New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Homeward Bound: The Epic Journey - IC

Hmm, says Igi-Kur to the man who was so confrontational with the guards earlier, mulling it over for a moment. I'll pay half if you'll pay half.

Turning back to the counter, impatiently. Well? Do you have any storage space or an empty room? How much? Speak up now; I don't have all week.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Large Inn is found a couple blocks down the road. Surprisingly, time has gotten away from all of you as it appears that the sun is beginning to set. The building appears to be very spacious on the outside as well as the inside. There is an adjoining stables, as well as a separate building for drinks and food. Looking at the sign, "Large Inn and Tavern. Travelers welcome", you notice that the name of the building is the Large Inn, as well as itself being large.

Walking through the double doors, you see a small foyer with another set of doors. The place appears to be immaculate. There are plants growing in the corners in pots; the wood moldings are polished and dusted. There even appears to be brass fittings on most of the inner door handles as you walk inside the main lobby. A doorman opens the inner door and welcomes you both. He seems surprised to see someone floating inside on a couch, and immediately bows to Igi-Kur.

Before you is a spacious lobby with comfortable seating and a fireplace, with some people enjoying a small conversation, holding snifters of brandy. Adjoined to this room, through a door to your left, is "O'Leary's Tavern", filled with a good number of people. You can hear the sounds of a lute as someone walks through the door, as well as the loud commotion often heard in such places.

Inside the lobby area, a man and woman in uniform are at a large bench, also welcoming you in. "Checking in?", they both say in unison before they look up and see Igi-Kur on his floating couch. They immediately snap their fingers (again in unison). Two men from behind a door behind the bench come out to assist with your bags and belongings as needed. They begin to talk nearly exclusively to Igi-Kur, ignoring Thanatos until the two start talking to each other.

"We have the Kreggle suite available with all the usual furnishings. Joseph and Bartleby will show you upstairs to..."
    "You don't need any furniture?"
    "Surely, you must want some kind of comfortable bed"
    "And fireplace"
    "And room service"
    "And pillows"
    "And calming fish"
    "And white noise operator"
    "And mints"
    "Oh YES! The mints!"

They wait for an answer as to the type of room you would like. The furnishings sound quite nice, but probably unnecessary for your purposes.
    If at first you don't succeed, it is represented by a geometric random variable.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not wanting to lose out on a bargain, Igi-Kur replies:

How much is the Kreggle suite, and how much for an unfurnished room?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, surely a man of your stature is not concerned with price. We'll show you upstairs right away."
    If at first you don't succeed, it is represented by a geometric random variable.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Very well.

Assuming the stairs are wide enough, Igi-Kur directs his couch to follow Joseph and Bartleby, beckoning for the barbarian to follow.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Halfling in the Playground

"Er, not interested in paying for a suite, thanks," I cut in. "Really, all I need is a small, private space to rest for a moment. No furniture, no...no mints, just a plain room to rent for an hour or so." The frustration I had felt at the guard station begins to trickle back again. Just how hard is it to get anything done in this town?

Something suddenly occurs to me, and I frown slightly. "Ah, I haven't had a chance to get my money changed since I entered town. Does your inn accept foreign currency?" I pull an Ossian gold coin from my pocket and hold it up by way of explanation. "If not, I suppose I'll have to make other arrangements..."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rolling his eyes heavenward and shaking his head with a slight smile, Igi-Kur continues floating up the stairs on his couch.

Furniture, no furniture; it doesn't matter to me. All I need is a quiet space. Who are the owners, by the way? Have they owned this place for very long?

Glancing back toward the parlor, he scans for signs of the dwarf-priest, whose name he has yet to learn.
    Last edited by Zyzzyx; 2014-04-10 at 09:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

The bellhops begin to lead you upstairs to the nicer rooms. Upon hearing your complaints about only wanting a smaller room, he sighs, and begins to shuffle his feet a bit more. Still carrying any items you requested him to carry, and making sure that the couch will fit through the stairwell and hallway, you can sense that he's forlorned by such a possible cheapskate with magnificent robes and extravagance. As you all walk up the stairs, Igi-Kur and the helper converse about the town. He seems polite enough, hoping to salvage a tip.
    "You must be foreigners... The Large Inn has been in the Large family for generations. They always strive to keep standards as high as possible. They are a very generous family, making contributions to many organizations throughout the city."

"Here we are. Room 314. It is our most.... modest... room available." He opens the double doors and motions for you to go inside.

The room has hardwood floors, a queen size bed with sheets / blankets / pillows, a comfortable chair and workdesk, as well as a small adjoining room (with a door) with a few chamber pots and a pipe.

The man is startled by your mention of "foreign currency" and begins to look at it with awe. "I have never seen such markings. With your permission, may we appraise this coin to prove its worth?"

9. - Top - End - #189

I nod to the bellhop. "Fair enough. Here..." I slip the gold coin back into my coin pouch and dig a little deeper to fish out a silver one. I doubt it will come to gold anyway. I hand the silver coin to the bellhop. "If you're going to appraise something, might as well appraise the silver. Don't worry, it's solid. The Ossian Borderlanders are good people."

I look around and take in the room. While it's not quite the bare-bones space I was hoping for, I begrudgingly admit to myself that a little bit of comfort would be nice after all I've been through today. It's been nothing but hectic since I woke up in this place. And at an inn this fancy, I'm not entirely surprised that it is the least comfortable room they own. But it does seem odd that this appears to be the only inn in town. What kind of city doesn't have cheaper and seedier inns around every street corner?

"So how many coins of that size would you expect it to cost to rent this room for just an hour?" I ask the bellhop. "I tend not to carry that much coinage around on my person."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

You notice the bellhop staring at the gold coin and wince softly as you replace it with its silver partner.

"Rent the room for an hour? We are not the type of inn that offers those services... but... I imagine for a friend of his lordship..." He motions to Igi-Kur, "...I'm sure we could allow the room for one hour for one or two of your silver pieces, depending on our appraisal, of course."

He motions to get Igi-Kur's attention.
    "Will you be staying the entire night sir?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Igi-Kur tosses 2 gold pieces to the porter. Keep the change.

Without another word, he settles into his couch, retrieves his spellbook and begins to prepare his spells.

12. - Top - End - #192

"Alright, here's another one then. In fact, take three just to be safe." I fish out two more silver coins and hand them to the man. "If your appraisal finds a problem with them, we'll work something out. Otherwise, just keep them; no need to bother me about it. In fact, best not to bother me at all, thanks."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thank you, sir!" The porter begins to leave after assuring that the both of you are settled in, luggage and all. Right before he shuts the door...

"Oh right! I forgot to mention. There will be a concert tonight (oh, in just a few minutes) by THE Ronald Martin being held in O'Leary's Tavern. Two drink minimum." He motions to Igi-Kur. "Your complimentary paper will arrive in the morning." He leaves the two of you in peace.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Igi-Kur says nothing, and continues preparing his spells.

After an hour goes by and he has finished preparing his spells, he eventually gets up and goes downstairs to look for the dwarf cleric whose name he has probably forgotten.

15. - Top - End - #195

Once the porter has finally gone and shut the door, I sigh and sink wearily into the chair by the desk. It's been a long and frustrating day, I know my wounds have still not fully healed, and I can feel my fatigue beginning to catch up to me. As soon as I'm back in Hadrian, I can finally rest, I tell myself. Carefully removing my items one by one from my bag, I make sure nothing is missing and that all of the magic still works. I pay particular attention to hefting my swords to make sure they are still functional. Once I'm satisfied that everything is in proper shape, I return all but the Praat Shard back to the bag.

"Er...I don't mean to bother you," I say to Igi-Kur, "but I'm about to try teleporting home. If it works, I expect I won't see you again. It was nice to meet you, and I wish you luck on your own journey." With that, I close my eyes and begin concentrating on the Shard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just as a friendly reminder, it takes one full minute (10 rounds) of concentration to activate a Praat Shard.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Wearily, I make my way down to the Inn, and press open the door, and nod to the doorman.

Hello. I've need of a room for the night - possibly longer. I would also pay for the services of a valet to help me out of my armor...

Catching sight of the beautiful entry way, I brighten mid sentence.

Woah-ho-ho! This is a finer place than I've been in many nights. How simply marvelous. I'll admit, I haven't done this myself since my days with the church proper, but usually there's someone in charge when you walk in the door...

Spying the pair at the bench, I drop my backpack and fish for some of my platinum coins, grabbing (1d6+3)[8] and tossing them out onto the bench before me.

A room, please! Whatever that will get me for the night, and tomorrow can be tomorrow's business.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good luck, says Igi-Kur, his eyes still on his spellbooks.

If it doesn't work, I'll be going downstairs to wait for the dwarf as soon as I'm done here.

With that, he continues preparing his spells, and heads downstairs (on foot) once he finishes.
    Last edited by Zyzzyx; 2014-04-29 at 04:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanatos
    Spoiler
    Show
    After a minute of concentraion, you don't seem whisked away to home. For some reason, it didn't work.
    Spoiler: Rules Question for you
    Show
    Given that you created these magic items, would your character have firsthand knowledge of how they're created? As in, would he know that it's based on the spell 'Word of Recall' which specifically doesn't work across planes? If he does know that, would he then attribute it not working due to a possible teleportation restriction, or would he deduce he's on a different plane? (player knowledge vs character knowledge)

2nd question: Does he realize he's on a different plane anyways?

Igi-Kur
    Spoiler
    Show
    You continue to concentrate on your spells. It's likely that you will notice Thanatos being a little peeved as his attempt to teleport doesn't work. Just as a reminder, make sure you know which spells you are preparing, as opposed to which spells you know.

Kubrik enters the inn approximately 10 minutes after you are both shown your rooms

Kubrik
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bellhops stare at you in astonishment
    "YES SIR!!", they exclaim. They immediately begin to help you with whatever bags or luggage you may be carrying.

The receptionists grab your platinum coins off the counter.
    "Please take the gentleman and his belongings to the Swarley suite"

The concierge (who popped out from behind the door) leads you to the top floor (5th floor). Halfway up the stairs to that last floor, he presses a button. You see a horizontal plane of magic appear, shimmer, and vanish. Once everyone is upstairs, he presses the button again, with the process repeating. (Think of an invisible force field activating and deactivating)

The concierge opens the French doors to lead you inside. This room is extremely spacious with a wonderful view of the city. The room occupies the entire top floor (think Penthouse apartment). It includes a fireplace, an odd pool of water which seems to be bubbling and steaming, bar, running water with shower and full bath, small plates of cheese and fruit, every single accommodation you can think of.

The concierge also points you towards a mirror on the wall. "Tonight, we also have a special guest playing in the tavern downstairs. Ronald Martin, the guitarist. Whenever you would like, you may press this (on the mirror), and you will be able to see the concert from the comforts of your room." He hands you a small yellow button. "Please press this button in order enter and leave the floor."

After showing you around, "My name is Gerald. Here is my personal caller." He hands you a small blue button. "Is there anything else I can help you with?" (If not he will exit and give you your privacy)
    Last edited by Chuckles101; 2014-04-30 at 01:36 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Spoiler: DM:
    Show
    I've got to assume by 21st level he would have heard the details of how they work from someone somewhere (he traveled with a Sorcerer in his adventuring party for years, for example). So I figure on some level he is aware that the Shards don't work across planes. That said, he doesn't currently suspect he's on another plane, and "on another plane" is not going to be the first reason he would think of for it not to be working.

After a minute, I open my eyes again. Nope, still in the same room. Nothing happened. I give it a second try, then a third just to be sure. But the results are undeniable.

"It's not working."

The guards did express surprise when I suggested I had been teleported here, I think to myself. Maybe there really is some kind of shielding magic blocking teleportation in and out of the city. In that case, there's only one thing for me to do -- find the nearest city gate and head outside the walls to try again. But first, a short rest wouldn't be amiss. I paid for the room for an hour, after all; no sense in wasting it. I close my eyes and try to relax my weary muscles for a while.

When the tattooed mage leaves the room after an hour has passed, I grab my belongings and follow him downstairs. I stop at the desk to speak to the people there. "Excuse me, um, has the appraisal of my coinage been concluded? I am preparing to leave and I wouldn't want any misunderstandings. Also, can you by any chance direct me towards the nearest city gate? Thank you."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: GM only
    Show
    Spells prepared:

Detect Magic (2x)
    Touch of Fatigue
    Grease
    Expeditious Retreat
    Bullet Shield (2x)
    Eldritch Conduit
    Blindness/Deafness
    Call the Void
    Howling Agony
    Reckless Infatuation
    Sepia Snake Sigil
    Ice Storm (2x)
    Volcanic Storm (2x)
    Fear (4x)
    Dominate Person (2x)
    Telepathic Link (2x)
    Geas-Quest (2x)
    Dispel Magic - Greater
    True Seeing
    Hold Person - Mass (2x)
    Insanity (2x)
    Demand
    Frightful Aspect
    Greater Shout (2x)
    Overwhelming Presence
    Time Stop
    Mage's Disjunction
    Dominate Monster

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

I take the buttons and survey the room.

Oh, Gerald, this is a fine suite. The only thing I need now is someone to help me doff this rather uncomfortable armor, and, perhaps... do you offer a cleaning service? It's more than a little banged up and could use a shine.

When the bellhops are finished with my things, I toss them each a gold piece.

Thank you, gentlemen.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Igi-Kur heads downstairs.

Stopping at the front desk, he asks the attendants:

I'm waiting for someone; a dwarvish gentleman who I believe is a clergyman. If he's arrived, can you let him know that I'll be waiting for him in the tavern?

Heading into the tavern, Igi-Kur looks for an empty table (preferably one close to a wall) to take in a meal and wait for his scheduled meeting.
    Last edited by Zyzzyx; 2014-05-13 at 12:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kubrik
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gerald pulls you over to a small closet near what looks to be a separate washroom. He helps you out of your armor, and places it inside the closet. Looking into the small closet, it appears that there are hangers, as well as sturdy wooden stubs to hang heavier pieces of clothing. He puts your armor on those stubs. "Anything else that needs cleaning, sir?" If so, he places it inside the small closet, closes the door and presses a green button located in the center of the closet door. 12 seconds later, he opens the door. Your armor is shined, professionally cleaned, as well as any other items that were placed in the closet.
    Spoiler: Notes on options for you?
    Show
    After any questions you have, Gerald leaves. You prepare your spells (roughly an hour), do anything else that you would like, and head downstairs. Please also put in your post a separate spoiler of your prepared spells.

As you finish preparing your spells, you hear a small chime. Your blue button begins to glow. The chime repeats as the button still glows.
    Spoiler: If you press the blue button...
    Show
    You hear Gerald's voice in your head. "Sir, I have just received word at the front desk of another guest who is asking for you, sir. He appears to be a nobleman of some stature, arriving on a floating chaise. He wishes to inform you that he will be in the tavern enjoying a meal, awaiting your company. Do you wish for me to notify him of your arrival?"

Igi-Kur
    Spoiler
    Show
    You finish preparing your spells and head downstairs. You give the attendant the message and go into the tavern. The place is very nice, with some room and a hostess at the door. After asking for a specific table, you are seated at a table near the far corner of the tavern, opposite the corner where the renowned Ronald Martin has just finished playing a song. Thunderous applause fills the air. A lady comes by to take your order. In a strange accent, "Welcome to O'Leary's. Can I interest ya'll in a Strawberry Fizz, Dwarven Shock-Ale, or a glass of Fraznia Elven Wine?" (Go to the spoiler below)

Thanatos
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course, sir. Your coinage is comparable to our own here. I am surprised, though. I've never seen these markings before." He trails off while looking at the piece that you've given him. "The nearest city gate? Of course sir. However, if you plan on traveling out of town, I'm afraid the gate will be closed for the night, as it is quite late. May I suggest you stay the night, grab a meal, listen to our concert?" He motions toward the door of O'Leary's Tavern (which Igi-Kur just walked through).

For everyone's reference, it is night-time. (Approximately 8:30)

Spoiler: Once inside O'Leary's Tavern
    Show

Applause fills the air as Ronald Martin, accomplished guitarist, finishes playing a song. He takes a drink from a mug. "Thank you. Thank you. My next song is one you all know well. One of my instrumental pieces." At this, there are cheers from the back of the room. He shouts,

"Ahh, they think they know it. Care to take a guess?"
    "Silver Stream?" (Some patrons cheer more for this)
    "Good guess" - and he begins the song as more patrons cheer and applaud.

As the song begins, you feel that you have heard it somewhere before, but you're not quite sure where. It brings you back to your younger self, past memories long since forgotten.
    Hear it here.
    Spoiler: I swear, it's not a RickRoll
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

Igi-Kur settles in. Fraznia, please, he says with a smile loudly enough so that the waitress can hear him over the roar of the crowd. And do you have any specials tonight?

He looks at the performer up on stage. Based on what he sees, he wonders how much the person's equipment is probably worth.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Appraise: (1d20+34)[2](2)

26. - Top - End - #206

I can feel my blood beginning to boil again at yet another delay. My hands tremble violently as I clench them into fists at my side -- partly from anger, and partly from withdrawal. "Is this city a prison?! You can't expect to keep me h--"

My tirade is suddenly cut off by a massive, unexpected yawn. I look around a bit sheepishly. It has gotten late, and although my wounds no longer hurt, I have been a bit fatigued ever since I woke up in that temple. I don't particularly relish having to fight my way through the city gates at less than full strength...or on an empty stomach, I admit, as it growls on cue. I had been putting off supper and sleep until I made it back to Ossia, due to the urgency of my need to know the fate of the lich and my friends. But I suppose there isn't much I can do for them this late at night even if I did make it back to Ossia. Aiding them would have to wait until morning, whether I spend the night here or there.

I sigh. "Er...on second thought, perhaps a hot meal and a soft bed would do me some good. May I reserve a room for the night? Nothing too fancy, mind you -- the same as the room I just came from will do just fine. But first, some food at this tavern of yours."

I enter the tavern with the almost Elvish-sounding name. Spying Igi-Kur in the back corner -- one of the precious few people I know in this gods-forsaken town -- I make my way over to his table. "May I join you?" I ask pleasantly. "Turns out the city gates are closed at night, so I guess I'll be spending the night here and heading out first thing in the morning."

The musician begins a peculiar tune on his string instrument and my ears perk up. I'm surprised to find the song sounds so familiar. Something from my childhood, an old ballad from southern Tyrrhen perhaps? But no, the music doesn't sound particularly Tyrrhenian. If this kingdom really doesn't have Praat Stones like the guards seemed to indicate, then how could people in both places play the same song? As I remain transfixed trying to puzzle out the song's mystery, I come to realize that my hands are completely still. Despite my exhaustion and despite my hunger, my hands have stopped shaking entirely for the first time since I woke up here. I stare in wonderment at the musician. Where had I heard it before?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feel free; I'm just waiting for that dwarf priest we met earlier. I can't remember his name.

Igi-Kur glances around, then looks intently at the barbarian: So given that your shard doesn't seem to be functioning...and that it doesn't sound like we're from anywhere near each other...do you think something might be interfering with it from here? My guess is there's some link between the people we were fighting on our own before we got here...or possibly their staves. I think the best way to get back home is to figure out what's going on here. What do you think?

Igi-Kur gestures toward the stage. Also, I don't know why, but that song sounded awfully familiar to me. Have you ever heard it, by chance?

28. - Top - End - #208

I sink into a chair by Igi-Kur.

"The guards seemed surprised when we told them we were teleported here. They said it 'wasn't possible,' didn't they? I assume they meant that there was an enchantment of some sort on the city that blocks teleportation." I gesture to Igi-Kur. "But you're the spellcaster here, right? I only know about all this magic stuff second-hand. Does that sort of 'anti-teleportation field' make sense? If not, what else do you think could have caused this?"

I nod. "In any case, it seems clear we're all connected. We all had similar experiences, and we all got teleported to the same place. You, me, the dwarf cleric -- Kubrik, I think he said his name was? -- and those gnomes we met back at that temple. Nine hells, probably even that other dwarf who was unconscious, now that I think about it."

"I'm going to try my Praat Shard again from outside the city first thing in the morning. You and Kubrik are perfectly welcome to join me. I can teleport the two of you back with me when I go; perhaps you will have better luck finding your way home from Hadrian Keep?"

When he says he recognizes the song, I whip my head around to look at him in surprise. "You recognize it too?! It sounds like something I heard in my childhood...but you and I didn't grow up in the same area, right? Where did you say you were from again?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Spoiler: Prepared Spells
    Show

Actually, I've repurposed the "Spells and Powers" section of my character sheet to show which spells I've prepared - I'll be marking them off as I cast them. But here's the list:

Lvl 0 Create Water
    Lvl 0 Detect Magic
    Lvl 0 Read Magic
    Lvl 0 Spark
    Lvl 1 Burning Disarm
    Lvl 1 Cure Light Wounds x3
    Lvl 1 Divine Favor
    Lvl 1 Entropic shield
    Lvl 1 Remove Sickness
    Lvl 2 Cure Moderate Wounds x3
    Lvl 2 Desecrate(M)
    Lvl 2 Lesser Restoration
    Lvl 2 Spiritual Weapon
    Lvl 2 Undetectable Alignment
    Lvl 3 Blessing of the Mole
    Lvl 3 Blood Biography
    Lvl 3 Cure Serious Wounds x3
    Lvl 3 Fractions of Heal and Harm
    Lvl 3 Invisibility Purge
    Lvl 4 Control Summoned Creature
    Lvl 4 Cure Critical Wounds x3
    Lvl 4 Death Ward
    Lvl 4 Repel Vermin
    Lvl 5 Empowered Cure Serious Wounds x3
    Lvl 5 Greater Forbid Action
    Lvl 5 Slay Living
    Lvl 5 True Seeing (M)
    Lvl 6 Blade Barrier
    Lvl 6 Empowered Cure Critical Wounds x3
    Lvl 6 Heal
    Lvl 6 Mass Bear's Endurance
    Lvl 7 Greater Restoration
    Lvl 7 Jolting Portent
    Lvl 7 Quickened Cure Serious Wounds x3
    Lvl 7 Regenerate
    Lvl 8 Euphoric Tranqiulity
    Lvl 8 Frightful Aspect
    Lvl 8 Greater Spell Immunity
    Lvl 8 Quickened Cure Critical Wounds x2
    Lvl 9 Empowered Mass Cure Serious Wounds x2
    Lvl 9 Energy Drain
    Lvl 9 Mass Heal x2
    D1 (K) Comprehend Languages
    D2 (K) Detect Thoughts
    D3 (M) Dispel Magic
    D4 (K) Divination
    D5 (M) Spell Resistance
    D6 (M) AntiMagic Field
    D7 (K) Legend Lore
    D8 (M) Protection from Spells
    D9 (M) Mage's Disjunction

Waking from my meditation to Gerald's call, I speak out loud, assuming the message will carry down.

Yes Gerald. Please let him know I'll be down to see him momentarily.

I rise, and don my cleric's vestments. I leave my Cloak and armor in the room, but keep my headband, ring, amulet, belt and boots. Being sure to bring both my buttons and my bag of coin. Stopping at the mirror on my way out, I notice that I'm looking severely worn and wounded.

Oh, that simply won't do.

I cast Empowered Cure Critical wounds on myself, (healing (4d8+20)[8][5][1][8](22) x 1.5 = 63 points of health) and regard myself again in the mirror.

Better, I guess. It'll have to do.

I cast Undetectable Alignment on myself, press my yellow button, and head downstairs, remembering to press it again and close up my room once I'm halfway down the stairs.

Entering the bar, I look around for my robed aquaintance, or Gerald - whomever I see first...

Perception: (1d20+32)[18](18)

Spoiler: Rolling Bug
    Show
    Not sure how 1d20+32 comes up 18... making this edit in the hope it'll change... Okay, I guess not.
    Oh, there seems to be a bug in all the rolling logic - which means (4d8+20) from above is 42 x1.5 = 63, and that perception roll is 40.
    Last edited by FrankieTheKneeM; 2014-05-23 at 11:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: For the DM
    Show
    Does Igi-Kur know any of the areas Thanatos is talking about?

Knowledge: Geography
    (1d20+10)[1](1)

Igi-Kur smiles. I didn't say, actually...but it was nowhere near where you did, it sounds like. At the risk of going down a side quest...er...rabbit hole, this place is either some kind of coincidence magnet or based on that song I'm starting to think were were brought here. And personally, I don't like being broughtanywhere.

Hearing the dwarf's name finally, Igi-Kur's eyes widen and he nods. But of course...Kubrik...THAT was his name. Sorry; that has been bothering me since I got here. He said he was going to meet me here but never mentioned his name.