New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 53

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

[OMF]

Stop to help - that must have hurt, maybe even doing real damage when they can move again - or go after the child now? Only a momentary hesitation, but enough to remind her that she's not, perhaps, as hardened as she thinks...

In any case, a second or two later, she darts off the direction she just came from, ball clutched in her hands. She understands the nature of the game here well enough now, and she's determined not to die.
    Determination will only go so far. The air is getting heavier. Running into it helps press it into one's lungs, but still, it moves so slowly. With every step, the Facility grows a little darker, she moves a little slower.

The child is just ahead, but keeps out of reach. Through the common area, down the hall, behind the reception desk, into the cafeteria. Not quite catcheable.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-07-01 at 05:28 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abrajin's Library

Kirin lets Xavier pull her around a bit, and is (of course) light enough that it isn't too hard. She's somewhat surprised at the cushy floor. "Thanks, but I cold have made that myself. Nice move!"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Shady Alley]

Screaming silently.

The silently part is important.

Whatever he's getting ravaged by seems to be horrifically painful, but aside from where the man is scratching at himself it doesn't seem to actually be causing any physical harm to him. There's no telling when he might-

Oh.

There.

He stopped and the ring faded away.

Now he's just curling up in a ball and whimpering.

The alley also smells of fresh urine now.

[Philip Memorial Library]

The Librarian looks at the newcomer in a dispassionate fashion. "Save for the Necronomicon all of those writings can be found in the public portion of the library. However, if you wish to read books found in the rare book room you must make a contribution."

He'll then go on to outline the same quest that he gave to the other crazy guy who showed up just a few pages back!

Looks like they don't let you read the Necronomicon for just any reason.

[Abrajin's Library]

All sorts of library posts today.

The opulent hallway is lined with doors about kingdoms. Kingdoms in the sense of animal classification, kingdoms in the sense of government, kingdoms in the sense of businesses with kingdom in their name...
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Shady Alley- Pretty Pastel Pony Pirates

"You, man. Are you still useful?" The captain will gently poke him in the ribs with the barrel of her flintlock pistol whilst Cinnamon Stick takes a step back.

Philip Memorial Library

The old man nods and will turn around slowly.

Unfortunately, I haven't been following the scene so I have no idea what the quest actually is.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #155

[Philip Memorial Library]

Oh fine, make Rebo go to the previous page and find it again.

*ahem*

"There is a red zone here in Arkham Street known as The Black Goat Woods. Somewhere within the confines of that cursed park there is a crypt where the Codex of Thuul has been laid to rest. Find it and return here with it," the Librarian says. "Whoever brings me the Codex will be given access to the rare book room."

Ooooh.

Sounds like a contest.

[Shady Alley]

The poor hoodlum whimpers some more.

He probably won't be in any condition to talk for a little while at least.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Philip Memorial Library --> Black Goat Woods

The old man nods and hobbles away, leaning heavily on his walking stick as he goes. His coat is rustling behind him.

Volley will try to search the man. She's aiming to swipe his wallet and most of his salt, which she'll try to destroy. She doesn't agree with ponies that rely on salt. Alcohol, however, is another matter entirely. She'll also take any jewellery or anything that looks like it might be valuable. His mobile phone, if he has one, is likely to be ignored because she and her crew are unfamiliar with the technology, so unless it's sparkly or Volley Shot accidentally turns it on she won't know it isn't just a lump of plastic.

7. - Top - End - #157

[Shady Alley]

The guy totally has a mobile phone.

But oddly enough no wallet.

Huh.

Weird.

Just lots of pockets in that big coat of his. None of which contain any money. Or anything else for that matter. It turns out that his various stashes seem to be pretty small. A lot smaller than one might expect.

He's too busy whimpering pathetically to protest.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

In that case, if there's so little of obvious value on him, Volley will take the phone. Also his coat, his shoes and any other items of clothing that are easily removed via telekinesis. She doesn't want to make a loss.

Also, Cinnamon has now counted Trog's out as a place to stay- they were asking him so they knew the ones to avoid, thinking he and some friends would come pay them a visit if he knew where they were staying.

9. - Top - End - #159

[Riftline Station]

And so the magical talking tiny horses acquire some more loot!

And presumably go back to the train station?

Or maybe not?

Rebo really doesn't know!

Though presumably Earl does.

There really isn't anything else of note in the alley aside from the now coat-less man and the unpleasant aromas coming from various unpleasant piles of refuse.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Riftline Station- Pretty Pastel Pony Pirates

They will indeed head back to the train station. They leave him where he is without killing him because murder attracts more attention than a mugging and they're confident in their abilities to defend themselves. Plus, Cap'n Volley Shot is uncomfortable about killing something that is incapable of fighting back. She'll shoot first, but generally only to avoid harm.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Ruler's Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal is lying face down at the moment, her arms still protecting her chest. Visual inspection reveals quite a bit of bruising and scratches on her upper arms and back. With a groan, she rolls over onto her back. Her forearms look worse, and one shows the telling marks of being broken.

She keeps her eyes closed for the moment. Since Shawna first approached her, the bruises have steadily shrunk in size.

I'll be okay. Not the worst I've had. Krystal opens her pure white eyes and looks at the naked paladin for a moment. Soon as my arm finishes healing, I'll let you borrow my shirt and pants.
    "You have a healing factor? Impressive," Shawna says. "And, thank you. It is a mere inconvienence for me however I would not want to be brought in for indecent exposure."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Interrogations: Red]

"No, trust me, if I was trying there wouldn't be much of a city left," Red observes. Completley straight-faced. "You'll probably find that all the property damage was to abandoned buildings scheduled for demolition anyway."

As there's a Giant Robot Collateral Damage Field that causes that kind of thing...
    "A crime is a crime, and reckless operation of a vehicle is still reckless even if the building you wrecked happens to be conveniently abandoned. What if someone had been squatting in it, for example? Hm?

But, regardless. Mr. Russel, how attached would you say you are to that machine of yours? I understand that for a lot of pilots, the answer would be 'very much so', especially those who seem to be rather prideful like yourself."
    This is an odd interrogation. Nothing relevant seems to have come up yet.

[Ruler's Plaza]

A cleanup crew in fancy futuristic hazard suits arrives via an Irregular aerial transport. They're probably there to deal with any radiation shenanigans. Because, you know.

Radiation is bad.

Unless anyone tries to talk to them they'll just unload from the transport and go about cleaning stuff up. It probably involves some technobabble about radiation absorbers and polarities and all that stuff.

It's probably odd, though, considering nobody actually saw Vyrn around as far as I know, and this would apparently be their first response to the whole thing. Weird!
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2013-07-02 at 01:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Atriol]

"Nah, if he doesn't want visitors, he'll just lock the doors."

Yuki nods in acknowledgement. "Yes, and fellow Watch member..."

Akira sighs, chuckling slightly. "While the first part I am unaware of, the second is because of Yukari-chan, is it not? Your reaction is normal, then. Most people not from Atriol find the constant surveillance disturbing."

"If you would feel better, I do have an area where she does not have influence. Would you care to go there?"
    [Atriol]

Mia just looks a bit angry at Yuki. She will remind that since Yuki might add the same way in Watch. So close the door every time.

"It would be best, I assume. I don't want to cause trouble by raising up a defence on my own."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    NO Office

Krayger pulls a large pen from his own bag and uses that. His thick, three-fingered hand have some trouble using normal-sized pens. Anyway, he provides his name, phone number, and the inn he currently stays at. He just writes (Clan name discarded) under surname. And if common info means what he's good at, this ends up being engineering, never getting lost without magical interference, and chopping things to bits with an axe. Fairly normal minotaur things.
    [NO Office]

"Alright, let me just deal with this." Kirk takes the paper and puts it into a scanner. As he fiddles with the computer on the desk he says, "So, have you done much mercenary work in the past?" His tone conversational.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Abrajin's Library

Kirin lets Xavier pull her around a bit, and is (of course) light enough that it isn't too hard. She's somewhat surprised at the cushy floor. "Thanks, but I cold have made that myself. Nice move!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Abrajin's Library]

All sorts of library posts today.

The opulent hallway is lined with doors about kingdoms. Kingdoms in the sense of animal classification, kingdoms in the sense of government, kingdoms in the sense of businesses with kingdom in their name...
    [Abrajin's Library]

"Heh, thank you. I've never had to do it so fast before." With another gesture, the floor returns to its normal state. Xavier helps Kirin to her feet, and after looking to make sure she isn't hurt, he looks around the hallway.

"This hall is much less useful than I would have hoped." And really speaks to the terrible layout of the place... if the switching gravity thing didn't do that already. "Maybe if we go into one of these there'll be another door somewhere else."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

NO Office

Krayger shrugs. "Pretty good amount amount, yeah. Salvaging from dangerous areas, clearing out infestations, expeditions. For some reason despite not trusting me enough to enter their businesses plenty of folks are confident in my ability to smash things. Not as much since crossing worlds; at least here people are more polite about it. "
    He says that as if he knows very well what the reason is.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

[NO Office]

"Ah yes. Well, that's people for you, eh? Sounds like you can take care of yourself, though." Kirk says. As he does, he finishes up at the computer. "Okay, now all we need is a picture and you'll be officially licenced by NO." Kirk leads the minotaur through the process of getting his photo taken. When that's done, Kirk heads though a door behind the desk and leaves Krayger to wait for a few minutes. When Kirk returns, he holds out a card. "There you go. Just present that whenever you need to prove we've licenced you."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

NO Office

Krayger avoids taking a terrible ID photo, but it's not exactly flattering either. Regardless he takes the card, scrutinizes it a bit, and then sticks it in his wallet.
    "Alright, then. Thanks for your help."
    And so unless Kirk has anything to add Krayger will leave him to his, ahem, "work."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Atriol]

Mia just looks a bit angry at Yuki. She will remind that since Yuki might add the same way in Watch. So close the door every time.

"It would be best, I assume. I don't want to cause trouble by raising up a defence on my own."
    [Atriol]

"...what?" Yuki gives Mia a genuinely confused look on his face. "Did I do something?"

Raising his hand into air, Akira opens up a large standing gateway that leads to what appears to be a tiny tropical island with a single house, surrounded by sparkling blue water. "I'm sure you two could talk it out later. Now, come. We can discuss things in my personal demiplane."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ruler's Plaza

Krystal slowly sits up, wincing a little as she does. Then she nods a little. Yeah, it comes in handy often enough. The swelling on her arm has gone down a bit already.

She offers her other hand out. Name's Krystal, by the way. Sorry for flying into you like that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

[OMF]

Stop to help - that must have hurt, maybe even doing real damage when they can move again - or go after the child now? Only a momentary hesitation, but enough to remind her that she's not, perhaps, as hardened as she thinks...

In any case, a second or two later, she darts off the direction she just came from, ball clutched in her hands. She understands the nature of the game here well enough now, and she's determined not to die.
    As she turns a corner (assuming there isn't a ridiculously long straight hallway), she'll hit an old man who is not, for some reason, frozen. He's short and Oriental-looking, with leathery skin, not as wrinkled as you might expect, and is wearing robes. He hasn't, however, subscribed to the long-droopy-moustache tradition of Old Masters. He's as solid as a rock, and doesn't even flinch as she runs into him. She'll probably land on the floor.

"Finally, someone who isn't frozen. I assume you're running after that child?"
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abrajin's Library

"Yeah... let's try the government one. The doors seem to be somewhat connected, so we should be able to daisy-chain our way to magic eventually."

Kirin heads toward that door, but if Xavier has a better plan she would probably listen.

22. - Top - End - #172

EMBOH Air Vault

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [EMBOH Air-Vault]

"Hey! Lemme go!"
    Getting snagged by a hideous cyborg wasn't on the little speedy...wingless pixie's agenda for the day, it it displays this rather clearly.
    Mostly by biting at Magtok's fingers before it gets chucked off the vault.

"I am not sure. I think you should have given him a chance. Maybe he could have been amusing."
    To Libby, if no one else.

Of course, she's still trying to pretend she's not actually helping him (which...she hasn't done at all so far, has she?), so quipping at her partner's choices are the best her role can offer.
    She's really good at being a background voice.

And there was no rocket to notice!
    Mostly because they were still getting the launcher.
    "Hey, how do you turn this thing on?"
    "The blue button, dummy. Did you pay attention at all during the briefing?"
    "...yes?"

A puff of smoke from below and what seems to be some impossibly electrified rocket is launched their way.
    How does that even work? There's nothing for the electricity to arc to.
    "The arcanotech would be slightly more impressive if the wielders didn't appear to be deliberately incompetent."

"I can't say I'm not more than a little disappointed by the quality of superhuman we have on display here, yeah."

The cyborg pales, knowing full well what Tesla cannons, EMP grenades, RPPs (Rocket-Propelled-Pikachus) and the like are capable of doing to his circuitry. He puts a hand to his wrist, and reluctantly relays an order to the enormous ship carrying the vault up and away.

"Ground Control to Major Tom, we have a situation down here, switch to evasive maneuvers! Libby, I strongly recommend you hold on to some-"

Aaaaaaaaaaugh! Magtok is immediately thrown against one of the vaults walls, the entirety of the thing swaying in the air as their escape craft tries to abruptly twist out of the way of the rocket! He promptly falls to the ground, and then crashes against the opposite wall, before finally remembering one of the shiny new features of his particular brand of MagClone. He activates the magnet-boots, hoping against hope he won't have to actually try walking or anything until this nightmare is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #173

{]And Now For Something Completely Different[}

[Hodgepodge Street - Fountain Way]

Ever seen a street fountain before?

The middle of the broad footpath is a garishly colored rubbery material that provides traction even when soaking wet and a soft landing in case someone trips. Little jets of water are installed below it and spout spurts high into the air irregularly, filling the hot summer sky with iridescent mist. And there at the nexus of the fountains is a large public pool with a truly majestic geyser dominating it.

Fountain Way is another recent arrival to the City. And it was only a matter of time before it was discovered by teeming children and businesses wishing to take advantage of the money of said children's parents. Push carts have set up out of the reach of the spraying water and splashing children selling all fashion of summer treats.

Kids of all races dance about in the water, laughing and making merry. Parents play with their children or lounge in the sun outside beyond the range of the joyful ruckus.

Come take a dip in the water! Run through the fountains! Buy a hot dog! Have some fun! Enjoy the pool party!

[Abrajin's Library]

Through the door on political kingdoms they go!

Beyond is a massive room painted to appear as though it is outside. And in the midst of the chamber? A enormous model of a castle! Made of books. Tiny clockwork people inhabit the castle and its surrounding lands. And every now and again everything rearranges to represent a different kingdom.

It's all rather fascinating.

Up until some tiny knights move to surround our heroes.

"Halt!" one yells up at them in an equally tiny voice. "You trespass on the lands of King Steve!"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Market Street]

It is a nice day out and Market Street is crowded with people shopping and browsing. Among the crowd of people Angie and Jay wander together, chatting and looking at the wares layed out for sale. Angie is wearing a light silk dress, blue with a wave like pattern on it, her arms uncharacteristically bare. Jay is dressed in tight blue jeans, with a white cotton shirt and deep purple vest over that. Both look like they are fairly wealthy, Angie actually wearing a old fashioned belt pouch with coins in it.

Of the two Jay has a harder time blending into the crowd. Her head swivles around fairly often as she tries to keep an eye on her surrondings at all time. She gives off a wary air and her hand is rarely far from her conceled dagger. Angie does a better job of looking more nonchalant. Though she occasionally looks through the crowd looking for the third of their group.

Ken a skinny teenager didn't come to the street with Angie and Jay, he beat them here by a few hours. He has been mingling and observing for awhile now, searching for someone or something as discretly as possible.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Mist Anders walks through the streets, hands in the pockets of his dark coat. It seems the summer heat hasn't reached here yet. He's wearing lighter pants, but no shoes on his foot-paws. He's mingling quite well. If he wasn't one of the only people here with a muzzle he'd barely stick out at all.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

[Abrajin's Library]

"Oh, well we were just passing through." Xavier exchanges a look with Kirin. Well this is odd. "We didn't mean to trespass in your kingdom here."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Market Street]

Angie and Jay wander around the booths, looking at clothing, jewlery, even buying a few odd looking fruits from one cart filled with exotic looking foods. They munch on their fruit as they make their way over to watch a juggler with a small crowd gathered around him.

If Mist isn't careful he might run into a pickpocket making his way around the crowded street. Esspecially if he has any thing of obvious worth showing on his person. The pickpocket, a half-elf fellow, is actually a pretty good pickpocket, who has a decent amount of experaince working this street.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Mist's coat looks pretty nice, and he is wearing a half-decent watch and a small silver pendant on a leather loop. Still, common sense would probably point out that he's a terrible mark. His waving tail makes his hard to get behind him, and his nose and ears make it easy to tell if someone's getting close to him.
    That being said, if the half-elf does go for him as Mist stops to look at some wares, unless he's completely silent and there's enough half-elves around to cover his smell Mist will just sidestep him as he gets close, making it look coincidental.
    If he's very, very good Mist's coat pockets contain a steel pencil case and a number of small knives. His wallet and phone are in his pants pockets, which are well covered by his coat.

29. - Top - End - #179

Misspelled cematary

A crusader would walk nearby to the "cematary"'s gates, slightly curious about the whole place, but also wondering why is it in such a bad state, maybe it'd be something he would have to fix around.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

[The Mispelled Cemetary]

Funny thing about the various Red Zones of Inside. There is plenty of warning before you arrive in one of them. Not exactly the sort of place that is easy to stumble into. Especially since Irregular and Remnant guards are typically stationed around the area to make sure that awful things don't come leaking out into the (relatively) peaceful parts of the City.

Anywho!

The cemetery itself is fairly standard. Rickety old cast iron gate surrounding it. Crumbling headstones and ancient crypts. Phosphorescent green fog drifting just above the rotting earth. Dead trees with gnarled branches swaying in the fell wind.

And, of course, the unded that are staggering about.

It's Tuesday, and that means degenerated, crumbling skeletens are shambling about aimlessly, many of them clutching shovels or picks in their boney hands.