New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,484 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XV: The Weasel, the Spark, and the Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
    And you know what I would say to Klaus..
    "Klaus YOU IDIOT! Considering Agatha is currently the only Heterodyne, she wouldn't have survived as long as she did if she WASN'T dangerous! No wonder every female spark you've met (with the possible exception of Agatha) wants you to die! I feel the same way! You are no better than Lucrezia!"
    I bet You're not the only one. Yet, one of the most interesting things about Klaus is that he has every reason to want Agatha contained (at the very least). First the time windows, then the fact she is a Heterodyne (there were only two good Heterodynes in the entire history of Europa) and a daughter of Lucrezia to boot and the most important is the Sturmhalten incident - that's when things have gone off the deep end. He tried to talk things out with Agatha, because Gil asked him to and got wasped due to carelessness. He also gained undisputed proof, she is a host to The Other.

Klaus might often use drastic methods and nobody likes him for things he does, but his methods work and his goal is good.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I had always wondered my Zeetha was not with Gil. We KNOW how much she likes to jerk his chain around and
    Spoiler
    Show
    they might be twins
    . This totaly explains her absence.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I really think it did. Comparing Gil on the 23rd and Gil in the last couple panels to Gil in panel 1, there are big personality swaps. Either the music or the thought of a message from Agatha snapped him out of it temporarily - and both the music and love were things that let Agatha beat back Lucrezia. So in that the mind control is similar. But I've got to wonder - Klaus has been in charge of Gil for years now. So will that make recovery more difficult?
    Given huge statues of Agatha, it's unlikely Klaus has been in control all this time XD

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Anyone who says they saw that coming is LYING TO YOU!
    So, so this.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I had always wondered my Zeetha was not with Gil. We KNOW how much she likes to jerk his chain around and
    Spoiler
    Show
    they might be twins
    . This totaly explains her absence.
    Might? Haha. They are twins, Foglios all but declared it openly in the interview. Either they are twins or Foglios are huge misleading jerks, and I vote for the former.
    ava by me
    Where the hell have you been?
    Yes, sadly.
    Proud founder of Crystal's fanclub!

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome smilies here. Thank you, HeeJay and Fawkes!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawedParadigm View Post
    See, the reason I don't have to post much is people like Liliet exist to express nearly everything I want or need to.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I bet You're not the only one. Yet, one of the most interesting things about Klaus is that he has every reason to want Agatha contained (at the very least). First the time windows, then the fact she is a Heterodyne (there were only two good Heterodynes in the entire history of Europa) and a daughter of Lucrezia to boot and the most important is the Sturmhalten incident - that's when things have gone off the deep end. He tried to talk things out with Agatha, because Gil asked him to and got wasped due to carelessness. He also gained undisputed proof, she is a host to The Other.

Klaus might often use drastic methods and nobody likes him for things he does, but his methods work and his goal is good.
    Klaus was informed by Boris that Agatha is an unwilling host and is trying to fight her off. In fact, it might have been Boris's information that gave Klaus the idea to try the same thing with Gil.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Liliet View Post
    Might? Haha. They are twins, Foglios all but declared it openly in the interview. Either they are twins or Foglios are huge misleading jerks, and I vote for the former.
    Until it shows up in the story, never be 100% sure about anything. And then be carefull even then. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    Klaus was informed by Boris that Agatha is an unwilling host and is trying to fight her off. In fact, it might have been Boris's information that gave Klaus the idea to try the same thing with Gil.
    Boris told Klaus something, but I don't think it's this. How would Boris know about this? Only a few people knew the situation at the time.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Boris told Klaus something, but I don't think it's this. How would Boris know about this? Only a few people knew the situation at the time.
    Boris knew about this because he was present when Dimo explained the situation to the Generals.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2013-12-28 at 12:02 PM.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Liliet View Post
    I would love a link to this interview.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsbridge View Post
    I would love a link to this interview.
    This, perhaps?

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment..._girl/ca9194o|

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The relationship between Gil and Zeetha is something of an Open Secret within GG fandom and has been ever since the bookplate character sketches of Klaus' Wife went out (I happen to have one buried around the house somewhere).

The thing is, Phil doesn't care that much about spoilers (at least for some things) while Kaja is more circumspect. So apparently Phil has been telling people about the Gil/Zeetha relationship for years at cons and whatnot.

Now it is true that it isn't 100% canon until it hits the web, but well, the "Daughter of Chump" and "Yes I know what the word 'Chump' means in your language" bits that have already appeared pretty much seals the deal that they haven't moved away from this storyline.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2013-12-28 at 03:14 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Firbolg in the Playground

Self-explanatory repost. (from 08-21-2010 mind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    Just got book 9 with the sketch. I requested an image of Chump, and now I share it with you all:

Spoiler
    Show
    Look familiar?

If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Orc in the Playground

Holy...! Well, that explains why 'Gil' is so comfortable in the presence of Bang, who he's never cared for before. She's probably also around 24/7 under the Baron's orders to make sure Gil doesn't take over completely at any time.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Page 50 is almost all used up, so I've taken the liberty to start the new thread. Also took the time to clean up some of the descriptions of the links.

So go over there and fill that one up.

Link to Part XVI: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322309
    Last edited by Porthos; 2013-12-28 at 09:24 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    True, but even Boris didn't think it was a good idea to let her free on the off chance, that the Other won't win or that it all wasn't a clever ploy - Lucrezia has a penchant for trickery after all. Considering the danger the Other poses to Europa, Klaus decided not to take any risks. He is ruthless, but he is not unreasonable.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, radio plays till March:
    http://girlgeniusadventures.com/2013...has-come-gone/
    We will be resuming the Main Story on March 3rd of 2014.