New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,479 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Fourth Wall: Wall 4 1 and 1 4 Wall

I see the pun went unnoticed.

The Saint is correct though. Arrogance and Overconfidence leads to one's downfall. I have seen it enough and am guilty of it myself from time to time. Let me tell you of the abominations I have seen and why even Ki won't be able to help you.

I have described a Cyberdragon in detail elsewhere, but let me explain here as well.

It is a great beast several city blocks long and covered in scales that can deflect the strongest of bullets and greatest of spells unless aimed precisely and in the tightest of clusters. Even then, you have just a few moments to puncture the degraded armor in the hopes of hitting what would be 'vital' on any other creature or cybernetic organism before it regenerates back to full strength.

Ripping out it's heart merely stuns it. Removing a leg merely slows it. Even blowing up only part of the head leaves it still walking and killing. The only way to kill it in certainty is with a single decapitating blow from the top down along a line only a finger's breadth wide where the process of creating it leaves a soft spot.

Strength of faith does not matter to such a creature nor does the strength of arm nor, in your case, strength of spirit.

I have seen comrade after comrade fall to such creatures and worse. It took years and tens of thousands of lives to learn how to kill a Cyberdragon and in the end my Order killed perhaps thirty out of a hundred or so before being destroyed.

I was not saying you are weak. What I was attempting to point out was that as strong as you are, there are still things that even you might not defeat.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, dear. That sounds serious. Might you folks need a medic? I would be happy to oblige.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh, with the attention this guy's getting for this stuff he's gonna be able to form some new guild thingy. Ugh. It's like HALO but not all corrupt inside.

Not sure if I should be worried or not, but so far he seems to have a level head about him. So that's probably good.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

To Aequitus,

I doubt I could be considered virtuous enough to join your group. Pride and arrogance are kind of who I am you know? None the less I am firmly against the evils that plauge the innocent. If you ever need help spreading good will and all you can contact me at (insert location in Inside). That goes for anyone else with a just cause as well

-Ray

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Oh heaven's no, it's way too late for me to bother learning a new magic system from scratch. In terms you kids use, I'm venerable and epic level. This is mostly academic. And I've also been considering getting my apprentice into it to kick start the old magical development.

(Fun fact to all reading: Playing the game in the Nexus gives you a two percent possibility of Spark development, which is nothing to balk at compared to the actual Spark rate across the multiverse.)

You've actually answered most of my land questions in one fell swoop. Go you! Now let's get to creatures. Where do they come from and go? Are they just hanging out when you summon them for battle? Have you ever interrupted one when he was on the pot or eating dinner?

Hah, there's an image! Alas, we don't usually draw creatures directly forth from their realms, and instead construct facsimiles of them from the aether of the Blind Eternities. It takes a lot less effort than actually moving matter through the planes themselves, for one thing, plus we don't risk accidentally creating unnecessary orphans and such that will train up to destroy us later, because that sort of thing is really, really annoying.

Especially when we're talking about abandoned Dragon Hatchlings. Let me tell you, the intelligent kind can cause a whole lot of trouble if you piss them off and don't even know that they exist until they bang down your castle in the middle of the night. I speak from experience, here.

Anyway, the reconstructed creatures usually break down eventually thanks to entropy, but it's definitely worth the trade-off more often than not.

Cheers,
    The Heart of Iniquity

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    The Fallen Man, call me curious, but how did you come across your title?
    That is not something I care to divulge publicly, but I expect you will come to understand when we inevitably meet.

Sincerely,
    The Fallen Man

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

Hah, there's an image! Alas, we don't usually draw creatures directly forth from their realms, and instead construct facsimiles of them from the aether of the Blind Eternities. It takes a lot less effort than actually moving matter through the planes themselves, for one thing, plus we don't risk accidentally creating unnecessary orphans and such that will train up to destroy us later, because that sort of thing is really, really annoying.

Especially when we're talking about abandoned Dragon Hatchlings. Let me tell you, the intelligent kind can cause a whole lot of trouble if you piss them off and don't even know that they exist until they bang down your castle in the middle of the night. I speak from experience, here.

Anyway, the reconstructed creatures usually break down eventually thanks to entropy, but it's definitely worth the trade-off more often than not.

Cheers,
    The Heart of Iniquity

That is not something I care to divulge publicly, but I expect you will come to understand when we inevitably meet.

Sincerely,
    The Fallen Man
    Did you get tossed down the Grand Canyon while on fire?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    I am Techno-Paladin Aequitus. I am here to send a Calling to all those who seek to answer.

I seek like minded people who are willing to lay down their lives to do what is right rather than what is deemed as necessary. I seek those who are not only able to, but eager to take up arms against evil, tyranny, and apathy. I need people who are not only charitable, but are willing to protect the innocent and downtrodden at all costs. People who are willing to show mercy and understanding to those they are battling. I also reach out to those who are unable to fight, but are willing to support those who can. Healers, Scholars, Smiths, Priests...all are welcome.

Most importantly, I seek those who work towards a common cause.

Make no mistake. There is true evil in this world. Darkness can take many shapes and forms whether it be through oppression, destruction, death, or apathy. These are things that not only should be fought by the likes of us, but must be. To do otherwise is to let this world and it's people be devoured by those who wish to take it for themselves.

I do not pretend that there is little risk in this, nor is there great reward. There won't be much in the way of glory as few people will ever know of our actions. Much of the time we will be protecting people who have little in the way of offering rewards. And finally we will be picked off one by one.

It is no lie that many people who do this will perish for their cause. I know I will be one such person. There is no shame in fearing death nor what comes after. I admit that I am frightened in not only losing my life, but by the idea of somehow finding out that my view of the afterlife is wrong. Mortal man is not without fear, but it is that very fear that grants us the strength to stand up to itself. It is overcoming fear that makes us courageous and brave, not an absence of fear. Everything perishes in time, even us. But shouldn't it matter more on what we do on the road to our ends rather than the end itself?

Shouldn't it be the acts we do in life that matter the most? We all choose our own paths, our own ideals and in the end, our own demise. Shouldn't you seek to be able to hold your head high at the end and say 'I chose this path so others didn't have to. I chose to take the actions necessary to make lives easier for those who don't have a choice in the matter. I chose this and I am proud to say I did'

By choosing to join me, you choose to become a shield for the less fortunate. To place others before yourself and any glory you might receive. You will choose to follow a hard path with little in the way of rest as we must always remain vigilant.

Like me, you'll have chosen to become an Aegis.

When the fortress is complete, I will finish this Call and beckon you all. For now, simply consider my words and your wishes. Seek out places of your faith and pray for guidance. In time, perhaps you might even pack a bag and eagerly await word.

Thank you, and may The Light always shine down upon you.
    Aequitus I may not be able to join your cause, I have enough of my own. But those of that represent those virtues you speak of can count on my aid. If you or those who anwser your call need a healer or hospital, I have both and they will be at your disposal.

-Angie

The address to Hope Hospital is scrawled under this message.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, I know all about pride and arrogance. Believe me. If I were you, I wouldn't trust anything I see here. I'm not going to tell anyone and everyone exactly what I can do. I'll tell you truthfully I'm powerful - I know my limits, though.

Well done on catching me out. Most novices at the Monastery don't pass that test.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground