New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Benson's Darkmoon Vale Saga Team A IC

Catrin, completely flabbergasted by the collision, shouts, "I'm so sorry about that sir! My eyes were open and usually I'm a bit more perceptive it's just that I wasn't looking out for someone so..." She bites her lip, staying silent for a moment. "Nevermind. I'm sorry, sorry, just distracted is all. Finished speaking for the moment, she smiles apologetically yet awkwardly.

"Have you seen a man with green eyes around? Or some sort of outsider holy man?" she asks, her eyes widening afterward. "Oh I don't mean to impose. Maybe... maybe I could help you with something? Help make up for me bumping into you... yeah."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

OOC -

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Gus sees the same thing Tarn saw upon arrival at the carnival, minus the instrument.

Gus looks around the deserted carnival. By the time he finds the occupied tent, the occupants are already in conversation.

"Oh! Hello... Tim, wasn't it? Didn't expect to see you here. Is this the gentleman we seek?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Dagall harrumphed, somewhat mollified by the quick apology. Of course, the barrage of questions put him immediately back on edge. "Green eyes? Holy man? Lass, this be a market, not some social dance. Ain't seen any green eyed or holy men ... ain't been lookin'."

At her offer of help, he thought for a moment, wondering if he should give the lass a lesson. Perhaps it would help slow the human a bit, and teach her a bit of patience. Of course, if she was distracted now, he didn't want her off chasin' after a man with holy green eyes in the middle of whatever errand he gave her.

Snorting, he shook his head. "Looks like ye be the one needin' help ... just slow yerself down, lass. If'n I find a green holy man, ah'll send 'im yer way. Where ye be stayin?"
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

4. - Top - End - #64

"No, no, the holy man and the green-eyed man are different people. Or maybe the holy man also has green eyes," she says, tapping her finger on her lips. "I have no idea."

She stands there looking around for a few more moments. "I was supposed to meet the green-eyed man here in the market but I'm not sure exactly where. I don't think we came up with a very good plan." A sigh escapes her mouth as she turns back to Dagall. "I'm trying to help Laurel deal with the plague and I was supposed to meet the green-eyed man here after he tried to recruit that holy fellow but who knows if he'll actually succeed."

Catrin blinks, scratching her head afterward. "Sorry. I'm Catrin," she announces as she hesitantly offers her hand.

Are dwarves the handshaking type?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Dagall stared at the woman for a long moment, blinking as she spilled her story. Glancing down at her hand, he snorted. Reaching out, he shook her hand, looking at her eyes. "Dagall Blackstone." He paused for a moment, then asked, "Does this man have pointy ears? Does he like cinnamon?"

6. - Top - End - #66

"I have no idea if he likes cinnamon," Catrin answers, confused by the specific nature of the question. "I don't recall his ears being pointy either." She taps her right foot for a few moments, trying to think of something to say. "Nice to meet you, by the way."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

"Tarn." He replies, correcting Gus on his name with an air of one who often had his name gotten wrong by people. "This is Quinn, yes. We were just discussing the Blackscour Plague. I may have also recruited a young lady to head out into the forest and look for your carved relics, as long as we also look into a few choice ingredients for Laurel. We're meeting up at the Low Market."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Dagall shook his head, as if the girl were daft. At her stare, Dagall sighed. "The flapjacks, lass. If'n yer friend liked cinnamon he'd be there. And them pointy ears kin smell spices a mile away."

Tapping his chin, he glanced around the market. "Why here?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn looked at the newcomer and wanly smiled. "Seems I am popular today." He said in a monotone, Tarn's question, temporarily postponed of answer.

10. - Top - End - #70

Gus seems accutely aware of his intrusion. "Yes, well... ahem... Don't let me interrupt. Please, continue what you were talking about. I can step outside, if need be..."

11. - Top - End - #71

"Um... well, anyways, I don't know why he chose this place," Catrin says with a sigh to follow up. "Maybe he wanted to pick something up for the road."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Glancing around the market, Dagall muttered, "Better off eatin' roots in the woods." He looked back at the girl, then around the market. The girl looked a bit flustered, and more than a bit vulnerable.

Clearing his throat, he asked, "Uh, are ye okay lass? Or d'ye need me t'wait with ye fer yer friend?"

13. - Top - End - #73

"Me? Yeah, I'm perfectly okay. I can take care of this," she replies hastily, still looking around for her new companion. "I'm just... anxious to get out there is all. I want to get this done with as quickly as possible and I'm not in the mood for waiting in this... place."

She smiles weakly afterward, continuing, "You're welcome to keep me company if you want. I'll be fine though, no need to worry."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"We shouldn't be a minute, Gus." Tarn debated suggesting he go straight to the Low Market, but he wasn't sure he could describe Catrin well enough, and that would be a whole other mess. Best to just cut this short. Quinn would be around later, he was sure. And perhaps the answers he needed would be out in the forest regardless.

"It appears my time here has been cut short. Thank you for your help and hospitality. I'm sure I'll be back later." With that, Tarn leaves the tent with Gus (assuming Gus has no further questions for Quinn) in order to meet up with Catrin.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

15. - Top - End - #75

As Tarn comes out of the tent, Gus begins to follow, but one nagging question holds him back. He calls Tarn to a stop, the pokes his head back into the tent, seeking closure from Quinn for one last burning issue.

"Hi, um, 'Quinn,' was it? Do you sell candy apples here?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Dagall snorted. Last thing he needed to do was baby-sit some human lass if she didn't need it. But she had said something interesting about the plague. Having seen more than his share of coughing, sickly people, he couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy.

Looking at the girl, he asked, "Ye be a healer, then?"

17. - Top - End - #77

"I'm more of an apprentice," Catrin replies meekly, "That holy man is probably better than I am, although I could be assuming. That is what holy men do, right?" She takes a deep breath, closing her eyes as she goes over the details of the plants. "As you can probably tell, I ain't that much of an adventurer. I'm just going so I can pick out the ingredients and maybe lend an extra hand."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Dagall nodded, the situation making a bit more sense. The others may have sent her ahead to keep her out of the way while they prepared themselves. Or perhaps they were already searching for the cure without her. Regardless, it seemed that she had been given little direction, but acted as if she carried the lion share of the task.

"Whittling." He nodded his head, as if he had provided some amazing observation to the girl, as he waited with her.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sirveaux View Post
    As Tarn comes out of the tent, Gus begins to follow, but one nagging question holds him back. He calls Tarn to a stop, the pokes his head back into the tent, seeking closure from Quinn for one last burning issue.

"Hi, um, 'Quinn,' was it? Do you sell candy apples here?"

The half elf looked at him with a quirked brow, it was a slightly odd request. "I do not, not at this time."

20. - Top - End - #80

Disappointed, Gus returns with Tarn

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

To fast forward, everyone ends up at the Low Market at the same time. Letting the bumping into each other begin!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

"Catrin!" Tarn yells as he spots her, practically dragging Gus by the arm over to her. "This here is Gus. Gus, Catrin. Gus here's the holy-man I mentioned before. Worships..." Tarn trails off as he tries to remember who. As his memory fails him he 'suddenly' notices the person beside Catrin. "Ah! But who's this?"
    Last edited by Amnestic; 2013-06-03 at 06:16 PM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Dagall frowned at the man's frenetic persona. When the man looked at him and asked 'who's this,' he shook his head. "Ye should know ... ye just called her by name."

Harumphing to himself, he stood with his arms crossed, watching the group with a wary eye. If no one else had anything of value to say, he'd probably leave to finish his shopping and return to his small hut.

24. - Top - End - #84

Catrin's eyes widen when she sees Tarn coming over. "This is Dagall. I ran into him while looking for you and he's been keeping me company," she answers as she smiles at the dwarf. Her expression soon turns serious, however. "Where were you? Why did it take you so long to come? We ought to get going!"

She starts to run off but she stops in her tracks. "Nice to meet you Gus. Oh wait, do you have to buy things from here? Oh, um, and I guess this is goodbye Dagall... Unless you want to come with us? Oh I don't want to be presumptuous... Hm." She stands there silently, starting to wonder who exactly she was with.

25. - Top - End - #85

Gus tries to speak a couple of times during the rapid-fire exchanges, but gives up. He nods recognition when introduced, then puts on his most compliant smile

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

The dwarf nodded to the others. "Aye, my name's Dagall. Lass looked lost, so ah stayed with her. Where ye be off ta?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"We," Tarn begins with a blazing smile plastered to his face, "are off to the Darkmoon Vale woods. Dangerous, yes, but we have important reasons to go. Safety of the town at stake! Also Gus wants relics of some sort. You should come along. You look like quite the capable sort!"
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #88

"Are you always so peppy?" Catrin blurts out to Tarn, though she covers her mouth right up afterward. She sighs and shakes her head. "Let's just get going, alright?" Her attention turns to Dagall, who apparently doesn't trust her to take care of herself. I hope he doesn't come just because he wants to babysit me.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Dagall nodded to the smiling man, somewhat mollified by the youngster's attitude. Now there be a proper perspective ...

Aloud, he replied with a shrug, "If'n ye want the company, ah've got time ... nuthin' in these markets worth me gold." He looked to Catrin, who looked less than excited at the prospect of him coming along ...

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, but who wouldn't be excited? Adventuring while saving those we care about. Also relics." He replies to Catrin, twinkle in his eye. Part of it was an act, but part was a sincere rush. "Finally, a chance to really put my talents to work." He muses in his mind.

"Glad to have you on board, Dagall. If we are all sorted, we should head out immediately while we still have sunlight to work with."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hell yeah, party together, adventure beginning. Let's rock this
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC