Default Colliding Dragons -- Elves in Space! [Space Fantasy]

Intro Strip 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6636/j4aj.png

Author criticism:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've never really used "filters" in panels before, so character design and etc. sort of slid there while I got distracted. Alas.

Panel 2 came out the best there, with the exception of the "vampire" who's design looks off. That's probably what I'll aim for in future strips. Once we're out of the intro, I'll need to start populating the backgrounds.

(The guy in panel 3 is the same as panel 1 bloke. His name is Charlie. He wears a top hat.)

Setting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The comic takes place in a space fantasy, science fantasy -- whatever you want to call it -- setting. So, like, there are planets and spaceships, as you would expect... and also mages, elves, and dwarves.

Elves are like humans, but with slightly less rectangular figures (as far as OotS-like things go) and pointy ears. The majority of dwarves, alas, do not have beards. In addition to just being short, if you did scale them to human size, you would find that their bodies would be still be shorter and their legs would be longer in comparison. Everyone lives for roughly the same time before popping off.

What magic is remains up for debate. It does not quite fit into most physics theories the land has, but research is still being conducted. Most people have some magical knowledge, but full experts are rare because advanced magic is sort of like expert science... except the rules can often be contradictory and senseless.

The planet we look upon is Velore. It's basically your ol' generic fantasy world, except for the whole "lets go into space, meet green women, and steal their technology!" thing. It has nations and countries, though most space-development has happened in Ferent, which is basically Fantasy England because I am English. While technology is growing and fairly widespread, it is usually augmented by magic -- especially spaceflight-related things.

There are monsters on Velore, but no dragons. Obviously, they'll be appearing soon enough. Then they'll probably eat people. Jerks.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Colliding Dragons -- Elves in Space! [Space Fantasy]

why you have used the spoiler tags?
    why not you write these openly?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Note: I am currently away, dragged from various countries to various others. Proper replies, comicdoing, will not be possible for, say, a week and a bit.

I put them in spoilerboxes so that when I made more comics, I would not have to alter the structure. A simple "link to these comics" does not allow me to properly comment on them in retrospect, while keeping the commentary outside another spoiler box puts it into too much focus -- you don't, nor should you, have to read it when going through the comic. The comments are more for me than you, in the end.

The setting may be a bit superfluous, though it too takes up a fair amount of space. Don't like shoving walls of texts into people's faces. And, again, it's not necessary to read it, or I would've placed it before the comic.
    Last edited by Manga Maniac; 2013-08-01 at 01:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

This looks good! I can't wait for the next comic. Elves in Space ... awesome name is awesome.