1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Homeward Bound: The Epic Journey - IC

Out of Character thread - Homeword Bound: The Epic Journey - OoC

Let us begin!
    Tinker and Chance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both of you wake up in a dimly lit room in two beds situated next to each other. Completely unsure of what's going on.... your last memory involved a giant flash of light when your arch enemy broke a staff. You see other bodies sleeping / unconscious around the room on rows of beds. A quick scan of your immediate surroundings (5 ft.) reveal your packs and equipment at the head of the bed. You think you see others waking up....

Thanatos
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wake up in a dimly lit room. Completely unsure of what's going on.... your last memory involved a giant flash of light when you broke a staff with your weapon... triggering a memory.. YOUR WEAPONS! WHERE ARE THEY! (they're right next to your headboard along with your other equipment) You're actually surprised (and saddened) that you're not dead, as you expected. You see other bodies sleeping / unconscious around the room on rows of beds. You think you see others waking up....

Hahn Sperren
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wake up in a dimly lit room. Completely unsure of what's going on.... your last memory involved a giant flash of light when King Fruward banished you with a broken staff. A quick scan of your immediate surroundings reveal that your equipment/packs are at the head of your bed. You see other bodies sleeping / unconscious around the room on rows of beds. You think you see others waking up....

Igi-Kur
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wake up in a dimly lit room. Completely unsure of what's going on.... your last memory involved a giant flash of light when your arch enemy broke a staff. A quick scan of your immediate surroundings reveal that your equipment/packs are at the head of your bed. You see other bodies sleeping / unconscious around the room on rows of beds. You think you see others waking up....

Actions? (You should take your actions one at a time here. But definitely allowed to respond to others actions too)
    Last edited by Chuckles101; 2013-07-02 at 06:41 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, it is represented by a geometric random variable.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Homeward Bound: The Epic Journey - IC

Without stepping on the floor, I step into my soaring cathedra at the foot of the bed, take my pack and begin putting on all my equipment.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Igi-Kur does not see his cathedra at the foot of the bed...
    If at first you don't succeed, it is represented by a geometric random variable.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I look at the head of the bed for my soaring cathedra.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not there either... In fact, it doesn't seem to be in your immediate surroundings. (It's a very dimly lit room)
    Last edited by Chuckles101; 2013-07-09 at 05:45 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cursing my luck, I look around to see what equipment IS nearby within reach of the bed.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Doing a quick search through your bag of holding, you see that most everything is there. A quick recollection of your memory reveals that the only thing that seems to be missing is your cathedra.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

I put on all my items and look around at the other people / beds.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Igi-Kur
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking around in the dim light, you begin to look around. There are others beginning to stir on beds very similar to this one. The room is approximately 60ft. by 20ft. with beds lined in up in rows. Two beds face each other in each row, giving a quick count of 12 beds. On 4 of the other beds are figures beginning to stir in their sleep at the sound of you gathering and equipping your items. Behind you (and at the head of each of the beds) is a small cabinet. On the far end of the long room is a desk with some papers, vials, a mortar and pistle, and other miscellaneous items. On the close end of the room is a door (about 10 ft. away)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

(Thanatos)

For a moment as I begin to awaken, I think I'm dead, and a euphoria starts to build -- but it quickly washes away as the emptiness in my soul and the weight of my body disprove it. A bed. I'm lying on a bed. Not in the outer planes, just in a bed. Damn. The last thing I remember....

But I never died. Somehow, improbably, I had survived that battle, and ended up back in civilization somewhere. Hadrian Keep? Possibly as far as Portmore? I don't know who could have dragged me out of that tomb and back to town, but someone must have. And if I'm alive, it means the lich must be dead. Whatever spell he cast...well, I guess it wasn't enough to save him from my terrible fury.

Slowly I open my eyes and look around, trying to place my surroundings. As I sit up in my bed, I realize I feel no pain. Hmm. Must have been some pretty potent healing magic, after the beating I remember taking in that battle. Am I going to have to pay for that?

Speaking of payment, I look around to see if I can spot my equipment anywhere. I breathe a sigh of relief to see my bags and weapons near my headboard. I instinctively check my shoe for diamonds before remembering that I left my last diamond with a cleric at Hadrian Keep, to raise me in case I died in the lich's tomb. Well, there's one diamond I'll never see again. A chill runs down my spine as I realize that, until I find (or can afford to buy) more diamonds, I can't risk dying again, or else I might stay dead....

I check my bags to make sure all of my stuff is here. Am I missing anything (particularly money)?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanatos
    Spoiler
    Show

You go through your bag, realizing that nothing is missing, to your relief.

Looking around in the dim light, you begin to look around. Others are stirring, including one already awake and gearing The room is approximately 60ft. by 20ft. with beds lined in up in rows. Two beds face each other in each row, giving a quick count of 12 beds. On 4 of the other beds are figures beginning to stir in their sleep at the sound of you gathering and equipping your items. Behind you (and at the head of each of the beds) is a small cabinet. On the far end of the long room is a desk with some papers, vials, a mortar and pistle, and other miscellaneous items. On the close end of the room is a door (about 10 ft. away)

You notice another human putting on his gear as he looks around. This tattooed man begins to put on his robes.

Igi-Kur
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is you. Feel free for introductions in character.

12. - Top - End - #12

Phew, looks like nothing got stolen while I was out. The place definitely looks like some kind of...apothecary, or house of healing? I don't recognize it, though -- it's not the temple at Hadrian where I left my last diamond, and it doesn't look like Portmore either. Maybe it's one of the smaller villages in the Highlands? Hmm, I'll ask this guy with the tattoos.

"Um, hello there! Excuse me! Can you tell me where I am? I must have been brought here unconscious."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stopping for a moment, I look quizzically at the strangely dressed man. Then I continue equipping my things.

What do you know about furniture?

14. - Top - End - #14

"I...what? Furniture?"

(What does that even have to do with what I asked? What is this guy, some kind of carpenter?)

"Nothing, really. I'm an adventurer. I just woke up and was hoping you could tell me where we are."
    Last edited by Phoenix211; 2013-08-06 at 06:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinker and Chance

Hey, are you-

Ok? Yeah. Are you?

I'm fine, a bit woozy.

Any idea where we are? The last thing I remember is a bright light...

Think we're dead?

I don't feel dead.

*smacks Chance* Did you feel that.

OW. Yes.

Good, so you're not dead-

*smacks Tinker*

OW!

Neither are you.

Now that we've settled that...

Perception check to look around the room, both Tinker and Chance have low-light vision

Chuckles, I'm not sure if you want me to roll for both Tinker and Chance or one die for the both. I'll roll for both and if you only want one (succeed or fail together), take the first one.

[rollv]1d20+26[/rollv]
    [rollv]1d20+26[/rollv]
    Last edited by amjj; 2013-08-08 at 05:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

I think I need some help with die rolls...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

(1d20+26)[14](40)
    (1d20+26)[2](28)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tinker and Chance
    Spoiler
    Show

You begin to look around the dimly lit room.The room is approximately 60ft by 20ft, with beds lined up in rows. Two beds face each other in each row giving you a quick count of 12 beds total. There are humanoid figures on 3 of the other beds. One, a tattooed man, is taking care not to step on the floor, cursing his luck and asking about furniture. The other, a brawny man, woke up in a flash and hurried to his pack, yet instantly relieved. They both seem to be puzzled about furniture and where they are. You see another still stirring in his sleep. Your preception check reveals that this one seems to be a dwarf, with the other two human.

Behind you, and at the head of each of the beds, is a small cabinet. On the far end of the long room is a desk with some papers, vials, a mortar and pistle, and other miscellaneous items. On the close end of the room is a door. (About 10-15 ft away)

GAME NOTE: Just go ahead and make one roll from now on. If there's something which relies on a bit of cooperation, I'll have you make two rolls, but for teh most part, you will count as one character.

Perception check PASSED
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behind the desk with the papers, you see a certificate or plaque of some kind. It reveals an achievement in the areas of healing and/or charity with an official seal of some kind. Further inspection of the desk will reveal a number of herbs and other natural items used in the arts of healing, some of the things you'd find in an adventurer's medkit.

Feel free to introduce yourself to each other and such. I'm gone for a week.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

I continue equipping. I have no idea where we are. Who are you? My name is Igi-Kur, and I'm missing my favorite chair.

20. - Top - End - #20

"My name's Thanatos. Thanatos Mors. And, uh...sorry about your chair."

So this guy doesn't know where this is either. Probably brought here same as me.

I look to the other side of me to see a couple of gnomes now awake and slapping each other. Maybe I'll have better luck with these two?

"Ho there, friends! Excuse me, could either of you tell me where we are, please?"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Both Tinker and Chance stare at Thanatos for what seems like a month (give or take a day) before answering...

Friends? Are we-

Friends?

We are, but you...

Ah, yes, you are quite a stranger.

But we are quite in a strange land-

So to speak. So in that sense...

We're in the same boat, that is to say...

Lost.

We have no idea where we are.

I don't even know quite how we got here. We were fighting and then there was a flash of light.

22. - Top - End - #22

I blink in surprise. Memories race through my mind. That couldn't just be a coincidence...could it?

"That's...that's exactly the same thing that happened to me. I was fighting a lich, and my final blow clove through his staff. There was a flash of light -- I think he cast some sort of spell, but...." I shake my head. "I don't know, that's the last thing I remember. Then I woke up here."

A suspicion begins to dawn on me, and I slowly turn back to Igi-Kur. "By the way, how did you end up here? It wouldn't happen to have anything to do with a sudden flash of light, would it?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Something like that.

I turn to the two gnomes.

How did you get here?

I look around to see if there are any exits from the room.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a door on the shorter side of the wall about 10-15 ft away.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

I finish equipping and walk to the door.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Igi-Kur begins walking to the door, the door barges open with a loud crash. Two men dressed in white and maroon robes are carrying a stretcher holding a dwarf in glimmering full plate armor who seems to be unconscious. The two men seem to be muttering to themselves, completely ignoring the fact that there are others standing in this room.

"Bloody hell! Where did you say this guy was?"
    "The guards found him in the alley, out cold. And with all these shinies on him! He must be wealthy."
    "Pay attention to your vows, Yoseth."
    "Yes, Father."
    "Now, stabilize him, and we'll make sure he's all right."

The younger of the pair holds out his symbol and says a prayer. Quickly, the dwarf begins stirring. He seems to be having a nightmare of some sort...

The older of the pair suddenly looks up, completely surprised by those who have awaken. "I didn't expect any of you up this early. How do you feel?"

Seafalcon
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may enter the story by waking up at any time. Your nightmares that you are muttering right now are related to the visage of the wizard who killed your family. Remember, at this point you aren't even sure if he's alive or dead... you may never find out. All you remember is blacking out, and thinking that you may have lost against him.

Igi-Kur - Perception DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    The door is left wide open, allowing you to see a flash of color from the adjoining room. You instantly recognize it as your Cathedra, currently being used as a couch of sorts.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

I roll a 12.

I address the person who just spoke:

Oh I'm fine; but excuse me--could one of you please tell me where this is and why I was brought here? Oh--and where my couch is.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

With a jolt and a shout, I sit up. Confused by my location and the many people around me, I grab the nearest of the robed men by the collar and pull him towards me. (Grapple Roll, if you need it. (1d20+18)[20](38))

Where am I? Who are you, and what news of Wilros Gentleharp?
    Last edited by FrankieTheKneeM; 2013-11-11 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Mispelled my villain's name.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

The older robed figure begins to speak.
    "You are all here in the local healing house, isn't that obvious? You were all found either unconscious or nearly dead around the area. This dwarf was just found about an hour ago."

Yoseth - "Oh! That couch is nice, I was resting on it last ni-"

Seafalcon wakes up screaming and immediately grapples Yoseth, so masterfully that he spins him around, twisting his arm behind his back. Yoseth yells in pain.

Seafalcon - roll initiative

DM NOTES - ANY MAY READ
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is an opposed check vs the other robed figure. Initiative rolls from all may be needed, but not right now.
    Older robed figure's initiative - (1d20+2)[9](11)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Initiative: (1d20+2)[15](17)

I spin the Human around to face me.

Answer me, damn you! I need to know if Wilros Gentleharp lives!
    Last edited by FrankieTheKneeM; 2013-11-11 at 09:08 PM. Reason: I won initiative!