New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Evil!V Doodle Thing

Started doing this after I saw the latest comic up. I hope this is the correct way to post art...? I heard there was a fanart thread, but everything seemed to be just avatars.

linkback as per flickr guidelines: http://www.flickr.com/photos/remiya/3332449523/

Well, this isn't how I picture V at all - in my mind, V is male, looks realistic and is less sketchy. :/ Unfortunately due to my lack of skills I can only draw females.

It's a quick(ish) doodle thing that I may continue after I fix the glaring mistakes. If you like, please point out any other errors you spot!

Things I'm Aware Of:
    - face - expression, eyes, shape
    - cloak positioned wrongly in relation to hair
    - sleeves
    - left hand
    - cloak in general

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Evil!V Doodle Thing

There are other threads, including a non-OotS style fanart thread. I don't know where it went to. But a lot of artists start their own threads.

V's robe is clingy enough that this could even go in the OotS House of Fanservice.

Since you asked, V's feet look like they're melting...and V doesn't look EVIL or conflicted as three evil souls whisper horrible things to hir, shi looks more like a girl in a black dress who wants to give the viewer a hug.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wrong gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    This is a D&D web forum. There's more cheese here than there is in France.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swooper View Post
    Wrong gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by krysjez View Post
    In my mind, V is male, looks realistic and is less sketchy. :/ Unfortunately due to my lack of skills I can only draw females.
    Reading before criticizing is usually useful. I too think of V as male, but I still think this is a good piece of art.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

My one complaint would be that she looks way to nice, at least compared to #635. Other than that, a solid piece of art. Few minor details, like fingers on both arms and legs, but nothing too problematic.

A good picture it is.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I've actually always invisioned V as a girl...
    ____

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

My one complaint would be that she looks way to nice, at least compared to #635.
    Since you asked, V's feet look like they're melting...and V doesn't look EVIL or conflicted as three evil souls whisper horrible things to hir, shi looks more like a girl in a black dress who wants to give the viewer a hug.
    Yeah I think that's the biggest problem as well. I have no idea how to fix it though. Pretend this is a picture of Evil!V being nice? :V
    V's robe is clingy enough that this could even go in the OotS House of Fanservice.
    So I make it more shapeless?