New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [N-HIGH] Nexus High AU: Like Spin-Off Babies, Only Worse!

Hallways

Magtok's left arm doesn't so much as flinch when hit, oddly enough. He pockets something, and then closes his locker as he turns to leave.

"If you really want to know, get a warrant, Clegg. Until then, shove off."

Maggy really has no idea how school rules work, does he? Hopefully he'll have time to go back to the locker and empty it out before Clegg gets the combination off of a school admin, or convinces one to search the locker themselves for whatever Mag might be hiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #32

Hallway

I certainly don't want to be punished. Unfortunately, as you may already know, I am new to this school. I would be most grateful if you could tell me a bit about the regulations.
    Tobias smiles. For instance, what is the punishment for striking another student?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

[Building Three]

Karyana quietly settles in nearby, wings wrapping around herself as she starts to read again, apparently intending to simply sit here until Carrie's done with her paper.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Gymnasium

"Don't worry, we could take them with one hand tied behind our back." Patty grins, the raven-haired girl stretching to limber up before practice starts. Her reputation was mixed; some whispered she was the third-worst in the school when it came to 'propriety'...while others envied her for her firmly curvaceous figure and comfortable air. She always dressed modestly enough - except at PE, where the volleyball team outfit showcased her well-tanned figure.

[Locker Room]

Meanwhile, a very short, red-haired figure rushed through the locker room, not paying attention to the path ahead even as she moved so fast some swore she blurred. "Sorry! Excuse me! Coming through! I'm gonna be laaaaaaaaaaate!" Dani wailed, the hyperactive girl desperately trying to reach cheerleading practice before getting dinged for spending too much time in the cafeteria. Again!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lunchroom

Over lunch, the Kyland sisters always sit together with their matching lunchboxes full of lovingly hand-made lunch. Kate, the older one, is quiet. She doesn't have any friends in school, she goes to her classes, and she goes home, and that's it. No extracurricular activities, no nothing. As far as the rumor mill is concerned, she does not exist.

Copi, her younger sister, is more notable. She's only a bit younger than Kate, but has surpassed her sibling academically in every way. Half the time you can't even find her at the school because she's taking university classes. The rumor mill doesn't say anything about her, either, apart from the fact that maybe her attendance record is TOO perfect?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallways

Standing behind a small table located near the cafeteria is a clean cut boy wearing, of all things, a suit and tie. A full Sunday best, looking quite professional. Beyond that he's moderately tall and almost a little lanky.

Currently he's busy handing out fliers to whoever will take them, advertising volunteering at the old folks home this coming Saturday as part of the R.E.L.I.E.V. club (Really Encouraging Life Improvements Ensuring Vitality).

Anyone can come up with a better acronym if they wish and throw it my way. Oddly enough, I knew a kid in High School who actually did wear suit and tie to school most days.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-05-06 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

[Detention]

"That's the establishment for you. See any trace of individuality and they just step on it." Says a smooth, accented voice from near the back of the room. "It offends them, yeah? 'Cause they can't control it. Well **** 'em. We got our own little party right in here, huh?"

The source of the voice is of course our lovable almost permanent resident of the detention hall, Kal. The tall, lanky 19-year old Senior lounges insolently at a back desk, feet propped up on the tabletop as he lazily bounces a small rubber ball off the floor, wall and ceiling back into his hand with intense precision. He pauses briefly to flick a loose strand of his red hair out of his eyes with a brown finger, grinning conspiratorially at everyone else in the room and giving them an amber-eyed stare as he continues sending the ball on its chaotic orbit around his corner of the room. He's no longer dressed in his swanky black jacket, no, that hanging limp off the back of his chair, but he still cuts quite a sharp figure in his silky red shirt, unbuttoned to reveal the sharktooth-and-red-feather pendant hanging over his chest.

There's no doubt he's a figure of much whisper and rumor at Nexus High. I mean, there's the promiscuity, sure. Who knows how many women and... uh... not-women he's gotten into the pants of in and out of school. But personal, ehm, 'charm' aside, there's also the subject of his Family. No one knows what they do for certain, not really. But there's a lot of them, you probably don't want to cross them, and they sure as hell aren't all of them properly related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Building Three]

Karyana quietly settles in nearby, wings wrapping around herself as she starts to read again, apparently intending to simply sit here until Carrie's done with her paper.
    Carrie finds Karyana's devotion simultaneously heartwarming and slightly baffling, but she's given up on asking her about it.
    Eventually she closes her laptop and packs it up again.
    Well, that's done... what do we do now?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Hallways]

Sakura hurries down the hall a best she can in her green dress and with a pile of books held over her stomach. "Hey Cessie! You got your bio homework done, right?" A young dryad stops suddenly before the other girl at her locker. She struggles to maneuver her hands to get her own locker open.

The dryad's difficulty getting around is compounded by the fact she's pregnant enough that she couldn't hide her belly if she tried. There are all sorts of rumours about it. Some say she has a boyfriend in another school or the next town over, and that he can't visit much or he ran out on her. Others say she's just a slut and has been sleeping around with any number of potential fathers. Kal perhaps? Or maybe Kirk? There are a couple desperate individuals that claim they "got with that"; she did get plenty of male attention before they were driven off by her current state. It's all very distressing for the dryad, as Cessie knows, but she manages to stay cheerful from day to day.
    [Hallways]

The young students eyes can't help but to be drawn to her friends baby bulge, no matter how many times she'd seen it before. It was just so wrong, so improper that she couldn't quite get over it despite the fact she was the one supposed to support Sakura right now.

"I did." Look away Cessie, her face is up there. She meets the dryads eyes. "You didn't have any problems with it did you?" Biology was Sakura's best subject after all.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallways]

"Nope! It was pretty easy actually. I finished it right after schoo-" Sakura cuts off when her pile of books slips and most of it tumbles to the floor. She tries to catch them, but she only manages to clutch a few against her chest. The dryad draws a heavy sigh and starts to carefully lower herself to her knees to pick them up.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunchroom]

A drow sat, rather improperly, on one of the tables in the Cafeteria, propping a foot up on one of the chairs, a guitar cradled in his hands. He had a pencil stuck between his teeth and, every once in a while, after playing a few chords, he would remove it and jot down something in a notebook.

The dark-skinned elf wore his white hair long, tied back in a loose ponytail. He was dressed in a blue shirt, one of those puffy kind with ruffles, along with a pair of black pants which some might consider to be distressingly tight, and a set of high black boots. The effect made him look like he stepped off the stage of a Shakespeare play, which was probably the case.

Raril Xar'Cha, Junior, was a rising member of the school's drama club and played guitar for the Jazz band. He also fronted a heavy metal garage band after school. Rumor had it that his music was a bit... off and did strange things to the listeners' minds. Most would know of his younger brother, Sszinyon, a freshman who'd just made the Varsity football team.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Gymnasium

"Don't worry, we could take them with one hand tied behind our back." Patty grins, the raven-haired girl stretching to limber up before practice starts. Her reputation was mixed; some whispered she was the third-worst in the school when it came to 'propriety'...while others envied her for her firmly curvaceous figure and comfortable air. She always dressed modestly enough - except at PE, where the volleyball team outfit showcased her well-tanned figure.
    [Gymnasium]

Yuki rolls her eyes at Patty, sticking out her tongue at the other girl and beginning the stretching process as well. "Yeah, get any more overconfident and we could just intimidate the other team into losing."

Some thought she was albino. She never said anything about this, but she never denied it either. While her figure certainly wasn't bad, the paleness would sometimes drive people away. In spite of (or maybe because of) this, Yuki had an interesting reputation of being very flirty and spontaneous, but entirely unwilling to commit to anything major. She enjoyed dressing in curious and esoteric outfits and, while her volleyball uniform couldn't really be modified without a serious chewing out, she did keep a large violet ribbon in her hair, tying in back into a ponytail.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lunchroom

Kate won't really care, but Copi will give Raril a glance or two. She wonders what he's doing... writing a song? That seems to be it. He might notice her interest, as she's not trying to hide it.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallways

Magtok's left arm doesn't so much as flinch when hit, oddly enough. He pockets something, and then closes his locker as he turns to leave.

"If you really want to know, get a warrant, Clegg. Until then, shove off."

Maggy really has no idea how school rules work, does he? Hopefully he'll have time to go back to the locker and empty it out before Clegg gets the combination off of a school admin, or convinces one to search the locker themselves for whatever Mag might be hiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Hallway

I certainly don't want to be punished. Unfortunately, as you may already know, I am new to this school. I would be most grateful if you could tell me a bit about the regulations.
    Tobias smiles. For instance, what is the punishment for striking another student?
    Hallway

At this present time, and rather close behind Maggy, Mimi is shoving her latest F test into her locker. Stupid english teacher is such a stupid jerk. So what if she only wrote a half a page on that paper. Papers are dumb anyway.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Hallways

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Standing behind a small table located near the cafeteria is a clean cut boy wearing, of all things, a suit and tie. A full Sunday best, looking quite professional. Beyond that he's moderately tall and almost a little lanky.

Currently he's busy handing out fliers to whoever will take them, advertising volunteering at the old folks home this coming Saturday as part of the R.E.L.I.E.V. club (Really Encouraging Life Improvements Ensuring Vitality).

Anyone can come up with a better acronym if they wish and throw it my way. Oddly enough, I knew a kid in High School who actually did wear suit and tie to school most days.
    Rapidly approaching is a small, redheaded blur, dodging one table, vaulting over another, maneuvering around a...

...oh, hey, the Goth girl seated in the chair she was maneuvering around just stuck out her leg, perfectly tripping the passing Dani. Who does a magnificent impression of a hummingbird as she flails, tumbling, directly torwards Flyer Boy's table and the well-suited young man himself!

Oh dear.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunchroom]

Raril does notice Copi's attention and grins at her. The effect of his usually pleasant smile is somewhat lessened by the fact that he still has the pencil between his teeth. He stops messing around with chords, then, and plays through the song as he has it so far. It's a little rough, but full of strong chords that would draw out a reaction from the listener.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #47

Hallway

At this present time, and rather close behind Maggy, Mimi is shoving her latest F test into her locker. Stupid english teacher is such a stupid jerk. So what if she only wrote a half a page on that paper. Papers are dumb anyway.
    Hallways

Magtok's liable to back up right into Mimi, then. He's not watching where he's going, suddenly very engrossed in the idea of Clegg being in trouble for laying his hand on another student. That would definitely be something, wouldn't it? The hall monitor finally getting sent to detention for overzealousness, trapped with all the people he'd sent there time and time again.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-05-06 at 09:37 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lunchroom

Copi listens, and Kate also takes note. After hearing it, Copi asks, curiously, "Is it going to have lyrics? I'm not quite sure what to make of it as is."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-05-06 at 09:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallways

Well that's not very nice. =x
    Flyer boy has no particular means to stop Dani from crashing into the table and knocking him and everything over, though he does at least attempt to reach out over the table and catch her.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallway - Lockers]
    Neca dumps her stuff into her backpack, feeling drained, scooped-out.
    Figures the day after the school nurse made her drop out of the JROTC she'd come to watch her friends drill and get paint thrown on them by that Evans girl.
    She still hasn't told her mother they made her drop out, and if she tells her about the local bad grrl's little protest... well, she'd rather think about something else now.
    Like her leg hurting.
    She starts making her way to the nurse's office for her meds.
    Again.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallways]

"Hey!" The thin, but certainly not wispy, fey shouts as Magtok bumps into her. She may not be big, but when she tries to grab Maggy and shove him into the locker, he'll find that she's a lot stronger than her size would normally dictate. Of course, he might recognize her as one of the star players of all the school's most violent sports. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Oh, and she's angry.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallway

Jace, Junior, is at his locker, stowing his saxophone case, which takes up a large portion of his already small storage space. He's dressed in jeans and that blue hoodie he always wears.
    After this he'll probably be going to do what he usually does: continue to blow off any and all of his homework so he can do it frantically the period before, hand in his piecemeal sheet, and still somehow get a B. After that he'd probably have to go fetch Zebes from detention. He'd been caught trying to put games on the school computers, and not even his "brother's" testimony could get him out of it this time. Jace always found it funny that despite being almost a foot and a half taller, with completely different eyes, hair, and mannerisms, people couldn't technically prove they weren't related.
    He absentmindedly thinks on how few friends the two of them have. Oh well, thinking about depressing things is stupid. It might make you depressed! With a snap, Jace shuts his locker and turns to head off...

---

Detention

Meanwhile, Zebes, one blond-haired, gold eyed, and very short Freshman, is asleep during detention. Again. This could end badly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

23. - Top - End - #53

[Detention]

A chuckle comes from the lovely lips of the girl seated against the wall. She looked like she was sleeping, but her laughter reveals that she wasn't. She opens her hazel eyes to look at Kal, a wide grin on her face. She brings up a hand to shove her bleached bangs out of her face.

A party, huh? I like the way you think.

Ivaz's reputation was almost as big as Kal's, and for some of the same reasons.

Course, we'd need a few more things...who wants to make a snack run?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Lunchroom]

A girl with short, white hair and grey eyes sits at a table, nursing a Mountain Dew and half listening to the guitar music. It was good, she'd admit that. There's a creak of her leather jacket as Zel leans back a little, taking this time to relax as much as she could.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Library]

A thin, brown haired, green eyed girl carries a stack of books to a table, setting them down next to a tan canvas shoulder bag. Alysha takes the one from the top, a book about the connections between worlds by a man named Ansem.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Hallways]

There's one more member of the less-than-stellar youth strolling through the halls of Nexus High today, and miraculously not in detention, either! Seems like he's been a good boy for once.

This version of Cyrus is rather different from the one in Nexus Prime, to say the least: He's hardly the surprisingly charismatic madman seen there, and he doesn't tend to show off his magical prowess when it's not actually useful. Nor does he kill or maim people. That's kind of a big no-no in High School, after all.

Here, he's just a lanky, tall Junior with short red hair, brown eyes, and one of those lucky faces that never seems to sprout more than one or two fairly small zits at any given time. He's definitely picked up a reputation as a troublemaker, but he's not always bad news. He's also that guy whom most of the teachers swear would be a straight-A student if he put in any effort whatsoever, but just doesn't care enough to.

As is, he actually does get an A in his elective Magic class and Math, for some reason, but gets B's everywhere else.

At any rate, Cyrus is wandering the halls! And also watching Maggy get shoved around by a girl half of his size with faint bemusement. He's kind of mean like that.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-05-06 at 10:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Hallways

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Well that's not very nice. =x
    Flyer boy has no particular means to stop Dani from crashing into the table and knocking him and everything over, though he does at least attempt to reach out over the table and catch her.
    Becky smirks at the scene she caused, then turns to slip away.

Dani, meanwhile, has an expression of pure panic on her face! As she's probably caught!
    "Ohmigawds I'm sorry I'm so sorry I didn't mean to I tripped and couldn't help it can I help you clean up please it'll only take a minute but then I have to run 'cause it's cheerleading practice and I'm gonna be laaaaaaaaaaate!"

Yes.
    All of this comes out in one breath.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunchroom]

Raril nods and finally pulls the pencil out of his mouth, frowning at the realization that he's been chewing on it the whole time. Wasn't that attractive? Oh well. The drow shrugs it off and closes the writing utensil up in his notebook before responding to Copi. "Eventually. I have to find the right words. Need a decent melody too. But the baseline is there. A good foundation on which I can build. Did you like it so far, though?" He asks, a bit of uncertainty showing on his face.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallways]
    Coming back from the nurse's office, Neca sighs. Pantheology to study for, Bio test next week... could stuff maybe just stop happening for a while?
    That'd be nice.
    Head down, she doesn't really notice where she's going, still favoring her leg a little.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

[Hallways]

"Hey!" The thin, but certainly not wispy, fey shouts as Magtok bumps into her. She may not be big, but when she tries to grab Maggy and shove him into the locker, he'll find that she's a lot stronger than her size would normally dictate. Of course, he might recognize her as one of the star players of all the school's most violent sports. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Oh, and she's angry.
    "Oh ****. I didn't mean to, I wasn't looking where I was going, I-"

Oh crap he's about to get beaten up by a girl.

"Clegg! Cleeeeeeegg!"

You're wasting your breath, cyborg. There's not a snowball's chance in hell he's going to notice you after what you said to him, Maggy. Something about getting a warrant before he can do anything to enforce the rules, if I remember correctly?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

[Lunchroom]

"Mind if I join you?"
    Zel might well find herself addressed by someone she might recognise as being one of the star ballplayers, his white hair and green eyes marking him as John O'Connell.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #60

[Lunchroom]

Now, this version of Zel was different from Nexus Prime Zel. And these differences stem from the fact that this Zel hasn't had nearly as many events in her life as Nexus Prime Zel. She hasn't become an Abyssal Exalted yet. Hasn't been possessed by demonic jewelry. Hasn't run away from the orphanage and lived on the streets. Hasn't signed up for a military project that would increase her powers and give her lots of mental and emotional scarring.

Hasn't had the man she loved die in her arms yet.

So, while both Zels may be a little anti-social, this one's reason for that is fairly simple. Her life as an orphan so far has made her kind of shy around others.

Oh, um, sure. Yeah. I mean, no. I don't mind. She gives a small, nervous smile.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907