New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Water, Earth, Fire, and Air [class]

Speaking of that 'mud'-based PrC...

Marsh Savant
    A peculiar breed of benders reside on the outskirts of the area known as Foggy Swamp. Blending both Earth and Water styles of bending, Marsh Savants are masters of defense.

Requirements:
    To become a Marsh Savant, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Skills: Concentration 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcana) 8 ranks
    Class abilities: Manipulate, Move a Rock
    Bending: Must know at least three forms comprised of Water and Earth disciplines.

Class skills: the following are the class skills of the Marsh Savant: Concentration, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Geography), Knowledge (Nature), Survival and Swim.
    Skill points per level: 2 + Intelligence modifier

Marsh Savant
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack[br]Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Mudbending, soften

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Mudblast

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Mud armour (DR 2/-)

4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Mud wall, lesser mud form

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Seperate

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Mud armour (DR 4/-)

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Lesser mud form

8th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Effortless mud armour

9th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Mud armour (DR 6/-)

10th|
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Swallowing earth, moderate mud form[/table]

Mudbending: A Marsh Savant's Earthbender, Waterbender and Marsh Savant levels stack in for the purposes of bending, as well as to determine the power of his Manipulate and Move a Rock abilities.
    Soften: A Marsh Savant may create mud even without a large source of water. With a single pint of water, a Marsh Savant can cause an area of five feet per Marsh Savant level to be converted into mud. Any creature within the area converted into mud must make a Reflex saving throw (DC 10 + Marsh Savant level + the Marsh Savant's Wisdom modifier) or be stuck, unable to move until they take a full-round action to pull themselves free, which requires a DC 15 Strength check. An Earthbender or Waterbender can free any creature (including herself) as a standard action.
    This mud may be Manipulated as if it were water, and is also able to move moved with Move a Rock.
    Mud blast: At second level, a Marsh Savant gains the ability to hurl mud at a foe with uncanny accuracy. This ability functions similarly to Water blast, except it requires water mixed with earth to use. It deals 1d4 points of blugeoning damage for every two levels of Marsh Savant the user possesses (round down), and also automatically blinds any target it hits for one round. The mud used is therefore unable to be used again as it adheres to the opponent's face.
    Mud armour: At third level, while standing in an area of mud, a Marsh Savant can cover his body in a thick layer of mud as a swift action. This ability grants the Marsh Savant damage reduction 2/-, and lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Marsh Savant's Wisdom modifier. This ability is physically tiring to maintain, and restricts the Marsh Savant to a single move or standard action for each round it remains in effect.
    At sixth level, the damage reduction improves to 4/-, and improves to 6/- at ninth level.
    At eighth level, the Marsh Savant is no longer limited to a single move or standard action while his mud armour is in effect.
    Mud wall: At fourth level, a Mud Savant may errect a barrier of mud as a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity. This ability functions similarly to Wall of Stone, using the Mud Savant's combined Mudbender level (see Mudbending, above) as the caster level. In addition, a creature may bust through the wall by dealing 10 points of damage with a slashing or blugeoning weapon per five feet of thickness. Again, unlike a wall of stone, the mud wall has no hardness.
    Mud forms: A fourth and seventh level, a Mud Savant gains a lesser form, which must be either a Water or Earth form. At tenth level, a Mud Savant also gains a moderate form.
    Seperate: At fifth level, a Marsh Savant learns to seperate mud into its component parts. The Marsh Savant can use Purify Water, as the spell, with a caster level equal to his Mudbending level (see Mudbending, above). In addition, this ability also leaves behind an equal amount of dirt.
    Swallowing earth: Once per day as a full-round action, a Mud Savant can imbue a twenty-foot radius area of mud, centered on the Marsh Savant, with incredible clinging properties. Any creatures other than the Marsh Savant caught in the area must make a Reflex save (DC 15 + the Marsh Savant's level + the Marsh Savant's Wisdom modifier) or be dragged under the surface. A creature dragged under can hold its breath as normal, and begins to drown once it cannot hold its breath any longer. A Water Breathing spell allows a creature to breathe normally.
    A creature dragged under the mud may attempt to dig his way out as a full-round action, but this requires a DC 30 Strength check. An Earthbender or Waterbender may free any creature, including himself, as a full-round action, but doing so requires a DC 30 Concentration check.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2006-12-11 at 07:58 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Speaking of PrC's in general, there are a few I might want to take a try at, but first I'd like to see what everyone thinks of this idea.

It seems like there should be bending PrC's available to non-bending classes. Specifically I was thinking about the sandbenders. Clearly, earthbenders can naturally bend sand, as Toph demonstrated, so one might classify sandbending as a minor subset of earthbending. However, these seemed to be people who could bend only sand, and not very powerfully at that. So it seems like it should be a PrC available to non-benders, in this case desert dwellers who want to pick up just enough bending ability to make their lives easier.

I'll go ahead and get started on the class if no one has any major problems with my reasoning. (And if you do please say so.)

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

For the air & fire prestige class, you could make it so that fire is "primary discipline" and air is "secondary discipline".

This would make it so that the class could spread fire much more quickly, augmenting their firebending with airbending.

Maybe call it a "wildfire master" or something...

Just thinking aloud. Not sure if it would work.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

I was gonna use "Adept" in the next PrC's name, 'cause I'm running out of good-sounding words... And 'Master' doesn't feel right.

I like the 'void' idea, really. An ability that consumes oxygen might be a part of the class...

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Body of Elements
    Maybe I should clarify. The elemental isn’t so much an actual creature as a convenient way to express the body of elements mechanically. It has no mental or physical stats (it takes those from the bender), it grants no skills (as those come from having an Int score), and doesn’t grant a bonus to attack.
    I have it grant feats as things the bender only knows how to do in that form. I suppose I should have them still need to fulfill any attribute score prerequisite.
    I had the idea for this form come from the season one finale when Aang joins with the coy fish (though I guess Aang in the avatar state is a special case at best and doesn’t count at worst). Should the form require some connection with the spirits to learn?

I've changed cooperation to 1/3 bender level and round up. Though I still have level one benders unable to to be a secondary bender. Crossbending Cooperation seems like it could be done normally so long as the abilities are “identical” and the two elements can be combined (i.e. fire and water can never cooperate, though earth and air could in the case of dust cloud).

New feat since we have no actual mechanic for it. I know earth and air don’t have a time of day but you can’t just leave them out.
    Spiritual Connection
    You have a high spiritual link with the time of day associated with your element.
    Benefits: During your time of day you gain a +2 to your bender level. When it is not that time of day you suffer a -1 to your bender level.
    Normal: Though a small increase in power is noticed by all benders, there is normally no in game advantage to the different times of day.
    Special: Times of day- Night(6pm-6am): Water, Morning(12am-12pm): Earth, Day(6am-6pm): Fire, Evening(12pm-12am): Air
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

You know Yuki, I came here looking to contribute in some small way because I would like to help my fellow man. And ever since my first post you've been an ass to me. I don't care if you've been on this board for two years, or if you've been involved in this thread longer, because that gives you no right to treat me as if I was a mod who just erased all the work you've made.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

I've been here two years?!

Wow, I need to get a life...

(And no, before you ask, I'm not addressing the rest of your post.)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd be willing to play if someone wanted to start an Avatar pbp.

Also, I've been thinking of another Air PrC, I'll try and post it sometime after finals week...
    My Plans never fail! The laws of physics simply get in the way of my success! - Red Mage 8-Bit Theater
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, look upon my works ye mighty and despair..."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry I haven’t posted in a page or so. My computer is at the hospital and probably won’t be out again for another couple days. I’ll try to keep up by posting at work, but don’t expect my constant engagement.

Alignment/Jing System:
    I like the idea of incorporating the Jing system into the Avatar game, but I don’t think that it needs to be represented in a rules form. I think that this sort of thing is better left up to the individual. It’s clear to me that the extent to which people adopt Jing is largely a matter of personal preference. For instance, King Bhumi and Toph both emphasize neutral Jing heavily, but other Earthbenders don’t (the Boulder, for example). I think that the idea of Jing should be expressed more as a role-playing decision than a rule. However, if the consensus is to deal with Jing via the rules, I think it should be something simple like a bonus feat at 1st level. Maybe Power Attack for Positive Jing, Combat Expertise for Negative Jing and Combat Intuition for Neutral Jing.

Air/Fire Combo:
    For what it’s worth, I like smoke better than void. There’s already a void PrC out there, and I think that working with an actual physical substance fits the nature of the Avatar world better than working with the absence of stuff. Plus, smoke conjures up some awesome images.

Thermokinetic Study:
    I like it. One of these days I’m going to go back and update all of the classes with the new forms we’ve written up, but probably not today.

First, I think that, by and large, we could work with existing D&D creatures to populate the Avatar world. For example, there are stats for rhinoceroses (and Dire Rhinos) in the Monster Manuals. We could use some Dinosaur stats for the giant lizards Azula and Co ride on. The only really important creatures we’d need to create are the Sky Bison (working on it, hopefully will have something soon) and the Badger Moles. Dragons already exist (and don’t really appear all that often in the show) and we could use any number of worm-like creatures as the base for the Unagi (adding a Water Blast ability as needed)

Second, if we’re trying to represent the show (an effort I support wholeheartedly), we should emphasize encounters with NPC’s more than with creatures. As a DM, I tend to use NPC’s more frequently, and I know that this creates far more work than using creatures out of the manuals, but there are really very few human v. animal encounters in the show (at least, compared to the number of human v. human encounters). This isn’t binding or anything, and the style of encounters is totally up to the DM, but that’s how I’d run it, despite the extra work involved.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to be in the minority on this, but I don’t think that the Avatar should be a playable character. I think this for several reasons:
    • The existence of the Avatar State makes the Avatar difficult to play at best and raises tons of rules questions. Can the player control the Avatar State? If so, how? What exact abilities does the Avatar have? What’s the nature of the sprit companion?
    • To accurately represent the Avatar, the character would have to be hugely powerful, dwarfing the abilities of all other characters. We don’t even have epic progressions for the classes so far, and I don’t understand epic rules at all, so I’m not competent to craft them. However, the Avatar’s power level would require these progressions.
    • It would throw off party balance entirely. The Avatar is supposed to be more powerful than everyone. That’s the point. However, it makes being in a party with the Avatar decidedly less fulfilling, since you know he/she can do everything you can (and probably better).
    • What happens if the Avatar dies? How do you deal with that?
    So, yeah. I think we should treat the Avatar like a deity (i.e. strictly off-limits to PC’s) and leave the specifics up to the individual DM.

Master of the Hurricane:
    I know it’s not complete or anything, but it looks promising. No where did we say that one person has a monopoly on a class idea (anyone is welcome to post their versions of the bending classes), plus the Hurricane is a different take on a combo of water and air than Yuki’s. I don’t know if you’re still hanging around, Cael, but I’d like to see it fleshed out a bit. Please?

Animal Bond:
    I’m not too familiar with animal companion rules (never played a Druid), but it looks pretty good, though maybe a bit powerful. I’d say we should limit it to higher levels kinda like Leadership. An animal companion is pretty powerful at low levels, especially if everyone and his brother can have one.

Marsh Savant:
    Again, I think that these synergistic PrC’s should have a dominant and a secondary bending discipline and advance them accordingly. Otherwise, I like this one, especially Swallowing Earth. I’d have to see it in action, but I think it looks ok balance-wise, though maybe a bit on the powerful size. Remember though, that magic doesn’t exist in the Avatar world in the same way it exists in the D&D world, so Water Breathing is going to be hard to come by.

Bending PrC’s for Non-Benders:
    Not sure how keen I am on the idea. I think that Sandbending has been portrayed as every bit as powerful as normal Earthbending, just more specialized. Maybe we should require some multiclassing (maybe to Rogue) to get into the Sandbending class, but it should require some bending levels before entry. Remember that bending is largely an in-born talent that is realized through study and discipline. Not everyone can become a bender.

Wildfire Master:
    I like the contept. *contemplates what the class could be like* Ooh! I like it a lot!

Body of the Elements and Spiritual Connection:
    Still not sure. I kinda like the way the armor-like forms function already. I also still think it’s a little too powerful. Tone it down a bit and I’ll add it to the list of forms.

Spiritual Connection I like. Are we making it a feat or is it going to be a class feature? If a class features, I’d say make the bonuses/penalties equal (i.e. +1/-1 instead of +2/-1). Also, only Waterbending and Firebending are affected by the time of day.

I know there’s still work to be done (crafting creatures, deciding how to deal with magic, etc), but I though I’d throw out a few (brief) ideas. First, I think that it should take place before or after the show, not during. This way, we could have Airbender characters who aren’t the Avatar (see above for my thoughts on the Avatar). Also, it means that we wouldn’t be tempted to play as already-established characters or mess with the show’s plotline unnecessarily. Finally, we need to have some non-bending characters, if only to help with the playtesting and comparisons with the bending classes.

I call Airbender!

Mephibosheth
    Last edited by Mephibosheth; 2006-12-12 at 01:17 PM.
    The Scroungers Campaign Setting
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew
    A Zombiemageddon Campaign Journal!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

The cause of my annoyance was not that someone was ruining my 'monopoly' on those classes; it was simply that he didn't bother reading the whole thread before posting. I find that infuriating...

And yes, I agree there should be primary and secondary disciplines for those PrCs, but I'm focusing on finishing them all before trying to work that out...

11. - Top - End - #131

Good call. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the PrC's all turn out. This project is really developing into a great system.

Mephibosheth
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #132

I agree with the whole not making the characters from the show thing. That actually kind of irritates me when they do it, as in the Star Wars RPG.

The "Animal Bond" feat isn't even necessary, strictly speaking, I was just thinking on creating reasons to keep their various animal friends useful into higher levels. I actually have no idea about the power level on this, but you may be right. I actually did think of it as a "no conditional modifiers, cohorts only" leadership feat, but thought the fact that you wouldn't be getting a bunch of 1st level characters makes it okay for lower levels, when they'd actually be useful. But maybe not.

I'll get on that sandbender thing, and take what you said under advisement. I was mainly trying to imagine why an earthbender would go for something that makes him ultra-specialized.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm working on the Avatar template right now....it's not as overpowered as you might expect.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ing View Post
    I'm working on the Avatar template right now....it's not as overpowered as you might expect.
    Then it isn't powerful enough.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

On the Avatar: So long as it can destory an entire fire nation invasion force in a matter of minutes and move whole land masses with ease, I'll be satisfied.

I'll play around with body of elements.

I would be in support of making spiritual conntection a class feature.
    I know it's only water and fire for times of day but the only other option for earth and air would be to increase their power during the corresponding season.
    Maybe an idea for earthbenders and jing.

Jing Channeling
    You have mastered the art of channeling neutral jing to enhance your earth bending.
    Prerequisit: Earth blast
    Benefits: So long as you are last in the initiative order you recieve a +2 to bender level and attack rolls for block bending. If you start out as last in the order you must not act for one round (except to block bending) before the benifits of this feat apply.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2006-12-12 at 04:23 PM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, if we're not going to use existing characters, i might try waterbender. And as for air+fire, i like the smoke stuff. What about a comet bender? Hails fire from the sky? Just a thought.
    I wish I had something to put here in this empty space....

www.ultimate-reviews.net Yeah. That's 'bout it....

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Remember kids: the Avatar isn't just someone who can master all bending styles. The Avatar isn't just an extraordinarily powerful bender.

The Avatar is the planet.

If the Avatar doesn't have a Divine Rank of at least 0 something is very, very wrong.

(Actually, the Avatar State would probably be Divine Rank 0, although the actual body would still be mortal.)
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2006-12-12 at 04:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

The fully progressed avatar, that is.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

I dont know if you guys have this, but what about those people that took over the air temple? The flying guys that didnt have bending... And that secret organization that Prince Zuko's uncle is in.(Im horrible with names) but you could have a 5 level prestige class with that right? Just throwing out ideas, because I love the show...

-Influence(Maybe bonuses to social skills in certain situations)
    -contacts
    -ect. ect.

20. - Top - End - #140

The white locus is the mystery cult Iroh is in.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like to play a water or earth bender, but I could do one of the normal classes if it came to that.

Also, for PrCs, are we looking at simply combinations, or also extentions of single bending styles?
    My Plans never fail! The laws of physics simply get in the way of my success! - Red Mage 8-Bit Theater
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, look upon my works ye mighty and despair..."

22. - Top - End - #142

Pretty much anything, actually. As I've said before, I think that combining bending disciplines should be really hard and really uncommon, but I like the PrC's we've got. So, any I say develop any ideas you have.

Mephibosheth
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mephibosheth View Post
    Dai Li:
    Another great idea. As has been said, Spider Climb is already part of the Earthbender base class. I also agree that, beyond the first few levels, this class doesn’t offer anything really except Sneak Attack. However, I think that you could spread out the benefits of the Gloves of Earth, building up their damage as the character gains levels (similar to how monks progress) and allowing dual-wielding. Also consider adding the ability to make the Earthen Bindings function at range (perhaps functioning as the Iron Bands wondrous item). Also, I think that the Sneak Attack should only apply to damage dealt with the Gloves of Earth and that the damage-dealing aspect of them should come first in the progression. Maybe start Sneak Attack at level two and start Gloves of Earth at level one, beginning with the ability to deal damage and improving in damage and adding special abilities as the class progresses.
    Hmmm. Alright I see what you mean. I was mostly haveing trouble with the fact that the Dai Li are very much a mystery on the show and don't display many unique abilities besides the Gloves and Earthen Bindings like abilities.

On Earthen Bindings acting like the Iron Bands, I like that idea more so I'll switch that around on the descriptiong.

For Gloves abilities...

What about the ability to penetrate the DR of earthbending techniques at level?

And the damage is supposed to escalate as you gain levels (if you have the Superior unarmed strike feat) but if you think about many people probably don't think about doing that so I can see your reasoning.

However when should dual wielding those gloves be implemented? I don't think its quite a twenth level ability to use both hands when fighting.....wait I think I just had an idea.

Also I would be most happy in playing in an Avatar PbP set before the show as an Earth Bender.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2006-12-12 at 10:29 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #144

give me a week to get my finals straight and I'll start the PBP

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Here are the Dai Li with my new changes to them. What I'm most worried about are the new Glove abilities and Destructive Resonance ability. Are they balanced correctly and more importantly do they fit the flavor?

Dai Li

Selectively picked at a young age, the members of the Dai Li are elite officers of Ba Sing Se under the control of Long Feng. Their job is to ensure that no one disrupts the order of the city, such as by speaking of "undesirable" topics like the war with the Fire Nation. They employ skilled Earthbenders as a secret police group, who wear gloves made out of earthen materials in order to dexterously Earthbend on the go. Most of Ba Sing Se's citizens seem to fear them and want nothing to do with them, knowing that nothing but trouble can arise from meddling in any of their affairs. {As taken from Wikipedia}

Requirements: To become a Dai Li, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria:
    Alignment: Any Lawful
    Skills: Concentration 10 ranks, Gather Information 8 ranks, Intimidate 6 ranks
    Class Abilities: Earth Blast, Moderate Earthbending forms
    Special: An aspiring Dai Li agent must be sponsored by another member of the Dai Li and have lived in Ba Sing Se for at least 2 months

Class Skills: Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide. Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot
    Skill points per level: 6+Int Modifier

Dai Li
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack[br]Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Gloves of Earth, Spider Climb|+1 level of existing bending class

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Sneak Attack +1d6|+1 level of existing bending class

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Gloves of Earth (1d6)|+1 level of existing bending class

4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Earthen Bindings, Sneak Attack +2d6|+1 level of existing bending class

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Gloves of Earth (1d8)|+1 level of existing bending class

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |Sneak Attack +3d6|+1 level of existing bending class

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |Gloves of Earth (1d10, Penetrate DR)|+1 level of existing bending class

8th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |Sneak Attack +4d6|+1 level of existing bending class

9th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |Gloves of Earth (2d6, Stunning)|+1 level of existing bending class

10th|
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |Sneak Attack +5d6, Destructive Resonance|+1 level of existing bending class [/table]

Class Features:
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Dai Li gains no additional weapon or armor proficiency.

Bending: When a new Dai Li level is gained, the character may choose new earthbending forms as she had also gained a level in whatever earthbending class that she started in. She does not, however, gain any of the other benefits a character of that class would have gained.

Gloves of Earth(Su): This ability coats the Dai Li's hands in a coating of earth to form gloves. As a standard action a Dai Li may use earthbending to fling the gloves at any target within 10 ft./Dai Li class level as a ranged touch attack. If successful a Dai Li agent is allowed to make a grapple check at his normal bonus+3 against the target.
    At 3rd level the Gloves of the Earth deal 1d6 points of damage on a successful attack. This damage increases by one step at 5th, 7th, and 9th level.
    At 6th level if the Dai Li agent has the Improved Unarmed Strike feat she may use the gloves as a ranged attack. This attack is at the Dai Li's normal ranged attack bonus. Follow up attacks granted by a high base attack bonus may also be used. The extra action granted by the Haste spell do not let you gain another ranged Gloves of the Earth attack.
    At 7th level a Dai Li's Gloves of the Earth are able to penetrate the DR given by earthbending forms with an opposed Wisdom check. Also they may dual wield their Gloves with the correct penalties. (The offhand counts as a light weapon.)
    At 9th level a Dai Li may use their Gloves as a medium to deliver a stunning attack from any source.

Spider Climb(Su): At 1st level a Dai Li's class levels stack with those of the Earth Bender class to determine climb speed. Also they may travel across any earthen surface, not just vertical ones..

Sneak Attack:
    If a Dai Li can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.
    The Dai Li’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases by 1d6 every two Dai Li levels thereafter. Should the Dai Li score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.
    Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.
    With a sap (blackjack) or an unarmed strike, a Dai Li can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, not even with the usual -4 penalty.
    A Dai Li can sneak attack only living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to sneak attacks. The Dai Li must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A Dai Li cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment or striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.
    Unlike the normal sneak attack of a rogue, a Dai Li is able to apply this extra damage to her Gloves of the Earth ability.

Earthen Bindings: At 4th level a Dai Li agent is able to fashion earth into manacles to fit unto a creature. Once secured they act as masterwork manacles that don't require locks. As a full round action a Dai Li may fling the earthen manacles as a ranged touch attack that acts as the Iron Bands of Binding wonderous item except as noted.

Destructive Resonance: At 10th level a Dai Li gains perhaps the most fearful of their abilities and one that few have ever reached. Once per day a Dai Li may strike an opponent within half of their Gloves of the Earth ability with a deadly jab of earth as a full round action. On a successful ranged attack a Dai Li can set up destructive vibrations inside of the targets body that pulverise bones and damage eternal organs. These vibrations force the target to make a Fortitude Save (DC=10+Dai Li class levels+Wis modifier) or fall to -5 hit points and knocked out. On a successful save the vibrations instead do 1d8/Dai Li level and knock the target prone on the ground. This attack may not be combined with any form of earthbending or Gloves attack.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2006-12-13 at 02:33 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

So... if Fire+Earth= Magma, Air+Fire= Smoke, Air+Water=Mist, Water+Earth=Mud, Whats Earth+Air and Water+Fire?

27. - Top - End - #147

They're generally considered opposites, so they don't mix well.

That said, I'd say water and fire would be really hot vapor. I've said before that air and earth make smoke, but I seem to have been overruled on that. I don't know what else it might be, though. Sand?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    So... if Fire+Earth= Magma, Air+Fire= Smoke, Air+Water=Mist, Water+Earth=Mud, Whats Earth+Air and Water+Fire?
    Water and fire definitly seem to be hot vapor. Steam.

Earth and Air though...I would say toxic fumes. Like swamp gas and the like.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Or... Dust. You know. Like behind the couch. Dust.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

I would definatly be willing to play with a fox-bat companion! (The laberenth of love episode)
    Last edited by Carrion_Humanoid; 2006-12-13 at 05:32 PM.