New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: In the Woods, in the Woods [IC]

Tettik sighs to himself. He is almost out of explosives, which is always sad. Then he perks up. But soon his regents would be ready to make more!

"I think killing the side of bacon would be far more conducive to our overall survival. Because then we could eat it and the family could eat it and who knows how long until we run across food that will just walk right up to us on a silver platter."

"I'm almost completely out of alchemically thingies, by the way so we should wrap this fight up soon." I should probably learn weapon finesse, or just start throwing rocks, maybe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Throwing another bomb. Same drill as always. Only two left, after this, but that shouldn't be a huge problem.
    Attack: (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[8]
    Reflex 15 splash damage 6 excluding rock man and Dylan.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Laucian didn't think he could be anymore surprised or annoyed by Dylan... He was wrong. With explosives being thrown and Dylan trying to feed the boar, Laucian decides that he'll hang back with his bow. He drops the rapier, letting it hang from the weapon cord, and draws his bow. After knocking an arrow, Laucian lets fly an arrow.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[20]
    (1d8)[3]

Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

None

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Felicia decided to bail out of this situation. Being cornered is never good, and these guys are either being too trusting or too aggressive against the boar. She decided to squeeze past the boar, towards the outside, towards freedom.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Squeezing past the boar:
    Tumble (Acrobatics): (1d20+4)[20]
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

4. - Top - End - #184

The roars of the pig and the explosions of Tettik's bomb echo around the caving, mixing with magic incantations and cries of "Feed the piggeeeeeeeeee!". Laucian's arrow fires straight and lodges into the boar's tall hunched back, while Tettik's bomb explodes too soon but still rains blistering fire onto the boar's skin. Unseen to everyone, Felicia manages to slip in a tiny gap between the cave wall and the furious boar, making good her escape. Kalaryn and her elemental continue to hammer at the boar, and the elemental's fists leave deep bruises, while the boar strikes furiously back at the elemental with it's tusks. Dylan, poor Dylan, is still trying to feed the pig, which appears not to have noticed.

Spoiler
    Show

The boar attacks Kalaryn's elemental:
    (1d20+8)[14]
    (2d6+9)[17]

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Felicia was all for ditching these guys, when her conscience kicked in. These people were nice, shared a campfire She sighed and figured she might as well help.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A couple of movements away, then starting to cast Summon Monster I

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

The Elemental ignored Dylan's assault; For now. It would likely turn to her once the greater 'threat' had fallen. Meanwhile, its master continued to plead for sanity.

"A few morsels aren't going to placate so large a creature! Were we to 'bribe' all the beasts we come across, our food reserves would soon be gone!"

Spoiler
    Show
    'Acid Splash' (ranged touch): (1d20-2)[0]; Crit confirm: (1d20-2)[3]; Damage: (1d3)[1].
    Slam: (1d20+6)[17]; Crit confirm: (1d20+6)[7]; Damage: (1d6+7)[8]

7. - Top - End - #187

GnomePirate

"Plus that thing is made out of food, why feed food to food, it makes no sense!"

He throws a bomb, in a completely unexpected turn of events.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's maybe roll both good damage and good attack for once.
    Attack: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[15] Splash 6 Reflex save 15 for half

Yes! Good roll. I also exclude Felicia, if she's within the splash of the bomb. though since I'm throwing it up front she probably isn't.
    Last edited by AaronGrimstone; 2013-07-31 at 11:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show

Perception check to connect the dots that are going on around me and no keep trying to aid this otherwise blatant antagonist

(d20+8)[17]

I take a five-foot-step back from the boar and drop the food, then flick my on-hand, springing forward a tiny pistol into my palm.

I'm sorry, piggy!

I try to aim for the eyes, or at least the head, and close my eyes. I hope I don't get in trouble for firing it indoors like last time...

Spoiler
    Show

Due to the way this forum occasionally poops itself, and that my acting relied solely on the other roll, my attack and damage are on the OOC for this attack.
    Last edited by Lerriano; 2013-07-31 at 06:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Laucian draws and nicks another arrow, letting fly.

Attack: (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage: (1d8)[5]

Show

None

10. - Top - End - #190

Xian's arrow zips forwards and strikes solidly, burying itself in the boar's brow just above it's eye. The beast grunts and snorts but shows no sign of slowing down... until Tettik's bomb arcs through the air, coming to land just between Dylan's feet. It bounces under her and rolls a little way up the cave floor, and just begins to roll back down before the fuse runs down completely, and a colossal explosion booms out. Fire engulfs the boar and shrapnel fires up into it's underbelly. The smell of crackling meat fills the air of the cave, mixed with smoke and gunpowder. With a surprisingly soft flumping sound, the boar collapses onto the floor, it's eyes closed. It does not get up.

Spoiler
    Show

Felicia, Kalaryn and Dylan's actions are all saved- spells not lost, ammo not expended, etc, since it died during Tettik's turn. Well done folks, let me go and tot up some XP!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Laucian immediately pulls his knife out and begins carving slabs of meat off the giant boar. Starting with the areas that will stay unspoiled the least length of time, which he hands to whoever is close to him, Someone get these on the fire, I'm sure people are hungry. Laucian will then concentrate on carving out slabs of meat that will stay unspoiled the greatest length of time, and finding the necessary herbs/salts to keep them unspoiled.

Spoiler
    Show

Survival: (1d20+11)[16]
    Knowledge Nature: (1d20+11)[18]

Show

None

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalaryn dismissed the Elemental before it got a chance to pummel Dylan. As it disappeared, she gave silent thanks for its aid in the battle. Then she turned her attention to those allies who were still present on this plane of existence.

"Well done, everyone. Considering that we've never fought together before, I think that battle went quite well. Laucian, Tettik: Thank you for your support. Dylan: Please take more care in future. Felicia: ...Felicia?"

Kalaryn scanned the chamber with growing concern. Where was Felicia? Had she perhaps fled while everyone was distracted? If the Kitsune didn't appear quickly, Kalaryn would dart out of the cave in search of her.

"Felicia? Are you there? It's safe to come out now!"

13. - Top - End - #193

GnomePirate

Tettik lets out a whoop when the boar finally falls and immediately rushes over to clean the boar. He ends up following Laucian's lead in cleaning and preparing the meat. He does add some expertise, along the lines of "Don't use that part, on account of the glass imbeded in the meat. Glass is not a good spice, I can tell you for a fact." And "I think that part was tenderized nicely by that stone man thing."

He also fingers the last of his vials of bombs. "I hope nothign else comes, because I'm pretty much out of toys."

Spoiler
    Show
    Tettik will Aid Laucian with both survival and nature checks to clean and preserve the boar.
    Survival (1d20+5)[23]
    Knowledge: Nature (1d20+10)[12]

He personally hands Dylan a nicely cooked slab of boar with the words. "See this tastes super delicious! It goes great with sandwiches and mustard, and is far better as food than as a pet!"

Tettik, though he likes Felicia and would worry about her does not have the presence of mind to notice she is apparently missing.
    Last edited by AaronGrimstone; 2013-08-02 at 09:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Felicia reenters the cave, trying to look as nonchalant as a she could. She didn't feel really bad about trying to ditch, just maybe a little guilty, but she figured with this minor victory the group was safe enough to travel with and she didn't want to seen as a liability. So she choose to explain her actions in a different light. "I was taking the tactical route... to flank and attack from behind."

OOC: For everyone who wants to roll a sense motive:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check: (1d20+5)[21]
    If you make it, you will know that Felicia clearly didn't sneak out for the tactical advantage.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2013-08-03 at 04:28 AM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGirl

I was a little sad to see the piggy get exploded.

But on the other hand, the meat Tettik just gave me is pretty tasty!

This is really good! We should kill everything we come across to see what it tastes like!

My eyes linger just a little too long on the family in the back of the cave...

Then I snap back to what's going on. I take out my knife and nab a tusk.

I can always use this bit later if I need to!

I stick it in a pocket of my coat and get my haversack from the back of the cave where I was sleeping.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalaryn accepted Felicia's story without doubt or mistrust. She just showed honest relief that the Kitsune was safe.

"Ah, I see. You did well to slip past the Boar so stealthily. It's comforting to know that we have so many capable fighters travelling with us. At first, I assumed that the civilians would only have me to protect them. Your assistance is appreciated, Felicia."

She then departed to check on the family.

17. - Top - End - #197

GnomePirate

Tettik gives some of the meat to whoever is hungry, including the family in the back. When he sees Felicia come back all nonchalant he ruins the image by filling her hands with boar.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Laucian mostly ignores the conversations as he works on carving the meat off the boars bones. When he's finally done he sits down to eat some himself. After we are done eating we should depart from this cave. The question is in which direction. I am of the mind to try and find surviving nobility or military commanders and see what their plans are.

Show

None

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

By this point, Kalaryn had finished visiting the family. She sat down near Laucian, took a handkerchief out of her dress pocket, and used it to pick up a piece of cooked meat.

"Agreed. Due to the haste of my departure, I was unable to arrange for a Sending. Of course, it's possible that someone will contact me anyway. But I suspect that there are more pressing concerns than a single missing noble."

She then began to eat the hunk of flesh in an absurdly polite manner. Her gentle nibbling was completely at odds with the meal's grizzly nature.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-08-04 at 07:11 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGirl

I plonk down next to Kalaryn and stare at her. The gentle nibbling has caught my eye.

What sort of lady are you?

I chew noisily on the piggy.

I was a barmaid, but now I'm an adventurer! On an adventure and everything! What's it like being noble? Do you have servants and soldiers and a big house? Ooh! Do you have a sky whale?

I make a broad approximation of the sound of a sky whale. Eyes wide with awed respect at the prospect that Kalaryn might own a sky whale, I smile broadly and chew.

21. - Top - End - #201

GnomePirate

Tettik eats like a mouse, furtively, quickly, and by filling his cheeks to near bursting. As he does so he spreads out his alchemical supplies and propping his formula book. Then he begins to mix his various concoctions.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm preparing my maximum bomb vials back to seven.
    As for my infusions I mix one Ant Haul right away. I also prepare a use of Shield, and one of True Strike. I leave my last infusion blank for now.

As he works he replies to Laucian. "I want to head deeper into the woods because that's probably where the plants our I'm looking for, but I'll have plenty of time to do that and its possible the ingredients I need are somewhere else, I guess. So I'll go along with whatever everyone else wants."

22. - Top - End - #202

As everyone is tucking into their fresh, free-range and organic breakfast, the sun climbs steadily outside. Outside the cave mouth, the forest is brightening up. The scene is cut across however, by a dark silhouette appearing at the mouth of the cave, alerting those facing towards it. The figure holds a bow, and is pointing a drawn arrow into the cave. With the bright forest behind it, it is difficult to make out quite who or what it is, but one thing is very clear: it's loaded bow is aimed at Tettik. The figure waits calmly until it is noticed, all the while not letting it's bow waver from it's target. When it has the attention of enough people, it speaks, slowly, and authoritatively, in Common.

"No weapons. Put them down, or I will shoot. Now if you want to live, answer me this:

Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are.

He speaks the line, and waits for an answer. All the while, the bow is pointed towards Tettik.

23. - Top - End - #203

GnomePirate

Tettik is worried. There is a bow being pointed at him, and he hasn't even finished his alchemy yet! He stares at the bow for a moment then says the first thing that pops into his head.

"Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky?"

Literally no other reply pops into his head.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lerriano View Post
    I was a barmaid, but now I'm an adventurer! On an adventure and everything! What's it like being noble? Do you have servants and soldiers and a big house? Ooh! Do you have a sky whale?

I make a broad approximation of the sound of a sky whale. Eyes wide with awed respect at the prospect that Kalaryn might own a sky whale, I smile broadly and chew.
    "What's it like? Well, I suppose we do live quite comfortably. As you say, we have servants [I hope Eri's okay], soldiers and mansions. But we also bear the burden of-"

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyBoi View Post
    "No weapons. Put them down, or I will shoot. Now if you want to live, answer me this:

Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are.
    Kalaryn was unfortunately interrupted before she could talk about the downsides of being a noble; Thus leaving Dylan with only the 'we're filthy rich' part of the speech. She addressed the newcomer calmly.

"Sir, it should be obvious that we are not denizens of this forest. Why are you pointing a weapon at one of our number?"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-08-05 at 01:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGirl

Servants and soldiers and mansions?! Wow!

I go back to my food, pleasantly oblivious to this new intrusion. Even after I notice I shrug and go back to my food.

I whisper to Kalaryn
    Twinkle twinkle little star, if you fight then you'll be barred! That's what the rules were at my foster parents' tavern!

Then back on to the delicious pork.
    Last edited by Lerriano; 2013-08-05 at 03:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

"He is a Tettik." Felicia proclaims. "Not a Tekkit, not a Tettek... And not a ratman!" She wasn't sure why she was saying it, but she wanted to say anything to cause a distraction. Something that this opponent must think about, something confusing. And when he is pondering, Felicia will strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Felicia readies an action to use her Tanglevine to steal the crossbow
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2013-08-08 at 08:56 AM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

27. - Top - End - #207

The shadowy figure squints and examines Tettik closely. Apparently the answer satisfied him, and he lowers his bow.

"That'll do, I suppose. I'm sorry my friends, but given recent events we've had to take extra precautions. There's more than just boars n beastmen in the forest. He steps forwards into the cave, and extends a hand to shake Tettik's. Once inside the cave, with the sunlight behind no longer obscuring your view, you can finally make out some details about him. He is an elf, smaller and stockier than average, with his brown hair cut short. He wears a brown leather jerkin, striped with random patches of green and grey. A small insignia is pinned to his chest.

"I am Yarrenin, a rider of High Spire's Wide Patrols. Me and my squads are scouring the area for refugees like yourself. Though it's good to see some can handle themselves, at least a bit. We're gathering survivors at a camp nearby. My duty is to lead you there as fast as possible. Are there any more of your company nearby?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Can everyone make a perception check please.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that the newcomer was no longer pointing a weapon at Tettik, Kalaryn rose to greet him. Her relief at the promise of reinforcements outweighed any caution she might otherwise have felt.

"Greetings and welcome, rider. Your offer of assistance is most appreciated. If you'll allow us a few minutes to prepare, we'd be pleased to follow you to your camp."

Kalaryn took no offence to being labelled a 'refugee'. She didn't exactly look like a soldier at the moment. Hopefully she'd soon get a chance to change into more appropriate attire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+2)[17].
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-08-07 at 10:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209

GnomePirate

Tettik eagerly shakes the man's hand. "Hello, I'm Tettik, though not a per say the difference is neglible. This is Felicia the Quiet, Kalaryn the Summoner, Laucian the Stabber, and Dylan the Super Nice. " He smiles to himself at the title's he has given everyone. Though he was a little bit sad that he couldn't think of a title that fit Kalaryn's personally.

He smiles at the man, especially since he isn't being threatened by a bow anymore. Then he goes back to finishing his infusions. "I have to finish these, first."

Spoiler
    Show
    Tettik has so far missed that Kalaryn is a noble.
    Perception: (1d20+1)[2]

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Felicia only nods, focusing more on Tettik naming everyone again. "All these names are so confusing." Then she turns to eye the newcomer suspiciously, and also honor her new title as 'The Quiet'.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[12]

___

Old PF Initiative Build