New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Sending out Calidar's kickstarter rewards

The fulfillment process has started. Click here for details and updates.
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

2. - Top - End - #32

Default Calidar Sales Kickoff

Calidar Sales Kickoff

Many among you who have missed Calidar's original Kickstarter event, along with backers who picked an entry-level tier, have been asking: "when and where will I be able to get all that good stuff?"

Fret not! This day is fast coming.

I placed the answer to your question in a separate page to be easier to locate later on. Sorry for the redirect. Click here for the right location, or at the top of the blog page on the tab labeled:

Where Can I get Calidar?
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

3. - Top - End - #33

Default Calidar, moving forward

Greetings all,

I'm currently working on the next book for Calidar. It focuses on the Gods of the Great Caldera. A number of blog articles present an overview of Calidar's limbo and a summary of the gods. There's enough free material there to keep you reading for some time. I'm looking for feedback from the gaming community before I roll up all this material and finalize it in the book. We can discuss this here. The two key articles to get you started are:

Death and the Netherworld
    Gods of the Great Caldera Pt. 1

To start the year on a good note, the price structure for the book's various formats (PDF, soft cover, hard cover book, and poster map) have been lowered, some substantially. Take advantage of this before it changes. Click here to find Calidar.

Another piece of very good news is Calidar's Number One rating on EnWorld for the past several weeks, ahead of the mighty D&D rulebooks.

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

Bruce
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

4. - Top - End - #34

Default CC1 "Beyond the Skies"

If you haven't seen this yet, I recently posted an article on the next book in the Calidar series. It unveils a lot of about the contents and the goal of this new title. CC1 "Beyond the Skies" is Calidar's "Deities & Demigods," describing the gods of the Great Caldera, their temples, sects, knightly orders, and politics among the mortal and not so mortal. There will be a kickstarter during the first half of this year, essentially to finance the acquisition of cover art and internal illustrations. The books will also be packed with color floor plans. Feel free to comment here. Though much of this has already been written, I'm always open to suggestions or comments. Cheers!
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

5. - Top - End - #35

Exclamation New web site for Calidar

Greetings all,

Just dropping by to let you know that the World of Calidar is about to launch its new web site. More details right here in this fun video. Hope you have a great weekend.

http://www.strangerskies.com/calidar...ies-launch.mp4
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

6. - Top - End - #36

Default Calidar gets its own web site

As promised, Calidar is launching its web site, complete with blog and public forum. Please visit us at www.StrangerSkies.com!

Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

7. - Top - End - #37

Default 2015-2016 Updates & Good News

It's been a while since I last posted here. This looks like a good opportunity to go over all that's happened since then.

CC1 "Beyond the Skies:" It is my present project. I just finished the writing part and am working on the upcoming Kickstarter event. This book is, as you might guess, the second release for my campaign world, Calidar. It details 89 gods spread out among eight pantheons (one elven, one dwarven, one fellfolk, one gnomish, one half-elven, and four human) plus one monotheistic cult. A good deal of the book focuses on outer planes, servants of the gods, divine alliances, secret societies, powers granted to the faithful based on their levels of piety, histories of the cults and therefore of their people, as well as shamans of the Dread Lands, and mechanics on how to handle the Great Caldera's "haunted" wilderness. All told, the book should exceed 250 pages, small type (akin to the presentation style of GAZ3 "Principalities of Glantri" for those of you familiar with this old series of D&D accessories.)

The Kickstarter Event: Funding is needed essentially for the cover art, internal illustrations, and final editing. It is currently projected for December 2015, ending early in January 2016. The book's final release date should be in the summer of 2016, depending on the availability of the artists I'd like to see involved in this project. This Kickstarter is crucial, since it will determine how much internal art will illustrate the various gods. Diagrams, temple floor plans, geographical maps, and godly symbols have already been secured. If you aren't familiar with Calidar, the original Kickstarter took place in 2014 -- click here for that page.

New Website: Calidar Publishing now owns its own website, which gives an overview of Calidar, the game world, the product, and the first book. It includes my blog, a webstore, and an official forum which turned out to be pretty snazzy! Give us a visit and tell us what you think. You can still get your copy of CAL1 "In Stranger Skies," the first book in the series via DTRPG.

Events: I will attend Lake Geneva's Gary Con in March of 2016, as well as North Texas RPG Con in June 2016. I'm looking forward to meeting D&D Mystara and Calidar fans.
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

8. - Top - End - #38

Default Happy Halloween!

Last edited by Bruce Heard; 2015-10-31 at 07:36 AM.
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

9. - Top - End - #39

Default Calidar "Beyond the Skies" Kickstarter Preview Page

Greetings all!

I'm very excited to be able to share with you the link to Beyond the Skies' preview page. This presentation is very close to its final version, which should go live during the first week of December 2015.

This page says a lot about the new book in the Calidar series as well as the people behind it. As this still is work in progress to some degree, the link is made public mainly for the opportunity to return feedback about its contents. Have a look at the project's general description, pledge levels, add-ons, and stretch goals. Tell us what you think. You can do so here, or directly via the preview page (use the feedback box near the top of the kickstarter page).

This kickstarter makes it possible for new backers to acquire the original book at a discounted price, and other titles strictly restricted to kickstarter supporters. As always, the success of any crowd funding depends directly upon its backers. So please, do share this post as much as possible with friends you know may be interested in Calidar.

Thank you so much for making this book a reality!

Click here for the preview page
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

10. - Top - End - #40

Question Skyships anyone? Mystara, Spelljammer, Calidar... The sky's the limit (or not)

Ever wanted to have your campaign game's skyship drafted neatly but never had the time or the tools to do so yourself? If yes, this is may be for you! Ideal for Mystara, Spelljammer, and of course, Calidar. Click here for details...

Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

11. - Top - End - #41

Default Re: Voyage of the Princess Ark 2

Black Friday & Cyber Monday.

Missed the previous Kickstarter but still want to test the waters (or the skies)? Here's your opportunity just in time before Christmas! Good until Nov 30th.

Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

12. - Top - End - #42

Default "Beyond the Skies" is open for business!

I have the pleasure of announcing that the kickstarter page for Calidar's CC1 "Beyond the Skies" HAS GONE LIVE! We're open for business. Thanks for your patience and your support.

The link is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...yond-the-skies

If you're new with Calidar, now's the time to look for yourself and get started at the best possible value.
    Last edited by Bruce Heard; 2015-12-01 at 12:44 PM.
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

13. - Top - End - #43

Default What's under the hood?

In case you wondered, this book does offer *quite a lot of game mechanics* -- what some of you refer as crunch. A massive chapter details *a myriad powers* granted to mortal followers based on their not only on their cult but also their piety, from the casual follower to the firebrand zealot or dedicated priest of the cults. Additional powers can be granted over time based on behavior, along with short term *Divine Favors* for those who distinguish themselves. On the other hand, *Divine Wounds* await those who chose their paths most unwisely. Aside from stories and the description of gods, a host of denizens are also described which are likely to interact with your favorite party of adventurers, from a panoply of *hallowed servants* of the gods to the worst of *demon princes.* More mechanics describe Calidar's *Dread Lands,* the harvesting of seitha, and a system to run the *spirit lords* defending the world's massive wilderness from intruders. Of course, secret societies and a collection of *floor plans* for their lairs also offer as *many opportunities for adventuring* and tangling with the hidden affairs of the gods.

Posted exclusively on EnWorld's front page is a story that gives a good indication of this project's nature. Right here!
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog