New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: High School Harem Comedy (Game System, PEACH)

Small update time!

-Added new personality: "Half-Foreign"
    -Added new classes: "Sensei-chan" and "Miko."

I'm a little dissatisfied with the advantage selection for "Half-Foreign" and some of the other newer personalities/classes, so I might go through and try to flesh them out a bit more, too. The bokukko personality is likely coming in the next update, perhaps along with a yamato nadeshiko personality.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Finally, a game developer who listens to the players!

A thousand thanks, A Rainy Knight. You have been most gracious.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Any rules for character development? I mean, I wouldn't expect a D&D style leveling system or anything, but perhaps characters can change over the course of the game.

For instance, a character could rack up the yandere traits as his/her obsession with protagonist-kun grows.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    High School Harem Comedy

There’s a new transfer student in class! He’s a handsome and well-meaning young man, but a bit inexperienced when it comes to love. Unfortunately for his studies, from the very first day of classes, he finds himself positively surrounded by gorgeous young women, each interested in making him hers and hers alone! His school life is about to get a lot noisier, funnier, and bouncier in the middle of this showdown between girlish lovers…

High School Harem Comedy is a rules-light game system aimed at facilitating a fun storytelling and roleplaying experience in the vein of harem anime. The Game Master (GM) takes on the role of a hapless harem protagonist while the players take on the roles of his prospective lovers, trying to befriend, impress, and arouse the protagonist with their unique charms.

An Overview of Gameplay
    [SPOILER]A game is divided into episodes. Each episode is a self-contained adventure in which the protagonist and the girls have some kind of interesting experience in their high school life, whether it be a regular day of classes, afterschool club activities, a gift-giving holiday, or a trip to the beach or hot springs on summer vacation.

Each episode consists of the GM confronting the players with a series of scenes which present opportunities for the girls to win Victory Points (VP) via the four rolls: Allure, Conflict, Luck, and Skill. A scene might present multiple roll for the girls to choose between – for instance, during their trip to the beach, the girls might be able to pick between using Allure to get the protagonist to rub lotion on their back, using Conflict to set the other girls adrift on the riptide, using Luck to cause a wardrobe malfunction in front of the protagonist, or using Skill to impress the protagonist with incredible watermelon-splitting ability. These scenes might involve rolling against a challenge of fixed difficulty or using opposed rolls in a competition between the girls. Success in these scenes awards either varying amounts of VP or bonuses such as modifiers to rolls in upcoming scenes and access to scenes with more VP at stake, and the girl with the highest VP at the end of the episode is declared the “winner” of the episode. In the event of a tie, a tiebreaker challenge can be held or victory can be awarded to multiple girls.
    Apparently you have never played "Teenagers From Outer Space." Too bad because you could have saved yourself a lot of work.

This is a perfect scenario for that game.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the lack of activity. I probably won't have the time to do a good playtest of this soon, so I'm sort of letting this rest on the back burner. I could always pick it up later if I felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durazno View Post
    Any rules for character development? I mean, I wouldn't expect a D&D style leveling system or anything, but perhaps characters can change over the course of the game.

For instance, a character could rack up the yandere traits as his/her obsession with protagonist-kun grows.
    I've considered it, but I don't have a good idea of how to implement it yet - probably either just picking up more advantages from your current character type, or also giving the option to branch out into other types.

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Apparently you have never played "Teenagers From Outer Space." Too bad because you could have saved yourself a lot of work.

This is a perfect scenario for that game.

Debby
    Hmm, I've heard of it but don't know anything about it.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Always playing a yandere. Always.
    ...Are you me? Are you... trying to vy Protagonist-kun's attention from me...?

*Holds knife.*
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    ...Are you me? Are you... trying to vy Protagonist-kun's attention from me...?

*Holds knife.*
    That's not a knife, THIS is a Knife

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Still patiently waiting for the bokukko, by the way.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

It crossed my mind that this is one game where a GM's Pet NPC would actually be hilarious and appropriate. Imagine it: a Childhood Best Friend or scheming Yandere who just slightly outclasses the player characters and serves as a constant obstacle and embuggerance for our cast. The "harem" might not see eye to eye, but all of them can agree this hated character shouldn't get Protagonist-kun and cooperate to keep him/her away.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Still patiently waiting for the bokukko, by the way.
    Done! Well, for the time being, at least. The advantages are a little vague for my liking, but it's there, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Durazno View Post
    It crossed my mind that this is one game where a GM's Pet NPC would actually be hilarious and appropriate. Imagine it: a Childhood Best Friend or scheming Yandere who just slightly outclasses the player characters and serves as a constant obstacle and embuggerance for our cast. The "harem" might not see eye to eye, but all of them can agree this hated character shouldn't get Protagonist-kun and cooperate to keep him/her away.
    The general concept of a cooperative challenge is interesting. I'll think about how I could come up with a good way to encourage all the girls to work together at times within the overall competitive framework of the game.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

This looks interesting, I would be interested in trying this.

I feel like there should be a class centered around loving animals. Maybe advantages would involve using her animal friends to help for various purposes.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-07-18 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

What I wait the most is the male equivalent of the classes, actually. I want to see what can you cook up for those.

Some work as well as both male and female of course. Yandere always work both ways
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

This idea does sound quite interesting.

I've watched a few harem animes, and as of yet, the only one I've liked has been Shuffle! The reason for that was in part because the series had likable characters and allowed protagonist-kin to act intelligently and with initiative occasionally, but most importantly because it allowed other things to happen besides just the romance, allowing things to stay fresh. I'd probably try to run a game like this in the same manner: with the group exploring fantastical and possibly dangerous things in between school scenes, allowing them to make discoveries about the world and solve problems (while still trying to stay attractive to Protagionist-kun, of course).

Reading through the recruitment thread you are planning to DM, I had an idea. You mentioned that the advantage selection was a little narrow, and I thought a character could be more fleshed out with one more category of advantages: race!

But Komodo, this is anime, not D&D! There aren’t orcs, or dwarves, or half-dragons. How could you possibly shove race into this, and how would you get advantages out of it?

I’m glad you asked! I took inspiration from the aforementioned Shuffle! And, just because I’m so nice, and because I have way too much free time, I wrote up a little concept list. These probably would only work in a setting with fantastical elements next to the mundane ones, but then again, those were what I appreciated most about Shuffle. So, without further ado, I hope these help!

Races
    Spoiler
    Show
    Human
    Spoiler
    Show
    “We’ve traveled through so many worlds, Protagionist-kun…but no matter where you end up, I hope we’re together.”

As a human, there’s nothing particularly special about you. You’re of normal strength, normal stature, and you probably haven’t practiced much magic…but then again, when so much weird stuff is happening, something familiar is comforting. After all, who understands a human better than another human? And who understands Protagionist-kun better than you?

Fantastic Exploration: When exploring a fantastical world, creature, or concept (firsthand, not just learning about it), you may add a +2 to Skill rolls when working with the Protagonist.

Back Off, Creature: Twice per episode, you may add +2 to Conflict rolls against inhuman opponents.

Mundane Target: The fantastical and magical universe just won’t seem to leave you alone. Add +2 to luck rolls involving you being targeted by supernatural elements.

Familiar Beauty: Supernatural creatures can’t compete with the beauty Protagionist-Kun grew up with. Ignore any negative modifiers to opposed Allure rolls against non-human opponents

God/Angel
    Spoiler
    Show
    “The lights of heaven are so beautiful. The only thing missing is you.”

While you may not be an omnipotent creator of worlds, and you may not wield a flaming sword, you do come from the celestial realms: a place of beauty, opalescence, peace, and wealth. You likely have experience with healing magics, and an aura of peace and tranquility surrounds you. Protagonist-kun cannot help but be attracted to you, but if his eyes wander, you can share.

Ethereal Beauty: Your aura naturally attracts everyone around you, including Protagonist-kun. You may add a +2 to an Allure roll, but the crowd you attract costs you -1 on your next two rolls

The World of the Gods is a Polygamist Society: Twice an episode, you can grant a +2 bonus to another character’s roll. If they receive Victory Points as a result, you also receive an equal number.

Healing Magic: Add +2 to any skill roll involving medicine.

Demon
    Spoiler
    Show
    “There’s no light where I come from…and certainly nobody like you, Protagionist-kun.”

What Protagonist-kun calls the Underworld, you call home. Your race tends to be cold and socially awkward around other races, but you do have a tencancy to know just the right word to say sometimes. Your race has a long-standing tradition of Dark Magic. Between the powerful history of your race and your own silver tongue, you’re certain you can attract the Protagionist.

Dark Magic: So many problems can be solved with energy bolts. Twice an episode, you may treat a failed Conflict roll as a success. However, as dark magic frightens the Protagonist, you take a -2 penalty on your next Allure check.

From a World of Shadow: You are sensitive to bright light. Twice an episode, you may add a +2 to Luck rolls to attract the Protagionist’s sympathies in well-lit areas. You always gain this bonus when exposed to light bright enough to bother non-demons.

Socially Awkward: As you shrink away from cultural misunderstanding, you attract the sympathies of others, especially Protagionist-kun. Twice an episode, you may add a +2 to an Allure roll after losing an opposed Conflict roll.

Monster Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Would you please scratch behind my ears, Protagonist-kun? Oh…that’s nice…purrrrr…”

What’s Protagonist-kun’s favorite animal? The answer is “You.” Whether you have fluffy tails, scales, or feathers, your animalistic charms are sure to win his affections.

Let’s Cuddle: What does it mean when Protagonist-kun is sitting down? It means he wants you to rest your head on his lap. +1 on Allure rolls when the Protagonist is resting.

Natural Hunter: You know where Protagonist-kun’s been, you know when he’s alone, and you know the best way in there. Twice an episode, you may apply a +2 to Luck rolls to walk in on the protagonist, or get him to walk in on you.

Raised in the Woods: You didn’t grow up among people, and what many consider common knowledge is strange to you. However, you always bounce back from your failures. If you fail a Skill roll, you can take the margin of your failure and add it to your next roll, so long as it is not another Skill roll.

Android
    Spoiler
    Show
    “How may I service you, Protagonist-kun?”

You are programmed to serve your Master’s needs, and are equipped with the talents and equipment to accomplish any order. You are always present to serve, and quickly learn his exact preferences. It is inconceivable that your affections for him would not be reciprocated.

Efficiency: You are programmed to accomplish your tasks for you master’s maximum satisfaction. No more than twice an episode, succeeding at any three rolls in a row will earn you an extra two Victory Points.

She Tore Off My Arm!: You may detach a body part after a failed Conflict roll. This grants you a +2 to Luck Checks to attract sympathy, but a -2 to all other rolls until the limb is reattatched.

Programmed Knowledge: Add a +2 to Skill checks that involve pure knowledge or academics.
    There are no impossible encounters. There is only inadequate preparation.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Two cents from the peanut gallery - those species are really neat, and they expand the genres that this game could represent handily. They're also easy to refluff to fit an even wider range of settings, like using the angel entry for an elf or alien of otherworldly beauty. I really like "Let's Cuddle" as an ability, and have known people who I now suspect are part fox.

I just have two thoughts:

Some of the abilities make assumptions about protagonist-kun. After all, what if s/he's a black magic otaku (demon's Dark Magic) or shuns the mundane world as boring (human's Familiar Beauty)? It's possible that some might need alternate penalties. (In part this plays off on your point about Shuffle!: If we want the protagonist to take initiative now and again, s/he probably shouldn't be a blank slate, and might be very different between games.)

The fluff of the android entry bothers me a little. I get that the fluff can change wildly between games and probably will, but if an android is going to participate in a romance, it might be better to place the baseline somewhere other than "was built and programmed to serve Protagonist-kun and has nothing else going on," you know?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I found another archetype you might want to consider adding. The "Yankee."
    Or school thug, for those of you who don't know.

They didn't used to be popular for harems, but they've picked up a bit in the last couple years. Plus they'd be good for a reverse harem game.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

@Elricaltovilla: I think that might be covered by the Sukeban class. I might be missing some of the particulars, but the concepts seem very similar.

@Durazno: thanks for the feedback. I see what you mean, particularly about the Android. I probably slanted that description a bit toward "robot maid" specifically, since that was the focus of the anime I had to watch to get the image. While "android servant who falls for master" is a perfectly legitimate concept, especially for the genre, it's by no means the only one available to androids. That one could stand a refluff.

As for the other two: I realize how those might be seen as assuming on the protagonist, but I did try to make them more universal. The idea about Dark Magic is that it's universally frightening, even to those familiar or fascinated by it (think of it like discovering your girlfriend has radioactivity powers: you might be fascinated and want to learn more, but you still wouldn't want to get too close). As for Familiar Beauty, that one could stand a rewrite. My goal was to show that, in the midst of the fantastic and exotic, the familiar can be a steady anchor.

I won't make any changes to my list until ARK has a chance to give feedback, but thanks again!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

@Fri Mmm, I'm thinking about that. Some are pretty easy, like sukeban -> banchou or meganekko -> megane, but others I'll probably have to find some way to refluff the game mechanics, like the miko.

@Elricaltovilla A sukeban is essentially a female banchou (leader of a group of delinquents), so I think that covers the "delinquent" archetype.

@Komodo First of all, thanks for going to the trouble of coming up with those for me! I had thought about adding some sort of variant system on top of the existing game to accommodate supernatural harems, and I think that's a feasible way of doing it.

That said, I would probably change a few things about what you've come up with before I added it on to the system. My general philosophy is that the non-universal advantages should be on a generally equal power level and that there shouldn't be two advantages that do the same thing (of course, it's easy for me to remember what's already been done since I wrote all of them!). With that in mind, I'd alter the following advantages:

Human's Mundane Target seems strictly smaller in scope than Shrinking Violet's Vulnerable for the same bonus. It could be made stronger or broader, or Vulnerable could be toned down in a supernatural game.

Demon's Socially Awkward has limited uses per day and is otherwise the same as Half-Foreign's Colorful Cursing.

Android's Programmed Knowledge is very close to Meganekko's Honor Student.

At any rate, I think you have some pretty good ideas there. I'm a little occupied getting the upcoming game up and running at the moment, but I think these would be an excellent starting point to add a system like this to the game. Some additional supernatural types I might suggest would be witch, vampire, and yuki-onna (like in Rosario + Vampire) or space alien (like in To Love-Ru).

Also: Half-Foreign and Bokukko each just got a new advantage.
    Last edited by A Rainy Knight; 2013-07-19 at 09:48 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Just gotta say, I love this thread.

Oh, and on races: If you're gonna add race into it, I think you need to have an alien option.

Edit:
    Also, if the sukeban is a gang leader, maybe there should be an advantage that allows you to take advantage of your subordinates? You know, extra manpower. Maybe you can use them to distract/interfere with the competition, or gain a bonus on luck rolls to find the protagonist, or just treat your subordinates as a singular entity that can act as a second you in some cases.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2013-07-19 at 01:55 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry, but every time I think of aliens in anime, I just keep thinking of 'Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl'. XD

Also, I still think there should be an animal lover class.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

@Komodo: That's a good point about the dark magic, particularly if it manifests in a gruesome or startling way. In fact, seeing Protagonist-kun's attitude flip might be a story beat.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

I just started to have Ninja High School flash backs....

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Oh, and on races: If you're gonna add race into it, I think you need to have an alien option.
    Asrial...

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Also, if the sukeban is a gang leader, maybe there should be an advantage that allows you to take advantage of your subordinates? You know, extra manpower. Maybe you can use them to distract/interfere with the competition, or gain a bonus on luck rolls to find the protagonist, or just treat your subordinates as a singular entity that can act as a second you in some cases.
    Rival-san Lendo...
    Last edited by Mutazoia; 2013-07-19 at 11:59 PM.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
    @Durazno: thanks for the feedback. I see what you mean, particularly about the Android. I probably slanted that description a bit toward "robot maid" specifically, since that was the focus of the anime I had to watch to get the image. While "android servant who falls for master" is a perfectly legitimate concept, especially for the genre, it's by no means the only one available to androids. That one could stand a refluff.
    Wouldn't happen to be "Saber Marionette J" by any chance would it?
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutazoia View Post
    Wouldn't happen to be "Saber Marionette J" by any chance would it?
    Actually, it was something called Koharu Biyori. I'm not going to link to it, but its simple enough to find. Perhaps I could find a better image for an android, too.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Anime android girl, huh? Magical Pokaan wasn't a terrific show, but Aiko has a pretty cute design. Chachamaru from Negima might be a good choice, too.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

You know, the strangest thing about this idea...is that it makes perfect sense. A game where the PCs are fighting to pick up some guy is just about the third-strangest idea I've heard, but a lot of anime uses just a hint of this to go a long way.

Which reminds me, I watched some Code Lyoko yesterday, and while it's not mainly about a harem going after a guy...well, Orik's got an interesting romantic life as of the first 15 or so episodes...
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

Maybe instead of including magical option on the regular list, maybe they should be like, an expansion. So, the DM can pick and choose what things are available. For example, magic is real, so you can play magic-related races and classes, but no aliens or super-scientists.

Also, a barrage of ideas:
    Races: Elf, Fairy, Ghost
    Normal Classes: Animal Lover, Techie (hacker/gadget lover)
    Supernatural Classes: Magician and/or Witch, Scientist (madness optional), Hunter (of various magical things), Ninja, Samurai, Captain (or other superior officer)
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2013-07-20 at 02:05 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Idea for an advantage for Meganekko

Tabletop Gamer: 1/day, the Meganekko can call on her knowledge of gaming tropes to cause one of a number of effects.

However, I have no idea what these effects might be, or nerfs for this power, so please give me some feedback.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2013-07-20 at 10:08 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Alright. Because I'm so nice, I went ahead and expanded my race list...and then, because I am insane, I also went back over my list of advantages and completely reworked it. *headdesk* I added the Vampire, Alien, and Witch races, and tried to make it so that every race had at least four advantages to choose from.

I think this goes without saying, but ARK? All this is suggestions. You are free to alter/delete anything that you don't think will work.

Without further ado...

PS: Things in RED are things that have been changed or added. If I changed the fluff, but left the advantage as it is, I left it black.

Races
    Spoiler
    Show
    Human
    Spoiler
    Show
    “We’ve traveled through so many worlds, Protagonist-kun…but no matter where you end up, I hope we’re together.”

As a human, there’s nothing particularly special about you. You’re of normal strength, normal stature, and you probably haven’t practiced much magic…but then again, when so much weird stuff is happening, something familiar is comforting. After all, who understands a human better than another human? And who understands Protagonist-kun better than you?

Fantastic Exploration: When exploring a fantastical world, creature, or concept (firsthand, not just learning about it), you may add a +2 to Skill rolls when working with the Protagonist.

Back Off, Creature: Twice per episode, you may add +2 to Conflict rolls against inhuman opponents.

Weirdness Magnet: Strange things happen to you, and the world of magic won’t seem to leave you alone. After failing an Allure, Skill, or Conflict Roll, you may change the modifier to treat it as a Luck Roll. If this makes it a success, something strange yet oddly fortunate will happen (examples: spell misfiring, meteor impact, elephant stampede. How these turn toward your favor is up to the creativity of the GM).

Familiar Beauty: Supernatural creatures can try to outshine you, but a fellow human can find comfort in the well-recognized among the strange and exotic. Ignore any negative modifiers to opposed Allure rolls against non-human opponents.

God/Angel
    Spoiler
    Show
    “The lights of heaven are so beautiful. The only thing missing is you.”

While you may not be an omnipotent creator of worlds, and you may not wield a flaming sword, you do come from the celestial realms: a place of beauty, opalescence, peace, and wealth. You likely have experience with healing magics, and an aura of peace and tranquility surrounds you. Protagonist-kun cannot help but be attracted to you, but if his eyes wander, you can share.

Ethereal Beauty: Your aura naturally attracts everyone around you, including Protagonist-kun. You may add a +2 to an Allure roll, but the crowd you attract costs you -1 on your next two rolls

The World of the Gods is a Polygamist Society: Twice an episode, you can grant a +2 bonus to another character’s roll. If they receive Victory Points as a result, you also receive an equal number.

Healing Magic: Add +2 to any skill roll involving medicine.

Pacifist: Deliberately fail an opposed Conflict Roll to receive a +2 to your next non-Conflict roll

Demon
    Spoiler
    Show
    “There’s no light where I come from…and certainly nobody like you, Protagonist-kun.”

What Protagonist-kun calls the Underworld, you call home. Your race is separate from all others, which tends to lead to awkwardness or coldness toward foreign customs, but you make up for it with tempting persuasiveness and a penchant for Dark Magic. Between the powerful history of your race and your own silver tongue, you’re certain the Protagonist won't be able to resist you.

Dark Magic: It's amazing how many problems can be solved with energy bolts. Twice an episode, you may treat a failed Conflict roll as a success. However, as dark magic frightens the Protagonist, you take a -2 penalty on your next Allure check. Dark Magic also can be used as an on-hand scary weapon for a Yandere's Armed and Dangerous Advantage.

From a World of Shadow: You are sensitive to bright light. Twice an episode, you may add a +2 to Luck rolls to attract the Protagonist’s sympathies in well-lit areas. You always gain this bonus when exposed to light bright enough to bother non-demons.

Temptress: You know just what to say to get people to do what you want. Add +2 to Allure Rolls to convince the Protagonist to do something he might not otherwise.

Unfamiliar with Your Strange Customs: Many tasks most humans find mundane or at least familiar (ie: Cooking, swimming, dancing, or cleaning) are never performed in the underworld. You may take a -1 on an appropriate Skill Roll to gain a +1 on your next Allure or Luck Roll.

Monster Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Would you please scratch behind my ears, Protagonist-kun? Oh…that’s nice…purrrrr…”

What’s Protagonist-kun’s favorite animal? The answer is “You.” Whether you have fluffy tails, scales, or feathers, your animalistic charms are sure to win his affections.

Let’s Cuddle: What does it mean when Protagonist-kun is sitting down? It means he wants you to rest your head on his lap. +1 on Allure rolls when the Protagonist is resting.

Natural Hunter: You know where Protagonist-kun’s been, you know when he’s alone, and you know the best way in there. Twice an episode, you may apply a +2 to Luck rolls to walk in on the protagonist, or get him to walk in on you.

Raised in the Woods: You didn’t grow up among people, and what many consider common knowledge is strange to you. However, you always bounce back from your failures. If you fail a Skill roll, you can take the margin of your failure and add it to your next roll, so long as it is not another Skill roll.

Danger Sense: Your naturally keen senses keep you alert at all times. Add a +1 to Combat Rolls against opponents who attempt to sneak up on you, and ignore penalties on any rolls for being surprised.

Android
    Spoiler
    Show
    “How may I service you, Protagonist-kun?”

You look completely human, and act human as well, but beneath all that you are mechanical. However, this does not turn your thoughts away from love. Quite the contrary, it only strengthens it, as you were designed to serve and protect and be cared for. Regardless of whether that service was maid work or experimental warfare, you now have Protagonist-kun to offer your service to, and a massive library of augments and programmed skills with which to serve him.

Efficiency: The key to your charm lies in accomplishing tasks better than humans can. Succeeding at any three rolls in a row will earn you an extra Victory Point.

She Tore Off My Arm!: You may detach a body part. This grants you a +2 to Luck Checks for sympathy, but a -2 to all other rolls until the limb is reattached. Only you can remove the limb in this manner, but anyone can easily pop it back in. You remain in control of the part, but be careful that a rival doesn't steal it!

Learning Processor: You are able to configure any task just to Protagonist-kun's liking. Add +1 to a Skill Roll for each time you have previously attempted that skill or something extremely close to it (GM’s discretion) to a maximum of +2.

Artificial Body: Your model more resilient to damage than ordinary humans. Add +1 to Combat Rolls in which you are defending. You cannot use this bonus with a detached body part.

Alien
    Spoiler
    Show
    “What a beautiful planet you live on, Protagonist-kun…perhaps I could show you mine, someday?”

Perhaps you were pursued by intergalactic bounty hunters. Perhaps you are a scientist on an exploration mission, or the last survivor of your homeworld. Whatever the case may be, you’ve travelled across the galaxy to arrive at earth, only to find yourself falling for this strange human. Of course, there are several other humans vying for his attention too, but why would he choose them over you? You have a galaxy’s worth of stories to tell, a wealth of information to share to humanity, and a spaceship. None of those other girls have a spaceship, do they, Protagonist-kun?

Teleporter: You have your ways of getting into places you wouldn’t be expected. You must first set up the transport by being alone in the targeted area (ie, the protagonist’s bathroom) for at least five minutes. After that, you may add +2 to Luck Rolls to appear in fortunate situations when you teleport.

Xenotech: At your command are a few gadgets that this planet won’t invent for a few more centuries. However, this also means that they will need to be sent back up to your ship to recharge. At the start of the episode, tell the GM what Roll your device is made to enhance. This device has four charges for a +1 bonus to that Roll that you may use one at a time (Four +1’s) or all at once (A single +4) or any other combination of bonuses for a sum total of four. Once used up, the device must be sent to the ship to recharge until the next episode.

Alien Buddy: You brought along a loyal critter from your homeworld. Whatever it looks like, it is certainly A) small, B) cute, and C) capable of levitation. It is able to perform tasks for you, although its competence is questionable. If you are presented with a scenario with multiple options, your Buddy may be assigned to one while you do the other, with you receiving the results of both rolls. Your buddy does not have any of your strengths, weaknesses, or advantages, takes a -2 on all rolls, and must return to the spaceship for the episode after losing a Conflict roll. Your Buddy cannot be attacked unless separated from you. This ability stacks with the Genki’s Hypercharged ability.

I Have A Spaceship!: If you can convince the other contestants to let you transport the group somewhere in your spaceship, you receive a +2 to two separate Allure Rolls for the remainder of the episode because your spaceship is just that cool. A Sensei-chan may use her Insane Driver advantage in conjunction with this.

Witch
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Hop on my broomstick and let’s fly away, Protagonist-kun!”

You have been trained to expand your spirit beyond the limitations of your body, and to bend nature to your whim. You can’t bend the Protagonist’s love toward you…at least, not yet, but if you could find the right mushrooms for this potion…

Broomstick Flight: Not only is it a lovely way to get around, it’s also a perfect way for you to “accidentally” give Protagonist-kun a look at your panties! +1 to Allure Rolls in wide outdoor spaces where flying would be appropriate, and +2 if you can get him to ride with you!

Charm: You know how to get things to work in your favor. If you are able to spend five minutes, just five, alone with Protagonist-kun, then you can twist fate to bring you closer together! You earn two +2 bonuses to separate Luck Rolls for the episode.

Curse: Oh, they’ll get theirs. Before setting this up, you must collect “necessary materials” (hair, usually, although panties are also popular spell components) by either winning a Conflict Roll against your target or winning a Skill Roll to steal them secretly. You may then force the target to take three -2 penalties on separate rolls in the episode. You may cast no more than two curses per episode.

Herbalist: You may add a +2 bonus to any Skill Roll involving working with plants, including cooking a vegetarian meal.

Vampire
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Share your warmth with me, Proagonist-kun…I promise not to bite…without permission…”

The touch of undeath has not spoiled your beauty, although it has made it hard to be around people without trying to bite them. However, the protagonist has captured your still heart, and you could never bring yourself to drink his blood…well, not all of it anyway…he just tastes so sweet!

Bloodlust: You want it, you need it…and when it’s available, you can’t resist it. You take a -2 penalty to Allure and Skill Rolls in the presence of blood (papercuts and nosebleeds are common triggers), but also earn a +2 to Luck and Conflict.

Strength of the Grave: Your strength is beyond that of normal humans. Add a +1 to Conflict Rolls in which you are the aggressor, and ignore penalties on the roll.

Dominate: Those other bloodbags surrounding Protagonist-kun? They aren’t your opponents…they’re your pawns. If you win an opposed conflict roll, you can force another character to perform an action in your stead. You may force your thrall to activate any appropriate advantages, she takes a -1 penalty as she resists you, and you receive any Victory Points rewarded if she succeeds. You may not take any other actions while dominating them unless you use the Genki’s Hypercharged advantage, in which case you may take one action with the normal Hypercharge penalty while your thrall obeys your command.

Bat Form: You can turn into a small, fluffy, winged creature. You gain a +1 bonus to Allure rolls, as well as a +2 bonus to any rolls to hide or run away, but you also take a -2 to Conflict Rolls, and lose any other bonuses to Conflict, including those granted by Bloodlust or Strength of the Grave.

True Form: You may call upon your true monstrous form. This grants you a +4 to a single Skill or Conflict roll, but you lose control over yourself. For the remainder of the scene, your actions are under the control of the GM, and there’s no telling what the Protagonist would think of you when you’re like that…
    Last edited by Komodo; 2013-07-20 at 06:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The new android description is much better. I like how you emphasize the reciprocal relationship.

Is the alien pic a Namekian?

Domination might need more limiting factors, but we'll see what our host has to say.
    Last edited by Durazno; 2013-07-20 at 08:38 PM.