New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 52

Miguel's Mammalien* Merchandise

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Miguel's Mammalien* Merchandise]

"Dogs are right over there, sir and ma'am," the oily-faced teen wheezes, pointing at rows of kennels containing puppies. If these people want dog dogs they'll have to go to the pound or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"No no, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want a dog." Pavati looks back at Needs. Quite frankly, she's baffled, and faintly alarmed. "I'm not sure what he wants."

Needs punches at his chest once or twice, and then finally stops choking, as a big ol' furry hairball deposits itself on the poor teenager's counter-top. Eww.

"That."

Okay, looks like he needs a cat, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Summoner's Blues

Nick raises an eyebrow, not that the other guy can tell.
    You couldn't...plug it in?
    "Plug it in... yeah, I don't have a charger. Or a power socket. Or a house. Or anything except my books, really."
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-06-06 at 11:05 AM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Summoning Blues

Well, not that it matters now but there's a public charging station two blocks down.
    And are the books special or is that you?

Admittedly he could easily get a place to stay if he forgot about it. Since no one ever has housing problems unless they're specifically written in.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

Summoning Blues

Well, not that it matters now but there's a public charging station two blocks down.
    And are the books special or is that you?

Admittedly he could easily get a place to stay if he forgot about it. Since no one ever has housing problems unless they're specifically written in.
    So he could have a house. And how much RP would that foster?

"Really? I didn't know about that. And as for the books, they're mundane. It's me... I can summon things out of them."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Summoning Blues

Depends on what you make happen there.
    Just summon things? Is it any books?
    Nick is still coming to terms with magic being a thing, so he asks a lot of questions to make sure he doesn't make a horrible mis-assumption that gets him killed.

6. - Top - End - #756

[Window Shopping]

Orks Must Die!

It's a pretty common sentiment. Most people feel that way after the Orks rampage through their flower beds the first few times.

"Hmm?" Geneva murmured as she dusted the last of the debris off herself. "Of course I am. Flight magic is all about fine control over acceleration and impulse. If you know a crash is coming you can use a kinesotheumatic dampening field coupled with a inertial compensation buffer to absorb the force of impact so you don't get smashed into paste."

Duh.

Everyone knows that.

"Ah, hehe. Sorry about your pies, sir,"
    the hippogriff mentioned sheepishly to the glowering General. She rubbed the back of her head with one paw in a very human-like gesture. Though she would probably insist that it's a very griffin-like gesture and that they clearly came up with it first.

The General, a gnome with an absurdly bushy mustache, grunted in reply. "Everyone 'round here has insurance that covers random encounters. You'd be a fool not to."

The teen just stands there for a few moments breathing noisily until at last he points directly across from the dog kennels. Stacked four high is a wall of cages containing cats of various ages!

"The cats are right there, sir."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

[Window Shopping]

"Then perhaps we should kinesotheumatically buffer ourselves out before any more random things happen?" Lydia suggests, covering her confusion at the Big Magical Words™ with humor.

...as the burning pie rack decides to collapse at that moment, one pie falling from the falling rack on a trajectory that ends on Lydia's face.

SPLUT!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #758

[Window Shopping]

"Ah, well. That wouldn't work," Geneva replied, shifting awkwardly. "Flight magic isn't like arcane magic. It can only be extended over the user. And the interactions of a dampen/buffer trick creates a mana leak that uses exponentially more power the longer it's running. I might be magically gifted, but I can only hold a dampen/buffer trick active for twelve point nine three seconds at most before burning myself out."

Clearly she's timed herself before.

And then pie happens.

Despite herself Geneva giggled.

Just a bit.

Seeing a hippogriff giggle is probably kind of strange.

"Ah, miss?" calls the clerk from the Vault-Tec shop as he leans through the new hole in his shared wall with the pie factory. "Your PipBoy has been updated."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

[Window Shopping]

It's Key Lime pie, too!

"...hey. This...actually tastes pretty good. Can I get four of these?" Lydia asks the Pie General, even as she tries to find a towel to wipe her face clean.

The magical explanation, having flown over her head at SR-71 altitude, just gets a nod!

She has pie to get now! No matter how irrational that might be.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #760

[Window Shopping]

The pie General quickly boxed up four key limes for Lydia and awaited payment! Once he's been given money of some kind the assassin will get her pastries. But in the end she'll gain her pie.

And who's going to argue about gaining pie?

Geneva likewise paid for her computer upgrades, though she was rather surprised when the clerk admitted that he would rather take her supply of bottle caps rather than actual money. That was something she never really understood. Why bottle-caps? Faux money is really only valuable because people believe it is. It has no practical use to speak of. She could understand using something like bullets or spark batteries for currency since they have inherent value, but bottle-caps?

It's almost as if someone had arbitrarily decided that using bottle-caps would be the best way to symbolically remind the audience that the Wasteland was living off the garbage of the long dead past.

But that would be silly.

...right?

The hippogriff shook her head to derail the weird thought train and smiled pleasantly. "Sorry about the big mess. And thanks for fixing my PipColt-"

"PipBoy."

"-whatever. For me."

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

[Window Shopping]

Thankfully Lydia has a hammerspace full of gold coins! And those are a universial currency!

And so, face wiped (mostly) clean of pie crud and four boxes of pies in her arms, she steps back through the hole, leaving General Custard to figure out how to make custard out of dead Ork.

"Your...device...is repaired, then?" she asks Geneva. Arms filled with pie boxes.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #762

[Window Shopping]

"My PipColt? Yep! It's working great now that it can make sense of the netcode here! Must have given it a tune up, too. I think it's running faster than it was before," Geneva explained as she left the pie shop.

Off into the streets once more where a giant neon pink floating jellyfish was waving around signs for The Frying Dutchmen all you can eat sea food buffet. All you can eat sea food. All you can eat.

As in you pay once and then you get to keep eating until you explode?

Oh, wait. A little astric at the bottom of the sign made mention that the owner reserved the right to kick anyone out if they tried to stay over night and continue eating forever. Apparently someone pulled that stunt before?

Geneva giggled a bit at the mental image of someone holing themselves up in a restaurant and refusing to leave.

That was about the time that it struck her that she had killed one of those... things... and didn't think twice about it. Ugh... Those few months in the Wasteland must have really rubbed off on her...

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Walking Down The Street

Kirin walks for a bit, looking around...

And soon enough the pair come across another pair. One of them is another cat girl, with a strong build and a notable hourglass shape. She's wearing modest jeans shorts (as opposed to the tiny things in a lot of modern catalogs) and a top that shows off a bit.

The other one is more human-looking and much less shapely or muscular, mainly notable for the large fuzzy ears on the top of her head. She's wearing casual slacks and a short-sleeved shirt with geometric designs on it.

This pair are looking into a store window, commenting on the outfits within.

Kirin heads over to the store window, and points at a green dress.

"Xavier, do you think this color would look good on me?"
    [Walking Down The Street]

Xavier looks over the dress, then devotes his attention to Kirin. "I think you would look absolutely stunning in that dress." He says with a big smile.

Pavati stares at Needs. What just happened? She's rather glad when she can look at the cats now. "Oh, one of those things? Is that what you wanted?" She looks back at Needs, carefully avoiding the hairball. So gross! >.<
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-06-06 at 08:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

Walking Down The Street

The cat girl snerks. "Heh, lucky. You can look good in any color, but I have to coordinate with my splotches." Said cat girl is black with some large rust orange spots.

Kirin shrugs back, "Well, at least you can wear neutral colors without looking drab."

"Yeah, that's one thing I do appreciate."

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

[Window Shopping]

"Good to hear. So...I suppose I might need a backpack or something." Lydia frowns. Carting pies around in her arms is no good at all! And she can't put them in her bag, as they'd get ground by the magic money grinder, and that would be even less good...

"Also, finding an inn would likely be desirable."

Meanwhile, across the street, a Hanar, a Wookie, and a Displacer Beast walk into a bar.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #766

[Window Shopping]

"An inn? You mean like a hotel? Let's see," Geneva muttered as she prodded a few buttons on her wrist and sub-vocalized her desire to view lodging near her current location.

Immediately her combat EFS was replaced with various inns, motels, and hotels! She indicated the closest one and a description popped up along with a nice little arrow on the ground to point the way. All only visible to her of course. Aren't illusions handy?

"Okay. The nearest place is Hotel California. But one of the reviews says that you can never leave after you check in. ...and to please send help."

Geneva coughs awkwardly.

"Alright. Not that one. Mothman Bed and Breakfast. It says here that moths will whisper cooking secrets of the future to you while you sleep. Which is... umm... kind of weird. There's a place called Motel Pi that's pretty close. Apparently one of their selling points is being completely normal with no weird gimmicks."

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

[Window Shopping]

"I suppose that would be the term for it where you're from," Lydia agrees with a nod. "And if a place says that it's compeltely normal and not weird at all, clearly it is a trap of some sort. Places don't say those things if they're really and honestly not."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #768

[Window Shopping]

Geneva gave Lydia an odd look. She wasn't sure if that reasoning was really sound considering how weird most of the places around Inside seem to be. A normal hotel would be quite the draw amidst all the surrealistic strangeness.

"Okay... Ummm..."

Mobile motel on chicken legs? A little too surreal.

The House of Legos? That sounds kind of neat. Though torment on the feet if you aren't careful.

An underwater resort? Eeeeh... Interesting. But Geneva wasn't ever very keen on being under water.

The Love Igloo? Uuh... not going to ask.

"How about Metropolis Tower? The upper half of the building is a hotel, though it sounds kind of fancy. It says that it's in the atom-age part of Inside, Metropolis Square. Whatever that means."

It means ray guns and chrome! Lots of ray guns and chrome.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Walking Down The Street

The cat girl snerks. "Heh, lucky. You can look good in any color, but I have to coordinate with my splotches." Said cat girl is black with some large rust orange spots.

Kirin shrugs back, "Well, at least you can wear neutral colors without looking drab."

"Yeah, that's one thing I do appreciate."

Xavier seems kinda... disappointed at the lack of reaction. Now Kirin's talking to this other person and he doesn't know what just happened. Oh well.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Bugbear in the Playground

Central Park -> PokeCenter

((Maybe we could have them talk a little, instead of jumping straight to arrival at the Pokemon Center?))

"T-thanks." The young man mumbles again, shifting to let Beatrix plant her shoulder under his arm. It's not fun, especially having to let go of his injured arm for a moment, but he bears it with a weak grin.

"I.. My name is Sebastian. Uh, you?" Still, he tries for polite small talk. You can never go wrong being polite and a little chatter might take his mind off of- No, no thinking about the pain. Dammit. That was supposed to be the point of making conversation.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Thank you.

Felandria takes the key and goes through the door.

[Outside Everysize Hotel]

The forest goes on for a while, but there is a pth that leads her somewhere.
    It needs at last 15 minutes until the trees are clearing and open the view to a city.

From what she see's this looks just as normal as everywhere else, but if she remembers, she is around 300 feet tall and things seem to be made for her size.

A closer look reveals a industrial time city. It's hard to make out more and the forest path seems to lead directly into the city center.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #772
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

[Outside Everysize Hotel]

The forest goes on for a while, but there is a pth that leads her somewhere.
    It needs at last 15 minutes until the trees are clearing and open the view to a city.

From what she see's this looks just as normal as everywhere else, but if she remembers, she is around 300 feet tall and things seem to be made for her size.

A closer look reveals a industrial time city. It's hard to make out more and the forest path seems to lead directly into the city center.
    As she makes her way towards the city center, Felandria soaks in her surroundings.

She realizes just how massive this place must be, considering how big she is right now, and is glad she took the key, because she wants to explore this place for a little while.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

23. - Top - End - #773

[Burger Place]

"Yeah, it kinda makes it really hard to train. I met this other trainer one time, but I haven't seen him since." Sure he was a jerk, but Becca just wants to see some other proper trainers, Not all these people who have pokemon and don't even know how to battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post

((Maybe we could have them talk a little, instead of jumping straight to arrival at the Pokemon Center?))

"T-thanks." The young man mumbles again, shifting to let Beatrix plant her shoulder under his arm. It's not fun, especially having to let go of his injured arm for a moment, but he bears it with a weak grin.

"I.. My name is Sebastian. Uh, you?" Still, he tries for polite small talk. You can never go wrong being polite and a little chatter might take his mind off of- No, no thinking about the pain. Dammit. That was supposed to be the point of making conversation.

((Sure.))

"Beatrix and this is Malby." She nods to the golem, but he knew that already, didn't he? "So what happened to you? It just attacked?" Pokemons usually didn't do that... right?

[Burger Place]

"Another reason I don't come here much. You meet a lot more crazy people than trainers and you can never be sure something is a pokemon or some really weird animal or whatever." Inside is just too crazy for pokemon trainers. "But while I'm here, is there any place you can recommend where I might find pokemons?"

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

Summoning Blues

Depends on what you make happen there.
    Just summon things? Is it any books?
    Nick is still coming to terms with magic being a thing, so he asks a lot of questions to make sure he doesn't make a horrible mis-assumption that gets him killed.
    "To an extent. I'm going to need to make a detour into the nature of the multiverse to explain this.

Firstly, no story is just a story. Every plotline, every imagined alteration to a plotline where people put themselves as characters, alter events and so forth, every piece of fan fiction, every work of imagination, has its own reality. These realities are of varying strengths. Popular stories, ones that lots of people become invested in, are stronger, and easier for me to manipulate. That's why I love RPG rulebooks - people become very invested in their characters, and thus into the universe of the game, and so I can summon things from those universes much more easily. I also like popular series. However, it's almost impossible for me to summon something that is minor, not detailed, or mostly irrelevant. Take the Harry Potter series... er, you wouldn't know that, but it's a series from my original world. I can summon spells from it easily, because they're detailed, their effects described, and they're used a lot. However, things like one of the Hogwarts portraits... umm, Hogwarts is the wizard school; the portraits move... I can't summon, except for a few, because they're generic. Not detailed or specified. I'm also limited in that I need the actual book to do it."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

Xavier seems kinda... disappointed at the lack of reaction. Now Kirin's talking to this other person and he doesn't know what just happened. Oh well.
    "I'm Kirin, and this is Xavier," Kirin introduces them.

"I'm Fialle," The cat woman says, "and my friend is Tirah."

Tirah nods. "It's good to meet you."

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Summoner Blues

Nick actually does understand roughly what he's talking about. He's basic logic, once you get past the mind-boggling multiverse thing.
    "So, you could open a book and use a transforming spell because the book says exactly why it does but you couldn't summon the wizard who supposedly invented it, since he's just a name at best?"
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-06-07 at 12:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

[Window Shopping]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Geneva gave Lydia an odd look. She wasn't sure if that reasoning was really sound considering how weird most of the places around Inside seem to be. A normal hotel would be quite the draw amidst all the surrealistic strangeness.

"Okay... Ummm..."

Mobile motel on chicken legs? A little too surreal.

The House of Legos? That sounds kind of neat. Though torment on the feet if you aren't careful.

An underwater resort? Eeeeh... Interesting. But Geneva wasn't ever very keen on being under water.

The Love Igloo? Uuh... not going to ask.

"How about Metropolis Tower? The upper half of the building is a hotel, though it sounds kind of fancy. It says that it's in the atom-age part of Inside, Metropolis Square. Whatever that means."

It means ray guns and chrome! Lots of ray guns and chrome.

"That sounds reasonable enough to me," Lydia agrees with a nod. "I assume your...computer...can show the way there? I don't think I'd want to get lost in this city."

Were she more genre savvy, she'd ask and make sure it wasn't located right next to LexCorp!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #778

"Mh. It did." Or, if he did something to make it angry, he doesn't know what. "And.. And before that, there, there was a rabbit. With horns. Threw pies at me. Would that be a.. a Pokemon?" That might explain things. A little too well. He'd rather things not make sense.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #779

[Window Shopping ==> Metropolis Square]

MagCorp, maybe.

"I've got the directions on my EFS," Geneva responded with a nod. "It projects a little arrow onto my vision that I can follow. The default display is a little cluttered, but thankfully adding and removing features isn't very difficult."

Nothing worse than a cluttered augmented reality display.

"It'll be nice sleeping in a real bed after months of the Wasteland throwing its worst at me," the hippogriffed sighed as she started off toward Metropolis Square. "Though I wonder how it'll compare to the cloud bed I had back home..."

She tried pretty hard to avoid thinking too heavily on home. The heart crushing grief had mostly been replaced with a dull numbness by now. Was that how she was supposed to feel about her friends and family being murdered so their home could be gutted for its technology?

Geneva banishes those thoughts and focuses her mind on learning instead.

"Can your species walk on clouds? I would guess not since you don't have any wings,"
    she gave her own a ruffle to punctuate that point.

The City continued to bustle around them in its dizzying array of weirdness. Though the utterly eclectic display soon gave way to a more unified appearance. Nineteen fifties style attire and cars. Sky scrapers reaching off into the clouds. Airships cruising overhead. And the occasional retro-robot clanking along covered in needless flashing lights.

Geneva looks... shocked. To say the least. "Wow... this is almost like the pictures I had seen of pre-war Equestria. Just with humans everywhere."

30. - Top - End - #780

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    As she makes her way towards the city center, Felandria soaks in her surroundings.

She realizes just how massive this place must be, considering how big she is right now, and is glad she took the key, because she wants to explore this place for a little while.
    [The other Outside Everysize Hotel] ((Maybe we should switch over to Outside? Technicaly we aren't inside anymore.^^))

As mentioned indutry is young in this city, but there seems to be a reason for it. The people around are equal to her current size, as if this is the normal size. Some of them don't walk or drive cars. They fly, without any noticable piece of technologie.

The shops around also seem weird for this age. They sll strange plants, magical components and other stuff you would guess in an medival age.
    Weapon shops seem to sell swords and other weapon upgreaded by stempunk technologie. After all the whole city appears a bit grey, leaking plans ot just gardens.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK