New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 52

A Park

As lightning crackes around the hammer, Kate flinches. Stupid improperly grounded cybernetics... she'll just have to fight through it.

Kate ramps the energy on the laser gun in her third arm to approximately "I want that thing to die horribly" and fires at What's torso. Part of her wants to aim at the hammer arm, but she doesn't want to risk missing that powerful of a blast.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Street]

"That is probable although equally so that you simply were not anywhere that people would have normally been found.. Or simply moved too quickly for any to ask for the time of day... Metaphorically speaking." the Entity supplied. It could be any number of things, really, but those were simply the most likely.

"Regardless, it may at least give you something to think of if even only in passing." they said. That was really all that they could hope for. Any further action was simply a bonus, really, as helping expose minds to interesting events was generally a reward enough on it's own. It was somewhat like poking a black box with various stimuli and finding out what it creates and produces. Or, well, there was more to it but that was certainly one of the reasons that might be applicable.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Tabernacle

Matryn's chanting. That's never a good thing. Reinholdt opens his mouth to explain to him he needs to calm down. That acting rashly when it comes being dimension hopped is a bad thing and sometimes fighting isn't the answer. Trust him, he's been through situations similar to this before.

Such things are interrupted by Reynard kissing him though.
    Rein's pretty dumbfounded at first. Then he feels the heat of lust overwhelm him. The spark between two people that only purely erotic couplings can create. The fire of...
    Oh.
    No wait, all that's just real flesh and bone consuming fire.
    Nevermind.
    Hellfire even, followed by Heaven's Light. Normally it's the other way around. Can't trust Disney at all!

On the upside, Reinholdt never would have imagined dying, then going to Heaven.
    Or vice versa as the case may be.
    Achievement unlocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    A Rubbish Bin
    ((Yes, I was invited to this scene))

Overhead, there is an odd buzzing noise. A moment later, four long, segmented, translucent green legs touch the ground and decelerate a woman in Green. With forest green hair and a light green lab coat, her bright blue eyes still stand out somehow. She seems pleased with her landing, and the extra limbs simply disappear. She turns to look at Elise with a smile... it's not clear whether she only just now noticed her or whether she knew she was there the whole time.

"Hello."
    [A rubbish Bin]

Ellise is surpised when Copi appears, holding her laptop out in front of her almost as if it were a shield. Oh geeze, what's going on? There's this girl with crazy powers here. Wait, she said a greeting. Response? Yes respond!

She opens her mouth to say something and ends up saying "Green."

YOU FOOL! Abort! Abort now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Junktion Junkyard

Rapture takes a thick cigar from her cleavage as she ponders and lights it with a couple puffs. "Well..." She starts, blowing out a thick cloud of noxious smoke. "I think that'd be just about Shiney, really. Tell you what. You patch her up with my sister here, and you'll be part of the crew. We need to get a couple more people too if we're gonna work her right."
    [Junktion Junkyard]

"I can work with that,"
    May says enthusiastically, "Every tank crew should have an enginseer."
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-05-23 at 04:28 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

A rubbish Bin

"It's a fine color. It's almost hard to believe that it's a mix of blue and yellow. Rather, it seems to be closer related to blue than to yellow. Yellow-green is a sick color, while blue-green is the color of the ocean, a natural and healthy color. Quite interesting, hm?"

"However, chances are I startled you and your brain is switching between fight or flight mode and socialization mode. Take a moment, take a deep breath, and try again. Here, let's try introductions: I'm Copi Kate."
    She offers a handshake.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Rubbish Bin]

It's a long moment before the girl responds, "... Ellise Ellendale," she says, extending a hand to shake, "Were you just flying?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Central Park

Have you seen the size of Seviper's fangs? They are not little.

The Seviper releases her fangs, before coiling up ready to strike again. She enjoys this game; the human makes funny noises when her teeth strike!
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Street

"It is was very interesting, and I thank you for showing it to me. I will think about it, rest assured of that."

Copi never stops thinking.

A Rubbish Bin

"Indeed. It's quite enjoyable. However, it's also very complex. Lots of things to fine-tune, modify, optimize. Wing shape dictates a lot of what you can and can't do, but that itself is because wing shape also dictates the way the wing moves. However, the actual surface of the wings also dictate a lot of what one can and can't do. Of course, this would be simpler if I could do wingless flight, but I can't. Not yet, anyway."

Copi does not have wings, it might be noted.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

Central Park

No. No, they are not. Especially when they've been clamped down into your thigh.

The human makes more funny noises, a strangled whimper escaping as he fights to hold back the building scream of pain and terror. Suddenly this hallucination isn't so fun- If it even is a hallucination. The pain burning, pulsing, writhing, searing through his leg feels real. Very real. All too real.

Pushing himself back along the dirt with his good leg the man tries to distance himself from the coiled serpent, digging one hand in to the inner pockets of his coat. There's a knife in there somewhere. Not a very good one, more for show than fighting, but a blade is a blade.

By the looks of the giant python's scaled armor, he doubts even a sword would be very effective.

Oh gods. This had better be a hallucination.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-05-23 at 05:28 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

Taberna Lavernalis/Heaven/Paradise Lost

Martyn will be able to teleport away. But why would he want to? I mean, apart from the legion of eldritch angels attempting to devour him and the entire plane violently rejecting his corrupted existence. Who would willingly flee Heaven? Stay, Martyn, and embrace redemption. Give up your Rage and become whole once again.

Reynard wasn't permanently killed, but a large part of him was ruined by this little dimension hopping trick. Not even someone as powerful as The Trickster could get away unscathed. And his base of operations was completely destroyed, of course. The spot where the bar of Laverna stood before being plane shifted is now an empty lot in Inside.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

11. - Top - End - #221
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Elsewhere -> Atriol]

MDM is allways next to her. he was just a gentleman to open the path for her, something you don't see much today. She will follow silently. there isn't much to say, but obviously she is impressed how easy the plane travel goes.
    [Atriol]

After Mia steps through the door, Yuki will quickly follow, retrieving his scalpel from the frame. Closing the portal, he reappears beside Mia. They are in a small cave, roughly hewn, with a stairway curving out to one side. "Good... I see that we're all here in one piece."

"We're not in Atriol proper yet, but in a demiplane off the main system. Direct travel to the area is blocked by a very dangerous array. Come, it's only a short journey from here to the gate system."
    He smiles and begins walking up the stairs.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Central Park

I feel bad now- I thought the person was trainer who'd be able to fight the Seviper on their terms, not a Nexus-newbie thinking he's hallucinating. Oh, well, too late now- let's torture him more, yes?

The Seviper is staying crouched back, waiting for him to take out whatever he's reaching for. It might be fun! And if it's an empty pokéball, she'll ensure that he won't live to regret it.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    A Rubbish Bin

"Indeed. It's quite enjoyable. However, it's also very complex. Lots of things to fine-tune, modify, optimize. Wing shape dictates a lot of what you can and can't do, but that itself is because wing shape also dictates the way the wing moves. However, the actual surface of the wings also dictate a lot of what one can and can't do. Of course, this would be simpler if I could do wingless flight, but I can't. Not yet, anyway."

Copi does not have wings, it might be noted.
    [A Rubbish Bin]

"Wait, wings, was that that green stuff you used to land?" Ellise asks. If it turns out she can shape that stuff, Ellise is going want, nay, have to write about her. It'd be a good way to break in the new computer!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Rubbish Bin

"Indeed, but that's a rather long story. Interesting, I'll give you, but long. But please, I am curious about you. What do you do?"

The question is left open-ended, for what she chooses to answer the question with is just as interesting as the answer itself.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-05-23 at 06:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Rubbish Bin]

"I write," Ellise says, "Usually about people and things that I meet. Just little stories, you know? I hope you don't mind, but with everything you just told me, I'm likely to write about you. I just got a new computer and need to test it out anyways."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Rubbish Bin

"No, I don't mind. Odd coincidence: I want to go into writing, too. I have some ideas for fiction and I would like to get them down and see if they sell."

Copi silently finds the idea of writing fiction about people you know odd, but certainly won't speak up about it. It's the kind of odd that you can see from a normal person, as opposed to the usual nexus odd.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Rubbish Bin]

"Maybe we can share stories some time. Do you have an email address or phone number?" Eliise has a wide smile spreading across her face. A writing buddy! And a really interesting one too! This is going to be great!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Rubbish Bin

"Hmm... would you believe that this is the first time that it's come up? I don't have a cell phone or a computer, or enough money to likely get one. However, there is one little thing I can do."
    Within herself, Copi tries to examine and memorize the "fingerprint" of Ellise's mind; she should instantly recognize Ellise whenever she's in Copi's psychic sense range. "There. I remember you, and I'll keep a watch out for you. If there's some physical places you frequent, I can watch those when I want to find you when I do have some contact information."

19. - Top - End - #229

Central Park

Not a pokèball but a knife, with silver inlaid upon the grip and a blade that gleams with untarnished polish as it's pulled from the scabbard. Not a tool that's seen real use. Doesn't matter. Any weapon is better than none and the human clings to it like a lifeline, jabbing threateningly at the air between him and the snake as he continues to back away.

And I wouldn't worry too much. The man has enough magical power to get to the Nexus under his own steam- Drive him far enough and he might have another trick or two.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-05-23 at 07:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Central Park

I stopped feeling bad by the time I pressed 'Submit Reply' .

"Ssseviper." The snake lunges forwards and to one side, curling around and trying to Wrap the human in its coils and give him a big hug and maybe crush him a little.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Rubbish Bin]

"Uh, alright. My apartment is on the corner of Dursley and Abbington. I don't know the address offhand, but it's apartment 201. Drop by whenever you like." she says curiously. What had Copi just done? It was weird.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Rubbish Bin

"I will sometime. For now, what would you like to talk about? I would like to get to know you, and there is no better way to do that then by discussing various things." Copi will step away and gesture, inviting Ellise to walk as they talk.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Rubbish Bin]

"Hmm... well, why don't you tell me about the abilities you have?" Ellise suggests, walking, "I'm very curious." Might be necessary for the writing, after all!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Rubbish Bin

"Well, at my core I'm a psychic. Mental powers, mainly, but I consider such things to be morally questionable. I also have some telekinesis. The psychic limbs are an extension of that by way of some focusing devices that were built into this body."

Built into... you know, Copi has some seams some places like she's not quite a real person. And her eyes... if you look at her bright blue eyes from the wrong angle they're creepy.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-05-23 at 08:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Rubbish Bin]

It seems that Ellise has caught on, and unless Copi stops her, will try to stop the psychic by placing her hands on either side of Copi's head, so she can get a good look into the green-haired girl's eyes. If she came any closer, it'd look like she was trying to kiss Copi, but the look on her face is that of curiosity and wonder.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

An alley

Copi lets her get in a good look. They're... doll's eyes. They're like eyes taken from a doll.

"Would you like to hear the whole story? It'll be somewhat vague, blurring people involved, but it's a good story. Truth, it seems, is stranger than fiction."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Alley]

Ellise backs off, "Only if you want to," she says. Was Copi already telling her things? Why? They'd just met, and she hadn't even asked. Still, she was definitely curious.

28. - Top - End - #238

Central Park

The human lunges as well, stabbing and slashing along the serpent's length as it twists it's coils around him. He's not stronger than a normal human nor, as mentioned previously, very well armed, and snakeskin is quite tough, but this is a rather young Svepir so who knows?

He might even manage to annoy it a little.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

An Alley

"Well, the short version is that I was held in sensory deprivation until I went mad. I then went so mad that I came back around to a mockery of sanity. I then ticked of one powerful entity, getting myself kicked out of said deprivation, and entertained another who gave me this body."

"The reason I am telling you this immediately," Copi suddenly says, "is because I want to know how you'll react. I'm an abomination, mentally, and a simulacrum of life, physically. What do you have to say about that?"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Alley]

Ellise's eyes light up, "Does that mean you have detachable parts?! Sometimes I just want to take my legs off because I don't want to get up. Taking off a body part would be a great way to deal with excess pain!"

Seems she's somewhat glossed over the "Abomination" and "Madness" parts