New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Barren Wastelands Reboot (IC)

Look here you big dumb oaf-- But what if the one you interrogate just lies to you? That can't all come up with the same lies, so if their stories agree, then we can be more sure it's true. Or... is that just in the vids? She adds, tilting her head and placing one finger on her chin, as if deep in thought. I thought it was a good, idea, but I guess I wouldn't know anything. I just saw it in a vid once... so I donno.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rover tried looking outside through the blurry windows... Was there someone out there? He tapped his fingers rapidly against his thighs and shook back and forth slightly, almost as if he was head-banging. A quick thermo-scan revealed no one outside, but paranoia still remained within his system.

"Yeah, sure, I'll take something."

The young man put on a lined coat that was two sizes too big for him, a tiny smattering of blood just atop its collar.

-

Spoiler
    Show

Rover grabs one of the lined coats, takes nothing else.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

So... we might want to move to a less... public place, right? Uhhh Bic sounded unsure, and a little frazzled, but that was intentional. She didn't want to show that she was clever, as he dumb whore act is what got her what she wanted; what helped her manipulate people. So...

Bic frowned, and sat on a barstool, and crossed her legs, holding her chin in faux contemplation. Like, a house with a basement and chains, and stuff, you know? But nothing too disturbing. This whole thing was scary enough. And what do we want to know? Like, why they want to steal the diner? Or maybe who they are? Or uh... rubbing her temples she stopped. I'm illsuited for thing kinda thingy.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus is starting to get confused by the hot chick, she seems to be much more than a common prostitute. "I agree with you, staying here would be terrible for the restaurant reputation also. I know the right place to do this, it is an old abandoned store that has a basement for some reason that is completely empty right now, that is just a couple of minutes from here. Follow me!" Taurus gags all four of the gangers with some small rags and cover then with some dirty old towers. He then pick a bottle of soy-catchup and place on his pocket and then grabs the elf and the ork and start to carry then.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I hope with 9 of strength I can carry 2 of then.))
    Rolling my Local Area Knowledge to find a good abandoned spot to interrogate the ork.
    Roll: (7d6)[2][5][3][3][6][3][5](27) - 3 Hits I will presume that I did find something and also take the liberty to describe a bit the place.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-07-16 at 08:33 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    With your 9 str, you carry the two of them easily. You also find an abandoned place not too far from the restaurant. It looks...decrepit.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus guide Rover, Bic and Tych0 to the place where he think it would be a good place for some interrogation. He then leaves the elf upstair and go down stair with the ork. He trown the ork on a corner of the basement he uses the soy-ketchup on his cleaver, hands and on his appron. He then kick really hard on the ork's ribs and says "WAKE UP! MOTHER****ER! WE GOT TO TALK TO YOU!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidation roll: (6d6)[5][4][2][6][5][5](27) 4 hits - this is a roll without any kind of bonus from ketchup or the kick or by any other possible bonus
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-07-19 at 06:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Bic took a step back, and covered her mouth with her hands. This should be interesting. Esmeralda thought, Let's see how the brute deals with the savage. Pass or fail, I'll get something out of that elf upstairs later...

Despite her thoughts, Bic's facade was one of shock and fear.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

The ork, who was knocked out by damage, has now received MORE damage in the ribs. Still, he stirs a bit and groans. Perhaps he should be healed a bit before you employ too many...painful interrogation techniques.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Bic grabs some loose cloth out of hammer space and rushes over to the ork. Damn it you brute, you don't have to just kill them! You're supposed to ask them questions. He's the last shot we have now, you big dumb... err.. Bic winces at her own words, pretending to be suddenly afraid of the Troll. Um... look, just be more gentle or he's going to just die like the others. And... if you do start torturing this one, let me leave first... but make sure he doesn't.. um... bleed out. I can... try to heal them, but I can't stand the screams...

Spoiler
    Show
    Con for my lies, but I expect the difficulty isn't that hard for this, and I might get bonus circumstance dice. For now: (5d6)[2][6][5][2][2](17)

And healing check to stop the bleeding. I might also need circumstances for this one, but again, for now: (5d6)[2][5][5][6][6](24)

I will re roll if you say I need to, Frosty.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Your rolls for fine for now and the bleeding stops.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

The ork stirs some more and (barely) opens one eye. "Uhhhhg....head...ache..."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Good, he isn't dead. Now big guy, make him WISH he was dead without actually killing him this time. Bic says and walks away, back to her corner of the room, winking at the big scary troll with the "bloody" cleaver.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-07-21 at 01:32 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus gives a small thank you wink back to Bic and thinks "Those orks are so frail...I better control myself."

Taurus gives another kick on the ork ((non-damaging kick)) just to grab his attention. "HEY PRINCESS WAKE UP! WE NEED TO HAVE A LITTLE CHAT! And you better answer to me or I will kill you just like I've killed your ****head friends." Taurus sticks his fake bloodied cleaver in the floor close to the ork left foot "Don't make me want to use it..."

Taurus place himself close to the ork, but not close enough that he can smell him, approximately 10 feet. "So, who the HELL are are you guys?! And what do you want with Krill on the Grill?!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I use my last roll on intimidation? (4 hits) if no, here it go a new roll: (6d6)[1][4][1][3][6][4](19) - just 1 hit
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-07-21 at 08:13 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Taurus has more bonuses than the +2 for bring physically intimidating. You technically outnumber the target, especially if Rover and TYCH0 are around as well, so another +2. You're wielding an obvious weapon (the cleaver) for +2. And You have caused physical pain for another +2. Taurus has 6 MORE dice to roll right now. Go ahead and roll it and add the hits to the 1 you've got.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Hit + (6d6)[1][1][4][2][1][2](11) no hits....and a lot of 1...so just 1 hit total, that sucked
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-07-21 at 07:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling the ork's Willpower/Intimidate (7 dice)
    (7d6)[6][5][3][6][3][3][1](27) 3 successes, more than enough to resist.

The ork laughs painfully. "Hah, the ol' condiment on a cleaver trick. I've been on both sides of this situation and I know what you're doing. My pals are JUST fine, and if you're smart and do the right thing, you will be as well. Trust me, if my family has to come GET me, you'll be BEGGING for death by the time we're done with you."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-07-22 at 11:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

****. We should just ice this ****er, and try with the elf. Esmerelda thought, and frowned, thinking about how should could get this situation to end how she wanted it to without having to play any of her cards. She couldn't.

Is your gang used to having their squads taken down by random people eating in a dinner? If not, what're they gonna think if you don't come back? Maybe a rival gang? Probably not the chef and strangers who were eating there. And if that sort of thing usually happens to your gang, then you aren't really scary. Either way, we go back to the dinner and tell the goons who come looking for you that the Emerald Dogs were eating there and shot you guys up. But, guess what, clever boy, your pals are alright. We interrogated you first. But you know what that means? You're expendable to us. Your family isn't going to come looking for you here, they won't think a bunch of ****ing dinner-goers roughed you up, and executed you. You're entirely at our mercy. And I might just be a dumb broad, but even I have seen enough vids to know this is unusual.

Grabbing the arm of the troll, she tried to lead him over to the door. If he followed,

Spoiler
    Show
    Bic dropped her tough act immediately, and looked terrorfied. Whispering she asked Do you think he bought all that? I donno what I am talking about... Turning white, he handed him the gun she was holding. Maybe you should shoot him and we can use his dead body to scare the elf. I'm not going back in there right now. I'm going to stand just out of the room. I'm scared. She finished with a nervous quiver.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus look to Bic taking care of the situation and thinks "Where that came from? She is more than just a pretty body and face then..."

"She is right man, you are just the first of the list do you think that skinny elf and that two good-for-nothing humans can handle me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I will wait the answer in OCC to decide if I kill/torture the ork or the elf or something like that.))

Taurus whisper to Bic "I guess I'm rusty on that, maybe that is a good sign..." Taurus know she don't know him, but he is not the kind of guy (or troll) that is ashamed from the past "Do you want to take care of the elf? I can stay on the backup if anything goes wrong."
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-07-23 at 01:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmmph. THEY know the consequences of saying things they shouldn't say."

It appears this ork is quite disciplined. Hopefully his underlings are less tight-lipped. Remember, there is more way to skin a cat. Esmeralda remembers how much many of her male clients liked to brag about their accomplishments.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Yes please. Bic says and smiles, relieved. That orc scares me. But they tell you to act tough and mean if you get scared. Women of my profession should never look weak in the face of some kinds of danger... no matter how scared you get. But you're a nice guy, right? I feel like I can trust you. Don't let anyone come upstairs. If I need you, I'll drop something heavy on the floor. With a touch on the arm, she smiled again, and left.

Upstairs she ensures the elf was still tightly tied up, then checked his vitals.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume a first aid check? Well, all my medical related skills have 5 dice anyways, so: (5d6)[2][1][4][4][6](17) to check his health and determine if he needs any first aid, and that same roll to treat him, or if I need a second roll to treat him: (5d6)[5][6][1][1][5](18)
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-07-24 at 02:46 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

The elf took a less severe blow, and only needed minimal first aid, which Bic performs well enough. The elf can probably be revived a bucket of water.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bucket of water? Nope.

Bic, feeling confident that she can handle the situation with her enemy tied up, a gun laying within reach, and having noticed the elf's interest before, moves to abuse her advantages over the poor thug. Before bothering to wake her mark, she bars the door out so he couldn't just try to run. Having his hands tied, Bic assumed it would take quite a struggle for him to unbar the door, in which time she could easily get the gun and shoot him. The last thing to set up was where the elf was himself.

In a chair, 8 feet from the closest wall, 12 feet from the door downstairs, the elf
    sat as Bic made a final sweep of the room. The gun was laying just behind her, potentially out of sight, but she didn't care. He would pay attention to her anyways.

Leaning her elbows on his knees, she sat in front of him, slowly raised a hand to his face, then flicked his forehead as hard as she could, before retracting her arm to rest back on his knees. She smiled pleasantly as she purred Hello, cupcake.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not doing anything yet really, so no rolls, I'd figure.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus places a gag on the ork again, he had nothing usefull to say - at least for now. He then nod to Bic "I will be at the door, good luck!" Taurus places himself at the door and stay on guard.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rover watches silently and tries not to input as the men are interrogated.

Don't tell them you can look into minds, don't tell... Ugh... The young shaman still has a splitting headache.

He follows Taurus around, as if lost and confused. Eventually he sits down by Taurus, with his knees up and grabbing his head as they lay between his legs. He looks to be half-asleep, only occasionally stirring to wipe his nose with his shirt. This, from a recurring nosebleed the drain from his spells had cursed him with.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Bic is upstairs, alone with the elf for now. The rest of you are downstairs, with the gagged ork, waiting for Bic to either call for help or come down and report her findings.

The elf eventually stirred. "Mrrrph...what....what the?" He shakes her head, blinls a bit, and tries to move his arms only to discover that his wrists are tied behind the chair.

"Who're you?" he asks Bic. Since Bic wasn't int he main room during the fight, he hasn't seen her before.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Forgot me already? Bic pouted. I saw you looking when you first walked in. Before I saw the big ol' mean orc. Scrunching her face with displeasure, she said the last word with a hint of distaste. But he's gone now. He didn't want to talk, so now he's downstairs, and the others are dealing with him.

Bic shivered, and grabbed onto his leg for support, as she faked almost losing her balance, grabbing a little higher and tighter than she needed to. And now I'm guarding the softie they are gonna break later. She gigged a little to herself. Guarding. She repeated with another giggle.

I got bored of guarding a sleeping guy, so I tried to wake you up! The orc was pretty serious about not wanting to talk, so they'll probably be down there for a while, and I don't really want to sit alone in a room watching someone sleep. Although, watching you sleep wasn't that bad. You looked so peaceful. Which was also sorta boring. Most of the guys I work with are dangerous men. But you seem kinda dull. Have you ever even killed someone before?

Spoiler
    Show
    Let me know anytime you want me to roll something, and I'll do it the OOC thread!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh yeah...I got a glimpse of you on my way in I remember. Tch. What're doing with the crazy homeless mage and the troll? They don't seem like the kinda people someone like you would hang around."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Bic, keeping her elbows on his knees, crosses her arms and sighs. I don't know those guys, but things happened so fast, and the big ol' troll said to go with him, and I... um... well, I guess I just went. Wait? Mage? Who? I ran in the kitchen to hide from the orc, I didn't see any of the fighting.

With an exasperated sigh, Bic lays her head down on her crossed arms. It's been a weird day... I'm all confused. Why were you even with the scary looking orc? I was soooooo going to say hi to you until I noticed him. Yeck. Orc are too scary looking. But trolls are kinda scary too? You know? Like, cuz they are all bigger and stuff? Ya know? And ugly. Ick. Not like us. She turned her head back up to him and winked, sticking her tongue out.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

"The troll just randomly made you come along so you can guard us?" The elf said the word "guard" in such a way that you can practically hear the air quotes.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-07-29 at 11:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Bic stood up, and held her chin. W.. wuh... Huh. Let me think. Bic said tapping the side of her head. Yeah... I guess... because I kinda helped? He told me to turn out the lights, and I did, so that he could chop up the orc. So, maybe he just thought I wanted to help him. But I guess letting me guard you was just because anybody could guard a tied up elf.

Bic shrugged and smiled again. Oh well. She sat back down, about a foot away from him. So, yeah. I'm guarding you, and you can't escape now! She said coyly and giggled again.