New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Attack on Titan / Shingeki No Kyojin

I was under the impression that the specific confirmation was in reference to pronouns, which in Japanese are a bit more open to interpretation. Orochimaru used female ones to be creepy I seem to recall. I dare speculate that this is more "sure why not?" situation then terribly intentional since Isayama pretty obviously likes to troll his own work.

While we haven't and probably won't see Hange without a shirt I have noted several times that the art includes a line across Hange's chest. this is not present (that I've found) on more apparently male characters, and would be consistent with having a modest bust. Not the most iron clad of evidence of course especially considering Nanaba, but I think worth mentioning.

Of course unlike V I actually have an opinion on Hange's gender as being female... but the joke is too good to pass up.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Wow, the Reise family is nasty. They pass on the Cordinator power (and memories) by eating the previouse person to hold them. Historia is starting to have second thoughts as you might guess. Humanity had it's memories errased only 100 years before and the Reise family made a deal with a Titan (the Ape Like one?) for their power and claim it's to "keep the peace". I do NOT buy it that only the Reise family can use the Cordinator abilites as we have already seen Erin do it. Oh, and the MP's are getting cut to pieces.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Wow, the Reise family is nasty. They pass on the Cordinator power (and memories) by eating the previouse person to hold them. Historia is starting to have second thoughts as you might guess. Humanity had it's memories errased only 100 years before and the Reise family made a deal with a Titan (the Ape Like one?) for their power and claim it's to "keep the peace". I do NOT buy it that only the Reise family can use the Cordinator abilites as we have already seen Erin do it. Oh, and the MP's are getting cut to pieces.
    Excuse me, where are you finding this in English?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Crunchyroll should have it up within a few days, but if you Google it and go through a few sites you should probably find it eventually.
    Jude P.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ha, Kenny's expression at the end... looks like he just saw his dream crash and burn.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

I don't care what anyone says I firmly believe Sasha lit a potato on fire to start that bit.

Spoiler: Also!
    Show

So Hange, okay, paralysed from a broken spine, or dead?

Place your bets.

7. - Top - End - #1267

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post

Show

Place your bets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm leaning toward disabled. Man, can the Survey Corp be even called a Corp any more? o__o

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Place your bets.
    Never!

Spoiler
    Show

I mean... yeah, they should kill someone but.. Hange? Why her? Why not... Connie or so. But anyway, I don't think she's dead. Maybe disabled but then she would still be Hange. It's not about her crazy moves with her...

In general... eh, decent chapter. I wish I was better versed in chemistry/hobby wafare to come up with a better way to make smoke bombs but I guess this works. I'll complain about the stupidity of giving the anti-personell maneuver gear such weaknesses, though. If the normal gear doesn't require the use of hands (it seems) why does the improved version? And really, one shot guns and no other weapons? Do you want your people to get killed?

And more reveals at the end! So... the family is special, kind of... And a special kind of ****, because none of them in... four generations or so, deemed it a good idea to tell people what is going on or rid the world of the titans. Whenever this is revealed, I want it to be decent and not some convoluted mess..
    Something minor... how come Reiss' younger brother was the carrier when Frieda, I guess, is the first born? How about some consistency? Or is the huge boy in the family picture last month supposed to be an older brother? I mean, I'm not sure, just wondering.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Tenmanga. (words)
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

10. - Top - End - #1270

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Never!

Spoiler
    Show
    led, I want it to be decent and not some convoluted mess..
    Something minor... how come Reiss' younger brother was the carrier when Frieda, I guess, is the first born? How about some consistency? Or is the huge boy in the family picture last month supposed to be an older brother? I mean, I'm not sure, just wondering.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dude looked like he was rocking a santa beard. I think he was Reiss's youngest uncle tbh. I'm thinking there was a translation slip somewhere.

edit: I think that Eren can't access the history part of the power. The manipulate Titans he does have... but he might not be able to use it on humans.
    Last edited by Lurkmoar; 2014-12-08 at 08:56 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    edit: I think that Eren can't access the history part of the power. The manipulate Titans he does have... but he might not be able to use it on humans.
    Spoiler
    Show
    But has Erin even tried to access the memories? Or use his power on another person. And aren't Titans transformed humans?

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    In general... eh, decent chapter. I wish I was better versed in chemistry/hobby wafare to come up with a better way to make smoke bombs but I guess this works. I'll complain about the stupidity of giving the anti-personell maneuver gear such weaknesses, though. If the normal gear doesn't require the use of hands (it seems) why does the improved version? And really, one shot guns and no other weapons? Do you want your people to get killed?
    I argue that "weak point" is a relative thing here. In general the AP-3DMG should be easier to use (you can aim more freely and accurately), and its not like the standard rig offers any ranged attacks at all. And despite being more difficult I'm not sure the added weight on your arms is worth it when you have to carve Titans up or would otherwise restrict your swordplay, but that won't be an advantage against the AP model in a head to head because range normally trumps swordplay.

Oh and remember they've already established revolvers are possible, so obviously such was suppressed even for this squad for a compromise between improvement over breech loaders but less risk of creating a weapon you can't crush with superior manpower via the rest of the MP and Garrison.

Spoiler
    Show
    And more reveals at the end! So... the family is special, kind of... And a special kind of ****, because none of them in... four generations or so, deemed it a good idea to tell people what is going on or rid the world of the titans. Whenever this is revealed, I want it to be decent and not some convoluted mess..
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given these are the people who think a secret kingship is a good idea its probably imagined as a safety measure. Even if the head of the family (as the more obvious figure) dies for some reason the important piece is preserved. Or simply not putting the Titan power with the one most likely to be otherwise occupied. Or perhaps most likely something about the revelation of the past causes those with the real power to decline more temporal power.

Its not necessarily a good idea, but I can see thinking it might be.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Troll in the Playground

I don't care what anyone says I firmly believe Sasha lit a potato on fire to start that bit.

Show

Place your bets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Better not be. And I think they'd say dead if she were. Armin's taking care, and he should be able to tell.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm leaning toward disabled. Man, can the Survey Corp be even called a Corp any more? o__o
    Spoiler
    Show
    Survey Corpses?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

14. - Top - End - #1274

Spoiler
    Show
    Looked over the latest chapter again. Bit annoyed that the younger brother didn't have a bread. Friggin' a my mind is playing tricks on me. What I'm curious about is why they decided to transfer the power to Frieda. I'm sure the he had a couple of decades in life in him... or did he ask for it himself because he was fed up with the burden of the world's knowledge?
    Last edited by Lurkmoar; 2014-12-08 at 07:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1275

First part below is @Kato:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't understand what you're getting at. When has being "first born" mattered to being Coordinate? Until this chapter, we hadn't even heard anything about someone having to be in the Reiss family to use the power, so how is it inconsistent, when as far as we really know you only have to eat someone with a Titan ability to gain that ability? I don't think it matters whether or not the boy in the picture was older than Frieda or not, or if the previous Coordinate was Rod's 'younger' brother or not; I don't recall any point when the position in the family birth order was cited as relevant.

It's my opinion that either Rod Reiss is lying through his teeth about the "true power", or he's been lied to about it and doesn't understand it himself. We saw Eren controlling other Titans, and that's about all I need to see to say that he's controlling other human beings with some practice. At the very least, Grisha and Reiner and company seem to believe that if they can take the Coordinate power away from the Reiss that they'll be able to make use of it despite not being in that bloodline. On the one hand, it makes sense that only the one noble family would be able to make use of this power; it would explain why the human trash noblemen we saw during the coup hadn't tried to take it for themselves. But there are too many holes in Rod's story for me to believe a word he says as he tries to convince Historia to be his tool. Maybe, maybe you can say that Frieda was too young to use the power to "remove Titans from the world" or whatever Rod was getting on about. But why, then, did her uncle not do something? Why not the Coordinate before him? Or somebody, anybody in the past century who held the power and knowledge that Rod is saying they've got. Why mess with putting up Walls at all if we're saying we can just get rid of Titans some other way with this special individual? He says nobody knows where Titans came from; obviously not totally true, since that would mean the readers never get that question answered. But all that means really is that he doesn't know; I call the bet the Rod is a mix of a schemer and someone out-of-the-loop, regarding some secrets. I think he's acting on an objective more important than the petty power dreams that the other nobles were willing to sacrifice humanity for, but I don't think Rod is actually too major a player.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    First part below is @Kato:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't understand what you're getting at.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm not talking about the importance for being coordinate, I'm talking about the Reiss' selection of who gets the power. It seems unlikely they just hand it to "any child". Clearly there would be some selection process. And it often happens to be such things, like the power to rule, are given to the first born. Though I guess there could be, as Soras noted, problems with the ruler also carrying this burden... then again, I would argue, to rule all of effing humanity it might be a good idea to know everything about the effing situation. But that's just me. So yeah, assuming the boy is the older one I guess the first born gets to rule and the second gets all the knowledge which might be helpful to rule. But oh well.

Spoiler
    Show

It's my opinion that either Rod Reiss is lying through his teeth about the "true power", or he's been lied to about it and doesn't understand it himself. We saw Eren controlling other Titans, and that's about all I need to see to say that he's controlling other human beings with some practice.
    That's quite a jump of conclusion to make, if you ask me... Not that I like the "special bloodline" stuff but if the plot wills it, it may be.

Spoiler
    Show
    But there are too many holes in Rod's story for me to believe a word he says as he tries to convince Historia to be his tool. Maybe, maybe you can say that Frieda was too young to use the power to "remove Titans from the world" or whatever Rod was getting on about. But why, then, did her uncle not do something? Why not the Coordinate before him? Or somebody, anybody in the past century who held the power and knowledge that Rod is saying they've got. Why mess with putting up Walls at all if we're saying we can just get rid of Titans some other way with this special individual?
    Spoiler
    Show

I assume the "too many holes" you refer to are the ones you are listing, otherwise I'd like to know them. (Not that I'm saying anything about this is perfect)

I'm pretty sure the idea is that they "were" capable but all of them for one reason or another considered it a better idea to not destroy the titans and instead keep the walls. Maybe because they really liked ruling people. Whether or not we will ever get a decent explanation what this reason would be remains to be seen.

[/quote]

Spoiler
    Show
    He says nobody knows where Titans came from; obviously not totally true, since that would mean the readers never get that question answered.
    Or maybe SnK will not succumb to the standard literary trope of giving the reader all the answers at some point... because clearly, there must alsway be an old sage person alive who can and willanswer all remaining questions. (What? Why are you looking at me funny? It [it]could[/it] (not) happen... )
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #1277

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure the Titan(perhaps the Beast Titan, perhaps not) that gave the Reiss family their power knows Kato. Whether that information will be divulged to the readers will be a matter for the author to come to.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/...xternal,manual

So, stumbled across this. If come season 6 I get word that they actually do it (If not by some bizarre twist sooner.), I think I'm gonna make a similar petition for more characters then I care to count right now for AoT. Just to see if it goes anywhere and where that ends up being.

If they I actually find out they brought her back.

Could prove a bemusing if short lived experiment.
    "I Burn!"

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

So, the new OVA is the first part of Levi's backstory put in motion... with huge changes and a song, that mutilates the German language. Hurra??
    But no, it's decent, if you haven't read the story it's nice to learn about I guess, and even if it's cool.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #1280

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/...xternal,manual

So, stumbled across this. If come season 6 I get word that they actually do it (If not by some bizarre twist sooner.), I think I'm gonna make a similar petition for more characters then I care to count right now for AoT. Just to see if it goes anywhere and where that ends up being.

If they I actually find out they brought her back.

Could prove a bemusing if short lived experiment.
    I was about to say what does that have to do with anything... then I finished reading the rest of your post after the link.

What AoT character would you want brought back? My vote is for Dita Ness. Dudes wearing handkerchiefs on their heads are awesome.

Kato, what changes have been made? Broad strokes if you don't mind. They change how Levi and Erwin met?

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

Kato, what changes have been made? Broad strokes if you don't mind. They change how Levi and Erwin met?
    I guess "huge" changes was a bit over the top, sorry.
    Spoiler
    Show

Eh, it's been a while since I read Birth of Levi but now it seems the trio was much more Levi & his Merry Men than originally, freely dispersing his money among the neighborhood. And the meeting with Isabell was changed. Also, they were... kind of blackmailed into the job, in another way than originally. (Where they even blackmailed? I think they were just bought?)

The meeting with Erwin I think was mostly consistent, but it ended at the point where Erwin offers them to join and Levi agrees.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

I was about to say what does that have to do with anything... then I finished reading the rest of your post after the link.

What AoT character would you want brought back? My vote is for Dita Ness. Dudes wearing handkerchiefs on their heads are awesome.
    I'd probably set up one for each of them, just to see who get's the support if anyone.

Like I said, this is more experiment then anything.
    "I Burn!"

23. - Top - End - #1283

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I'd probably set up one for each of them, just to see who get's the support if anyone.

Like I said, this is more experiment then anything.
    Do you have a particular special snowflake you'd like to see rise from the grave Metahuman1? Your opinion of the general AoT story seems clear to me from your previous posts, but you have read a bit of it, is there someone you'd really like to see brought back? Marco? Perhaps Mike?

Why the heck did I randomly pick all the names that start with an 'm'?

On current AoT events:

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Kenny flip out on Rod Reiss and put a cap in his head, or will Rod ace Kenny for trying to betray him? Looking forward to it.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

Not particularly. I learned before Chapter 3 was over that investing in anyone in the series was only gonna make me upset and dropped the series. I had intended for that to be end of it, but, then if was freaking EVERYWHERE! And we've hashed this out before so I'll wrap up by leading back to "No, not really, no.".

See, here's kinda what I'm curious about. I know he's put it out there that there's about a 50% chance the ending the fans get will have been completely rewritten form scratch for no other reason then he 1) Looked at the money after the series finally beat One Piece in sales and 2) realized just how many people were gonna be so livid with him that they'd be teaching there great grandchildren to curse his name if he went with the original ending. I'm curious to see if the prospect of enough fan good grace and money can further seduce him into compromising his artistic integrity for the sake of cold, hard, cash and fan praise.

Kind of a dark thing to want to test? Maybe, depends really on how it plays out. After all, there's legitimate room for him to earn some of my respect back (At the moment he has 0 so, it wouldn't be much but it would still be far better then he has from me right now.), there's, just also a legitimate prospect in equal proportion to further validate my position.

Bearing in mind there's an equally legit possibility that either the above linked petition doesn't work in which case this idea is dead on arrival, or, that none of my list of petitions will get enough attention and signs and circulation to be even worth wasting his time with trying to send them his way. Those are both variables that could keep it from coming to pass that are outside my control.
    "I Burn!"

25. - Top - End - #1285

I think the weakness of the APMG makes a lot of sense. The 3DMG operates exclusively via handle controls and body movement (by that I mean how the handles have controls to adjust aim of the grappling hooks, and waist movement also aims, while one can easily use their body weight to steer). APMG fires the hooks from the handles, so it's obvious where you aim, you have to fire in the direction of your grappling hook so it'd be complivated to hit someone while using the hooks, and an outstretched arm appears the main way to aim, leaving one at risk for dismemberment. Also, I forget if it was listed as a weakness too, but the tanks being back-mounted are easier to hit than those on 3dmg.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I think the weakness of the APMG makes a lot of sense. The 3DMG operates exclusively via handle controls and body movement (by that I mean how the handles have controls to adjust aim of the grappling hooks, and waist movement also aims, while one can easily use their body weight to steer). APMG fires the hooks from the handles, so it's obvious where you aim, you have to fire in the direction of your grappling hook so it'd be complivated to hit someone while using the hooks, and an outstretched arm appears the main way to aim, leaving one at risk for dismemberment. Also, I forget if it was listed as a weakness too, but the tanks being back-mounted are easier to hit than those on 3dmg.
    They literally bring up the aiming issue in the manga, actually. So like, your point is very strong

27. - Top - End - #1287

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    They literally bring up the aiming issue in the manga, actually. So like, your point is very strong
    HAHA! CANON IS ON MY SIDE FOR ONCE! *looks in direction of the crash sites of the Wall State Ship FreckleHorse*
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

I think there's very much a balance of power idea going on in Attack on Titan, the Survey Corp are left to do whatever they want for the most part, they just keep depleting their numbers on expeditions. The APMG is very good at killing people, but only if they are ambushing and have clear line of sight, so the fight in the latest chapter really screws them over. The Military Police have better gear than everyone else and the best training, but they are loyal to the king, in small numbers and likely have little day-to-day practise like the Survey Corp.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I tend to think of it as the the MP having better equipment for fighting normal people, but they only think inside the box and they blindly follow the rules. And frankly I think there are more than a few cowards in the group. The SC is a bunch of OUT of the box thinkers who have a lot more experience and are a hell of a lot better (and braver) at their jobs then the MP's.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Pixie in the Playground

Really enjoyed the first season of the anime (haven gotten to the OVA yet), and still flip-flopping on whether or not I want to read the manga.