New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Greetings from Erfworld

I'm interested in seeing that novel, too.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Me three! Come on Rob, if people can find my crappy first webcomic on keenspace, we gotta have access to your first works! Full disclosure! Full disclosure!
    Jamie Noguchi, artist and co-creator of Erfworld and evil monkey responsible for Angry Zen Master.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

No I won't post the original first draft because I hope to retell the story someday. When I have the time and freedom to pursue novel writing again, I want to salvage the core dramatic elements and some of the characters of that thing and put together something that a major science fiction publishing house might actually be interested in putting on shelves.

Five years ago I decided I had to make creative effort a big part of my life again. I thought about trying to break into novel writing, but I picked webcomics instead. I liked the frontier atmosphere, and the potential to reach a wide audience.

I'm convinced I made the right decision. But hopefully I'll live a long and productive life, and there will eventually be time to take up prose again. Just like in story comics vs gag-a-day comics, there are things you can do when writing a novel which can't be done in any other medium.

Besides, my college novel is science fiction. It wouldn't quite fit the site. But I might be convinced to finish my Fantasy novella, The Elysium Stone, in serial form. It was supposed to be doing that on my site, but I got hijacked by other projects.
    Rob Balder, Erfworld author/co-creator, and creator of PartiallyClips