfect time to use my armor knight!"
    ...Ha ha ha!
    Silly person. Over a third of these armor knights have hammers.

Olwen had taken some Ballista damage, and I was starting to sweat, but it turned out she was fine.

Shiva got a level cutting down armored knights!
    ...I considered showing all the fighting, but we'd be here forever. As it stands, we'll be here merely "nearly forever." Long enough that I'm cutting this into two parts - Future Deme.
    +1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Bld
    Not bad.

Carion gets a surprising amount of action this turn. It all goes like this.

Olwen's doing a good job of not dying horribly. Yay for charisma!

Marita's first level on this map!
    +1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def
    Every round she survives makes her that much harder to kill.

MOVE! WE GOT MOVE UP IN HERE! RACE FORTH, MY ATALANTA OF DESTRUCTION!

This boss thinks he's being clever, attacking Carion over the wall. And scary. Horrifying, really. I might have to try killing him just to get him out of Marita's way.

Pahn! Help clear the way!

5 PCC. It's a good thing.

...Tina. You *have* to stop missing your heal staves.

Thread, you know who was entirely right to bring 4 stave users? You guys. You guys were the *most right*.
    This isn't a case where I was doubting you, specifically, so much as calling attention to it here. Of course, half of them serve other functions, and this is also good. Also, half of them, you didn't vote for.
    I'm just pointing it out. Having this many people who can use staves about is super handy. It will only get more useful as the game continues.

Marita, meanwhile, begins a counter-offense. She'll probably be switching between Marita's sword and the Elite Sword often, to get a better advantage of her foes.

Robert's suited well to playing bodyguard, but it's an unusual sort of guarding: not acting as a shield, but finding foes like these archers, who'd stay always just outside of Marita's sword, tormenting her and never recieving punishment, safe behind enemy lines.
    But, my friends, no one is as safe from a greatbow as they'd like to think they are, and he can simply ride into an empty spot...

Fall the opponent from a distance, and then ride back to his own saftey.

+1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 Def
    And he is, of course, splendidly rewarded...If unnoticed.

Anyway, this round, every single one of our staff wielders has used a staff.

So, hey, buddy... Bet you weren't expecting...

THIS!

Wow, guess not.

+1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 Def
    Not how I'd have liked it to have gone, in terms of who got the kill, but I like a level where Carion gets three stats he hasn't maxed!

I let Shiva catch a guy for a Javelin.

Having Lara along means twice the Marita action!

Oooh, Marita.

Othin cleans up a little...
    But already, his HP total has me sweating.

Don't worry: Shiva's only hurting because he is carrying an entire person. In heavy armor. The person is taller than him, if the sprite is any indication.

Pahn, despite being deeply attractive as someone to mess with, is also a bad idea to mess with.

Pictured: Pahn leveling up. From being messed with.
    +1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Skl, +1 Luk.

Othin?
    Please stop killing so many people. Or dodge more.
    Are those hit chances accurate?

Just a capture. I can recover this.

Well, monkeybutter.
    Reset Counter: +3
    Total: 31

...I lost Dean to that Ballista...again.

I'll meet you...Uh. Somewhere. Let me figure out where I am.

At the end of the player phase for this round, is where. Which is enough to cross my fingers and pray.
    +1 HP, +1 skl, +1 Luk, +1 Def
    Is Pahn's level this time. I'd prefer speed on him, being he's a thief, but whatever.

He dodged. He dodged. Oh, thank you, sweet merciful heavens!

Twice. He dodged... Twice.
    *laughs in giddy histeria*

We're going to do it! We're actually gonna do it!
    And then comes a Ballista shot with Othin's name on it.

That's it.
    I give up.

Reset Counter +4
    Total: 32

Ok, trying that again. Everything's more or less the same, since I decided to save-state after Dean dodged. Just in case.
    Deme's no fool.
    I mean, clearly, I am a tactical moron. I allowed all of this to happen.
    But I know how to not inflict further re-recording on myself.

Freeeeedom!

Finally free of my sorrow, I send Pahn to go visit houses.

Probably not. I mean, we don't really know if the whole world is exactly as bad as the peninsula here: the scope of Geneaology is on an entirely different field of scale -- in fact, I'd say these two games have the most extreme senses of scale in the Fire Emblem series, but on opposite ends, so mostly, we just have to take our advisors' words for it... And we don't spend a lot of time in the world the first half builds up in the second half of Geneology anyway...
    But my guess is "Probably, it's all terrible." Though, I suppose you can do better than an active war zone.

Sorry, dude.
    Othin retreats up a bit...

And Marita gets another kill, for another level.

+1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Def
    I would like some build on her. Man, Marita levels make me feel hecka spoiled.

Dean swoops in and kills a ballista. Next goal will be to get him to the little house.

La, la, murder.

This guy? Dumb.

Marita's really starting to come into her own.

+1 HP, +1 Mag, +1 Luk
    He's performing pretty much by averages, if you're wondering.

Most of the enemy phase passes quietly.

+1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd
    A level without Luk or Defense! Hmph.
    *shrug*

Also, sword rank. Cool.

Let's send the Bard into the fray!

+1 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Luk
    Not the best first showing he could have had, honestly...He's got good speed growths.

Marty and Marita go and murder. Also, Marita is reliably getting kills that do not immediately result in levels.
    Sadface.

Shiva takes this guy out. I'm going to try and have Shiva and Carion head south, for that cluster of enemies. Taking on the bosses. Like a boss!

+1 HP, +1 Str, +1`Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def
    That's speed maxed.

+1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Skl, +1 Def, +1 Bld
    Oh, hey! Build! Yes! At last!
    Build seems to be a problem even for a scrolled-up Marita. This gives her up to iron swords without eating into her attack speed, at the very least...But her speed's pretty good, so it's not a huge problem.
    Still, think of it this way: for any weapon heavier than an iron sword or Marita's Sword... A point of build is an extra point of speed.

Nanna got this level healing our travellers, but I'd rather you forget it.
    Forget. forget!

Homer gets a chance to do something, though he mostly can't finish, and Othin has to.

Farewell, round one of the Elite Sword. You've been a fine friend...

+1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 Def, +1 Bld

And welcome to round 2. The elite sword is broken.

Long Live the Elite Sword!
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

The more of this LP I read, the more I am wanting to play Fire Emblem myself. This map actually looks fun.

Hope you feel better soon.

30. - Top - End - #270

Get better soon, Deme! And murderous rampages in games always make me cackle in delight. As long as I'm the one doing the rampaging, of course.