New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCIII: Defeating kido with kindness!

<.<
    >.>

I have no idea what either of you are talking about.

Also, it's totally not 11 at night.

On a more serious note, while I've established Natsuki as being quite good at reiatsu sensing, I would assume a member of the S.S.I. would have a pretty darn good Gigai.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-06-12 at 08:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok. Gonna do a minor retcon that doesn't change anything that happened so far.

I am going to delete the part of one of my previous posts where Hideki goes looking for the recon leaders because quite honestly, at this rate The First Hollow King will be out and SS will be sitting on their collective asses about it all, discussing the first, maybe the second breach.

So I am going to have Hideki go looking for The Captain Commander, which makes sense since he also wants to move into Engineering.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Problem: Hideki would not know who is the Commander. Li just got nominated and has yet to announce it. Meanwhile, the previous Commander is outside Seireitei and god-knows-where.

So his only chance would be to crash into the Captain's meeting.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Problem: Hideki would not know who is the Commander. Li just got nominated and has yet to announce it. Meanwhile, the previous Commander is outside Seireitei and god-knows-where.

So his only chance would be to crash into the Captain's meeting.
    He is contacting her on the day after. More precisely, he is heading to the office of the captain commander not to the individual, presumably at a time when she is there.

Unless the captains have been stuck in the meeting for two days straight, that is.
    Last edited by Draken; 2013-06-12 at 08:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Why does it have to be day after? At this point, an excuse to move the meeting forward would be much more convenient to me, than having to play Li in two temporal locations at once.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

An excuse to move the meeting forwards would be more convenient for everyone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Ok. Gonna do a minor retcon that doesn't change anything that happened so far.

I am going to delete the part of one of my previous posts where Hideki goes looking for the recon leaders because quite honestly, at this rate The First Hollow King will be out and SS will be sitting on their collective asses about it all, discussing the first, maybe the second breach.

So I am going to have Hideki go looking for The Captain Commander, which makes sense since he also wants to move into Engineering.
    If you're concern is that SS isn't paying attention to your plot, then you're going to have to get in line. We are STILL in the Captain's Meeting, and we still have the new Divisions to form, discuss the official response to Jehoel's ultimatum, deal with Setsurou's long-overdue report, see if there's any other response to Sawada's sudden departure from the meeting and SS, probably deal with Sho since by the time we get that far she'll have gotten bored and murdered a dozen more people and broken out of whatever confines a few dozen more times, discuss the hollows which can apparently evade every sensor in Soul Society, probably something with the MW kids, whatever else is on the table that I haven't remembered, and THEN talk about the ancient alarm.

Believe me, I've been waiting for a while because I have something important planned for this in-game night. That's right, it's still the same DAY as the Captain's Meeting, Jehoel's Ultimatum, and Sawada's departure.

Viera Champion is still on deck apparently, though for what I can't tell anymore. I feel like Captain's Meetings would more efficient if they were conducted by Hell Butterfly.

Maybe you shouldn't be steamrolling through the various dungeons so quickly if you're worried about that.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-06-12 at 09:02 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

You know, considering the breaches happen on two consecutive days, one of which is the Captain's meeting, we COULD pull a timey-wimey and have Setsurou crash back into the breach. That might necessitate a little retconning though.

You okay with that, Draken?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

In the interest of moving EVERYTHING forward, can we just fast-forward through the rest of the Captain's Meeting and summarize ALL of the issues and various responses?

The Soul King is materializing in the sky saying "GET ON WITH IT."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I feel like Captain's Meetings would more efficient if they were conducted by Hell Butterfly.
    Not by butterfly. By Reiphone. Seriously, why does everyone keep forgetting those? Though rest assured, Li will give everyone a special butterfly too. Those, hehehe, radioactive butterflies were too awesome of an idea to ignore.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Why does it have to be day after? At this point, an excuse to move the meeting forward would be much more convenient to me, than having to play Li in two temporal locations at once.
    I only retconned Hideki looking for his officers the second time, need to be on the day after.

If you're concern is that SS isn't paying attention to your plot, then you're going to have to get in line. We are STILL in the Captain's Meeting, and we still have the new Divisions to form, discuss the official response to Jehoel's ultimatum, deal with Setsurou's long-overdue report, see if there's any other response to Sawada's sudden departure from the meeting and SS, probably deal with Sho since by the time we get that far she'll have gotten bored and murdered a dozen more people and broken out of whatever confines a few dozen more times, discuss the hollows which can apparently evade every sensor in Soul Society, probably something with the MW kids, whatever else is on the table that I haven't remembered, and THEN talk about the ancient alarm.

Believe me, I've been waiting for a while because I have something important planned for this in-game night. That's right, it's still the same DAY as the Captain's Meeting, Jehoel's Ultimatum, and Sawada's departure.

Viera Champion is still on deck apparently, though for what I can't tell anymore. I feel like Captain's Meetings would more efficient if they were conducted by Hell Butterfly.

Maybe you shouldn't be steamrolling through the various dungeons so quickly if you're worried about that.
    The problem is that these first three tombs are supposed to be quick and easy, it is more that I want Soul Society to be aware of it all. The next three places should be contested.

The problem is more that strawberryman and I are simply a too much more active than Viera and Kerfuffle. Which is causing timing issues.

Plus, SS kind of needs the CC's security rank to get the relevant info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    You know, considering the breaches happen on two consecutive days, one of which is the Captain's meeting, we COULD pull a timey-wimey and have Setsurou crash back into the breach. That might necessitate a little retconning though.

You okay with that, Draken?
    Like I said, these tombs are meant to be easy. Setsurou can get to the catacombs and find the results, but he won't arrive directly at the tomb, he will be at a senkaimon chamber that may or may not be infested with drones and larvae.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

I only retconned Hideki looking for his officers the second time, need to be on the day after.
    All right. I'll respond with Li soon enough.

Though you will not like it.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Do we ever, Frozen?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

All right. I'll respond with Li soon enough.

Though you will not like it.
    As long as you don't send me on a wild goose chase.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

The problem is that these first three tombs are supposed to be quick and easy, it is more that I want Soul Society to be aware of it all. The next three places should be contested.

The problem is more that strawberryman and I are simply a too much more active than Viera and Kerfuffle. Which is causing timing issues.

Plus, SS kind of needs the CC's security rank to get the relevant info.
    Pretty much this.

And honestly, I hate to be kind of harsh in return to the "wait in line", but other plots, including ones that are not in fact ours, are progressing. They will continue to be progressing. If you keep waiting on people who aren't posting, you are going to be in that captain's meeting forever. Let people catch up later instead of stopping at every point for potential answers or not answers, and pester them repeatedly with PMs while you forge ahead if it bothers you.

I don't mean to set a precedent for pressing every scene along if people don't post every day, but how long has the captain's meeting been going?
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2013-06-12 at 10:55 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

As long as you don't send me on a wild goose chase.

That will have to wait for my next post.

Also, lot of old characters have distressingly perfect memories. At least Li now has an excuse.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2013-06-12 at 10:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It's fair enough to say some of us shouldn't steamroll things.

But Draken's right, he, berry, I, and a few others are pretty active in general.

How many pages and/or days has it been since the Captain's Meeting has had anything happen?

I don't think it's unfair to ask that maybe the Meeting be summarized or sped along. I realize RL gets in the way of some people posting. But at some point, people who are posting more often and waiting on them need to decide to just move things the heck along. We're not asking folks to die off here, just to move the meeting forward.

EDIT: Also, what strawberryman said.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2013-06-12 at 10:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

BUREACRACY wants to fight!

BUREACRACY uses INSUFFERABLE DELAY!

It's super effective!

KIBA uses ATTEMPT TO MOVE THE MEETING ALONG!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

I'll have Setsurou closing in on the Captain's meeting by the end of today, then.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Is it okay with people, especially Dorizzit and horngeek, if I start posting for that scene we were talking about with a qualifer of "(That night..)"?

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Added Moto Yoshiro to my character post. He is just an NPC. So nobody should care.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    I am perfectly fine sharing either Vice-Captaincy or 3rd seat (but might as well go for the fancy title, right? )
    Well, I didn't want to rob you of the title.

Character looks interesting. Reading the walking stick thing gave me an idea though: If you made him blind, that would be a very interesting character trait. Think about it -- it wouldnt really inhibit his abilities due to his Fullbring, but also would add an interesting spice and roleplaying aspect to him.

Might be interesting to think about, at least.
    I thought about it but I felt that it was rather cliche and much to expected of a character with a walking stick. And very Toph like with the work around. Don't take that the wrong way though, I really appreciate the suggestion but to me, if you're going to make a character blind they should be blind. I've played several over the years with great results, I just don't think it'd add to him.

If we join the 9th and the 7th it could actually simplify the SSI/Engineering Corps split -- The SSI builds weapons and develop offensive Kidos. The 7th/9th builds defenses and develops protective Bakudos. Heck, it could be a competition -- who can develop better techniques that invalidates the other's techniques. That would add friendly competition in, as well as create a division with 5 characters instead of one with two and another with 3.
    That was also part of the idea. I don't see anyone actually having a problem with the idea to this point. Let's just do it.

*Snip*
    So...has The Pack ever failed?

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    So...has The Pack ever failed?
    Of course. They're still on the front lines and all, but they take those failures very seriously and very personally.

I'm not saying that the scenario in the backstory is impossible, but there would have been a significant effort to locate Kazuo and his squad. This may have been before Kiba was part of the Division however.

If you want to get really technical, "The Pack" has never failed, but only because "The Pack" is a recent invention by someone to define the Combat Division under Kiba's leadership and haven't yet been in a battle which they could fail.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. They could have left people behind. Hueco Mundo is a massive place and let's be honest...Recon Squads going out probably are going to be getting diminishing returns at an exponential rate as are trackers from The Combat Squad. So saying "Leaving a squad behind is almost unthinkable"...really shouldn't be. The Pack isn't perfect.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I really shouldn't post in the wee hours of the morning after waking up in the middle of the night ... but ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    A) Sho is supposed to be Captain level, not Aizen level. The disparity isn't supposed to be THAT big.
    I am beginning to see that in this game. My default difference between a captain and a 3rd seat is Shunsui Kyōraku and Tatsufusa Enjōji (who was supposedly undefeated prior to Chad, and we can assume not actually weak).
    The second look I think of when I think of a third seat is Gin's predecessor for the rank in the 5th division.
    I am taking it that we are not treating the disparity in the same way for this game.
    But hopefully you can understand my confusion given that those were the levels I was thinking on.

If your intent is to have her go out fighting, then that means she is going to lose.
    Actually my intent was as follows when I thought she wasn't working out.
    1. She begins to realise that her thought process might have been wrong.
    2. She decides that true power comes not from conflict but from within and the having the knowledge to use it.
    3. She decides that she is done with soul society and drops off the radar, having got what she really came for.
    4. Possibly to return later (after some serious growing up), possible not.

Fighting only seemed likely once people started to converge on her.

Frankly, I'd prefer she listen to reason, but I can't tell you how to write your character.
    We will see how it plays out .
    But as Li has had it with her if she stays it seems I am signing a death sentence for her - but that is more meta than I like to think.

B) You'd think the one freaking stealth kidou out there would be the exception to the "nondamaging powers work here" rule. I mean, it's a library. It contains information. If any of that information is vital, then that means they probably don't want someone sneaking in and taking said information out.
    True but think of the alternative, a Library where you are not supposed to be seen or heard. It would be a magical place.
    After all seeing people moving around can be distracting.
    It also allow sneaky researchers not to be seen researching so they can pretend that they don't have to.

Suggested solution: If Setsourou, Igarashi, and...shoot, there's someone walking with us (Sorry! Dont remember who! ) join the fight, thats the equivalent of at least two more vice captains joining the fight, one of which is adept in a combat style which would specifically not be impared by the library's wards. Would that be enough of a bang? We could probably grab Hei Chan as well if you wish.
    Well I amn't really looking for a bang, but at this point we will see how it plays out.
    Sho is also

1. Unarmed
    2. Still recovering from brain surgery
    3. Still recovering from wounds Karia inflicted on her.
    4. Low on Reiatsu due to using Kido to remedy the above maladies, NOT RESTING properly despite doctor's orders, and having used multiple other Kido

If Sho had Karia with her, I could agree she would likely win, because none of Sho's opponents have proper protective gear or knowledge of her abilities.
    Well she is intended to be versatile and capable of fighting without Karia, she also has the vigor of youth.

One of those extreme conditions is being poisoned, Sho's primary shtick from what I've seen.
    Than I really haven't be playing her right.

at which point Soul Society has already developed antibodies against Sho's two specific types of poison.
    Actually it hasn't though Lucita thinks it has, but if anyone had asked Ryuunosuke Peredur he would have been able to confirm via first hand experience that the damn thing changes, in a mocking manner.

But should have a post up shortly for in character, as they say ... on with the Sho.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is it okay with people, especially Dorizzit and horngeek, if I start posting for that scene we were talking about with a qualifer of "(That night..)"?
    I have no objections.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

@dancrilis, Li has been ready to kill Sho twice already. When I say Li is likely to sign her death warrant any moment now, I'm not kidding. Much depends on what you make her do.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@dancrilis, Li has been ready to kill Sho twice already. When I say Li is likely to sign her death warrant any moment now, I'm not kidding. Much depends on what you make her do.
    Didn't you see his IC post, FF? Sho's easily capable of slipping past 3-5 highly trained Shinigami, one of whom is going to end up in charge of the stealth-oriented Guerilla Squad in Combat Division.

That means she's home free, we'll never find her, and the Shinigami there are wasting their time.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Did I miss us splitting up into 2 groups?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Did I miss us splitting up into 2 groups?
    Splitting into 2 groups where?