New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,469 of 1469
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 52

Hodgepodge Street - H3

The SETs note this down, and then talk to each other a bit. After a moment, the female pulls out a crude magical scanner and tries to scan a nearby pony, trying to get more details on the magic in them.

Red Zone - Park

Kilt's angry rant is cut short by this. All of a sudden, she has a metal arm... and that's pretty cool. Was it some kind of 'I'm sorry' thing, or just a random thing?

Well... one way or the other, there's nothing here to fight. So it would be best for her to get out of here...

She looks at the nearest exit. She should escape that way. But the Pomph might do the treadmill thing again... gah, if only there was something solid to dodge or fight. Kilt will begin to make her way toward the exit, watching for things that might happen.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

Red Zone - Park

Assuming she isn't running anymore, Kilt gets away just fine. The Pomph seems confused that she abandoned her exercise routine, but it's hard to tell since it's an invisible, unknowable force that defies existence.

Still, it will follow her along without her knowledge, watching to see what she does and if anything interesting happens.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1443

[Hodgepodge Street - H3]

Well.

Looks like Tango is getting scanned again. The little pegasus is still pulling against Sister Lauralie's grasp, though she's going nowhere fast. Interestingly enough her wings aren't producing any lift to speak of despite the fact that she's beating them like crazy.

Instead they seem to be exuding a magical force superficially similar to dark energy. The magic is counter-acting gravity and pushing on Tango's body to provide her with thrust.

Just...

Not enough thrust to escape from an elf's grasp.

Maybe once she's a few years older.

"That... whatever you're doing, it's safe right?" Sister Lauralie asks of the SETs. Why is she even expecting a coherent reply? "Is that machine like a tricorder?"

Meanwhile!

It isn't long before the giggling of the children alerts Sister Tabitha to the fact that something is up.

She turns around just in time to spot Shindara stooping down to try picking Mist up so she can pet him better.

"Ahem."

The children all eep and do their best to look innocent.

"And who is this?" the Sister inquires, pointing down at the fox.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red Zone - Street

Kilt does leave, and continues on her way. She's somewhat confused now, and still grumpy since she lost her teeth. She'll just go along the way that she had first thought of, not taking any shortcuts through parks or gardens or whatever...

Hodgepodge Street - H3

Very interesting! The male assures her that it's safe and asks about what the thing she mentioned is, but it's all in the space language so it doesn't make any difference what he's saying.

The female will observe the magical fields more. Very interesting... she wonders if these other ponies have similar effects...
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-06-25 at 04:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

H3

Mist looks at her with a very blank expression.
    "It's rude to point, ma'am. And I'm a performer today, looking around at my peers and saying hello to some of the people who were in my audience."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

[H3]

Andy gives a wave as Laurali drags her charge away, continuing to play until the song is over!

[Riftline]

"potions..in bag," Lydia manages to gasp, before coughing into a hand.
    Oh dear.
    She's coughing up some blood spots.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Also Meanwhile!

Another goblin child is curiously watching Brinika and her family from behind, armed with a large poof of cotton candy. His features are notably different, no doubt a goblin with ancestry hailing from another world completely.

Odd how that works. Humans are all more or less the same whilst goblins and orcs seem to vary widely.

Though these concerns aren't very high on the child's list of priorities right now. Mostly he's more interested in the sweets purchased for him recently by one of the orphanages caretakers, a friendly elderly elf woman.
    Brinika turns around and sees another goblin looking at her.

"Hi!" She greets him cheerfully. She's also interested in the cotton candy, but hasn't decided to buy any yet.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #1448

[Hodgepodge Street - H3]

More unintelligible babbling!

Lauralie finally sets Tango down on the ground and says, "Come now children. It's time we were going."

This results in a chorus of 'aaww....'s from the kids as she begins leading them away from the strange aliens that apparently want to study them. She isn't sure if they're dangerous or just really odd... The fact that they won't answer her questions in a way she can understand them really doesn't help to build any trust.

Anywho! The closest thing to Tango's odd magic is the little yellow and green unicorn filly levitating an ice cream cone in a field of pink magic that matches her eyes. It is quite unlike what Tango was doing. It's almost as if the glowing field were an extension of the filly's body since the weight of the ice cream is being transferred to her as if she were physically holding it.

The little herd of foals begins to obediently follow Sister Lauralie.

Meanwhile!

The goblin boy gives a small eep and flees behind Sister Agatha. Looks like he's on the shy side of things.

There are four other children with her, two goblins and two dwarves. And they seem to represent a fairly wide range of interest in the goings on of the festival. Agatha smiles down at the little goblin boy and ruffles his hair before offering a similar smile to Brinika. "Don't mind little Ginzump, he gets shy when people he doesn't know talk to him."

[Also Meanwhile!]

"I see, please excuse my rudeness then," Sister Tabitha replies. "Some of the children have taken to collecting stray animals on our outings and I didn't want a repeat of last week's debacle."

That last bit is spoken with a bit more emphasis as she turns her gaze to the children.

It results in a few giggles.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Bugbear in the Playground

H3

Codin/Mil bows as he finishes the song, then steps back to let the other singer of the band take over on the vocals. The large lady, dressed in traditional dress for a Valkyrie, starts singing Wishmaster. Maybe Aiden might recognize that his landlady is the singer this time.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

H3

Mist shoots the kids next to him a sideways glance.
    I don't even want to know, do I?
    It's amazing how wonderfully good kids are at screwing things up.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Slipline Potion Time!]

Dawn hastily grabs Lydia's satchel, and pulls out a strange glass tube filled with some strange, glowing red elixir. She quickly reads the etching on the brass or copper plating on the container - sure sounds like a potion! She quickly wrenches the cork off the top, and pours the strange concoction into Lydia's mouth, gently raising her head with a wing so she doesn't choke or drown.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Riftline]

A moment of peace.

Which is swiftly shattered.

"Wow! That was pretty exciting!"
    Two bunny ears, disconnected from anything at all, duck and weave in the air near Bob, a mildly familiar voice coming from...somewhere near them.
    "But, uh, we might need to hurry up.
    I sort of tried to move things along on my own and maybe made it worse? Also I think their leader is onto us."

Well, she knows their leader is onto them, since it just tried to seal her in some sort of amateurish circle thingy.
    Okay, maybe it was really clever and she got lucky, but no one needs to know that.

"On the bright side, I think there's only the two left! Plus a couple of the squicky little oozy-faced workers. But I don't think they're all that dangerous."

[Near Common Street]

Ashes to ashes

Blinding light, searing flame, my final memories. Her final deserved gift.
    A cruel and just punishment.

Dust to dust

That should have been the end of it. Burned and forgotten, there should have been no more.
    Yet, I feel aware once more. Feel myself...coming back together, sliver by sliver, mote by dusty mote. I do not understand why, but I feel a great power tugging at my essence, pulling the scattered pieces together once more.

Returning the pleasure of life, and the void of living, to me once more.

I feel the eyes, hear the voices. My rebirth is being observed.
    Fear, curiosity, wary positivity. My observers are unsure how to react, but do not seem surprised.
    Was I expected?

As my own sight returns to me, I can note how incomplete I still am, devoid of feature and possessing little more than the barest of shape.
    This is rapidly changing, as I detect the familiar curve of a spine, the cracking spread of limbs adjusting to growing bones.

My gaze slides outwards, towards my nearest observer.
    A peculiar creature, walking upon two legs, clothed in some manner of dress. Likely in place of fur, judging by the relative lack of clothing on the more...bear-like creature sitting at their side.
    Curiosity and fear I detect from them, respectively.

A brief pain, as the ends of my limbs tear and twist, digits growing and stretching out from them. Fingers. Toes.
    I breath, the appearance of a mouth, lungs, vitals commanding me so.

The two-legged one speaks, but I do not understand the words.
    My own tongue moves, sending words of reply.

Confusion ripples amongst the observers, likewise failing to understand my own speech.

Somewhere far from home then. Perhaps for the best.

I settle my head back onto the dirt of the road, awaiting the final motes to congregate within me.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Atriol]

Mia shrugs in confusion, not the played way. She is as suprised as Yuki is.
    MDM will drop yuki right after reaching the goal. It really seems that the robot got a mind on his own.
    [Atriol]

Yuki just sighs, pushing himself off the ground and dusting off his coat. "Um, anyway... come on, Akira should be somewhere over this way." He starts walking down a hallway, beckoning Mia to follow.

The hallways are constructed out of a dark, rich paneled wood, glossy under the light. Other than the various patterns and decorations, the walls are surprisingly bare.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #1454

H3

Aiden decides to take another look at the Vikings' stage, and does a double take on noticing his landlady dressed like a valkyrie. He tries for a moment not to laugh, heading back to the lady at the bagpipes. "Hey, nice to hear someone who has the lungs for that instrument."

15. - Top - End - #1455

[Riftline Ruckus]

"We're all still alive!" Geneva yells back. "Lydia just got hit by a lightning bolt! I don't think humans take those as well as pegasus do."

Sunder laughs at that comment. "Nah, you think? So she's just a bit crispy huh? Well get a potion in her or somethin' and get back in here. We've still got some squid-heads to kill."

Glad she's so concerned about the assassin's well being.

Back in the train!

Bob just stares at the ears, water sloshing and rolling about his sandy body.

"You are one of the Warden's offspring are you not?"

[Hodgepodge Street - H3]

"Just children being children," Sister Tabitha replies curtly before herding the gaggle of orphans forward again.

Hmm.

Looks like the festival might be starting to wind down a bit.

But it might start picking up again!

Just have to wait and see.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Atriol]

Yuki just sighs, pushing himself off the ground and dusting off his coat. "Um, anyway... come on, Akira should be somewhere over this way." He starts walking down a hallway, beckoning Mia to follow.

The hallways are constructed out of a dark, rich paneled wood, glossy under the light. Other than the various patterns and decorations, the walls are surprisingly bare.
    [Atriol]

MDM can just hope, that the wood carries the big robot. So they both follow.

"A very sporadic floor. Not very inviting."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #1457

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

"I... don't really know. Adir was gonna tell me the whole story, but..." Sakura pauses, blinking rapidly. "He'll have to tell me when he's back." Because he's going to come back. He has to.
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

Time for a subject switch. "So how long will you be staying here? You look pretty exhausted." Cessie asks.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Mystique Physique - Kirin and Xavier

"Well, it's not as if magic is ever cheap," Kirin shrugs. "Now let's find a phonebook or directory or something."
    [Mystique Physique - Kirin and Xavier]

"Right, let's go." Xavier leads the way out an... presumably they do just that. Wherever that takes them.

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"They said everything looks like it went well, so I should get out sometime later tomorrow." Sakura replies. "Could you two make sure their room is all ready and everything?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-06-26 at 03:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile!

The goblin boy gives a small eep and flees behind Sister Agatha. Looks like he's on the shy side of things.

There are four other children with her, two goblins and two dwarves. And they seem to represent a fairly wide range of interest in the goings on of the festival. Agatha smiles down at the little goblin boy and ruffles his hair before offering a similar smile to Brinika. "Don't mind little Ginzump, he gets shy when people he doesn't know talk to him."
    "Aw." Brinika's ears droop a little. "I'm sorry. I just saw another goblin and I thought I'd say hi. I thought most of us had gone to Underside."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #1460

[Steele Street - Above the Fog]

To the Cloud Castle!

The inside is...

Actually really simple.

Just a big empty room made of clouds with a floor of those weird brown blocks. Sitting on a raised pillar in the middle of the room is a six foot tall golden harp busy singing away.

That is so totally worth something.
    [Steele street - Above the Fog]

On that day, it is said that, for miles around, hundreds of psychics suddenly heard a deafening mental CHA-CHING, the source of which would go unknown for generations.

Cracker and Digger both approach the pillar. The elder will try to saintly lift, with fair ease I should add, while the younger watches his six, shovel drawn and ready.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Robots and Irregulars

Nick doesn't resist anything, and will also let them take the revolver he's pretty blatantly wearing. He's hoping they don't do the same for Alysha though since she kinda needs her weapon to not fry in the sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Location Tags Dig Giant Robots?]

"Now, hang on. We're coming along with you anyway, so those cuffs are hardly necessary," Red insists, making no move to assist with being cuffed, but also not drawing the sword he's obviously wearing on his back either.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    Teddy's eyes glaze over and he begins chewing on his lip when he sees the cuffs. He seems to be on the edge of a nervous breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Junkyard Arrests

Nick whispers to the guy cuffing him,
    "Hey. Watch the cuffs around the kid. He's got some trauma from his world's military, and the last thing we need is a panic attack."
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Robo-cuffs

Alysha doesn't resist at all, though she does seem a little bit nervous.

Um, excuse me, sir? She'll turn her head to look at the man cuffing her. Um, I know that you cuffing me means that you'll wanna take my Keyblade away, but, um, could you not do that? At least not until we're at a spot with no windows? It helps keep me from getting hurt by sunlight. She'll smile a little, hoping the man will be nice enough to acknowledge her request.

If they search the canvas bag from hanging from her shoulder, they'll find half a dozen bottles of non-alcoholic Ichor Liquor, a few Ethers, and several brightly colored straws.
    Searching gets done, revolvers are taken, swords (that aren't giant keys) will probably also be taken. One of the Irregulars mutters. "Ugh. Always something to make following protocol difficult, isn't it?"

Another goes on. "Fine, fine. Vamp gets to keep the giant key so she doesn't bake. As for this guy..." A helmeted look goes Teddy's way. First the cuffs go away, which might help. But...then the trooper gestures to one of the other Irregulars present, who immediately moves to grab Teddy. Assuming he can get a grip, it's quite firm, power armor and all.

The Irregular in question reveals himself to be the group medic when he pulls a syringe and tries to jab Teddy with it. The syringe is full of fast-acting tranquilizers. This part is reliant on being able to grab him first, though.

That and it's a dosage appropriate for humans, meaning it probably won't work if he's oddly resistant for some reason.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin and Xavier

Kirin will lead Xavier to a phone booth (the phone appears to be one of the really old ones, without even a rotary dial) and looks through the phone book. "Any ideas on where to look? I'm not seeing much."

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirin and Xavier]

"Let's see..." Xavier pours over the phone book, and soon flips to the libraries. He skips over the Philip Memorial Library, but another catches his eye. Mostly because of the very long name. "How about Abrajin's Pandimensional and Possible Infinite Library?"

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Atriol]

MDM can just hope, that the wood carries the big robot. So they both follow.

"A very sporadic floor. Not very inviting."
    [Atriol]

"Sporadic? Not at all. It's quite continuous." Yuki grins cheekily, leading them to a large set of double doors, intricately carved with a life and death motif, represented by a tree and a scythe. "We're here."

He steps up, pushing open the door. It opens onto a large room with bare walls and ceiling colored an alabaster white. A single figure stands in the center, surrounded by swirling lights and symbols, controlling their movement with waves and taps. He turns to Yuki and Mia, raising an eyebrow. "Ah... Yuki. You're back. And you've brought your... friend? Relative? Lover?"

Yuki just glares back at him. "None of the above, Akira. This is Mia, the diplomat that just arrived. And her companion robot, MDM."

"Right. I knew that." Akira closes down the light with a short wave. "Welcome to Atriol, Mia-dono. I hope everything has been satisfactory so far?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin and Xavier

"That... sounds about right. Sure, let's go there. What's the address?"

Kirin will note down the address. It's a bit from where they are right now.

26. - Top - End - #1466

[Steele Street - Above the Fog]

He's going to try picking it up?

Seriously?

It's a flippin' six foot tall golden harp.

It weighs over a ton.

Despite his best efforts the magical musical piece doesn't so much as budge.

Huh.

Now what?

[Hodgepodge Street - H3]

Brinika is offered an apologetic smile. "Many people the Nexus over live in many different places. Some choose to keep close with only those like them. Others choose to mingle. But these children under my care all live at the Church of Cunningham Children's Home. They are children who have no parents."

Sister Agatha ruffles Ginzump's hair and the boy grins up her. "But they are all still loved very much," she turns her eyes to a little human girl standing up on her tip toes and reaching toward a trinket at one of the booths. "Even if some of the insist on looking for trouble."

The girl eeps and runs back to the group. "I was just looking!"

"You don't need to touch it to look."

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

H3

Mist stays with the kids for a few minutes before taking his leave to find something else to do before the place closes up for the night.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

"They said everything looks like it went well, so I should get out sometime later tomorrow." Sakura replies. "Could you two make sure their room is all ready and everything?"
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

"The room should be ready by the time you and the twins get home so don't you worry about that." Cessie replies with a smile. "There won't be a moment you can't call for help, Kirin, Garn, Xavier, I and Harnel will be there for you."

29. - Top - End - #1469

[Wanderin' Through the City]

"Repeeent!" caterwauls a disheveled looking hobo wearing a sandwich board and a paper-bag like a hat. He rings a large bell to get the attention of as many people as possible.

"Repeeeeent!" he hollers. "Repent for the End of Thread is near!"

Wait.

What?

What's this crazy guy yelling about?

Probably a- NEW THREAD!