New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] The Trotting Dead-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XV

Mach's Workshop

Mach goes through the files in his mind trying to figure out what the concern about. Positive and negative energy seem to cancel each other out. It wouldn't really be an issue unless it was some sort of radiant energy powering Taylor.

"If you want we can take a small sample from Sandy. Then you can, uh, zap it with some of your energy or something."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Mach's Workshop

Mach goes through the files in his mind trying to figure out what the concern about. Positive and negative energy seem to cancel each other out. It wouldn't really be an issue unless it was some sort of radiant energy powering Taylor.

"If you want we can take a small sample from Sandy. Then you can, uh, zap it with some of your energy or something."
    He nods. "Whatever has the least chance of hurting him."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Blueshield shook her head. "I have a compass, but the map I have wouldn't be particularly helpful. You see, the thing about maps is you need some reference points to actually use them.

"Of course, the forest itself is a reference point. According to my geographic knowledge, there's a rather large and dangerous forest to the north of Bridle Shores. If this is that forest, then proceeding south would be the optimal course of action, and we had best be cautious. I am unfamiliar with this place, but considering my fortune, I suspect we will run afoul of something unpleasant."
    "Then let's go there, running into trouble could put her [the wounded] in even worse danger than us"
    He would try turning with the compass, but still looking around for a willow or something.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "Then let's go there, running into trouble could put her [the wounded] in even worse danger than us"
    He would try turning with the compass, but still looking around for a willow or something.
    Blueshield shook her head. "I have a compass, but the map I have wouldn't be particularly helpful. You see, the thing about maps is you need some reference points to actually use them.

"Of course, the forest itself is a reference point. According to my geographic knowledge, there's a rather large and dangerous forest to the north of Bridle Shores. If this is that forest, then proceeding south would be the optimal course of action, and we had best be cautious. I am unfamiliar with this place, but considering my fortune, I suspect we will run afoul of something unpleasant."
    The dark, dense forest awaited. The pair would find progress to be slow-going, what with Blueshield having injured a wing, and the fact that Luka's heavy armour keep getting encumbered in the dense undergrowth. And the fact that they had to take care of one wounded mare wasn't helping things. At least their pursuers were nowhere to be heard.

Eventually though, they would reach a small stream, which seemed to be flowing in a westernerly direction. They could either follow the stream or press southwards.

At this point too, the mare finally stirred awake, her body nearly slipping off Blueshield's and Luka's grasp in the process. Her violet eyes blinked open, unfocused and confused. "W-where... who are you?" she whispered. In the dim moonlight, her battered ochre coat was visible, the dark brown of her mane hanging free.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    If Gearstride could clench her hoof like a fist she'd be doing it right now. The spirited captain just saw this as an unfairness. She didn't want to speak to Emerald anymore, she just felt she would get into a shouting match. She tagged teamed her lieutenant for the rest of this.
    Silverpine took it as his cue to take over. "What kind of proof would you require then?"

"It's simple. Demonstrate to me, preferably in a setting where I can observe it myself, but photographic evidence or the sort would do just as well, that this process of yours works, within acceptable safety standards and in sufficient enough quantity to feed these... vamponies."

Silverpine glanced at Daniel and Snowstorm for confirmation.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-05-25 at 12:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayor's Office

"Wait, you...you think he's talking about bloodbinding?"

"I-I was just going to get a hold of a whole lot of spare blood, not mass produce it."

"And if you thought just doing that sounded...hmm..."

"We'll....have to think on plan B. But everypony here should know for certain that just regular blood works plenty fine. It's the getting it that's trouble."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

6. - Top - End - #216

Mach's Workshop

And so Mach would go to take a small blood sample from Sandy. He takes the sample over to a workbench and finds some strips that change color if different kind of magic interact with each other, because he's a pegasus and they always seem to have a mechanical answer for magic issues.

"If you want to zap it with anything. Just, uh, nothing destructive."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Mach's Workshop

And so Mach would go to take a small blood sample from Sandy. He takes the sample over to a workbench and finds some strips that change color if different kind of magic interact with each other, because he's a pegasus and they always seem to have a mechanical answer for magic issues.

Taylor spends a few moments considering how to go about this predicament. Eventually, he decides on a balancing point between his two techniques. He exhales, softly, letting a bit of magical energy out with the air, but not anything substantial.

Then, his horn lights up, gathering up the glowing aura of light that follows him around from the end of his tail to the tip of his horn. At this point it's likely that the room is starting to get substantially darker. Gingerly, a small tendril of what looks like sunlight makes its way from the magical appendage on to the bench, like a miniature tentacle, but glowier. Its tip touches the blood, and then the whole thing starts funneling in.

It's worth noting that this is a harmless bit of sun/light magic, but has the same properties as actually standing outside on a clear day. It remains dark for a bit afterwards, and then Taylor's natural passive channeling starts to kick back in, and he goes back to glowing.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    She shakes her head. "I'm sorry. I spent a majority of my time in Canterlot researching methodology and defense, not their history."
    "Then maybe we need somepony who does know these things. Do you have a communication spell?"

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    The dark, dense forest awaited. The pair would find progress to be slow-going, what with Blueshield having injured a wing, and the fact that Luka's heavy armour keep getting encumbered in the dense undergrowth. And the fact that they had to take care of one wounded mare wasn't helping things. At least their pursuers were nowhere to be heard.

Eventually though, they would reach a small stream, which seemed to be flowing in a westernerly direction. They could either follow the stream or press southwards.

At this point too, the mare finally stirred awake, her body nearly slipping off Blueshield's and Luka's grasp in the process. Her violet eyes blinked open, unfocused and confused. "W-where... who are you?" she whispered. In the dim moonlight, her battered ochre coat was visible, the dark brown of her mane hanging free.
    "Easy, easy." Blueshield struggled to keep the mare from falling. "I am Knight Commander Blueshield. You're... in no immediate danger, at least."

She decided to stick with their current course. Faster movement wasn't really worth the risk of getting even more lost. "So who are you, and what were you doing before those ruffians attacked you?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then maybe we need somepony who does know these things. Do you have a communication spell?"
    She nods. "Something like that. I can inscribe a series of symbols in the sky visible - under most circumstances, that is - only to whom I choose. Everypony on the team is familiar with them."

She looks up, and her horn glows. Then, absolutely nothing happens.

Not there, anyway.

---

The Gates

While standing nigh-perfectly still like a disturbing sort of statue with quite the interest in the horizon, something draws Dawnstrider's attention upwards. He stares into the sky for a long while, then sighs. He mutters something like 'I must depart' or possibly 'mustard darts' and trots off.

10. - Top - End - #220

More than getting "encumbered" would be the fact he's kind of slowed down trying to properly carry the mare; armor does not slow him down.
    "Call me Luka, we're just trying to get you safe, away from whoever attacked you"
    He would still look around in case there's a willow or something.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-05-25 at 10:29 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Mach's Workshop

Sandy - upon seeing the needle - screws his eyes shut tight. The ordinarily hardy stallion actually winces when it pierces skin, and doesn't let out his breath until it leaves him again.

Needles. Worst invention of all ponykind...

Taylor spends a few moments considering how to go about this predicament. Eventually, he decides on a balancing point between his two techniques. He exhales, softly, letting a bit of magical energy out with the air, but not anything substantial.

Then, his horn lights up, gathering up the glowing aura of light that follows him around from the end of his tail to the tip of his horn. At this point it's likely that the room is starting to get substantially darker. Gingerly, a small tendril of what looks like sunlight makes its way from the magical appendage on to the bench, like a miniature tentacle, but glowier. Its tip touches the blood, and then the whole thing starts funneling in.

It's worth noting that this is a harmless bit of sun/light magic, but has the same properties as actually standing outside on a clear day. It remains dark for a bit afterwards, and then Taylor's natural passive channeling starts to kick back in, and he goes back to glowing.
    As the aura of sunlight pours into the vial, the blood within starts to ripple, as if disturbed by some invisible force. Mach's little papers show strong interactions on Light and Darkness-aligned magics, with just a fraction of a reaction on the Fire-aligned magics. The blood within certainly does not appear to boiling, nor does it even look to have undergone any drastic temperature change. Should either of the two ponies actually touch the vial, it would feel just as cool as it did a moment ago.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-05-26 at 01:12 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Mach's

Taylor frowns. He looks unconvinced, but slightly relenting. "I guess I'll just have to have a little faith that we can fix anything that goes wrong." He then levitates the needle he was given earlier and casually drives it straight into a vein.

---

Several Minutes Later...

The crack and thud of heavy footfalls echoes around the sigil's clearing. Brush twists, the ground shakes slightly, and birds take flight. A pony clad in black, spiked plate surveys the area with his glowing green eyes.

"...You called?"
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2013-05-26 at 02:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

She nods. "Something like that. I can inscribe a series of symbols in the sky visible - under most circumstances, that is - only to whom I choose. Everypony on the team is familiar with them."

She looks up, and her horn glows. Then, absolutely nothing happens.

Not there, anyway.
    "Something like my Fox Fire spell? Intriguing." Night Jewel looked up, trying to figure out what the secret was...

The crack and thud of heavy footfalls echoes around the sigil's clearing. Brush twists, the ground shakes slightly, and birds take flight. A pony clad in black, spiked plate surveys the area with his glowing green eyes.

"...You called?"
    She then gave Starbeam a perplexed look. "I didn't mean I wanted to bring him out here...

"Anyway, yes. We need your help. It seems this thing's password-protected. We know it;s four of those symbols, and I think it might be a... name? Something that you mentioned to that Luka colt. Anyway, can you deal with this?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

"Something like my Fox Fire spell? Intriguing." Night Jewel looked up, trying to figure out what the secret was...
    True to her word, it looks like whatever she's inscribing (If it's anything at all) isn't visible to most prying eyes. That would defeat some of the purpose, after all.

She then gave Starbeam a perplexed look. "I didn't mean I wanted to bring him out here..."
    She responds with an equally perplexed expression. "The message is one-way, and he's an Earth Pony."

"Anyway, yes. We need your help. It seems this thing's password-protected. We know it;s four of those symbols, and I think it might be a... name? Something that you mentioned to that Luka colt. Anyway, can you deal with this?"
    "Possibly." He strides over to take a look at the runes. "Do you two need to take any precautions before I make my attempt?"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

"Easy, easy." Blueshield struggled to keep the mare from falling. "I am Knight Commander Blueshield. You're... in no immediate danger, at least."

She decided to stick with their current course. Faster movement wasn't really worth the risk of getting even more lost. "So who are you, and what were you doing before those ruffians attacked you?"
    More than getting "encumbered" would be the fact he's kind of slowed down trying to properly carry the mare; armor does not slow him down.
    "Call me Luka, we're just trying to get you safe, away from whoever attacked you"
    He would still look around in case there's a willow or something.
    (Not sure what's up with the willow. Care to explain?)

Fortunately, the mare decided not to make life difficult for the two. She lays back quietly, whimpering a little at all the strange new sights and sounds. "We... me and brother..." She choked a little on the mention of her brother. "...we were travelling merchants, see? We make these trinkets to sell. So, about two weeks ago, we decided to stop by Rusty Falls. But then these armed thugs ambushed us at the mouth of the valley and confiscated our wagon! They gave us a choice, either die, or work for them. We choose the latter at first, not knowing what lay ahead. But then, we were forced to work in these horrible, dark... mines." She sniffled, seemingly unwilling to continue her tale.

16. - Top - End - #226

Mach's Workshop

Poor Sandy being needlephobic... going to the convenient plot device healing machine that has always involved needles. Taylor's blood would begin to be drawn as the humming of the pegasus device growing ever louder. After a few moments mach would hit the button. Sandy would then get the expected jolt of pick-me-up.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227

(Not sure what's up with the willow. Care to explain?)

Fortunately, the mare decided not to make life difficult for the two. She lays back quietly, whimpering a little at all the strange new sights and sounds. "We... me and brother..." She choked a little on the mention of her brother. "...we were travelling merchants, see? We make these trinkets to sell. So, about two weeks ago, we decided to stop by Rusty Falls. But then these armed thugs ambushed us at the mouth of the valley and confiscated our wagon! They gave us a choice, either die, or work for them. We choose the latter at first, not knowing what lay ahead. But then, we were forced to work in these horrible, dark... mines." She sniffled, seemingly unwilling to continue her tale.
    (Medicinal plant, willows have painkiller stuff, thought the previous mention of "medicinal plant" would give out a hint, but ok)
    The colt would just slightly lower his head, he would guess that would happen to pretty much most of the others he knew there.
    "I'm.... Sorry, hopefully he could escape too"
    He would say in a someway low tone, almost a whisper, though.... 2 weeks ago? their attack was.... 5 days to a week ago? maybe she was ambushed right before she entered the town, but who knows? Whatever.
    He would try to resist asking her how everyone inside was, trying to not reveal that he escaped from there, he just wanted to get her to the town's safety, THEN run away to continue his "beacon" lure plan. He would still continue to search for a willow or some other medicinal plant to help her until they reached the town
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

[Mach's Workshop]

Poor Sandy bites his lip as the needle sticks into his side, hard enough to draw a small trickle of blood. The few moments of the machine warming up feel like hours, his skin crawling with revulsion and discomfort. But soon enough, magically-charged blood surges through the tubes and into his body.

The engineer gasps and his eyes shoot open, the small cut on his lip sealing in an instant. The physical exhaustion, the churning of his stomach, all his aches and pains dissolve in an electrifying jolt that leaves a refreshing sensation in its wake. His horn sparks and fizzes, filled to the brim with fresh magic. "Woah...tingles..." He holds up a shaking hoof and watches with fascination as it trembles.

To Taylor and Mach, nothing immediately appears to be out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-05-26 at 11:37 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Mach's Workshop]

Poor Sandy bites his lip as the needle sticks into his side, hard enough to draw a small trickle of blood. The few moments of the machine warming up feel like hours, his skin crawling with revulsion and discomfort. But soon enough, magically-charged blood surges through the tubes and into his body.

The engineer gasps and his eyes shoot open, the small cut on his lip sealing in an instant. The physical exhaustion, the churning of his stomach, all his aches and pains dissolve in an electrifying jolt that leaves a refreshing sensation in its wake. His horn sparks and fizzes, filled to the brim with fresh magic. "Woah...tingles..." He holds up a shaking hoof and watches with fascination as it trembles.

To Taylor and Mach, nothing immediately appears to be out of the ordinary.
    Taylor immediately sends a burst of energy into his own eyes, flicking on that evil/magic detector spell again, because at this point, 'extreme caution' is a cute, underkill concept.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Possibly." He strides over to take a look at the runes. "Do you two need to take any precautions before I make my attempt?"
    "Yes. One of said precautions is knowing exactly what you are doing. Could you explain? We shouldn't be hiding important things from each other like this."

"I have heard enough." Blueshield got a look of fury. "Honourless barbarians! I never should have spared their miserable lives. So help me, I shall go back..."

She took a moment to regain her composure. "...Anyway, I am most sincerely apologetic. I will do everything in my power to ensure that retribution and compensation are done. Your losses will be made up for as best we can. For now, though, we must make haste to Bridle Shores before our situation becomes more grim."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes. One of said precautions is knowing exactly what you are doing. Could you explain? We shouldn't be hiding important things from each other like this."
    He blinks. Or, at least, the eyes go out briefly behind the helmet. "I was simply going to press down on the runes in a certain order according to my suspicions."

Starbeam scowls. "And if something goes terribly wrong, better you than us, right?"

"That was the princi-"

"Except that the two of us have multitudes more ways of escaping magical traps than you do. Just tell us what you think the code is, and we can go from there."

"...Very well. When discussing this connection and words of only four letters, aside from the obvious series of expletives that spring to mind, their leader, Doth, was what I had thought."

"...Wait, really? They're lead by the archaic equestrian third-pony singular present tense of do?"

"Yes."

"Right..." Starbeam looks at Jewel. "I'd like to volunteer for the actual prodding, if you don't mind. If it activates and we can't disable to redirect it, I can most likely escape from the inside via space transfer. I think some sort of shield might block my usual direct access to the astral plane, but I have that backup."
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2013-05-27 at 02:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

He blinks. Or, at least, the eyes go out briefly behind the helmet. "I was simply going to press down on the runes in a certain order according to my suspicions."

Starbeam scowls. "And if something goes terribly wrong, better you than us, right?"

"That was the princi-"

"Except that the two of us have multitudes more ways of escaping magical traps than you do. Just tell us what you think the code is, and we can go from there."

"...Very well. When discussing this connection and words of only four letters, aside from the obvious series of expletives that spring to mind, their leader, Doth, was what I had thought."

"...Wait, really? They're lead by the archaic equestrian third-pony singular present tense of do?"

"Yes."

"Right..." Starbeam looks at Jewel. "I'd like to volunteer for the actual prodding, if you don't mind. If it activates and we can't disable to redirect it, I can most likely escape from the inside via space transfer. I think some sort of shield might block my usual direct access to the astral plane, but I have that backup."
    You could have told us earlier... And my word, that's a ridiculous name. How did they choose it, rolling dice?

"That makes sense. Given what we know of this Doth's personality, why wouldn't he use his own name?"
    Night Jewel nodded and stepped back a bit. "...And yes, maybe you'd better go first. I don't really have a lot of ways to deal with walking blindly into an ambush."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbow

"Ten cats, you say. I will need your address to send food." Rainbow mumbled and go a quill ready to jot it all down. "Haven't seen those two vamps." she mumbled aside to Staccata. Then her attention refocused. "Now where is that house?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have heard enough." Blueshield got a look of fury. "Honourless barbarians! I never should have spared their miserable lives. So help me, I shall go back..."

She took a moment to regain her composure. "...Anyway, I am most sincerely apologetic. I will do everything in my power to ensure that retribution and compensation are done. Your losses will be made up for as best we can. For now, though, we must make haste to Bridle Shores before our situation becomes more grim."
    "Br... Bridle Shores? the mare repeated slowly.

(Medicinal plant, willows have painkiller stuff, thought the previous mention of "medicinal plant" would give out a hint, but ok)
    The colt would just slightly lower his head, he would guess that would happen to pretty much most of the others he knew there.
    "I'm.... Sorry, hopefully he could escape too"
    He would say in a someway low tone, almost a whisper, though.... 2 weeks ago? their attack was.... 5 days to a week ago? maybe she was ambushed right before she entered the town, but who knows? Whatever.
    He would try to resist asking her how everyone inside was, trying to not reveal that he escaped from there, he just wanted to get her to the town's safety, THEN run away to continue his "beacon" lure plan. He would still continue to search for a willow or some other medicinal plant to help her until they reached the town
    There wouldn't be any handy medicinal plants about, none he could easily see anyway. The darkened eaves continued to loom overhead, as they forged on ahead southwards. Along the way though, their ears might pick up something. Or rather, the lack of something. The woods were now deathly still.

That probably didn't bode well. To stop or continue?
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-05-27 at 10:44 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

"That makes sense. Given what we know of this Doth's personality, why wouldn't he use his own name?" Night Jewel nodded and stepped back a bit. "...And yes, maybe you'd better go first. I don't really have a lot of ways to deal with walking blindly into an ambush."
    "Now, I don't know if I'll be able to alter any effects if I get enveloped, so it'll be generally up to you to deactivate the magic involved. Hopefully we can rework it after it's been turned off."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Cirrus Cargo Bay

Well now that it appears that this is a dead-end, Staccata can only roll her eyes at the crazy cat lady action going on. "And does anypony know where I could find either of the two?"
    "My ears caught bits of conversation about seeing.. The Captain," Replied Flambe the town native who seemed to have taken over as spokespony, since no one else has really taken it up.

Mayor's Office

"Wait, you...you think he's talking about bloodbinding?"

"I-I was just going to get a hold of a whole lot of spare blood, not mass produce it."

"And if you thought just doing that sounded...hmm..."

"We'll....have to think on plan B. But everypony here should know for certain that just regular blood works plenty fine. It's the getting it that's trouble."

"Why don't we utilize the use of blood banks for the time being, donations and what not,"
    Miss M finally spoke up and looked at Emerald with slightly narrowed eyes and deadpan expression, revealing her fangs and nature for the first time to that mare. "I know I have been."
    ============

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Rainbow

"Ten cats, you say. I will need your address to send food." Rainbow mumbled and go a quill ready to jot it all down. "Haven't seen those two vamps." she mumbled aside to Staccata. Then her attention refocused. "Now where is that house?"
    She then gave her, her address, which was some where in the suburbs of town.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes. A town I believe to be nearby."

Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    There wouldn't be any handy medicinal plants about, none he could easily see anyway. The darkened eaves continued to loom overhead, as they forged on ahead southwards. Along the way though, their ears might pick up something. Or rather, the lack of something. The woods were now deathly still.

"Ominous," whispered Blueshield. "Stay close and keep quiet."

When faced with the choice of stopping or continuing, she chose the third option: Take a detour. She made a turn to the west, intending to keep going until things livened up again, and then start southwards again. Better to take a little longer getting out than to run into a threat they were not prepared to deal with.

"Now, I don't know if I'll be able to alter any effects if I get enveloped, so it'll be generally up to you to deactivate the magic involved. Hopefully we can rework it after it's been turned off."
    "Understood. Good luck." With that, Night Jewel watched the gate, ready to act.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2013-05-27 at 01:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Why don't we utilize the use of blood banks for the time being, donations and what not,"
    Miss M finally spoke up and looked at Emerald with slightly narrowed eyes and deadpan expression, revealing her fangs and nature for the first time to that mare. "I know I have been."
    "That was the general idea..." Daniel says, while looking like he's getting ready to jump in the middle of them in case a brawl breaks out. "But Bridle Shores along probably doesn't have near enough for all of them."

"So he's going to lie straightfaced to a representative of House Solace." Snowstorm says, rather more loudly than is strictly necessary. "Who I might add are mortal enemies to vampires? Yeah, those guys."

Daniel looks a bit embarrassed...but he doesn't deny it, either.

---

"Understood. Good luck." With that, Night Jewel watched the gate, ready to act.
    "Eyes peeled, Dawnstrider. Make sure the chains don't keep after a fourth." She exhales, moving ahead. She places herself in the center of the runes, and begins tapping firmly, one at a time.

In the back of her mind, a part of her is instinctively translating, trying to find patterns.

D

'Homeland'. Possibly for, against, or from.

O

'A god'. Does that involve the fighting of, the becoming of, or the worshipping of?

T

'A god'. Repetition. This part is very important. It's a part of the name. Part of the concept. Something either is...or relies on a wish.

She hesitates only briefly, readying herself to put one of her favorite spells on hair-trigger.

H

'Hail'. A salute. A promise of the following.

Hail Doth, he who is and shall become a god, from the homeland and to the homeland, within and without the end.

((In D&D terms, she's readying an action to cast her equivalent of Dimension Door in order to teleport next to the others if Jewel can't disable the thing. In FwM terms...pretty much exactly the same thing. It's worth noting that she's still detecting magic, though; if she detects a strong anti-transportation abjurative enchantment, she's probably not going to risk it.))
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2013-05-27 at 02:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

"Yes, it's a nearby town" the colt would respond in a small tone again.

The colt would just remain silent and follow Blueshield.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

The Cirrus

"Lovely. It seems I need to track down the captain then," Staccata quips before making herself scarce. If this mare didn't know where either of the two are, perhaps a different crewpony did. Yes, the rogue is officially on the hunt for untamed waterfowl.

Mach's Workshop

Good news! Mach isn't evil. The machine isn't evil. In fact, the only thing evil Taylor could find is if he turned towards some mementos from the adventuring life. It would be one of the gems.

The machine hums down and the needles are taken away for disposal. The whole magic thing is actually the interesting part Mach in no way has tested the long-term side effects of... or even planned for.

"Can you walk or do you, uh, not want to try?"
    Spoiler
    Show