New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default any expansions to the board game?

any expansions in the works or a "battle map"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: any expansions to the board game?

if there was it would be cool to make it a 12 player game by adding linor guild as playableand adding tiles and monster cards. the liner guild would have diffrent overall objectives like killing thier rival rather than getting to the botttom of the dungen
    PM me for computer hardware advice/help.
    thanks to Simius for the awesome avatar
    cookies drawn by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that's a good idea. One of my friends wanted to play as Nale while I played as Elan. This doesn't bode well.

I also think it'd be fun to play as Redcloak or Xykon.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

ye it would be great

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: any expansions to the board game?

ah, I just had a few ideas for new schticks.

Durkon:Thor's Might. Maybe a single card, maybe two copies, but you could flip any schtick with "Thor's" in it's name, along withh cure assorted wounds to boost it. It would also flip when used, and be a big buff on Thor's hammer. Tree fear. Grants you a bonus agianst ambushs due to waryness

Belkar:Barbarian dip. Extra room of movement, and may flip to boost halfling rage.

V(abrivated for fear of buchtered spelling):Low hit points. You may flip to have another PC on the same floor take the hit from a monster for you. As long as you have it unfliped, you flee on the bottom two portraits.

Haley:ranks in search. Helps disarm traps, and gives a bonus to find stairs or Hidden Loot (an idea I'll explain later)

Elan:Another Bard song. Just saying.

Screw this cards: realzation of party need. No clue what it does, but based on Roy's response to 'Scream like a little girl.' Bandits kidnap! Moves one player to the bandit camp, and adds it to the board if needed, OR it could be a goal.

[hr]

Now onto the possible mechanics of the second expansion-Wooden Forest.
    Note:This is slightly based on the mechanics on Betral at The House on The Hill. Okay, a lot.

You enter the forest, at the mount parking area. This is like the Dungeon Intrace, in that there can be no battles, but that hardly makes it a safe haven. During setup, the bandit camp is found and removed from the pile of rooms. as you explore, certain areas require a spicific "depth" into the forest. This is the distance in number of rooms from the Mount Parking. This alows for a realisim to come from the bandit camp being way in the back, along with the dragon cave. But to first find the Bandit camp, you have to know about the bandits. When you find a 'Bandit Ambush' spot on the map, you get shot at. (more later, gotta go to bed.)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

i would like that character randy (in todays stip) be made in to a bonus card for the game and i would LOVE to have the board game version on my PSP

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think a twelve-player game would be a mite unwieldy. But more player options certainly wouldn't hurt things.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

If you wanted to add the Linear Guild, maybe you should do it in a way like the new Marvel Heroes game- let everyone play their normal character, plus they get a Linear Guild member to oppose one of the other characters that are playing. Or do some sort of time sharing between your two characters- one Linear Guild and one normal. This can introduce these new characters without adding a lot of drastic changes to the game.
    Arcade