New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

smile [Council of the Colossus] [IC]

Book One; Return of the Titans.

When the World of Manlolin was forged, the Gods decided to divide the land between each of the First sentient creatures, and so Manloin was split into three continents which would each be ruled by one of the three Eldest Races, The Dragons, The Eladrin and the Colossus. The Gods gifted the Dragons with the lands of Miriresa, rich with the bounty of mountains and rare ores, enough to satisfy each Dragon's hunger for Wealth, they gifted the Eladrin with Erude, covered with thick forest and stunning crystal blue lakes, matched only by the beauty of the Eladrin themselves and finally they gifted the Colossus with Arenbourne, it’s large rolling plains and huge natural mines, suited the Colossus’s urge to build, from the humble temple, to the grand cities. Each race prospered on the lands gifted to them and so passed the peaceful times of the first Era.

Manlolin Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dawn of the Second Era saw the fall of the Colossus’s Empire, and the great cities were left to crumble into dust, the Elves nor can the Dragons recall what caused the destruction of the Colossus but both races feared the ruins of the dead too much to risk claiming these territories for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtParish View Post
    {TABLE=head]Character|Player|Race|Class|Role
    Terrick | Sherishade | Human | Pale Master | Striker/Controller
    Karion | Infernally Clay | Tiefling | Bard | Leader
    Airmer | Hircine | Eladrin | Bladesinger | Defender
    Aer | tsumechk | Changeling | Executioner | Striker
    Vallery | Shadowcaller | Human | Swordmage | Defender/Leader
    [/TABLE]

Arenbourne Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Regional View
    Spoiler
    Show

Honeyset Local View
    Spoiler
    Show
    So came the time of the Human race, towards the end of the Second Era right up to the end of the Third they maintained joint control over Arenbourne, the Elves and Eladrin emigrated from Miriresa to Baulia. The Southern lands were quickly taken over by the Dwarves, who dug deep into the territory of the Dragons, searching for the fabled treasure hordes. The Western and Eastern regions were both held by Humans, and this led to constant conflicts, those who rallied under the Banner of the West, were governed by The Emperor, they perused strength through technology and Slavery to pay for their mighty Army, while those who Rallied under the banner of the East, formed a Confederation between the Barons of Keade, preferring knowledge over technology and extortionate taxes to afford their military efforts. War was looming, and both the Elves and the Dwarves were drawn into combat as mercenaries or scouts, skirmishes for control of bridges or vital crossroads became small raids on villages or farms, each side trying their best to gain more followers for their own cause, it was only a matter of time before War was declared between the Empire and the Confederacy.

The dawn of the Fourth Era begins…

Chapter One, First Encounter

It was a Dark night and the rain battered hard against the grimy window panes of the “Wizard and the Rogue” Inn, the Seasons had begun to change and the Weather was getting worse by the day. Inside the Inn gathered around the small open wood fire sat five rather drunken gentlemen gently snoozing peacefully on each other’s shoulders, around them are more than two dozen empty tankards, and the small puddles of spilt mead. While the forty something bar maid, lazily watching the rain slosh against the windows, her eyes drooping from the long shift, is woken by a blond haired wench, who carries a tray of dirty dishes into the kitchen, her tight fitting dress turning the odd drunk’s head who would smile and let out a coo of admiration. The atmosphere was peaceful enough for any man looking to relax after a hard day’s travel, with cheap beds and good food, Honeyset was beginning to turn out to be a sound destination to stay at.
    Last edited by SgtParish; 2013-05-23 at 01:02 PM.
    ~T

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Council of the Colossus] [IC] {W.I.P}

Vallery Jarven

She had heard tales of places like this. Seedy taverns where only only drunkards and whores dwelled and she had seen enough only to confirm that they were true in that regard. But she was different than these people, because the tales she had heard were never about the them, they were just background characters to the real hero of the story, in this case her. It was here somewhere it would all start. As her life would turn into books she would recall exactly how horrible these filthy places were so the readers would understand how much she had suffered before her luck had turned around.

Vallery lifts her hand to call the attention of the waitress. "Excuse me." She says, naturally assuming the waitress will immediately pay attention to her. She did stick out among these people after all. "Do you have anything else than beer to serve me?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

A robed man enters the bar, removing his hood with his gloved hands now that he was out of the rain. His hair was short and black, skin fair, and his eyes green. Walking to a table in the corner the man sits in a chair with his back to the wall and calls a barmaid to him and orders some food and drink. While he waits for his food he scans the bar, trying to keep a careful eye on what was going on.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

The door opens and a short man enters the inn, he's wearing a purple robe stained with muck from the road. He leaves his heavy deep hooded cloak on and over his face and walked towards the fire to warm himself. One of the men near the fire blinked his eyes open as the hooded man sat down; he noticed what seemed like a child dancing in and out of the strangers cloak like a shadow.

"Not much a place for kids stranger" the stranger looked up "Don't m-m-mind her she wont be a bother" the man let out a loud Hmph and closed his eyes again slipping back into his slumber.

The barmaid came over and motioned to the man asking if he wanted anything. He waved his hand saying he didn't need any food or beverage.

5. - Top - End - #5

The stranger pulls out a large worn and beaten tome from his robe. He balances the book on his lap and begins to thumb through it's yellowed pages, each one letting out soft crackles as the ancient bindings along the spine of the book struggles to hold it self together. He seems to be grasping something sold through the folds of his robes, an amulet maybe.

6. - Top - End - #6

Airmer Sunshadow - [Wizard & Rogue Inn]

Seated by a window in an isolated corner of the establishment is a hooded figure. For the last two weeks this stranger has maintained a silent vigil, watching anyone who enters the inn with great interest. Many of the regulars who frequent the tavern have opened a betting pool to try and guess this newcomer’s business in Honeyset. The prevalent theory is that the outsider is some sort of criminal who’s on the run from the law.

When the barmaid does her rounds she notices the hooded individual fiddling with a wooden puzzle box. She asks the foreigner if he would like anything to eat or drink. Setting the puzzle cube aside he had been working on aside, the stranger shifts his gaze toward the middle-aged woman.

"I'm fine, miss. Now please leave me alone.",
    he says with a dismissive wave of his hand.

Scoffing at the man’s rudeness the barmaid shuffles off to attend to other customers. Just as he’s about to resume working to solve his strange box, the angelic voice of Illisara, the town's resident minstrel, fills the bar. Looking up the cowled figure seemingly becomes entranced by her song. Once then song concludes the man motions for the barmaid to come over. Producing two gold coins from a pouch on his belt he plops them into the woman's waiting hands.

"See that this coin finds its way to the enchanting young bard, who was serenading the room."

With a curt nod the woman hurries off as the cloaked being returns to his puzzle. Sometime later the door to the lodging swings open which immediately draws the stranger’s attention. He scrutinizes this new arrival carefully but soon realizes this wasn’t who he was looking for. A few minutes later the door opens again and a short man caked in mud makes his way inside. After giving the man a brief onceover he sets his sights out the window, waiting expectantly for the woman who helped ruined his family to appear.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2013-05-21 at 04:52 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

"Fancy a duet?" the Tiefling whispered to the inn's current musician, Illisaria or something like that, evidently not taking no for an answer as he pulled out his lute and began playing, "Do you know 'Across The Bridge of Tyrnale'? It should send our slumbering friends into refreshing dreams."

Karion counted his blessings tonight. This inn was quiet and comfortable, the food was homely and filling and nobody had tried chasing him out of town with torches and pitchforks yet. Indeed, the owner had heard of him. Good things, too. A Bard's reputation should always precede them and, in all honesty, Karion was just glad his new reputation was better than his last.

Scanning the room, Karion mused to himself that these people had probably never seen two Bards play a song together. This would blow their minds.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

As the songs of both Bards entwine in harmonious rhythm, you feel the drunkards and maidens of the Tavern begin to slip further into the realms of sleep, seeing this and in an effort to outdo your own musical talent the local Minstrel plays faster and faster he steps up upon his table, beginning to dance merrily, he has chosen a traditional song of sort, for which the few drunkard murmur along to, raising the last dregs of ale in salute.

“#Now you all know, The bards and their songs, When hours have gone by, I'll close my eyes, In a world far away, We may meet again, But now hear my song, About the dawn of the night, Let's sing the bards' song”

The Barmaid answers Vallery’s question, with a raised voice to be heard over the tune that fills the Tavern. “We do have some wine Eleven wines in our cellar, imported all the way from Agran, though these do come a little steep, 50 silver for a glass of Rubyberry Wine, and I’ll send Ailia out to get some for you," she says with the sweetest smile.

“#Tomorrow will take us away, Far from home, No one will ever know our names, But the bards' songs will remain, Tomorrow will take it away, The fear of today, It will be gone, Due to our magic songs.”

The wench delivers Airmir gold to the Bard who adds in a tuneful rift as a way of a thank you, this encourages a few other fellows to Join in, gold coins begin to pile up on the dancing bards table.

“#There's only one song, Left in my mind, Tales of a brave man, Who lived far from here, Now the bard songs are over, And it's time to leave, No one should ask you for the name of the one, Who tells the story”

The green eyed man’s food arrives, looking at the traditional pie and cut potatoes, it wasn't what you’d call professionally cooked, yet it smelled good, and after a long day, that was enough.

“#Tomorrow will take us away, Far from home, No one will ever know our names, But the bards' songs will remain, Tomorrow all will be known, And you're not alone, So don't be afraid, In the dark and cold, 'Cause the bards' songs will remain, They all will remain”

One of the drunks leans over, probing at the mud-caked cloak of Terrick. “What you go’ ‘here then?” He asks, slurring his “T’s”.

“#In my thoughts and in my dreams, They're always in my mind, These songs of Halflings, Dwarves Men, And elves, Come close your eyes, You can see them, too."

The bard closes his eyes as he draws out his last note, a smattering applause is heard from the crowd, he smiles and bows, “Thankyou, Thankyou." He glances over to his competitor Karion, “Thankyou” Whispered as, softly as a summer wind.

When

Timing perfectly with the end of the Bard’s song, a loud battering at the door, the repeated thumps of terrified peasants, who accompany their banging with howls and screams…
    ~T

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Despite the decent performance - by his standards - the man wasn't particularly entertained by it. Music had never been a personal joy of his. Not very far into his meal, the man having been on alert the entire time gets up immediately upon hearing the screaming. Moving towards the door he draws a thin sword from underneath his robes along with a dagger. Sometimes that damn Red Scales oath to keep society in balance is such a pain in the ass, he mused to himself in his head. He was only half serious. If it were such a problem he would have just left the Red Scales. Disappearing and creating new identities wasn't exactly difficult for him. Taking a slow and deep breath to focus himself he opens the door.

10. - Top - End - #10

Terrick slams his tome shut sharply slipping it back into his robes, he began to look around nervously and spots a back door. He starts that way only to feel a sharp tug on his robe. Knowing what this tug was he tried to scoop up the child, only to be rebuffed with a stubborn lack of movement. Following the now outstretched arm pointing to the front door he knew there was only one choice.
    Pulling out an amulet from within his robes he reluctantly moved to one of the nearby windows to look through the grime and asses the situation.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"Take them in the back," Karion said to his fellow musician when the trouble began stirring outside, his thick accent disappearing as he thumbed towards the innkeep and her maid.

"Be they bandits or beasts?" he said to the nervous looking human, his accent returned, "Either way, perhaps ye might prefer to hide in the back? I dunnae if ye can fight, but there be innocent folk back there and they won't much mind the company."

12. - Top - End - #12

Bolting upright from his chair Airmer's hand finds its way to the sword at his hip. His violet eyes peek out of his cowl, staring at the unwashed peasants standing in the doorway.

"What's going on?"
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Once the door is opened, a strong push from the other side sends Aer and half a dozen peasants sprawling across the floor of the Tavern, the sounds of screaming combined with the Autumnal winds, creates a disturbing symphony of howls that echo within the Tavern, the Peasants stop screaming, and huddle in a group, cowering behind the Barmaid, letting out only the least audible of whimpers.

Some towering shadow moves over the Tavern, made more menacing by the brief lapse in rainfall, to add further shock, the inhuman chittering of otherworldly creatures, accompanied by the occasional low grunting of something else…
    Last edited by SgtParish; 2013-05-22 at 12:32 PM.
    ~T

14. - Top - End - #14

Vallery makes a mental check, could she afford to spend 50 silver on a wine such as Rudyberry? "Tre'mache." She replies with a sweeping gesture (roughly translated "If it's good.")
    Then she hears the noise outside, that sounded like trouble. Possibly the kind she could deal with. She discreetly moves her hand underneath the table, feeling the hilt of the rapier against her hand, ready to draw it.

As the source of the sound makes itself known, it becomes less and less likely this was something benevolent. She stares at the shadow, acting unimpressed. "I would leave if I were you if you like to leave this tavern in one piece. I don't take kindly to those who go around scaring peasants." She states loudly, sending the same message mentally to make sure the being understood her message.

15. - Top - End - #15

Seeing the door burst open combined with the sudden change in the weather has Terrick huddling close to the floor and wall. He begins mumbling words and frantically moving his hands as two small orbs of soft dim light begin floating on either side of his head. He begins to glance nervously at the back door wondering if he'd be successful in making a break for it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Landing flat on his back, the man stares up at the ceiling for a couple seconds with an unamused expression. "Why did that not surprise me?" Letting out a frustrated sigh he quickly springs back to his feet without using his hands which were still gripping his weapons.

Seeing the shadow he stares at it for a short while, thinking Big...I'm gonna need more knives. As the lady finishes speaking he shakes his head. "Please don't antagonize the giant and mysterious creature. Well at least before it says anything. Or confirming whether or not it's actually done anything wrong other than scaring the color out of every person in a five mile radius." Taking his own hint he starts scanning the area for any corpses or obvious blood splatters. While doing so he asks the figure, "So, what exactly are you doing here other than being big and menacing?"

Spoiler
    Show

Perception check to look for bodies/blood splatters/obvious signs of violence in the area outside
    (1d20+5)[25]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

There is no reply to either of the questions, and it's hard to tell without looking outside the extent of the damage or what, indeed is terrorizing the once peaceful village of Honeyset.

Until.

The rafters of the Tavern begin to buckle, plaster, and wooden splinters rain down upon yourselves and the other patrons, screams cry out as the roof of the Tavern is peeled back by a enormous Black hand which cleaves through the building's second floor as if it were wet paper. Rain begins to fill the tavern snuffing out all the candles and the fireplace, turning the broken plaster into white gloops which pool around the table legs. The only light now comes from two floating pale blue orbs high in the sky, giving dull lumination to the ruined tavern, the Bard who once sang so beautifully now screams for his life as eight foot tall shadowy figures enter the tavern, their feet drum hard against the wooden floor, and in a swift movement, they swing great swords at the cowering humans around you, their screams silenced by the "SLRRRTCH" of their decapitation. Almost deafened by the surrounding combat, you barely hear the barmaid cry out, "To the back room! Quickly!" Looking around you can just make out the distinct shape of an open door against the rear wall, the Barmaid, nowhere to be seen.
    Last edited by SgtParish; 2013-05-23 at 12:58 PM.
    ~T

18. - Top - End - #18

Default Re: [Council of the Colossus] [IC]

Vallery had expected much after that strangers statement, thematically the creature would do something to prove him dead wrong. She had given that thing a warning, few would even do that after entering the inn like that.

But as the rafters are suddenly pulled apart all she could do was to stare in horror. She had been prepared to dashingly pull her rapier, perhaps make a few funny comments as she fought the creature, but now she could only helplessly look as the peasants were cut down.

If Vallery ever had been faithful to a god, she had been using it's name right now. Feeling her more primal instincts taking over, what would have been a graceful attack turns into a "tactical retreat", she needed to get out of here. Now. She couldn't fight a eight-feet tall monster. Or what those other creatures even were.

She knew it was impossible to flee through the front door, so her only hope would be a back door that she prayed the creatures hadn't blocked yet. As she hears the bar maids voice she realizes she isn't the only one with this idea. It was probably going to be a hell fighting to get out first.

Running in the same direction she attempts to reach out to said bar maid telepathically. There is a backdoor right? People are going to claw each others throat out to escape.

19. - Top - End - #19

Terrick yelps "Time to go!" He scoops up a small form leaving little in the room for argument this time and makes a run for the door. As he begins to run, his right hand flashes a quick set of symbols and the two orbs begin an intercept course with the large figures.
    Last edited by Sherishade; 2013-05-23 at 10:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

On a certain level he knew this was going to happen. The other levels were chastising him for not buying more knives. "Ughhhh great. Well it was worth a shot."

Not particularly in the mood for an up front confrontation at the moment, he quickly turns around and starts following the woman who had issued the challenge to the creature. "So how's that threat working for you now?", his voice almost disturbingly calm despite the chaos surrounding him. Being composed in tense situations was a fairly simple tool of the trade for his choice of career where a single outburst or uncalled for expression could have disastrous consequences.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"Less talking, more running!" Karion shouted, scanning the area for the nearest window. Trying to get out the back door would be suicide with all the hysterics going on, so a window would be a much safer escape.

22. - Top - End - #22

Airmer Sunshadow - [Wizard & Rogue Inn]

Airmer stands firmly in defiance as the alehouse's roof is ripped off by an enormous black hand. He remains stationary as rain starts to fall around him and titanic shadow creatures burst into the ruined tavern. Drawing his longsword he prepares to repel the invaders, until they begin cutting down bar patrons with inhuman ferocity.

Unnerved by how powerful these foes were, the eladrin vanishes from sight just as a great sword comes crashing down where he had been seconds ago. He reappears in the backroom that the barmaid had urged everyone to retreat into.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

The backroom door is slammed shut as the last remaining peasents, the Barmaid, and yourselves hide from the Monstrous creatures, the barmaid places a wooden plank across the doorframe, in an attempt to buy more time, she does a quick head count, herself, two local farmboys, and four travellers.

The room is cluttered with Barrels of ale, and dry foods like cheese and vegetables, in the corner a wooden trapdoor. A stunned silence, as everyone exchanges distorted looks, a combination of fear and confusion. Then one of the Farm lads speaks up, "Weren't there another traveller with you? That Demon Girl?" Another exchange of looks.

The glass shatters as Karion dives through the East side Window, narrowly missing the blade of the creatures, and ending up behind the Tavern. Assessing the situation, you try to understand exactly what is happening, it appears as though the whole village has been descended upon by these things, which without warning started eviscerating innocent peasants in the streets.

Crraash!

The enormous creature that stands at least 60 feet high has turned it's attention away from the Tavern and has broken a huge hole in the side of the Village Temple. A few peasant militia put up a last stand, shooting longbows at the advancing creatures, managing to fell one, their victory is short lived as the giant black fist crushes them into the ground.

Hearing the Crash the barmaid leans closer to the door, pressing her ear up to the wooden panels. "I can hear them moving" She whispers, as the thudding of the creatures slow footstep grow louder, "Outside, is an access hatch to the wine cellar, which leads into a tunnel that runs under the Tavern and into the Temple's crypt, I reckon we'd be safest there." One of the peasants pipes up, "What about that hatch in the corner? Where does that lead?""Leads to the same place, but it rusted shut when the Tavern flooded couple of years ago" The footsteps grow louder still. "Although..." The barmaid added, "If someone got into the cellar, they probably could force the hatch open, which means only one of us wou-" Her sentence is cut short by the Sword that has just ran her through. Slrrrtch! Her bright blue eyes water, as her mouth opens and closes still trying to form words, and a little blood begins to trickle out the corner of her mouth and down her pale face, a tear drops, splashing on the cold stone floor. The sword withdraws, and her dying body crumples into a heap, complete silence, 'cept that of the whimpering boys.
    ~T

24. - Top - End - #24

Shut up and keep moving! Vallery screams back telepathically to the changeling in a shrill voice.
    By the time the barmaid have blocked the door, she's holding the hilt of the rapier in a firm grip, glancing at the others caught inside the room.
    She sure hoped they could fight better than the farmboys or she might not make it out of this alive.

She is about to suggest that they all should go out (one person probably wouldn't stand a chance against those creature) when the barmaid is suddenly run through. "Gods damn it." She pulls out the rapier, seeing no other choice than to fight now. With the right tactic they could probably make it to the cellar... unless someone was strong enough to force open a rusted shut hatch. But she doubted that.

25. - Top - End - #25

Huddling in a corner of the room Terrick was feeling trapped like a rat. He could no longer feel the existance of his orbs from earlier, so you brought one into being.

Spoiler
    Show
    Terrick scanned the room looking for anything of use, or another way out besides the rusted hatch.

(1d20+5)[8]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"Damn... I've never seen anything so large," Karion spoke aloud to himself, "Those militia are only going to get themselves killed..."

Scanning the area, Karion mentally shuffled through all his options. There were people still trapped inside the inn, no doubt, but the people trying to fight off the giants... Could he really leave them to die?

"Damnit!" the Tiefling cursed the heavens for making him choose, I'm sorry Merra, I can't save everyone."

Having decided what to do, Karion searched the outside of the Tavern for a way back in. He needed to get back to those people inside and help them escape before the giants returned.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Ow, hey no need to shriek. Worst case scenario we all die, don't need to panic. Well Ok, I suppose we could be strangled to death by our own intestines or something but that seems pretty unlikely." Continuing his disturbing level of composure given the situation he began whistling while following the woman into the backroom.

The barmaid's death was a little surprising, but not as jarring to the man as it was to others, though he did silently step away from the doors, windows, and walls just in case. He contemplated offering to use acid to try to open the door, but he did not feel like explaining why he was carrying a vial of acid on him, not to mention other items. And something gave him the distinct feeling that this idea wouldn't pan out well either.

Not wanting to make any other noise he thinks at the woman who screamed at him mentally previously. "Hey noisy girl, it'd probably be a good idea to not make any more noise than necessary so I'm gonna need you to play interpreter for me here. Well assuming this thing works both ways. If not, continue to keep standing there silently hating me. And if possible try to make this a verbatim message. This is directed at the ones wallowing and making that whimpering sound. Ahem...why did I do that if I'm just thinking? Well whatever. Here's the deal crybabies, shut up and stop drawing attention here. You're scared, I almost sorta get that. Willing to bet almost everyone here is. But your crying is making noise. And noise draws attention. If you make too much sound, then others are going to come and more of you are going to die. Now, I'm not going to guarantee anyone's survival. There's probably at least a sixty percent chance that more of you are gonna end up giving the floor a nice new red finish. But if you keep on making that sound there's a one hundred percent chance of that happening because either one of those things is going to hear your and start killing, or I'm gonna strangle you to make sure you don't make any other noise and put others in danger. Actually, you might not want to make this a word for word message. Might make them even more whiny. Feel free to paraphrase it."
    Last edited by tsumechk; 2013-05-26 at 05:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

It didn't take Karion long to find what he was looking for. Large wooden doors led into the cellar and, once inside, the Tiefling's nose was tickled by the sweet smell of wine. He almost considered hiding down here until the giants left, but a voice in his head - one that sounded strangely like Merra - chided him for such thoughts and reminded him of people needing to be saved.

Sighing to himself, Karion looked for a door leading to the floor above. Once he found it he began working it open, shouting to anyone in the room above, "Jus' hold on tight now, y'hear? I'll get ye out in a jiffy!"

29. - Top - End - #29

Vallery kneels down and closes the barmaids open eyes before quickly retreating away from the door. "They already know we're here you imbecile." She hisses at Aer. The fact that this poor woman had just been stabbed were proof enough in her opinion. "And you're just wasting more of our time by talking. Let's focus on getting the hell away from here before we'll end up as this poor girl." She gestures at the barmaid.

This comes just in time for her to hear Karion shouting. "Splendid timing." Vallery moves towards the hatch, with some luck they could be out of here before those things broke through the door.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-05-29 at 03:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

By the state of the Wine Cellar, it looks like there had been some serious water damage, not only was the floor a mass of muddy puddles and broken brickwork, the dim light combined with the maze like stacks of ancient mead, made traversing the Cellar rather difficult, yet through some rotten wooden panels in the ceiling it's easy to make out the figures from the Tavern earlier, there seems to be a rather old and rusty lock that holds the trap door shut that leads one room into the other however. Searching around, a four foot iron railing leaning against the wall seems suitable enough as a tool for leverage, and with the right application of strength the rotten wood is parted just enough to squeeze through.

Up in the back room, the cracking of wood and splashing from underneath seems to be attracting the attention of whatever is on the other side of the door, for a time there is silence then what sounds like a hundreds of pieces of silverware clattering onto the floor, followed by sinister thumping. The two peasant farmers hurry through the hatch first, splashing as they land on the water logged cellar floor, a dark passageway leads downward at the far end of the wall, blocked by a heavy oak door, which seems misshapen and poorly fit to cover the entrance of the tunnel.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm back, but V. Tired, expect posting to be delayed while I sleep
    Last edited by SgtParish; 2013-05-31 at 06:13 PM.
    ~T