Thread: Forgotten Saga

1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Forgotten Saga

Lotto Only

Spoiler
    Show

Toro turns to you and Anami both excitement and worry in his words: Are you sure you two are enough, we should send more people in case there is more trouble than expected.

Akihisa cuts Toro off tension in his voice: Toro Kon those are Arubido's orders he knows what he wants and has more information than us at this point. I need you here. Run and tell the other men. Everyone should be at their positions, before long and we can have the cover of night to aid us. Give the messengers my false location and station Akouta there. I will remain here, it is the last place Ryo-shin's men would think to look. Give .....".

Anami turns you and smiles as Akihisa continues his conversation with Toro. Looks like the time has come. Let me grab my things we shouldn't keep Aribuido waiting. She dissapears into the other room.

.......him my location he shall relay the messages to me from the north and west, you shall run the messages from the east and south. Akihisa breaks in his conversation from Toro and gives you a nod of understanding as he pulls out a map of the city from under the table. "Lotto, avoid the main roads and stay away from the temple those places may become dense with guards. He turns back to Toro who has put his cloak on. Send the crow.....

Ok i'm ready. lets go. Anami says. he short spear in hand

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: dm
    Show

I finish gathering my things and prepare myself mentally for the fighting that is sure to ensue.
    We should be off within the next five minutes I think
    I begin to walk out the door, come back into the room, and say you said to avoid the main roads and the temple.. that could make things a little difficult, but we will manage I wink at Anami and leave the house.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    what is "the crow" supposed to symbolize? is that the signal that was previously mentioned?

3. - Top - End - #93

ElfWarriorGuy

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let me speak with him and then I will make my decision. thank you!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

OOC:
    my apologies for taking so long to post. I haven't heard any bad news so I'm assuming that roll20 worked well for all of you. I will also be working on updating your tolkens, but that is a very side project for me. Alright anyways in game stuff below....

Kuzon and Oyoriyoshi Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    The three of you (you two and Senbi), tether the horses in the stable, dig the packed snow away from the frog in the hoof and give them some fresh oats and water. When you return to the inn and enter you find Tahiyo in deep conversation with an older gentleman. Four places on the table are set with rice, a teriyaki chicken dish along with steamed vegatables, one place is set with a simple wooden bowl filled with plain rice. As you approach the table Tahiyo turns and introduces his friend.

This is Hijo, an old friend in both senses of the word.
    With that Hijo smiles and adds. Welcome, you can all feel safe here. I hear the three of you are part of the Hogo-sha no Tochi. They are a very respectful order and helped this region with our difficulties greatly in the past years. I will allow you to stay here at the discounted rate of 20sp a night. An you, he says turning turning to Oyorhiyoshi, I cannot consider myself a man of morals if I am to ask of anything from those who ask for nothing yet are willing to give whatever they can. Any disciple of Siddhartha is welcome here and the only thing I accept from them is what they are willing to give and that they follow their vowels while staying here. You may ask for anything for me and receive it free of charge so long as it helps you keep true to the faith. He pauses before adding
    My only question is why it took the order waited so long to intervene

Tahiyo fills in Hijo's comment. Hijo has informed me that the happenings in the town have been going on for longer than the order thought. It seems Izo-Ryushin has become more of a crime lord, employing his troops as thugs to get what he wants and having little discipline over them. Apparently they have become fond of raiding different markets in the town as well as inns and taverns. At first merchant carts still came into the city and so his men would prey on them, often keeping the merchants as prisoners. He has also placed a curfew on the city permitting anyone from leaving and most carts that enter are quickly ransacked. He has been returning food back to the people in order to "keep their graces".

But most of that food is rotten infested with mold.

Many people have joined his ranks realizing it is the only secure way to obtain good food and keep in the graces of the thugs, or like Hijo have joined a resistance movement.

I tend to tote the line of neutrality, but I do favor the resistance.

Lotto Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    You step out into the cold air. The town is quite and you can hear the snow dropping to the ground as it falls from rooftops and other objects. You begin to make your way to the Musume, but before you take a few steps a cold object hits you in the back of your neck. You instinctively duck and turn while drawing your rapier, only to see that it was anami who had made you the victim of her attack.

She chuckles before inhaling deeply and saying, "you shouldn't be so tense." and continues to walk with you, her satchel slung over he shoulder, and a spear in her right hand.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I glare and speak trying to contain my rage as I say "why would Izo-Ryushion become a crime lord, there is no reason I can fathom to explain why a person would willing choice the path of a criminal."

I take a breath before I continue

"I know that many thugs are motivated by money, power, or control over an area, they prey upon the weak and defenseless in order to survive but I KNOW that these things can be achieved in more honorable ways, ways that do not cause harm to anyone,ways that will not backfire, ways that are approved by society"

"I fell that I should try to contain my rage, but..well let's just say that i do not have much sympathy or patience to those who attempt to hurt other to benefit themselves"

I take several deep breathes and turn to Hijo and calmly state "I am sorry for the order late reply, I do not know why we did not responded earlier, and i thank you for the reduced rate"

6. - Top - End - #96

RogueGuy

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    What the hell was that?! I could have injured you! I say. Let's not be silly and get there so we can get on with protecting the tavern.
    I begin to walk more swiftly towards the tavern.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Oyoriyoshi and Kuzon Only

Spoiler
    Show
    Senbi turns to Kuzon and snaps. Control yourself Kuzon, we cannot distribute justice until we have thoroughly investigated ourselves and that constitutes a meeting Izo-Ryushin.
    He then turns to Hijo saying, [COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]I likewise apologize. Unfortunately we only recieved word of the need for an investigation little more than a week ago. [/COLOR]
    Tahiyou also adds, I am sure after we meet with Izo we will come to a hastened agreement and get things back to normal. It would be for the best of the town, the capital, and the empire. But I think it would be wise to wait until the morning. Even if we arrived at the castle tonight, Izo would want to wait until morning, and I for one know the breakfast her is to dine for.

Senbi laughs gruffly, adding. I refuse to take your word for that Tahiyo. I have no choice but to determine for myself. Thank you Hijo for both the accomidations and for the information, both are a great advantage and I can see now why Tahiyo values your friendship.

Hijo smiles, Hopefully that is a friendship that can expand to new borders. I do thank you and the order for arriving and I have the utmost faith that things shall return to order. Even oni and the kami tend to overstep themselves, and men are not so different.

You finish eating your fill and Hijo shows you to your rooms. Tahiyo, Kuzon, and Senbi staying in one room, nicely furnished the wood oaken floors recently cleaned, and fresh linenes one the beds that pull down from the walls. A cedar table sits off to one side of the room, a large oil lamp to the other. Blinds cover a glass window and looking out you can see a soothing snowfall just beginning. Hijo gets the three of you settled and then guides Oyoriyoshi to his room down the hall. The room is much smaller only large enough that it could fit no more than 2 comfortably. The only three objects in the room are a small brass lamp housing a candle, a simple bed with one winter blanket upon it, and two hooks on one of the walls for hanging garmnets or satchels.

You all begin to drift off to sleep....
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I need listen checks from each of you (please make them in the OOC).

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Kuzon

Spoiler
    Show
    You awake to the sounds of loud shouting coming from downstairs, instinctively you stand and begin to arm yourself. You look over and see that Senbi is already awake, sword at his side and his armor on.

Tahiyo begins to help you fasten your leather armor.

It sounds like trouble, from what I can tell it is Izo-Ryushin's men. They seem to be husteling Hijo for free booze. We shall head downstairs and see what is going on. Maybe we can request an audience with Izo-Ryushin.

Lotto

Spoiler
    Show
    As you round the corner the Musume comes into sight the famliar two story structure built from lime washed cobblestone, and sewn together with mortar. The dark oak shutters on the windows are closed, however both of the chimenys spew smoke upwards into the chilled morning air. The door to the in sits up three steps and as you approach you see the door has been busted in and can hear talking coming from inside. One of Izo-Ryushin's men stands outside, a sword hanging at his side.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

do we need to look at or move our characters on the map yet?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I grab my sword and put on my armor and say in a low voice so that only Senbi can hear me "what should we do? Do you have any idea of the numbers of Izo's men? not that I do not think we can take them if need be, but it would better to formulate a strategy rather then just charge down there weapons drawn".
    Last edited by Izzard; 2014-02-10 at 10:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

RogueGuy

Show
    I look at Anami and whisper How do we want to approach this? Should we be stealthy at first, or just run in "guns blazing"? I'd like to prefer sneaking up and taking him out silently... unless you have something better in mind. I draw my rapier and dagger and begin to sneak towards the shadows along the side of the road. These shadows should make sneaking up there fairly simple.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Kuzon only
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is a good point Kuzon, but let us head down there, if they see we are from the order, they may become more civil. Tahiyo, you wait here, see if you can scrummage any medical supplies incase things down get nasty.
    With that Senbi brushes past you and heads down the stairs.

Lotto only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well it sounds like there is already trouble inside, and old Hijo is too nice to be hassled with by these jerks so......... she pauses a minute to think... guns blazing I think, she continues, more of a question than a definitive answer, oh... I guess you weren't looking for an answer anyways. As you start to sneak off she walks towards the guard so that he would not be directly looking towards you
    Last edited by Kamakiri; 2014-03-12 at 09:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

RogueGuy

Show
    I whisper, I was just getting ready, but a dual attack like this would work nicely. Be a distraction and I will sneak up and attack them. I continue to creep in the shadows closer to the guard and wait for the perfect timing to strike. As I close in, I draw two of my many daggers making sure to keep them concealed enough to not be seen by the enemy.

I subtly move one of my daggers as a barely noticeable signal to inform Anami that I am ready to preform a sneak attack strike on her mark.
    Last edited by Lotto; 2014-03-13 at 01:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I take a deep breathe and follow Senbi down the stairs.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    DM I take a deep breathe and follow Senbi down the stairs

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Both
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    we are now in combat. Please use roll20 as the map the initiative order is as follows. Go ahead an post rolls in the IC thread here, but do so in a spoiler. I only put the ' in my post so it would not actually generate a roll For example

Attack roll 1: Shortsword '(1d20+9999)[10008]'
    target: guard in position 1 next to me (squardes adjacent to you go 1-8 with 0 being the spot you are in/below you, 9 being above and 1 starts to the north (think of a clock where the 1 spot starts at 12 oclock) hopefully this makes sense. this line only needs to be here if it isn't obvious who you are attacking -- on senbi's turn i will actually post his rolls so you guys can see what I mean, otherwise i usually do not post my rolls
    damage roll 1: '[roll] 1d6+3[/roll]'
    sneak attk dmg: '[roll]1d6[/roll'

attack roll 2:
    etc, etc.

Initiative order
    Boy
    Hijo
    enemies
    Lotto
    Senbi
    enemies
    Tahiyo
    Kuzon
    enemies
    Anami
    enemies

(this will get more detailed after we get through round 1 i'll put up the info you know so you don't have to try and keep track) Though you may want to post and keep a "battle" log info sheet in a word doc that you can update each round. If you take damage do not forget to update that on your mythweaver sheet and on your roll20 character tokein [if you don't know how to do this let me know via fb or email]

Which means we are on lotto's turn. After Lotto posts I will post again, then you can post Kuzon, then I will post again, then Lotto you post again so on and so on until combat is over or if one of you two delays your turn

Kuzon Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you go down the stairs Senbi gives you the signal to have you're weapon ready, but you are not ready for what you see. In the corner sits a child whimpering, but worse over the bar counter, which is strewn with broken glass and some half full glasses of ale, Hijo is crumbled up in a ball. It seems the two of Izo-Ryushin's men are beating him. As Senbi approaches he orders "By order of the Hogosha no Tochi I command you to stop this instant!!." The guard looks up at Senbi then to his fellow on the other side of the bar, who answers back with a sneer. "You hold no sway here, what we say is what goes, but it seems like you intend to make trouble. Go ahead men engage."

The guard facing Senbi draws his sword and hits Senbi with a blow to his shoulder, the other steps over Hijo and swings at Senbi as well, but Senbi dodges the blow

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a will save in the OOC.

Lotto Only

Spoiler
    Show
    As Anami walks up to the guard her face becomes cloaked with disgust, as she nears the guard stops her " Hold, this building has been closed by order of Daimyo Ryushin. Enterance is prohibited."

Anami responds, but I always come here, I know old Hijo well, he would never do anything bad.

At this point you hear a shout from inside "By order of the Hogosha no Tochi I command you to stop this instant!!." You then hear the sound of swords being drawn and a skirmish begin. Anami take this opportunity and strikes at the guard who easily side steps her attack.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    remember you still get sneak attack damage when flanking

ok that was a lot if you have questions on anything again let me know. it will make more sense after we get through a round or two
    Last edited by Kamakiri; 2014-03-18 at 10:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

RogueGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    If I have two weapons equipped (two daggers) am I allowed to attack with both and move, or just one if i am moving. If I am unable to attack with both, please ignore the second attack roll. Also I am unsure if sneak attack applies to both attacks, if not please ignore the second one.

I sneak two spaces north and one space north east, so that I am with in melee distance of the guard (in position 8). I preform a sneak attack with the daggers that I had used to signal to Anami that I was ready.

Attack roll 1: [roll0]
    Damage roll 1: [roll1]
    Sneak attack 1: [roll2]

Attack roll 2: [roll3]
    Damage roll 2: [roll4]
    Sneak attack 2: [roll5]

18. - Top - End - #108

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Show
    If I have two weapons equipped (two daggers) am I allowed to attack with both and move, or just one if i am moving. If I am unable to attack with both, please ignore the second attack roll. Also I am unsure if sneak attack applies to both attacks, if not please ignore the second one.

I sneak two spaces north and one space north east, so that I am with in melee distance of the guard (in position 8). I preform a sneak attack with the daggers that I had used to signal to Anami that I was ready.

Attack roll 1: (1d20+2)[18]
    Damage roll 1: (1d4+2)[4]
    Sneak attack 1: (1d6)[2]

Attack roll 2: (1d20+2)[10]
    Damage roll 2: (1d4+2)[4]
    Sneak attack 2: (1d6)[6]
    OOC: My rolls did not work apparently. I am going to post that all again as a result.

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Attack roll 1: (1d20+2)[18]
    Damage roll 1: (1d4+2)[4]
    Sneak attack 1: (1d6)[2]

Attack roll 2: (1d20+2)[10]
    Damage roll 2: (1d4+2)[4]
    Sneak attack 2: (1d6)[6]

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler: Lotto
    Show

While the guard is distracted you find a weak spot in his armor and sinking a dagger through the leather peircing into flesh. The guard feeling your blow, but not immediately realizing where it came from lets out a cry of anguish, and swings with all his effort against the target in front of him, Anami. He hits her with a heavy slash across her shoulder, tearing into her cloth. He then takes a step through the door and signals for back up. "Hey guys we go some trouble."

Spoiler: Kuzon
    Show

One of the men in front of Senbi pulls out a short sword and makes a seemingly skilled blow. Senbi responds in like swiftly striking the man with his sword with force and grace, finding a weak point in his opponents armor and cutting right into the mans arm. Seeing the men beating an old defenseless man fills you with anger, but you are able to keep your calm, though you certainly aren't going to hold back with your attacks.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It is now your turn Kuzon.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I look towards the enemies with a look of fierce determination on my face, than I draw my Elven Curved Blade and charge to the one that is closest towards while shouting "by the order of Hogosha no Toch you will NOT harm anyone this night"

Attack roll 1: elven curved blade (1d20+3)[6]
    target is enemy in position 7 in front of me
    damage roll 1:(1d10+2)[9]