New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: (Nexus): A Crack in Time Plot Thread

Hailey's ~ gonna need more deer

Indeed, Aric investigates to the point of wiping off a bone with a cloth and observing the bite marks on the bones, to see what kind of animal did this.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Hailey's ~ gonna need more deer

Indeed, Aric investigates to the point of wiping off a bone with a cloth and observing the bite marks on the bones, to see what kind of animal did this.
    Felandria gets a little queasy at the sight of the deer.

What could have done that?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #63
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri, used to seeing bloodied animals from her hunting experience, joins Aric in investigating, but seems to be a bit queasy herself. Mr. Brown had said the animals were behaving strangely... but she couldn't imagine what animal would be capable of ripping a deer in two.

It's possible that it was done by a group of animals... like the feral cats that attacked us in the woods... she says uncertainly. Whatever did it, we need to be careful and watch each other's backs... god, this is disguting.

What kind of creature would tear another creature up and not at least eat the poor thing? How odd...

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Hailey's Glen

There doesn't seem to be multiple marks. Just a few bites, probably done by some scavengers. The doe has been ripped in half, as if some large thing had grabbed it in it's hands and tugged hard. There don't appear to be any bite marks of any feline, though maggots and insects are feasting on the poor thing. The doe's lifeless eyes glitter, but seem to offer no answer as to what killed her, or why.

Huh. Well, she just lies there, slowly decomposing. The bites are small, so probably a rat or two got to her.

5. - Top - End - #65

Aric stands, shaking his head. There are many things capable of doing this, but none that would leave so much meat to waste...unless trying to leave a message...
    Any opinions?
    He stashes the cloth in what appears to be an extra-dimensionary space bag while turning to his companions.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Aric stands, shaking his head. There are many things capable of doing this, but none that would leave so much meat to waste...unless trying to leave a message...
    Any opinions?
    He stashes the cloth in what appears to be an extra-dimensionary space bag while turning to his companions.
    For all we know,mine monster may have just been bored, ripped the deer in two like we would absentmindedly pick the leaves off of a flower.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

(I got a PM today, saying FishKiller was on vacation until next week, so can't post till then. So skipping happens.)

Oh, deer.

It could have been the Grundlekrunk, it's hard to tell, really. Something big though. Nothing else happens, just dead doe. It's... Probably a little intimidating to know something would do this for recreation, instead of food.

8. - Top - End - #68

All Hail Deer Lord!

Aric shakes his head in disgust, Well, there's nothing more to get out of this poor creature. I say we try to find the monster that did this...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Well, we won't do it standing here crying about Bambi.

Let's go.

10. - Top - End - #70
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Good idea. We should get moving if we want to find this Grundlekrunk thing, Ellie agrees, slowly moving away from the deer and its foul stench.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Hailey's Glen - Onwards? Yes, Onwards.

Well, the group strides forward, leaving the dead doe's dark blood seeping into the stream, death and decay over good clean water. The party might find it kinda hard to get the images out of their minds, and they'll probably be wondering what it looks like... Does it have tentacles? Multiple arms? Does it drip poisonous goo? Who knows...

The group will find it easy to walk through the valley. It's rather pleasant, actually. The sky is nice and blue, though cloudy. It's getting colder. No snow yet, but it's definitely building up to be snowing by tonight. It's not too late yet though. The stream runs through the valley, the little fish unaware that the water is slowly being contaminated. Soon the trees and tall grass will fade to a dirt path.

This dirt path leads to the mine, which is ahead in about two more miles. The path is well-beaten, and there appears to be large wheel prints across the path, very large and strong wheels... The prints must have been from a while ago, but haven't quite faded due to little wind here. There's a sign beside the road. It's the very same Frontier billboard that Angelina May and her group stood by.

There's a terrible smell about, and three corpses lie on the ground by the mine. They are clad in grey overalls and brown shirts. They carry heavy picks. They must be miners. Two of them are clawed into pieces, bones scattered everywhere. There's hardly any flesh on their bones, and their ribs are crushed completely, organs and dried blood lying around them. One is missing his entire lower body, bones and all. The third is female though, and she doesn't have any claw wounds. Her stomach has been completely melted, as if someone dropped a bucket of highly corrosive acid all over her...

12. - Top - End - #72

To the Mine!

Aric is adept at controlling what goes through his head, and horrible images of slaughtered deer are not high on the priority list. Instead, he focuses on the path, and the beauty around him. His current thinking on the Grundlebeast is that it must be trollish, based off the state of the deer and the strength needed to tear it in half.
    Kale continues that train of thought right up until they arrive at the mine and he sees the obliterated workers. Acid and claws? Probably not your run of the mill troll.
    My friends, I'm at a loss. I have no idea what we're dealing with...
    We must carry on if we are to find answers.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

To the Mine!

Aric is adept at controlling what goes through his head, and horrible images of slaughtered deer are not high on the priority list. Instead, he focuses on the path, and the beauty around him. His current thinking on the Grundlebeast is that it must be trollish, based off the state of the deer and the strength needed to tear it in half.
    Kale continues that train of thought right up until they arrive at the mine and he sees the obliterated workers. Acid and claws? Probably not your run of the mill troll.
    My friends, I'm at a loss. I have no idea what we're dealing with...
    We must carry on if we are to find answers.
    Felandria sees the bodies and is filled with a mixture of sadness and rage.

We'll see if the Grundlekrunk likes being ripped in half.

Let's head into the mine.

Felandria casts dancing lights as she heads into the mine.

14. - Top - End - #74
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri takes a short look at the corpses lying on the ground; just long enough to see two obliterated corpses and a woman burned through with some sort of chemical...

She pulls out her poison arrows and glances around before nodding and taking a hesitant step aside.

I'd be most comfortable taking up the rear, if that's okay with both of you, Ellyri suggests, preferring to see anything/everything threatening around them that may be in shooting distance for her bow.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

The Grundlekrunk's Lair

The group passes along into the mine, deep down into the depths of forgotten bloody metal. Sunlight disappears as the group descends, giving into darkness... With burned out torches and broken lamps around, it's rather dark. There are a few torches lit though. So, there's some illumination. The deeper the party goes, the more the stench of death and rot is evident. Soon the group will come to a large cave. The deepest spot in the mine. Inside the cave is a large pit, littered with at least fifty dead or half-eaten me and women.

There seems to be no monster inside. What do you do?

16. - Top - End - #76

Based on how Dancing Lights works, Aric will either be in front of Felandria or behind her. Either way, after he's seen corpses strewn about, he will ask the Giantess if she could cast a fireball into the center of the pit...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Based on how Dancing Lights works, Aric will either be in front of Felandria or behind her. Either way, after he's seen corpses strewn about, he will ask the Giantess if she could cast a fireball into the center of the pit...
    Will do.

And she casts the fireball.

18. - Top - End - #78
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellie stands back and watches with great curiosity and fear as Felandria conjures up the fire ball.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the fireball is shot into the pit! And... Nothing seems to happen. The skulls are covered in some kind of spit from the most, which is non-flammable and corrosive. So, nothing happens. Maybe they should get closer?

20. - Top - End - #80

Interesting, Aric does venture closer, spear held relaxed but ready, his shield up high.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Interesting, Aric does venture closer, spear held relaxed but ready, his shield up high.
    Felandria edges closer to the hole, casting light into the hole.

22. - Top - End - #82
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri nervously inches closer, keeping watch for the beast that did this...

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

It appears FishKiller has dropped out of he forum, and so Mee has shown an interest in replacing her.

So, to make this simple... We're just going to say that Ellyri had abandoned the group, too frightened of the possibility of death. Now to the actual post.

With Ellyri gone, Felandria and Aric traveled down into the mine alone. Aric casts light into the large pit, but sees only skulls and bones. Out of the corner of his eye though, he can see what looks like a humanoid figure across the room, having just entered from a side cavern. It sends a massive shadow across the wall, but does nothing.

(Posting order is now

NoodleHat

Aric

Felandria

Mee.

)

24. - Top - End - #84

Aric does the only thing that comes naturally to him.
    He descends into the pit, yelling out a warcry. Eliam's Wrath upon thee creature! As a knight of Alleble I declare thou shall fall for thy wicked deeds! Yes, Aric is indeed speaking with thees and thous. He's definitely pissed right now.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria follows behind, warily, keeping watch for sudden aggression from the shadowy figure.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aric does the only thing that comes naturally to him.
    He descends into the pit, yelling out a warcry. Eliam's Wrath upon thee creature! As a knight of Alleble I declare thou shall fall for thy wicked deeds! Yes, Aric is indeed speaking with thees and thous. He's definitely pissed right now.
    Well, being attacked definitely wasn't on the to-do list for today. But who is Lumia to deny violence when it gets so nicely thrown at her?

With a wordless shout of her own, the aforementioned shadowy figure rushes at Aric, overly large sword held ready to strike as soon as the distance was covered between them.
    Though she - for the voice is obviously female - doesn't come around whatever is blocking her from sight just yet. She's runnin' for it, though.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

The Grundlekrunk's Lair

Oh noes, combat between players! Anyway, Lumia and Aric come charging into the pit, rushing at each other with the intentions of doing mean things to each other. This makes a fair amount of noise. Well, there's suddenly a loud thump. Reeeeally loud thump. Then it lands. Lands. It appears the real monster has shown up, having been lurking on the shadowy ceiling of the massive room. It lands on the pit, attempting to land right on top of Aric and Lumia, most likely getting at least one of them underfoot.

And what a monster this thing is. It is at least 15 feet tall, and truly wide as a cottage, with arms the size of tree trunks, and rippling with bulging muscles, who's veins are a sickly green color, showing through the pale blue skin. It is covered in patches of brown fur, and it's whole body is covered in yellow pustules, oozing yellow fluids across it's stinking body. They range from the size of a man's head, to groups of hundreds of small pimples. It's body is humanoid, however it's face is definitely one of a troll, except all it's offices are stitched and burnt together, making it's face look blank and disgusting. However, it's head isn't perched on a neck.

It's head is directly attached to it's chest, and a massive maw the size of a school bus's front is seen. It's teeth are ranging from massive stalactite sized things, to tiny needles and hooks. It's spit is a nasty blue color, and it drips it's corrosive spittle all over the place. It's "hands" are more massive palms with eight long claws sticking out of them, the perfect tool to crush enemies. It appears to be reasonably intelligent, however, for it is clothed in a loincloth and tattered rags, with skulls and bones as jewelry. The Grundlekrunk is certainly not a natural being. It roars and it's first attack is to lunge for Aric or Lumia.

28. - Top - End - #88

Aric Kale pauses when he hears a woman's voice. He then dives aside on a hunch. Luckily, some ribs broke his fall, not his own ribs...
    He'll attempt to get back up before the beast can nab him, poke wildly with his spear.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

((By the way, I made a Quicktopic messaging system to keep OOC comments and socializing out of this thread if we're interested in any. Here's the link, and the site is completely anonymous.)) Ta da!
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-07-11 at 01:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    The Grundlekrunk's Lair

Oh noes, combat between players! Anyway, Lumia and Aric come charging into the pit, rushing at each other with the intentions of doing mean things to each other. This makes a fair amount of noise. Well, there's suddenly a loud thump. Reeeeally loud thump. Then it lands. Lands. It appears the real monster has shown up, having been lurking on the shadowy ceiling of the massive room. It lands on the pit, attempting to land right on top of Aric and Lumia, most likely getting at least one of them underfoot.

And what a monster this thing is. It is at least 15 feet tall, and truly wide as a cottage, with arms the size of tree trunks, and rippling with bulging muscles, who's veins are a sickly green color, showing through the pale blue skin. It is covered in patches of brown fur, and it's whole body is covered in yellow pustules, oozing yellow fluids across it's stinking body. They range from the size of a man's head, to groups of hundreds of small pimples. It's body is humanoid, however it's face is definitely one of a troll, except all it's offices are stitched and burnt together, making it's face look blank and disgusting. However, it's head isn't perched on a neck.

It's head is directly attached to it's chest, and a massive maw the size of a school bus's front is seen. It's teeth are ranging from massive stalactite sized things, to tiny needles and hooks. It's spit is a nasty blue color, and it drips it's corrosive spittle all over the place. It's "hands" are more massive palms with eight long claws sticking out of them, the perfect tool to crush enemies. It appears to be reasonably intelligent, however, for it is clothed in a loincloth and tattered rags, with skulls and bones as jewelry. The Grundlekrunk is certainly not a natural being. It roars and it's first attack is to lunge for Aric or Lumia.
    Felandria, seeing the others in trouble, acts on pure instinct.

She grows as large as the space will allow and charges the monster, hoping to tackle the thing and cast Shocking Grasp.