New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Lightbulb mini-miniature-titan

ok, i made a medium sized titan, to play in a campain
    Spoiler
    Show
    (new DM, thinks he's amazing at D&D, then told us we could play any race/class, and use any templates we wish, as long as none of our stats exceed 50 , oh, and level adjustments and racial hit die dont matter...)

so, i just took a titan and applied the miniature template (book of templates) until it was medium
    and i figure posting on the playground is the best way to get some honest criticism

5d8

+6 dex
    +16 str
    +16 con
    +16 wis
    +10 int
    +14 cha

Height 6ft 3in
    weight 218lb

Land base speed: 40ft

Mini Titans speak Abyssal, Common, Celestial, Draconic, and Giant

Damage reduction 15/lawful
    darkvision 60 ft
    spell resistance 32
    Powerful build (ex)
    A mini titan’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Spell like abilities
    At will—chain lightning (DC 23), charm monster(DC 21), cure critical wounds (DC 21), fire storm (DC 24), greater dispel magic, hold monster (DC 22), invisibility, invisibility purge, levitate, persistent image (DC 22), polymorph (humanoid forms only, duration 1 hour)
    3/day—etherealness, word of chaos (DC 22), summon nature’s ally IX
    1/day—gate, maze, meteor swarm (DC 26). Caster level 20th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

In addition, mini titans of good or neutral alignment can use the following
    additional spell-like abilities:
    At will—daylight, holy smite (DC 21), remove curse (DC 21)
    1/day—greater restoration.
    Caster level 20th. The save DCs are Charisma-based

Feats: Awesome Blow, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (chain lightning)

i'm pretty sure i'll have to fix up the feats, save DC for spells, caster level, and hit die

any contributions are appreciated (yes, even destructive criticism)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: mini-miniature-titan

no offense: but how long has your DM been DMing? this is crazy! Nice job using that template though, I love that book
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

What ECL would that be?
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

here lemme do the math for a sec:

altogether ECL 25...thats including rhd btw
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-06-21 at 01:08 PM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    What ECL would that be?
    i dont know what it's ecl would be, but i know this much, it's pretty bloody high, but i made it even worse, by using approximately half of the book of templates and savage species, and some of MMI

and making a "winged, savage, half gold dragon, half silver dragon, half bronze dragon, half brass dragon, half copper dragon, half troll, thermic elemental, water elemental, earth elemental, mini-titan, dreadnaught, aberrant" level 5 wizard
    then i took the lost traditions feat, and made my main casting stat strength (by the way, half dragon is +8 str, each time you apply it~) i ended up with 86 str (hence why he said we cant go above 50 in any stat)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

so my post says ECL 25:

5 RHD: 5
    massive ability bonuses: 7
    Caster Level 20: 11
    DR: 14
    SR: egads? 17
    SLAs: 21
    other misc: 25 did i do that right

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    so my post says ECL 25:

5 RHD: 5
    massive ability bonuses: 7
    Caster Level 20: 11
    DR: 14
    SR: egads? 17
    SLAs: 21
    other misc: 25 did i do that right
    i gave up on that kinda stuff for this campaing, but it sounds about right

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Your name feels extremely appropriate to both this campaign in this character. Why not make it Paragon and Pseudonatural as well, given that you're already punching reality in the face with sheer cojones?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Vadskye View Post
    Your name feels extremely appropriate to both this campaign in this character. Why not make it Paragon and Pseudonatural as well, given that you're already punching reality in the face with sheer cojones?
    my DM decided i had to remove 4 of the half dragons, and the earth elemental
    but paragon and pseudonatural sound fun, do you know what books they're in, so i can try to find them?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

I believe those are in the Epic Level Handbook

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    my DM decided i had to remove 4 of the half dragons, and the earth elemental
    but paragon and pseudonatural sound fun, do you know what books they're in, so i can try to find them?
    they are in the ELH, but I think Vadskye was being sarcastic and basically saying, eh its crazy enough why not make it a little more so.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    they are in the ELH, but I think Vadskye was being sarcastic and basically saying, eh its crazy enough why not make it a little more so.
    Yup! But hey, if the DM lets him get away with it, it will certainly a character to remember...

I just feel really, really bad for Bob the New Player who is rolling a level 1 fighter in the same game.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

we have a half-fire elemental, spectral newbie ( i use the term loosely, he has played, just not that much)

a winged-elf vampire (newbie)

a halfling rogue (newbie)

a human saint cleric (newbie)

and me, the only person who has played a campaing for any amount of time longer than an hour (and that includes the DM..)
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2013-06-22 at 12:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

In that case, I would seriously advise not playing something as dumb as the miniminititan. Because, yes, it's a fun thought exercise. But if the DM takes it as written, you will render the rest of the party irrelevant, and that will probably make the new players think that D&D is a dumb game and likely make them have less fun. If he doesn't, there's no point in having the ludicrous stats in the first place. So why bother? Check with the DM to make sure this character is okay, imagine all the fun things you could have done with it - and then play something completely different that will make sure that both you and the party will have fun.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

In that case, I would seriously advise not playing something as dumb as the miniminititan. Because, yes, it's a fun thought exercise. But if the DM takes it as written, you will render the rest of the party irrelevant, and that will probably make the new players think that D&D is a dumb game and likely make them have less fun. If he doesn't, there's no point in having the ludicrous stats in the first place. So why bother? Check with the DM to make sure this character is okay, imagine all the fun things you could have done with it - and then play something completely different that will make sure that both you and the party will have fun.
    they've had one sesion already without me, started at level 5, killed a collosus, are currently fighting a hydra, and are going to find me, not next session, but the session after, and all i'm going to have is a spell book, clothes, and maybe some weapons, because i'm somehow locked in a prison..?

edit: oh, and he already okayed my character..
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2013-06-22 at 12:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    because i'm somehow locked in a prison..?
    That's my point right there. He's clearly not assuming your character is as powerful as it is, unless this prison is made of adamantine walls with a permanent antimagic field. Just play something that can actually exist in a remotely functional universe.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

look if you want something powerful with templates, PM me and I can help you come up with something a little less ridiculous :p

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

That's my point right there. He's clearly not assuming your character is as powerful as it is, unless this prison is made of adamantine walls with a permanent antimagic field. Just play something that can actually exist in a remotely functional universe.
    well, he perfectly understood that i used to be able to break down a steel door with a nat 1 on a strength check, could breath fire, acid, etc, could fly, walk up walls, cast chain lightning at will, etcetera

now i can only break down steel doors on approximately a roll of ten, can fly, have a filled out spell book of up to lvl 3 spells, can fly, breath fire, bite, claw, deal fire damage with said bite and claw, cast chain lightning at will, etc
    and he still says my character is fine..?

19. - Top - End - #19

Your point seems to be that your DM is being pretty dumb about this. You are absolutely correct. That still doesn't mean you should take advantage of it. As the experienced player, your job is to help everyone have fun - not to take advantage of their naivete.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Your point seems to be that your DM is being pretty dumb about this. You are absolutely correct. That still doesn't mean you should take advantage of it. As the experienced player, your job is to help everyone have fun - not to take advantage of their naivete.
    i realise, this is mostly just thought stuff, and while going through the books, creating my insane character, i'm looking at all the templates, trying to decide on maybe 2 or 3 useful ones that i could put on a character