New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    A Park

As lightning crackles around the hammer, Kate flinches. Stupid improperly grounded cybernetics... she'll just have to fight through it.

Kate ramps the energy on the laser gun in her third arm to approximately "I want that thing to die horribly" and fires at What's torso. Part of her wants to aim at the hammer arm, but she doesn't want to risk missing that powerful of a blast.
    What ducks the blast, before continuing onwards with his sprint. Oh, that's alright. He didn't really need the upper half of his head, anyways. It wasn't doing anything important, after all.

That said, if he doesn't finish this quickly, he might not get a chance to finish it at all. One more blast like that and What Pumpkin's not so likely to get through it as well as he did this time around. What sweeps low with the hammer, aiming for his prey's hip. If he connect, it's probably going to hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

An Alley

Acceptance due to geek/nerddom and maybe ADD. No sign of full realization or careful thought on the matter. It's amazing how much you can learn from a non-sequitor.

"No, it all stays on. But please, keep talking. I want to try and guess something about you."

A Park

Jump up, momentary gain high ground, spend rest of energy on doom kick. No problem-

Kate is sent sprawling. She is not fast enough to do that. Just not fast enough. Her hip is intact (thank you reinforced bones) but she's not going to be doing anything because between the impact and the pain from the electric field, not to mention any real shock discharged into her body, is more than enough to keep her from doing anything for a bit.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-05-23 at 08:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Alley]

"Oh," Ellise says, blinking, "well, I don't meant to make light of the trauma you've gone through, but I have to say the result is fairly impressive. You have a very nice body, whomever made it must have been an amazing craftsman. and you say the... green things are from amplifiers you have embedded in your body? May I see them? Can you show me how tangible the limbs they make are?"

Seems she's more obsessed over Copi's capabilities than anything else.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

An Alley

"No, you can't see them. They're embedded in my skin, and my outfit does not lend itself to disrobal. As for the limbs themselves..."
    a small, translucent green thread tries to worm it's way up to Ellise's shoulder and... pop! There should be a 4-inch tall translucent green Ellise, standing on Ellise's shoulder. It's doing Copi's best imitation of Ellise's body language.

It's more or less solid, and it feels like it has the proper softness, but not the accurate texture.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Alley]

Impulsively, Ellise goes up to give the translucent image of her a hug, testing its tensile strength.

"Amazing! Just absolutely amazing!"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

An Alley

Mini Ellise, though momentarily confused, hugs back. She's about as strong as you would expect. "I can easily carry myself around, but emitting large amounts of force tires me quickly. Detail, however, is much easier for me."

"Now, how about we play a game? You can ask a question, then I can ask one, and on, but each time we set a limitation on the question to be asked. For example, I would like your next question to not be about my powers."

She doesn't seem upset at all, in fact she seems to act like she's playfully posing a challenge.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Alley]

Ellise grins, letting go of her translucent mimic, "Alright then. Is there a meaning behind your name? My restriction for you is it has to be about something you've thought of yourself."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

An Alley

"There is. It's clear as day, if you ponder the following: I was someone before the sensory deprivation, wasn't I?"
    There... give her a bit to chew on. see if she can puzzle that out.

"And while I might not fully understand your limitation, I believe that the question, 'Am I right in guessing that you like science fiction?' should count."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Philip Memorial Library

"I'll give you, from what I found and what I've heard, that this is probably the best place for what we want," Kirin says, looking around. "But it's creepy."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Philip Memorial Library]

Creepy?

HA!

Not all parts of the library are creepy. Some parts of it are just mildly unnerving.

Like the receptionist there at the front desk, a woman who looks like she get the sanity blasted from her mind. Eyes wide and staring, skin pale and gaunt, white hair slicked back. Certainly not a pleasant sight. She's peering off into oblivion as usual.

Beyond the front desk is the library proper.

What are the intrepid seekers of knowledge after?
    [Philip Memorial Library]

"Oh I'm sure it'll go just fine." Xavier says reassuringly. Then he leads th way up to the desk. It's only at the last moment he notices that there receptionist isn't quite... right. "Um... hello ma'am. Could you help us find a book? We're looking for books on magical body alteration for some research of ours."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Everysize Hotel

Jace shakes his head.
    "No problem at all. You probably should sit down now so you can get some practice moving your legs and feet without falling over."
    He's also willing to help him over to the chair/bed. Hopefully C has enough sense to not sit on his own tail
    Everysize Hotel

Well, Jace should have told that instead of just thinking, because C is sitting on his tail as he got helped.

"Does sitting allways hurt? I feel a strange pain close to my lower back. Or is that something I need to get used to?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Atriol]

After Mia steps through the door, Yuki will quickly follow, retrieving his scalpel from the frame. Closing the portal, he reappears beside Mia. They are in a small cave, roughly hewn, with a stairway curving out to one side. "Good... I see that we're all here in one piece."

"We're not in Atriol proper yet, but in a demiplane off the main system. Direct travel to the area is blocked by a very dangerous array. Come, it's only a short journey from here to the gate system."
    He smiles and begins walking up the stairs.
    [Atriol]

Mia nods and tips on MDM with her stuff, who then becomes human size. The stairs are human size so MDM would have a hard time walking them up.

"Are there guys in black suits with sunglasses on the end of the stairs? I don't like when they scan my body."

This is more meant as a joke then really seriouse, the question with the men in black not the scanning.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Pokemon Center]

"Or make a wonderful dinner for two." Beatrix suggests with a smile. "But speaking of dinner, I'm still hungry so I'm going to grab something to eat now that I know Crystal is going to be okay. Wanna come?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Pokemon Center]

Becca blinks in surprise. Wait really? "Um, okay. I could eat." It's been a while since her last meal. She could most definitely eat.
    [Pokemon Center]

"Great, let's grab the nearest restaurant. I'm starving." Beatrix says before packing her notebook into her bag and throwing it up on her shoulder before heading out.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pokemon Center]

Becca hurries to keep up with Beatrix, not wanting to get left in her dust. "There's this burger place not far away if yu wanna go there." She suggests. Fast food is the meal of choice for a trainer who's always on the go!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Everysize Hotel

No, you're probably just sitting on your tail. Try leaning forward a bit and moving it out of the way. You'll have to find what's comfortable for you; I can't really help with that one.
    I'm pretty sure he had a tail before, so he has no excuse for not being able to move that.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #254

[Pokemon Center]

"Sure, but do you mind buying by the way? I'm a little low on cash..." This is actually a lie, but she figures she can save some money by using the guilt Becca might be feeling right now. Besides, she deserved it after unleashing that haxomon on Crystal.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-05-24 at 01:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Nort's Place

"Possibly inside of the field. It would be easier to incipacitate then it would be to kill." Nort might be able to get the machine to kill someone in the field but it would be tricky to say the least, and probably not super reliable. "As I said it wasn't meant to be a weapon."

"How easy would it be to move a large quantity of lifeforms a very far ways away?" Incapacitating isn't Excelsior's preference, but, it'll have to do.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

Central Park

The Seviper has a cut opened up on her scaled hide! She is quite young, yes; I thought the human was a trainer and would potentially capture the Seviper and wanted a low-level pokemon so that she can power up as he travels.

If she was successful in Wrapping the human in her coils, the Seviper will squeeze. If not, she will open her mouth and lash out in another Bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Pokemon Center]

"Sure, but do you mind buying by the way? I'm a little low on cash..." This is actually a lie, but she figures she can save some money by using the guilt Becca might be feeling right now. Besides, she deserved it after unleashing that haxomon on Crystal.
    [Pokemon Center]

"I... guess I could." Becca mumbles something else, but it's intelligible. She doesn't seem very happy about it, though. The trainer leads the way to the burger joint. Looks to be a Carcosa Burger knockoff. They're food is hardly weird at all! "Just one thing, though. I don't have very much money either."

18. - Top - End - #258

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Everysize Hotel

No, you're probably just sitting on your tail. Try leaning forward a bit and moving it out of the way. You'll have to find what's comfortable for you; I can't really help with that one.
    I'm pretty sure he had a tail before, so he has no excuse for not being able to move that.
    Everysize Hotel

"Oh."

He leans forward as told and drags the tail out.

"Forgot about it. In my normal form it's not so flexible, you know."

He slowly gets the hang on the new limbs, for example he managed to use his arms and hands, because he didn't think so hard.

"If you hand me the bag over there I could give you your payment. I dislike beeing in someone's debt even if it's only for minutes."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Nort's place]

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "How easy would it be to move a large quantity of lifeforms a very far ways away?" Incapacitating isn't Excelsior's preference, but, it'll have to do.
    "It shouldn't be a problem. I guess it depends on how willing the lifeforms are to go. If they aren't very willing it could be difficult." It might be possible to trick some people to walk through a portal. Making it a one way portal would be fairly easy.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

20. - Top - End - #260

A Park

Spoiler
    Show
    A Park

Jump up, momentary gain high ground, spend rest of energy on doom kick. No problem-

Kate is sent sprawling. She is not fast enough to do that. Just not fast enough. Her hip is intact (thank you reinforced bones) but she's not going to be doing anything because between the impact and the pain from the electric field, not to mention any real shock discharged into her body, is more than enough to keep her from doing anything for a bit.

What doesn't intend on stopping with just her hip. Next up on his list is her arms, to be mercilessly bludgeoned with the hammer until they stop offering up any kind of resistance. Oh dear. Unless I'm mistaken, that lightning sensitivity seems to have been Kate's undoing.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Everysize Hotel

"Oh."

He leans forward as told and drags the tail out.

"Forgot about it. In my normal form it's not so flexible, you know."

He slowly gets the hang on the new limbs, for example he managed to use his arms and hands, because he didn't think so hard.

"If you hand me the bag over there I could give you your payment. I dislike beeing in someone's debt even if it's only for minutes."

Everysize Hotel

Oh, okay.
    Jace raises a hand and grabs the bag telekinetically. Because why not?
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-05-25 at 06:19 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Park

"AAAGH!" Kate's left arm is in pain! PAIN! But doing her best to operate through that, Kate takes a swing with the blade in her right arm.

A nigh-blind swing. At this point she's more or less just going down kicking and screaming.

23. - Top - End - #263

Street

"It is was very interesting, and I thank you for showing it to me. I will think about it, rest assured of that."

Copi never stops thinking.
    It would likely be very near the end of the block at this juncture. Or possibly there already. Distance in the Nexus was of something of an art than a science when it came to travel. "Very good. Though it seems we would part soon given the prior agreement. It has been interesting on both ends, I can assure you. Perhaps you would not be adverse to further discourse at some time hence?" the Entity inquired. They seemed to be quite neutral in their request but wether it was from not wishing to even indirectly pressure Copi into some course of action of if it really did not matter to them what she chose would be rather difficult to tell.

24. - Top - End - #264

Park

Foolish girl. You could've just stood still and died with only a fraction of the pain you're going through now, but instead you had to put up a futile effort at resistance, and look where it got you. What parries the dying animal's wild blow with his hammer, and follows it up with a slash aimed for her throat. He just needs a clear shot at her head with the hammer, and then this will be all over.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-05-24 at 08:14 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Street

"Indeed. In fact, I would go as far as to say I would like a future meeting." Copi isn't hiding her thoughts on the matter.

Park

A hammer to the head proves unnecessary.

Kate tries to dodge the knife, do something, but her last jerk does nothing of the sort. In fact, What may find that knife wedged not in her throat, but in her chin. Her wind pipe is punctured, probably some important blood vessel, too, and there is no way she's doing anything more. If he chooses to, he can drive the thing up into her brain... or just leave her to bleed out and/or die of shock.

26. - Top - End - #266

Park

Best not to leave any chance of survival. You never know when a wizard with a stack of healing spells might be passing by at the last possible moment. What stabs as far into Kate's skull with the thing as it'll go, and then picks himself up and leaves. Doesn't even bother trying to wrest the macuahuitl out of her skull (and why would he? He can always just get another weapon to replace it.) before leaving the scene.

Or not? He backtracks to the corpse, his suit and head still an absolute mess. An obsidian blade is produced from a pocket, before he goes to work on Kate's right arm. The macuahuitl might be lost, but at least he'll have gotten something out of this to make up for it. Should the limb be as helpless as I think, he'll be leaving with her forearm only a minute or two later.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park

What will find that Kate's arm will not come off. He bones are metal, and her joints aren't held together with normal ligaments. That's how she was able to survive at all, most likely. That blade isn't coming out, either; not without some specialized tools and knowledge.

He can pop the cybernetic arm right off, but that's not going to be much use, most likely. Apart from that, there is her backpack.

28. - Top - End - #268

Park

The entire arm, then. The arm is a tolerable compromise.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park

There isn't anything sharp about it, but it's the closest thing to a trophy that What can probably get...

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

An Alley

"There is. It's clear as day, if you ponder the following: I was someone before the sensory deprivation, wasn't I?"
    There... give her a bit to chew on. see if she can puzzle that out.

"And while I might not fully understand your limitation, I believe that the question, 'Am I right in guessing that you like science fiction?' should count."
    [An Alley]

Ellise tilts her head, "You're a clone?" she shrugs, "As for science fiction, yes. The idea of traveling from planet to planet in a starship or spelljammer enthralls me. You forgot to state a restriction, though."