New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 52

Sable Spire, Blue Zone

Martyn had underestimated the base. He certainly won't be making that mistake again.

Okay, Marty's flying... and then more lasers and missiles and nasty things. Lasers burn and hurt him, and the missiles and all that cause the power armor to shut off, so now Martyn's going to be actually taking physical damage from shots. Hopefully now he's out of range to the point where he can teleport? If not he keeps flying fast, and sends a spell of Mass Freeze backwards.

What that is, is a massive cone of fearblaze which probably freezes missiles and things coming his way.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [DMC 2.0]

"Alright then."

[T-t-t-timeskip!]

Yuki smiles over at Mia. "Hey there, Mia. You ready to leave?"
    [Timeskip Somewhere]

Mia now wears another outfit. Instead of the fine robe she wears a fine journey dress. It's not perfect for this, but it's much better then her robe. MDM is still right behind her.

"Hello Yuki, Yes I am."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Everysize Hotel

C can put a paw on the gem and activate it as long as the chain is in some way circling his neck. Obviously there would be a lot of spare chain but that doesn't matter as long as the clasp is shut. It also can be shrunk easily, Jace just couldn't make it start that size because it'd be hard as heck to work with.

"Eh. [moderate sum] is fine. This was more for fun than profit, really. Sorry about the size; I really couldn't make it much smaller. It's why I can't do rings well. It'll still work fine as long as the chain's touching your neck. And shrinking it shouldn't interfere with it at all."
    Everysize Hotel

Well them Mr. C tries to use the amulett then and assuming Jace didn't force in any traps it should work. So Mr. C sit's on the ground nacked looking up and down the body.

"That's awesome. It feels so different."

He attemps to stand up, but fails. His normal body just got paws. He isn't used to have legs and knees. Without help this might need a while.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

[Sable Spire, Blue Zone]

Not quite yet, no. Vyrn's paranoia means the area around the base is teleblocked for a good ways around. Later on he'll probably say something like 'and you called me paranoid'.

The next missile barrage gets blocked by ice! However, that's not what Martyn should be worrying about this time, oh, no.

Instead, it's Vyrn, who solidifies back where he is, and takes aim with that gauss gun of his again. That black aura that was seen earlier swirls around the barrel much more swiftly and visibly, thicker and ever more ominous-looking.

Then he fires a single shot after Martyn. A single shot, overcharged with the artifact's magic to create a projectile with power even beyond those laser cannons. Said magic also makes it capable of much longer-range attacks, and as for the weapon's explosive properties...well.

Let's just say the explosion's not so tiny this time. The size of a grenade blast minimum, only much more powerful than one. Just, you know, more localized.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Sable Spire, Blue Zone]

Not quite yet, no. Vyrn's paranoia means the area around the base is teleblocked for a good ways around. Later on he'll probably say something like 'and you called me paranoid'.

The next missile barrage gets blocked by ice! However, that's not what Martyn should be worrying about this time, oh, no.

Instead, it's Vyrn, who solidifies back where he is, and takes aim with that gauss gun of his again. That black aura that was seen earlier swirls around the barrel much more swiftly and visibly, thicker and ever more ominous-looking.

Then he fires a single shot after Martyn. A single shot, overcharged with the artifact's magic to create a projectile with power even beyond those laser cannons. Said magic also makes it capable of much longer-range attacks, and as for the weapon's explosive properties...well.

Let's just say the explosion's not so tiny this time. The size of a grenade blast minimum, only much more powerful than one. Just, you know, more localized.
    Ooookay, this blast from the gauge almost kills Martyn. Needless to say, he's bleeding out quite a bit, and panicking. He activates the White Setting, and his body starts healing slowly. The extra boost from the gun must have gotten Martyn a little closer to leaving? Because Martyn's going extremely fast in the air, and attempting to teleport second after second.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

[Sable Spire, Blue Zone]

That would do it, yes. However...that explosion? Was significant enough to have the irradiative effect I mentioned before.

Meaning, Martyn has likely been blasted with a sort of deadly magic radiation that will be very bad for him, mostly in the form of being generally disruptive to his casting (magic radiation scrambling) and generally being likely to slowly melt his flesh the longer he doesn't get the radiation purged somehow.

It'll likely cancel out with the regenerative ability, but at the same time, that still leaves him bleeding out.

Other than that, he's free to teleport away in terror now.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

Martyn teleports straight here, seeing as it was the easiest place to hide out. The first thing he does is take out a cable from a pocket, and jam it into a socket in the wall, and sit down and wait for his suit to power back up, second he casts a spell that will assure his teleportation cannot be detected.

That radiation? That... Doesn't really work. Martyn is not effected by radiation, or things like that. He's a demon, not really a man anymore... and practically made from magic. The magic that pretty much makes him up can't be scrambled or blocked, so no radiation happens. But Martyn is still bleeding out everywhere.

He also takes out two white cartridges filled with power packs, which he jams into the back of the Powerglove like batteries. This allows the White Setting to activate and run, healing Martyn. ****. There... That's pretty impressive for one man.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Timeskip Somewhere]

Mia now wears another outfit. Instead of the fine robe she wears a fine journey dress. It's not perfect for this, but it's much better then her robe. MDM is still right behind her.

"Hello Yuki, Yes I am."

Everysize Hotel

Well them Mr. C tries to use the amulett then and assuming Jace didn't force in any traps it should work. So Mr. C sit's on the ground nacked looking up and down the body.

"That's awesome. It feels so different."

He attemps to stand up, but fails. His normal body just got paws. He isn't used to have legs and knees. Without help this might need a while.

Everysize Hotel

Jace really isn't bothered at C's current lack of clothes. Of course Zebes isn't.
    "You need any help? Zebes and I went through this when we were in school once. Long story."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

I misread high-tech heavy rifle as high-tech sniper rifle. Go figure.

"You know what you did wrong? You didn't dodge. Anything. No battle experience at all. Always keep moving in a fight. Shields should be a back-up tool for when you do get hit, but you shouldn't be getting hit nearly as much as you were." It's just bad!

Reinholdt also really kinda wants to shoot Marty as he teleports in, but will let Reynard decide that.
    Ah, when has that ever stopped him from doing anything stupid? This guy can't be allowed to decimate GLoG. This is probably Rein's best and only chance to take Marty out for good. Just have to be sneaky about it...

As Rein talks, he goes over to where Marty's seated, intending to clap him brotherly on the shoulder with one hand. And trying to put a bullet through Marty's head with a heavy Magnum that appeared out of nowhere just now using the other hand. Ohhh, he's going to feel that kickback for weeks using that thing one handed.

Reynard can stop him at any point before reaching Marty though. So best to wait on FF now.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-05-22 at 07:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Market Street

Hmm, your claims are impressive. Let me think... Abrek scrathes his chin as he ponders I'll keep it simple, I think. How about a trinket that would allow me to change the colours of my eyes. Not just the iris you understand, the whole eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Market Street

"Can be done. Can be done, but.." Melbourne squints at the four-armed ape, sizing it up. Sketchy creature. Good. Sketchy sorts are adventurers or thieves, always have money. "Tricky. Double price, ten?"
    Market Street

The well dressed man nods in agreement with his companion "I would have to agree. The orb of the eye does not generally change it's color, to affect it without harming you or your biology would be a difficult work. For your safety and his effort, I would have to insist."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #160

Taberna Lavernalis

As he watches the fight Reynard falls silent, all of his jocularity fading away. True, Martyn had very poor tactics, but the Irregulars' base was even more powerful than anticipated. Still, thanks to the scrying pool, they now had a very good idea of Vyrn's capabilities.

As Martyn shows up, Reynard turns away from the scrying pool and walks towards him, frowning in concern. I am truly sorry; I had gravely underestimated those bastards. Next time you will have plenty of back up. I think we need to get some powerful long range missiles, don't you agree?

Then the Trickster does three subtle things. First, he makes it so that the outlet Martyn is plugged in to drains him even further, not recharges. Second, he scoops up some of the radiation clinging to him and seals it off for later analysis. Third, he covers every surface of the room, including what Martyn is sitting and leaning on, with holy symbols. The entire building is now sanctified holy ground blessed by the Goddess Laverna. That should weaken the demon, hopefully.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Sable Spire, Blue Zone]

That would do it, yes. However...that explosion? Was significant enough to have the irradiative effect I mentioned before.

Meaning, Martyn has likely been blasted with a sort of deadly magic radiation that will be very bad for him, mostly in the form of being generally disruptive to his casting (magic radiation scrambling) and generally being likely to slowly melt his flesh the longer he doesn't get the radiation purged somehow.

It'll likely cancel out with the regenerative ability, but at the same time, that still leaves him bleeding out.

Other than that, he's free to teleport away in terror now.
    Yeah... sorry, but Rage has other ideas. The radiation is expelled from Martyn and will irradiate the area around him, killing anyone close. The spirit's essence wells up in Martyn's wounds, further accelerating the healing process. He'll be fully healed in about thirty seconds.

*EDIT*

Just saw Hatter's post:

1) The batteries in Harald's armour are good for about a decade, so no need to recharge, and

2) The Power Glove's healing is rendered fairly unnecessary by the healing factor from Rage - as above, Martyn will be completely healed in about half a minute, even without Harald's biotech and mechanical enhancements and the Power Glove.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-05-22 at 10:50 AM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

Ahah, didn't know that about the armor! Nice to know.

So, The Powerglove is recharging, and Martyn's now at full health. His armor is not. His armor is attempting to recharge, but at zero power, it's not getting any larger, which Martyn can clearly sense seeing as the armor is bonded with him.

So, Martyn is at full health, just without the armor's special abilities. He's not charging, and after a minute of Reynard talking, he stands up, and moves to the outlet, taking the plug out and putting it back in... It's not working. So, Martyn turns around, the holy symbols not doing too much to an elder demon of Rage. As in, no damage and such, but Martyn is feeling a bit ill.

He'll attempt to grab a chair and throw it as haqrd as he can out the window of the tavern. I'm back at full strength and such, but my armor won't recharge. Where's an outlet? I can just go elsewhere and be back. Yes, you gravely underestimated everything. So... Well, so did I. I went in without a plan of action, just blowing things up. Next time, I'll have a decisive plan.... So, get me an outlet. Or.... You know what, nevermind. Harald packed more batteries Rage just told me. I'll just change batteries... He wills it and his armor switches batteries.

Fix your inn, kay? Now what.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Timeskip Somewhere]

"Hello Yuki, Yes I am."
    [Somewhere]

Nodding, Yuki takes out his scalpel. "Wonderful then. Let's go."

With a spin, he violently stabs the tip of his scalpel into the air, a crackling smell of metal filling the area. He slowly drags the blade vertically down, a long slit appearing within the fabric of the world. Reaching the floor, he pulls back his tool and pokes at the hole. "It's stable and properly aligned. Come on, jump in!"

Yuki gives Mia a cheerful smile and squeezes into the gap. The edges will expand to accomodate any size of entry.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #164

Taberna Lavernalis

I think you missed Reinholdt's post. Reynard doesn't even have time to finish speaking before Martyn is attacked.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

Well, seeing as Rage healed him back to full health on the way here, but Martyn's without shields and such, he's shot. Of course, the helmet would still be on from the battle, but the faceplate is down. So, Martyn would have been shot, would it not have been for his hatred of physical contact, so, he won't even let Reinholdt get close to him, plus Martyn doesn't like Reinholdt. So, as Reinholdt approaches, Martyn will give him a glare and sit himself on a chair, but he'll block Reinholdt from getting too close by having a chair move in front of Reinholdt.Don't touch me, I don't like being touched... Nasty animal.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-05-22 at 01:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nort's Place

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Hm." Useless. Or, not useless, but not useful right now. "We have an infestation of sorts to clear. Is there any way you know of to bypass these safeties?"
    "Possibly inside of the field. It would be easier to incipacitate then it would be to kill." Nort might be able to get the machine to kill someone in the field but it would be tricky to say the least, and probably not super reliable. "As I said it wasn't meant to be a weapon."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Marketplace]

"It's...a long story," Aeryn says, her expression turning sad. "I'd need a couple of drinks to get into it."
    [Marketplace]

Halia frowns, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to; it's not that important."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post

Everysize Hotel

Jace really isn't bothered at C's current lack of clothes. Of course Zebes isn't.
    "You need any help? Zebes and I went through this when we were in school once. Long story."
    Everysize Hotel

"Yeah, help might be good here. I'm not really used to have arms and legs."

Obviously! He seems to swing his arms around uncontrolled and his leg just seem to not move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Somewhere]

Nodding, Yuki takes out his scalpel. "Wonderful then. Let's go."

With a spin, he violently stabs the tip of his scalpel into the air, a crackling smell of metal filling the area. He slowly drags the blade vertically down, a long slit appearing within the fabric of the world. Reaching the floor, he pulls back his tool and pokes at the hole. "It's stable and properly aligned. Come on, jump in!"

Yuki gives Mia a cheerful smile and squeezes into the gap. The edges will expand to accomodate any size of entry.
    [Somewhere]

Mia nods as she follows. MDM will hold up the gap so Mia has no problem to get in. Squeezing in ruins the hair you know?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Everysize Hotel

Jace offers and hand to pull him up.
    "Let's help you up then. Standing should come first."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Taberna Lavernalis

Well, seeing as Rage healed him back to full health on the way here, but Martyn's without shields and such, he's shot. Of course, the helmet would still be on from the battle, but the faceplate is down. So, Martyn would have been shot, would it not have been for his hatred of physical contact, so, he won't even let Reinholdt get close to him, plus Martyn doesn't like Reinholdt. So, as Reinholdt approaches, Martyn will give him a glare and sit himself on a chair, but he'll block Reinholdt from getting too close by having a chair move in front of Reinholdt.Don't touch me, I don't like being touched... Nasty animal.
    Taberna Lavernalis

Admittedly when Rein's post started, Martyn was a highly wounded, easy target. Being suddenly fully healed certainly would have changed a lot.

As it is, Reinholdt goes to pull out his big old Magnum and level it at Martyn as if to shoot. He doesn't intend on shooting, but wants to find out what Martyn's instinctive reaction to about to get shot would be. There's always one.

"More human than you..."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-05-22 at 04:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

Martyn hears the gun being taken out much faster than a normal human could, but that still doesn't negate the shock of hearing someone ready a gun behind them. The first thing Martyn does, (Staying true to what little is left of his old self), is vanish.

He teleports across the room (If he can) and will reappear behind them, on the other side of the room, from there he readies his Powerglove, and blue sparks of electricity jump around his hand. He doesn't fire either. What the **** is going on here? Drop that gun, or I will blow apart this place. Reynard, control your minion.

Martyn's eyes flash about, though he is at full power. He'd just come from extensive contact, and was a little bit spooked at how powerful Vyrn was.

22. - Top - End - #172

Taberna Lavernalis

Gun? What are you talking about? He is holding out a drink. Are you not thirsty after that fight? Reynard's voice is calm and soothing, very hypnotic even. Martyn successfully teleports, but only that once. Now the place is dimensionally anchored. The speaker system turns on, softly playing a holy hymn being sung by an angelic choir. That should add to the effect of the holy symbols covering every inch of the room.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

I thought Rein was in front of Martyn not behind his back?

Reinholdt hmphs and puts the gun away anyways. He learned all he needed to know for now.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-05-22 at 07:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

I don't even know, this got confusing... Let's see if this is right.

Reynard is by a table? And Reinholdt is standing in front of where Martyn was, and Martyn is across the room.

The choir is certainly annoying Martyn, and now he's just spooked by Reynard and Reinholdt. He'll attempt to fly right through the roof, attempting to smsh through the wood and such. I don't trust you.

25. - Top - End - #175

Taberna Lavernalis

Martyn is just going to bounce off the ceiling, like jumping on a trampoline. Everything looks shiny. Be not afraid. You can trust us. Take the drink. Are you not thirsty after that fight? Reynard goes to the bar and grabs the bottle of wine, then hands it to Reynard, who pours a glass full and gives it to Reynard, who offers it to Martyn.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

Reinholdt would have much preferred Martyn actually leaving as that certainly played right into Rein's hands. Last thing he needs is Martyn to actually feel comfortable with Reynard.

The cat grumbles something about how the most destructive always flip out at the mere thought of being destroyed as he goes back to his seat for coffee. It's not beholden to the concept very well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

Martyn frowns, not knowing what to think. He'll softly float back down to the ground, but at this unsheathes a black sword from thin air. He points it at Reynard but doesn't move it. The blade is an anti-spellcaster weapon. Meaning anything it strikes is drained of magic. He'll wave it through the air. Stop that music, NOW! And I'm leaving, you guys can fight your own wars. I am fine on my own. You go fight by yourself. He'll attempt to walk backwards, leaving with his blade pointed at Reynard. He'll use his telekinesis to attempt to find that weapon Reinholdt was using, and cause it to fly towards Martyn's hand.

28. - Top - End - #178

Taberna Lavernalis

Reynard sits on the couch next to Reinholdt. Don't be such a sourpuss! Reynard plops down on Reinholdt's other side. Would you like me to get you some fresh coffee?

Reynard looks over his shoulder at Reynard and Reynard, who shrug at Reynard. Reynard continues to offer the glass, layering more magical suggestions into his soothing words. Do not leave. It is dangerous out there. You are not fine on your own. Stay with us. We will help you.

Behind the bar, Reynard nudges Reynard to turn up the volume on the sound system. Reynard squints against the bright, painfully white light coming from the windows and door at the front of the building. Since Martyn has his back to the windows, he won't notice something with too many eyes and wings sailing past on a course of fire.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

[Marketplace]

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Halia frowns, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to; it's not that important."
    "Let's just say that when all was said and done...there wasn't much left of the sorcerer." Aeryn's tone is neutral, but it should be clear there's an unsaid 'and what there was needed a mop' after that. "And things got more complex after that."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis

Look at that! The Magnum comes flying right over to Martyn. Guess it couldn't get hammerspaced. Safety's still on though.

"You came to us, remember? You're the most pat-." Reinholdt pauses in what was going to be an awesome taunt and blinks a bit as he looks past Martyn. He... that...

"The, uh, strongest you have please." Reinholdt replies to Reynard.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-05-22 at 08:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast