New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: High School Harem Comedy (Game System, PEACH)

So wandering the forum leads me to this.

Very interesting. I do agree that Meganekko needs some help being less chance based in some of its abilities (Just as Planned is a great example of something good in it). Rather sad that this kind of game is so rare on the forum, as it looks like a good bit of fun. Would be good as an added rule set in other systems as well, which some people have mentioned before. Looking forward to the next update.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering if a cosplayer type might be made in future updates? I was also wondering about an otaku type, I know someone else had also suggested it.
    "I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.". - Loki

Loki avatar by Comissar

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

There's enough overlap that I think they would work as one class. Why kind of benefits would cosplayer get? Copying other PC abilities?

Show

4. - Top - End - #154

I'm sure allure would play in to effect somehow. Just think of the costumes and being well endowed.

Loki avatar by Comissar

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Will any of the changes affect our characters in your game?
    I'll let people decide if they want to use the new versions of any advantages I change or if they want to grandfather in the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutazoia View Post
    Don't forget the Sports Fanatic ;)

Looking forward to seeing the new material when ya get the time :)
    Ah, yes. I cut that one from an earlier update, but it'll hopefully make its way into this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    So wandering the forum leads me to this.

Very interesting. I do agree that Meganekko needs some help being less chance based in some of its abilities (Just as Planned is a great example of something good in it). Rather sad that this kind of game is so rare on the forum, as it looks like a good bit of fun. Would be good as an added rule set in other systems as well, which some people have mentioned before. Looking forward to the next update.
    Thank you! Revising the Meganekko to be more consistently useful is definitely on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by theskorpionking View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I was wondering if a cosplayer type might be made in future updates? I was also wondering about an otaku type, I know someone else had also suggested it.
    I would probably wrap cosplayer and otaku into the same archetype, but yes, I think it definitely has potential.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Something like..

Otaku (Personality)

Advantages:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cosplay The Otaku loves her manga (And don't even get her started on the inconsitencies in Protagonist-kun's favorite serial). In fact, she loves them so much, she decides to make her very own costumes, right from the pages. Once per episode, the Otaku may make a special Allure check. On a success, she gains a +1 bonus to another Allure check made to entice Protagonist-Kun with her... loyal attention to detail. (Or fanservice. You decide.)

Random Trivia The Otaku knows something. About everything. And she cannot help but show off her vast array of jack-of-all-trades knowledge. Twice per episode, the Otaku may add a +1 bonus to an opposed Skill roll as she demonstrates her know-it-all attitude.

Just like the game... The otaku can be a little tomboyish at times, liking to stay indoors and play games or watch anime. But playing all those violent video games has given her an edge, teaching interesting things like survival and targeting skills.
    And she plays to win.
    Twice per episode, the Otaku can apply up to a total of +3 divided how she wishes amongst any opposed Conflict rolls she makes against her adversaries, as her indomitable gaming spirit comes to the forefront.

Not very balanced, but its a start, right?

Apologies if this was too forward...
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2013-08-25 at 07:47 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #157

Would the otaku/cosplayer have a skill that involves making their own manga? Or is the otaku/cosplayer going to be part of the personality list?

Loki avatar by Comissar

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

I found this thread a couple days ago and I just wanted to pop in to say how much I love it! It's games like this and Maid RPG that I seem to fall in love with often, a simple yet flexible system that's perfect for ridiculously silly fun. I'm actually planning to get some friends together to play this soon, though I was thinking on waiting for your next update before finalizing everything. Although from the sounds of it, the next update is gonna be a while away, which is fine. I'll probably just house rule Personalities and Classes to be merged together as Archetypes in that case, then just deny certain combinations. I'll be sure to post anything particularly relevant in this thread if necessary, or ask questions if I have any. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to the next big update, since I do kinda like the idea of tossing aliens and such into the mix but am hesitant about the versions posted in this thread for balance reasons.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam Funk View Post
    I found this thread a couple days ago and I just wanted to pop in to say how much I love it! It's games like this and Maid RPG that I seem to fall in love with often, a simple yet flexible system that's perfect for ridiculously silly fun. I'm actually planning to get some friends together to play this soon, though I was thinking on waiting for your next update before finalizing everything. Although from the sounds of it, the next update is gonna be a while away, which is fine. I'll probably just house rule Personalities and Classes to be merged together as Archetypes in that case, then just deny certain combinations. I'll be sure to post anything particularly relevant in this thread if necessary, or ask questions if I have any. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to the next big update, since I do kinda like the idea of tossing aliens and such into the mix but am hesitant about the versions posted in this thread for balance reasons.
    Thank you very much!

That houserule is pretty much exactly what I'm going to implement, so have at it! I'd be happy to hear how your game goes and answer any questions you have.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

So, it's time for a quick mini-update to make sure I get a few things get done in time for the new harem game starting up over in PbP!

-Merged classes and personalities into a single archetype pool, and changed character creation rules to reflect this.
    -Revised "Foresight" under the Meganekko archetype.
    -Added "Otaku" archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Something like..

Otaku (Personality)

Advantages:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cosplay The Otaku loves her manga (And don't even get her started on the inconsitencies in Protagonist-kun's favorite serial). In fact, she loves them so much, she decides to make her very own costumes, right from the pages. Once per episode, the Otaku may make a special Allure check. On a success, she gains a +1 bonus to another Allure check made to entice Protagonist-Kun with her... loyal attention to detail. (Or fanservice. You decide.)

Random Trivia The Otaku knows something. About everything. And she cannot help but show off her vast array of jack-of-all-trades knowledge. Twice per episode, the Otaku may add a +1 bonus to an opposed Skill roll as she demonstrates her know-it-all attitude.

Just like the game... The otaku can be a little tomboyish at times, liking to stay indoors and play games or watch anime. But playing all those violent video games has given her an edge, teaching interesting things like survival and targeting skills.
    And she plays to win.
    Twice per episode, the Otaku can apply up to a total of +3 divided how she wishes amongst any opposed Conflict rolls she makes against her adversaries, as her indomitable gaming spirit comes to the forefront.

Not very balanced, but its a start, right?

Apologies if this was too forward...
    No, I appreciate the help! I didn't really use your ideas as-is, but the basic ideas of some of them helped me come up with my own advantages.
    Last edited by A Rainy Knight; 2013-08-26 at 12:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Yay! I helped!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

You should probably make the "-dere" archetypes incompatible with each other.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2013-08-27 at 04:20 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    You should probably make the "-dere" archetypes incompatible with each other.
    I disagree, and plus that's already settled by the DM being able to veto combos they find incompatible. That being said, I think it's pretty doable to combine things like Yandere and Kuudere easily. Other DMs may disagree with me, but that's why each game is different. Some people think Sensei-chan wouldn't work with some of the other archetypes, and some people think the opposite. That's why combinations are allowed on a case-by-case basis with the DM to begin with.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

This. Is. AWESOME!

Don't think I could find enough people to play with me, though.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was browsing the forums due to not having been here in a long time and deciding that FFd6 is pretty much gone to the crapper. Anyway I had an idea for a game I want to run on Elliquiy called Hentai High. I wanted to make the game somewhat broad in scope. A couple ideas I thought about which may be implemented in my HH game:

Victory for Everyone: Every character keeps multiple VP tallies, not just against the protagonist, but against each other. The girls can win VP against each other by participating in Conflict scenarios to assert their dominance (possibly causing the other girl to question her heterosexuality), or Allure scenarios against lesbians.

VP based Romance: Whenever a character gets 5 (or 10) VP vs someone, they may enter a sexual scene with them. Their VP vs each other resets to 0. Whether or not this causes a scene to change depends on the GM or the protagonist kuns reaction (likely the same thing)

Tentacle Monsters: Failing a conflict or skill roll against any sexual monster causes 1 "Antagonist VP". Every Antagonist VP gained moves the target one step closer to being brainwashed into a mindless plaything (Which takes a number of AVP equal to the VP required to end an episode). Whenever the monster has any Antagonist VP, the other players must win a number of conflict or skill rolls against it equal to that value to defeat the monster. If the protagonist participates, he rolls at +1 unless other rules for the protagonist are in play. At the end of the battle, the monster's accumulated AVP is split amongst the players

EDIT:
    Dungeon Crawls: Each room is a Conflict or Skill check. Possibly Allure if there's monsters in the area that can be drawn to a trap in the area, or an ambush set by the other players

Each room has a Challenge Tally: A numerical total that must be met to move to the next area. in each room the GM rolls 1d6+1 for the D (or leaves it at 4). So players may fail the rolls and still add to the challenge tally (This is different from AVP in that AVP requires a certain number of successes for boss monsters to be defeated defeat)
    Last edited by steelsmiter; 2013-09-06 at 07:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Durazno View Post
    So I have a notion for another mechanic.

Note - since one of the very first comments was AuraTwilight intending to start up an all-boys game and it brightened my day so much, I'm sticking to gender-neutral or alternating language. The game becomes a lot more interesting when you assume that any combination of genders and sexes are possible among the characters. Does this mean I should alternate between Protagonist-kun and Protagonist-chan...?

Edit: Apart from spoilering it to be more considerate of forumspace, I added a few to the list and made some more general. I think this is closer to a usable list.

Anyway...

Spoiler
    Show
    Protagonist Traits

Sometimes our protagonist isn't just a meek, colorless milquetoast, and has some quirks or interests that set him/her apart from the rest of the genre and show us what their appeal might be to the harem. This system can add interest to the character of Protagonist-kun and add variety to multiple rounds of the game.

As with character traits, the number of protagonist traits is pretty much arbitrary, but one rule of thumb is to have as many traits as there are player characters, or one more. This way, you can try to ensure that none of the PCs have an unfair advantage by using the traits to give a reason that each of them would appeal to Protagonist-kun.

How careful you are when you choose traits, and how hard you work to make them form a coherent character, is entirely up to you and your group. After all, the protagonist is rarely the selling point of harem anime. That said, it will probably be easier for your players to get into the game if they can understand what their characters see in our hero/ine.

One last note: many of these traits can be used to create a character who isn't exactly a choice catch. Well, love is blind, after all.

So here are some examples. though I'm noticing now that they're pretty "allure" heavy:

Hobbyist: Choose a task or interest, which could be anything from cooking to board games to a particular celebrity to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Protagonist-kun is all about this kind of thing, and PCs who share his interest get a +1 to allure checks in a scene where they both enthuse about his interest. Additionally, if a PC is attempting a task in this area and the protagonist is helping them, they get a +2 bonus to their roll.

Fetishist: Pick a particular quality that a person of the protagonist's preferred gender might have, which could be anything from glasses to long legs to freckles to cat ears and beyond. Any character who has this quality gets a +2 bonus to allure checks where the protagonist is concerned.

Otaku: The protagonist is completely obsessed with something. (Not sure about this one. I was imagining it as a more intense version of either Hobbyist or Fetishist, but now I'm not sure.)

Unforgiving: If some slight or insult during this scene has given your character a penalty to checks when interacting with the protagonist, the penalty lasts through the next scene.

Gentle: Every character gets a +1 bonus to checks to gain sympathy from the protagonist.

Thick-headed: All characters take a -1 penalty to allure checks with the protagonist when they are trying to be at all subtle. If they're basically throwing their undergarments at him, then either the penalty doesn't apply or the protagonist is calling the cops.

Accidental Pervert: Every character gets a +1 bonus to luck rolls to be caught in a compromising circumstance with the protagonist. This stacks with any traits the PCs have, so there will probably be a lot of tripping and groping going on.

Insecure: Choose a task, interest or hobby. If a PC shows the protagonist up with a spectacular skill or luck check, seeming to demonstrate superior skill or knowledge in this area (whether or not this is actually the case), they suffer a -1 penalty to allure rolls towards him for the rest of the scene.

Really Seriously Insecure: As above, but it applies in any area, not just a given one.

Horndog: Every character of the protagonist's preferred gender gets a +1 to allure roles when dealing with him or her.

Wandering Eye: It can be hard to keep the protagonist's attention sometimes. Pick some kind of character or object (attractive members of the protagonist's preferred gender are a popular choice.) As long as a PC is sharing the scene with these characters or objects, he or she suffers a -1 penalty to any rolls to interact with the protagonist.

Heroic: If a player character or innocent bystander is in danger, the protagonist immediately drops what she's doing and tries to help them, regardless of the risk to herself. The rolls required for a given rescue are not pre-determined by this trait, of course, but any PC can be awarded VP for helping the protagonist in her mission or being rescued themselves.

Villainous: The protagonist has some dastardly plan that may soon come to fruition. Player characters can gain VP for aiding in his machinations, but may just decide to reconsider their pursuit.

That kind of thing.
    I'm probably going to use this (in addition to VP for everyone) for my Hentai High game on Elliquiy, but I haven't decide yet

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

We need a Lolita Archetype (not in the underaged version, just small, cute and oh so adorable)

no idea what stuff there should be for advantages and stuff. just miss it from the list
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    We need a Lolita Archetype (not in the underaged version, just small, cute and oh so adorable)

no idea what stuff there should be for advantages and stuff. just miss it from the list
    Probably a lot of avoiding conflict and using allure.

Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

her immature body has it's own benefits, yes :p and just to adorable to argue with
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know that could be the benefit tied to someone of "Lesser Endowments" as was discussed above...

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by steelsmiter View Post
    You know that could be the benefit tied to someone of "Lesser Endowments" as was discussed above...
    Probably would be. Same benefit as Well Endowed, but different fluff. Cannot be taken with Well Endowed. Alternately, A-cup Angst: +2/3 (Not sure if +3 is OP, but it targets one specific feature, so it seems safe) bonus on Conflict rolls against Well Endowed characters.

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Probably would be. Same benefit as Well Endowed, but different fluff. Cannot be taken with Well Endowed. Alternately, A-cup Angst: +2/3 (Not sure if +3 is OP, but it targets one specific feature, so it seems safe) bonus on Conflict rolls against Well Endowed characters.
    Actually compared to the original Well Endowed ability, +2 is OP

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

How about dis?
    Flat as a Board: once per session, you may take -2 on Conflict rolls and +2 on Allure rolls as you use your thin figure to draw on the Protagonist's sympathies.
    Last edited by steelsmiter; 2013-08-30 at 05:21 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by steelsmiter View Post
    Actually compared to the original Well Endowed ability, +2 is OP
    Yes, but that's a general trait compared to an archetype trait. Many of them do give a +2 to specific types of rolls. Yandere comes to mind as one that gives three different ones.

Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes, but that's a general trait compared to an archetype trait. Many of them do give a +2 to specific types of rolls. Yandere comes to mind as one that gives three different ones.
    Sure and if Well Endowed is a general trait, so is Flat as a Board. I see we've confused the two subjects. It doesn't make much sense to me to give the Lolita discussed above abilities that are tied purely to physique. Fashion choice? Sure. Personality? Bring it.

Granted if the creator of the system goes for it I'd abide by it.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I was thinking Lolita would be its own archetype.

Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm aware. Fair enough, but there was also a discussion of the inverse of well endowed. That's why I wrote Flat as a Board that way. In any case, I do think part of being cute or adorable does involve a fashion choice for example. I think there should be two separate abilities based on whether you decide to go "punk" or "pink" as it were. They should apply different bonuses.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

@steelsmiter: I hope my system makes a useful foundation for whatever you've got planned! It might be a little much for me to actually add to the system here, though.

I don't think this is a good idea, mostly since having a permanent modifier on Conflict against only a particular opponent encourages you to bully them at every chance. Conflict is, at least in my head, a means for the players to slow down whoever's gaining a clear lead in VP, so I'd like the advantages to be useful against all opponents.

But anyways... I could see Lolita working as an archetype. I probably won't get around to it until the supernatural expansion is done, though.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    But anyways... I could see Lolita working as an archetype. I probably won't get around to it until the supernatural expansion is done, though.
    Is that after the Xp expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    @steelsmiter: I hope my system makes a useful foundation for whatever you've got planned! It might be a little much for me to actually add to the system here, though.
    Haha! it is a rather large chunk. Right now I'm just using VP for Everyone and VP Based Romance. It's a group game and I'm allowing everyone to do whatever with everyone as long as they have the VP for it to be appropriate. I've gotten three bites, but the third one submitted a character without reading the rules:

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Name: Nathaniel Makenzie
    Description: image provided, 5ft 9, well toned frame
    Archtype: popular guy (sports captain, loved by female students, nice guy to all) forighen exchange (exotic looks, speaks other languages)
    Strong point: highly social
    Weak point: new to the area
    Victory points: confidence boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Yep. All of it.

You didn't read anything at all in the link to Giant in the Playground Forums I provided in the first post. You should be using Archetypes under the Archetypes List spoiler and your strong and weak points need to be tied directly to one of the four rolls discussed under the Players Guide and The Four Rolls spoilers. If you want to play a guy, you should probably be a Half Foreigner (with any of their abilities), Pervert (since it has three of the 5 options for playing males)<side note, I allow players that pick 3 out of 5 specific abilities to play non-protagonist males>
    In any case I wish there were more Elliquiy members on here.